Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• D-

• F

• Total voters
I'm sorry you took offense, but it truly was meant as a joke. Lindsay is just a fictional character--it would be pretty humorless to never be able to joke about the characters. I realize Lindsay is controversial around here and therefore comments about her can raise sensitivity, but at the end of the day, they're just fictional characters. I don't think Danny minds that I call him a slut, either.
Of course, given that Danny is the only guy that we know for sure Lindsay has had sex with, clearly the implication is that Danny is the source of the bad sex ;-)

If Danny is the only man Lindsay has had sex with she should blame the tequilla and the pool table before blaming Danny. ;)

so freaking true...I give my kidneys for a ride on Danny:lol:

I am at a loss to understand how exactly it will save money to have 4 of the CSI's not take their vacation time? Surely they are entitled to a set amount of paid vacation time, so what difference will it make by having them in the lab for an extra week?
I mean, if I take one less week of holidays, that means I'll get an extra weeks work done and an extra week of fee notes issued. But the CSI lab doesn't make more money the more people it has working, so how can there be any impact on budgets? Or are they not usually paid for their time off?

And I guess it sucks to be a lab tech not named Adam. I would love to see a scene next episode where Danny or Stella want something processed and basically gets told to feck off, because it's one of the not-Adam techs who are still going to lose their jobs.

I am at a loss to understand how exactly it will save money to have 4 of the CSI's not take their vacation time? Surely they are entitled to a set amount of paid vacation time, so what difference will it make by having them in the lab for an extra week?
I mean, if I take one less week of holidays, that means I'll get an extra weeks work done and an extra week of fee notes issued. But the CSI lab doesn't make more money the more people it has working, so how can there be any impact on budgets? Or are they not usually paid for their time off?

The four weeks of vacation that was forfeited by the team was somehow transferred to Adam to give him four more weeks at the lab. Four people not taking vacation means four weeks to pay someone else.

And I guess it sucks to be a lab tech not named Adam. I would love to see a scene next episode where Danny or Stella want something processed and basically gets told to feck off, because it's one of the not-Adam techs who are still going to lose their jobs.

Considering Adam is the only tech they ever go to for processing their evidence I don't think that'll be an issue. :p

I gave it an A

It was one of those episodes i loved not because it was full of tense nail biting moments which normally are the exciting ones but I liked how all the characters got a part and the way it was done.

Danny with glasses is wierd I want them back much nicer. But the white shirt can definately stay.

Danny and Flack and the swings was just to funny to watch well more how flack sat down its one of those moments you could see carrying on sat for a few moments talking about life in general.

Adam was just cute you coudl really feel his pain and his lil start as soo cute how he was saying everything he thought was the reason.

Didn't see the Lawyers being the killers though, but i did think he was way to quick to give up the name at first.

The last scene was just really nice it shows how much of a team they really all are and how Mac/Stella's friendship works.

The four weeks of vacation that was forfeited by the team was somehow transferred to Adam to give him four more weeks at the lab. Four people not taking vacation means four weeks to pay someone else.

But how does it make a difference? Stella and Hawkes and Lindsay and Danny are still getting paid for the week that they're working in the lab, just like they would have gotten paid if they'd spent those weeks on vacation, right? While there will be an extra weeks work from each of them, the lab isn't going to earn four weeks more money. Now if they'd said they were each going to forfeit a weeks pay, that I would understand. But the way they did it, were we supposed to all go "OMG, they really love Adam, these guys are the greatest!!!!!" and just forget about the logic?

^^ I think it comes down to the fact that they'd be getting paid and someone would be getting paid for working during those days. So by giving up their vacation and being put on the schedule, the lab is shelling out one set of pay for that week instead of two. (Not exactly, since it's not like other people won't be working, but I think I made at least a little bit of sense. :lol:)

Dawni said:

Danny and Flack and the swings was just to funny to watch well more how flack sat down its one of those moments you could see carrying on sat for a few moments talking about life in general.
Or maybe they decided to see who could swing the highest. I can imagine some kids standing by like :wtf: while they're swinging. :lol: Or maybe Danny would be like, 'Hey, watch this' and swing and then jump off like we used to do when I was a kid. :lol:

[/dork]

Typing and then posting, as usual. :) (ETA: I think I put the cursor in the wrong place to type some of the comments for early in the episode, so they might be out of order. Whoops!)

~ Angell! :D *ravages* You so funny, girl. :p

~ Danny with no glasses. Meh.

~ Yes, bb, you should have stayed home and watched TV. :p

~ Mmm, Sheldon and Flack are so pretty.

~ "Game over." YEAAAAH! Oops, wrong show again. :D

~ TEASER NEEDS MOAR ADAM

~ "Money to burn" - YEAAAAH! :p

~ LOL, Flack said 'doobie'

~ Aww, Sheldon is so pretty.

~ Haha! I love Angell - oh, bb, I missed you. *snuggles against your bosom*

~ She's glad not to be a lab rat, and I can't blame her. :p

~ SID! :D

~ ADAM! ALL YOUR ADAM ARE BELONG TO ME! :D

~ Aww, poor baby is so nervous. *snuggles*

~ Oh, Adam. :( *wipes away a tear*

~ Oh, Mac. *loves you* Take care of my baby. At least they have time to figure things out.

~ Oh, Adam - he's glad Mac didn't make the choice. *cuddles him and makes him cookies*

~ Admit it, he was adorable in that scene. And he was about to cry - it wasn't quite flowing man-tears followed by a big man-hug from Mac, but at least I got some almost-tears. [/shameless]

~ Oh dear, they were all set to stand trial - dun dun duuuuun. *le gasp*

~ Haha! Poor Adam, getting stuck with all that broken glass. Oh Danny, you big meanie. :p

~ "Bang. Bang."
"I never get to play with guns." :lol:

~ Ew, cockroach. *climbs onto chair and orders Mac to take care of it for me*

~ Hee! "Usually, I'm a lot less charming." Oh, Mac. :p

~ Danny sure does love that green shirt.

~ LOL "Five hundie"? :lol:

~ Hahaha, Flack got Danny's jacket for him? Oh, my slashy senses are tingling. ;)

~ Whoo, pushing him off the swing. Awesome.

~ And now Danny is swinging. Oh dear. :p

~ And Flack - oh dear, you boys. :lol:

~ Don't call my Angell a bitch, bitch! She'll jack you up fo sho!

~ Stella/Angell ladysex would be hot, y/y?

~ Mac is pissed off nao. :eek:

~ Gawkers? Tsk tsk.

~ "What Adam brings to the lab is worth waiting six months." Aww.

~ "I'll take Adam every time. He works his ass off. Losing him will cost the city even more." Oh, Mac. *love*

~ Oh, poor Adam - he heard what Stella said. :(

~ How much do I love that scene? And the Danny/Flack scene in the park (which I think was filmed in NYC)? :)

~ Mmm, Stella with a big gun. Rawr! :devil:

~ BOOOOOBIIIIIIES! :D :D :D

~ Aww, Mac was sweet with her. *hugs Mac*

~ Dayum! :eek: They cut her face up. :(

~ Aww. :(

~ Mac is pissed off again.

~ Someone removed evidence - I wonder if that's the same person that removed the USB in 5.04?

~ Ooh, pissy!Mac. They were both right, but still...

~ I like that Mac is fighting things he can't control in this one.

~ Stella, uncover the boobies, plz. :(

~ 3 brothers, 3 murders - dun dun duuuuuun!

~ Danny looks like a waiter or something in that white shirt. Bring back the glasses, bb.

~ Aww, Adam basically just said the machines were more important than his job. :(

~ Can't say I feel too bad about what the lawyers did.

~ Aww, Adam.

~ Oh, how cute - they all gave up their vacations to save my bb. Sheldon, go reassure Adam with hot mansexuals. :devil:

~ Also, *fondles Stella* You did good, bb. You guys will figure something out when the time comes. :D

I didn't get a preview, and I don't remember if there's a new episode - the station screwed up here either way, I think. (ETA: 5.07 should come on next week - so boo on CBS not showing me the promo!)

Overall, it was a good episode with some nice little character moments. It was nice to see Mac angry over Adam losing his job - poor Adam. I know they'll figure something out. (AJ's five-year contract pretty much demands it.) But it'll be interesting to see how this all works out. I'm also interested to find out if the removed evidence relates to the missing USB from "Sex, Lies and Silicone". If so, they're doing good with the continuity this season. :)

Have I mentioned how much I love your recaps, Faylinn??? I know...I have. I'll mention it again, though. I love your recaps.:bolian::thumbsup:

I didn't get a preview, and I don't remember if there's a new episode - the station screwed up here either way, I think. (ETA: 5.07 should come on next week - so boo on CBS not showing me the promo!)

Same here. They showed half a dozen commercials and the last one they showed was a commercial for last night's David Letterman then the screen went black for a few seconds. When the picture comes on, no preview, just credits. Before the commercials they DEFINITELY had Gary Sinise's voice saying "Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode." Made me so freakin' mad.:klingon::angryrazz::brickwall::mad:
If next week's episode was gonna be a re-run you wouldn't have heard Gary Sinise's voice saying "Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode" before the commercials.

Now about this episode. Just like last week's episode, I gave this episode an A also. One difference between this week's and last week's episode...this one was much closer to getting an A+ from me. This episode was this---> | close. The width across of that line. Last week's episode was this---> ||| close. Push those 3 lines together and make one fat line out of them. I loved Adam asking Mac what was the reason behind that notice. I also loved Danny's line "Bang. Bang." and Adam's line "I never get to play with guns". I loved when that lawyer asked Mac if that was how he usually went about getting information out of somebody and Mac answered "No. Usually I'm alot less charming." I can imagine Danny or Flack saying that. Especially Flack, in his usual snarky, sarcastic, smart alec sort of way.
I really loved that scene of Mac in his office on the phone blowing his top at Chief Sinclair and all those lab techs outside evesdropping. Stella had to tell them to get back to work. :lol:
This was a good, memorable episode. I think what kept me from giving this episode an A+ was: NOT ENOUGH SID!!! Everyone else got plenty of scenes but, as I recall, Sid only had ONE scene.:brickwall:
As of right now, Veritas is still the only season 5 episode I felt was worthy of an A+. This one got very close. Maybe next week's episode will get an A+ from me.
I got TV Guide for next week in the mail yesterday. So I can give a little spoiler about next week's episode.

From page 60 of the November 10-16, 2008 issue of TV Guide.
A deadly confessional group is discovered when a murder occurs inside a house that's being relocated.

Last edited:
Danny's not worn glasses before hasn't he? :confused: I'm sure I remember a few episodes where he's not been wearing glasses. Maybe he has contacts? I do prefer him with though. As a glasses wearer it's nice to see a character wear glasses that aren't absolutely absurd.

I felt so sorry for Adam. And Stella was so cold when she was basically saying that she'd prefer to have the machines over Adam. It was a perfectly rational argument but I was still so annoyed with her for saying it. Her saying 'I love Adam' won't be much of a consolation for him when he's out of a job.

And why does she insist on telling Mac what to do? I know they're friends and they have the kind of relationship where they can give each other honest opinions, but her opinions seem a little forceful at times. Office Blue springs to mind.

Danny's not worn glasses before hasn't he? :confused: I'm sure I remember a few episodes where he's not been wearing glasses. Maybe he has contacts? I do prefer him with though. As a glasses wearer it's nice to see a character wear glasses that aren't absolutely absurd.

You're right. There have been episodes where Danny didn't wear his glasses in every scene. The only one I can think of the name of is the CSI: Miami season 2 episode MIA/NYC Non-Stop, which I affectionately refer to as the CSI: NY pilot episode. In one scene Mac and Horatio come in to the room at the lab where Danny is. Danny is on the phone with Speedle seeing if the partial print off the inside of the driver's side door of the rental car in Miami and partial print off the dead NY cop's wallet are from one finger of one person. In that scene Danny wasn't wearing his trademark little rectangular-shaped glasses. I'm with you. faith666, I prefer Danny with the glasses.

I liked the tension in this episode. Mac vs. Stella, Mac vs. the lawyer...all of that. I think everyone involved had to come to learn that promises can be dangerous.

My cable stopped while Adam was trying to plead for his job. BUT, my DVR still got it...without any stops. Go figure.

Is there no episode next week? No previews? I heard Gary's voice over: "Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode..." and then the local 11:00 news came on.

:confused:

You're right. There have been episodes where Danny didn't wear his glasses in every scene. The only one I can think of the name of is the CSI: Miami season 2 episode MIA/NYC Non-Stop, which I affectionately refer to as the CSI: NY pilot episode. In one scene Mac and Horatio come in to the room at the lab where Danny is. Danny is on the phone with Speedle seeing if the partial print off the inside of the driver's side door of the rental car in Miami and partial print off the dead NY cop's wallet are from one finger of one person. In that scene Danny wasn't wearing his trademark little rectangular-shaped glasses. I'm with you. faith666, I prefer Danny with the glasses.

I'm sure Danny owns a pair or 2 of contacts :lol:

Same here. They showed half a dozen commercials and the last one they showed was a commercial for last night's David Letterman then the screen went black for a few seconds. When the picture comes on, no preview, just credits. Before the commercials they DEFINITELY had Gary Sinise's voice saying "Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode." Made me so freakin' mad.:klingon::angryrazz::brickwall::mad:
If next week's episode was gonna be a re-run you wouldn't have heard Gary Sinise's voice saying "Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode" before the commercials.

Maybe next week's episode will get an A+ from me.
I got TV Guide for next week in the mail yesterday. So I can give a little spoiler about next week's episode.

From page 60 of the November 10-16, 2008 issue of TV Guide.
A deadly confessional group is discovered when a murder occurs inside a house that's being relocated.

Is there no episode next week? No previews? I heard Gary's voice over: "Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode..." and then the local 11:00 news came on.
:confused:

See my quote of myself. I said "If next week's episode was gonna be a re-run you wouldn't have heard Gary Sinise's voice saying "Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode" before the commercials.
Well, I believe that would also be true if there weren't gonna be an episode next week.
Plus, they'd have to have a new episode next week. Otherwise, the episode "My Name is Mac Taylor" scheduled to air Wednesday after next-(November 19th) won't be the 100th episode.
I think the preview not being shown was just technical difficulties on CBS's end.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Danny was sans glasses during the entirety of that first Miami/NY crossover - since the show itself started, though, he's worn glasses more often than not. There have been a few scenes without them, but he's generally had them on. I believe there was a comment made at some point about how wearing contacts in a lab is bad because of the chemicals, but I don't remember when it was said.

Anyway, this was posted in the spoiler thread - it's the link to the promo: clicky

It really doesn't give much info about the case, but we'll see. :)

Ha.

Hallefreakinlleujah. That was good tv. A+.

I really like last night's ep. It had a really well written story, interesting implications, with screen time and case involvement spread across the whole of the team, humour, drama, twists, internal strife with no easy cut and dried answers, nor to the trio of homicides, strong performances from guest actors, and from the main cast as a whole. F*ckin A+. :cool: :D

I thought there was an interesting thru line in this episode. The System. It was nearly another character, not just an abstract background or framework. It was something each struggled within, fought against, discussed, confronted, negotiated, questioned.

Everyone trying to work the system in their own ways.

I was pleasantly surprised that the budget cut stuff it wasn't just played out here as an ongoing battle of wills between Mac and Sinclair. It really came across as a reality that Mac and Stella have to deal with in their obligations to balance the Labs, the Team, and their personal feelings. I liked that one of them had to play devil's advocate to the other and really talk it out. And I don't feel Stella was callous in having to consider currency in technology alongside personnel in meeting their mandate. I think Adam weighing in on that after overhearing the conversation was also a way to acknowledge the validity of that point.

I also like that while Mac's initial response to the letter from Sinclair was to confront and defy him, Stella's response was to try and find a way to balance the labs and their team,or at least buy time to do so. It ended strongly too, with the team all popping into Mac's office relinquish their time off. Costa Rica, Italy, San Fran, Buenos Aires. Hmm. Guess after London Mac's not so keen on vacations. Poor bastard, now he probably needs one all the worse. :p And I liked the moment between Mac and Stella after that to close the ep out.

OK At one point I was going vote in the Danny & His Glasses poll as This Is Me Not Caring, but - ...well, after last night, I do. Danny, where are your spectacles? Did Flack forget to go to your locker and put them into your pockets before he threw your jacket at you? And no wonder the crime scene looked so daunting to you. You couldn't see all the pieces. Not that it mattered. You made Adam do all the work anyways. :lol:

I liked that AJ had not only his usual endearing moments interacting with the others, but a moment just for him alone in the locker room. I liked Angell (bitch, biatch) and esp. the moment she walked from the scene absolutely delighted not be a lab rat. I liked there was a perp named Scooby. I liked Hawkes saying Scooby doo. I liked Flack saying doobie. I liked Flack preferring Tom and Jerry. I liked Flack for all the usual brilliant reasons. I liked Hawkes preferring Mighty Mouse. I like these little snippets that made it into the episode, totally in keeping with the story and scene and making it even better.

I was gonna comment on Lindsay here, and that odd scene. But I think there's a Special thread better suited given the tack I'm likely to take.

Loved the episode. New Benchmark, TPTB. There's been a number of really strong episodes so far this season. It does really seem like TPTB did think long and hard about what direction they wanted the show to go in this season, and worked hard at pushing it forward.

5.09 will show the turn it takes from all they had planned prior I'm sure. But we will see. This week was a great episode and I won't jump ahead.

I gave the last one an A. This one was better. A+.

Last edited:
The whole thing about the lawyers, could they have followed the guys? That's probably how they knew where they would be. OR ,they guy at the club usually hangs out there on a certain day of the week. That's possible, right?

Just trying to clear the confusion (and account for the hole in the plot!)

Back