7x23 - Collateral Damage - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

See, I didn't think he looked all that shocked. He just looked disappointed, like he had a "feeling" he knew what she was doing. I might need to see the scene again....maybe it's just me. *shrugs*
You are right.I don't know why I said shocked when I know I thought he looked disappointed as I watched it last night, his face kind of said it all.I also thought he knew what she was doing.

My dear Francis, how I love you, but please stop playing whack-a-mole with the suspect's heads.
:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
I would be mad too if some punk kid started shooting at me but... holy explosive temper!!!

i agree what with the rest of what you guys said, but i have to add I think dr. price is shooting at Ryan next week. I also am surprised no one mentioned that Eric got the one liner and final say before the credits rolled in the beginning. Very exciting.

Oh and there was a point where I just sat up and started yelling/laughing because of one of the scenes (note to self go back and re watch episode).

Oh yes our teenage photographer gets the ax, poor kid, over his head working for the Russians.

yeah, I saw the previews myself... but tara shooting ryan in the back? yeah... that pretty much says "bye bye tara" by itself...
but i'm not really convinced... the previews sometimes switches it around on us (ie. calleigh and eric's "wedding" and calleigh gets "shot"...didnt happen) but i'm not going to try to guess what really happens

and thus, i will have to say happy trails to the photographer guy... you were a big d-bag while you lasted

I also am surprised no one mentioned that Eric got the one liner and final say before the credits rolled in the beginning.

I mentioned it as did someone else. :) Okay H, Cal and Eric have gotten their first lines before the credits thing. Now it's Ryan, Nat and Frank's turns. :D

It's not Tara shooting at Ryan. They just flash from Tara's face (maybe Ryan decides he can't keep her secret after all and her look is being busted by someone higher up). But, then it flashes to a hand holding a gun. The hand is out of focus a little, but its definitely not Tara's hand.

Wack-a-mole :lol:

I don't think Ryan knew what was going on with Tara prior to this episode. He knew about her aggrivating her old shoulder injury and he knows what addiction is like, so he recogonized her behavior pretty much right away. But he was definitely disappointed. Sometimes his looks mirror some of Horatio's... only Horatio would have had a little bit of mad mixed in with the disappointment (without the fact that she blamed the pill thing on Julia). I don't think Ryan realizes that Tara has been stealing the pills though. I think that if he knew that, he would definitely tell H.

Ryan telling Tara to 'kick this' didn't mean he knew anything about it beforehand. To 'kick it' is just an expression. He was telling her to get rid of her problem because he couldn't overlook it the next time.

I don't think he knew about the problem before the grenade went off, unless Kyle told him about his suspicions off screen some time ago, which could make sense.

Anyway, Tara crazily shoveling pills into a bottle after nearly getting her head blown off by a grenade is kind of a dead give away to anyone who saw it that she's got a huge problem.

Was that look between Calleigh and Eric really needed before he entered the crime scene? I honestly think not...really people running around with grenades and killing people is not a time to be lovely dovey.

I just want to ask why you dont think is was needed in the scene. No i wasnt and im a big calleigh and eric fan. But whats wrong with it. It give the show a heart to say "hey you okay look" I do that all the time. But please dont take this as something bad im just trying to understand.:(:)

Everyone has their opinion and I value that. So again please just a question:).

"Was that look between Calleigh and Eric really needed before he entered the crime scene? I honestly think not...really people running around with grenades and killing people is not a time to be lovely dovey."

I just want to ask why you dont think is was needed in the scene. No i wasnt and im a big calleigh and eric fan. But whats wrong with it. It give the show a heart to say "hey you okay look" I do that all the time. But please dont take this as something bad im just trying to understand.:(:)

I also am surprised no one mentioned that Eric got the one liner and final say before the credits rolled in the beginning.
I mentioned it as did someone else.

oops soorry!

Hehe, no worries. My reviews are always kinda long so some things get lost in there. :lol: Someone else mentioned that it was funny he said a line the NY characters say a lot, particularly Danny. :lol:

BTW, was it just me or did Calleigh have a red shirt under her black suit jacket? I still can't figure out why she and H are always dressed in dark colors and Ryan and Eric are always in bright colors. :lol:

Er, yeah I'm a little late. :p Enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts on the episode so far though. :)

I thought this was a good one. We finally got to see Horatio without his Overcoat of Doom and we even saw him interact with children! :D

It's interesting how they're slowly managing to slip in a Case B, even though it's connected to the first case. I'm hoping next season we get to see a Case A and a Case B that aren't related (like in earlier seasons) but at the moment, I'm happy.

Lots of Ryan in this one -- I'm very curious to see the outcome of the Tara issue as I suspect we won't be seeing the last of Ryan's involvement with it.

Still, I could do without the split screens. Just because you have the ability to put every effect known to man into your show, doesn't mean you should. It's actually starting to complicate episodes for me, especially when they're showing an investigative technique or when they're explaining something (like when Ryan and Natalia were going through the grenade pieces) and I can't bloody see or focus on half the things they're showing. I know we're living in the age of ADD and now now now but really...

Although if they're doing it to cut down on film or there are some time constraints that just allow them to piece it together that way to make things a little easier, fine but I'm still going to be a wee bit annoyed in my corner over here. :lol: :p *hugs the seasons where split-screens were nonexistent*

That said, the rest of the episode was good and it was nice to see Tripp getting some more extensive scenes. :D I kind of felt like he was verging on police brutality but then again, if some kid were shooting at me and I had to chase him all over Hell's half acre, I'd be a little miffed too. I wonder if they're planning on continuing this into a storyline for Tripp next season. It would be interesting to see. :)

The technique used to raise the license plate number was neat, although I can't get over that a cop just gave them his taser. I would think there'd be some sort of protocol for handing over a service weapon of any kind, even if you're handing it over to another cop. Either way, it was an interesting way to gather evidence.

^ Yeah I noticed Calleigh's clothes too. It was nice to see her in something other than just the one solid colour but yeah, there's an interesting difference between Calleigh/Horatio and Eric/Ryan. lol. At least we seem to be getting away a little bit from the drastic colour coordination. (I say drastic because while it still seemed to be coordinated a bit with - if memory serves - Calleigh in red, Ryan in orange, Eric in a floral pinky colour etc. it didn't seem as noticable to me like in recent seasons)

Last edited:
"Was that look between Calleigh and Eric really needed before he entered the crime scene? I honestly think not...really people running around with grenades and killing people is not a time to be lovely dovey."

I'm not a fan of romance or shipping, therefore something that takes away form the premise of the show, which for me is the crime and crime solving, doesn't need to be there. I get that they are a couple but it's rather annoying to have to have it in every single episode.

Yeah, that split-screen thing is kind of hard to watch. It's like trying to watch all three rings at a Circus at once. :lol:

oh i forgot to mention. I thought it was interesting when Eric said he knew about the tazer/lifting print from a convention he went to last month...anyone want to tell me when that happened I am sure last month they were still in the middle of or the beginning of all the Russian nonsense? Blah such weird lines out of random thin air. IT was a good technique granted isn't it Ryan that knows so much about tazers (ie previous seasons and episodes he talked and did a lot with them; calleigh too if i remember correctly)?

Back