Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• D-

• F

• Total voters
The lawyers was a twist I didn't see coming, I thought it was the brothers like most of us here did. But I can see where they're coming from. I can imagine having a viewpoint that you're going to help people in hard circumstances when you start, only to end up defending scumbags liek the guys in tonight's episode. After having to do that for a while, it most certainly does take a toll on you and I could see where they finally snapped.

I can't imagine what it must be like to have to defend people everyday when you know they are guilty especially after they attack a potential witness. I was sure it was the brothers, it almost seemed too perfect to have three brothers and three dead guys. For some reason I never suspected the lawyers.

I loved when Danny and Flack pushed the guy off the swing. I've fallen backwards off a swing and it hurts! They really work well together, I'm glad we get a lot of scenes with the two of them!

Hey guys, I haven't been on here in like forever! Ok, last nights episode was hmm, ok. I give it a solid B. The best part was seeing Angell back! YAY!!! Her and Danny's chemistry was easy going as it always is, and her with the prostitute = priceless!!! so happy! I also loved Danny and Flack's little scene on the swings, so cute! Mac, Danny, and Flack discussing the case was great, and Danny asking Mac the question, "What if it was your sister?" it was a memorable line between 3 men. So, yeah... glad to be back :)

Dear Mac,

Maybe if you hadn't blown up the lab in S3, necessitating millions of dollars in reconstruction, you wouldn't have a budget crisis.

Once again, Mac Taylor's megalomania has reached frightening proportions. I'm thrilled that Mac took up the charge on behalf of Adam Ross and six other lab techs, and I'm especially impressed that Mr. Protect the Lab at Any Cost was willing to postpone the acquisition of critical machines in favor of protecting the livelihood of a human being. These developments made me want to hug Mac and pat him and love him and call him George.

However, he lost those brownie points by attacking the problem in the worst possible way. Screaming at your superior is not the best way to confront the problem, and frankly, I was alarmed at the depth of his vitriol and arrogance. He blasted Sinclair without a passing thought for the unpleasant fact that should he so desire, Sinclair could replace him as lab director. Mac just barreled ahead, smugly reminding Sinclair, "I run this division, and I'll make decisions about personnel."

Not for long, he doesn't, if he keeps flouting his entitlement complex like that. Mac is a phenomenal CSI, of that there is no doubt, but everyone has their limit, and Sinclair might be reaching his. Perhaps Mac is so secure in his position because of the dirt he dug up on Gerrard in "...Comes Around", but that affected Gerrard more than Sinclair, and even if that were staying Sinclair's hand, any goodwill Mac might've garnered by not disclosing the sexual harassment didoes in which Sinclair was involved will evaporate should the contents of the stolen flash drive ever resurface. Mac's job may not be as inviolate as he thinks it is, and he should tread more carefully.

Speaking of flash drives, I was pleased to see a nod to continuity with the revelation of compromised evidence. Clearly, someone is working to discredit the department.

I was equally dismayed by Mac's temper tantrum at the ADA. I realize that Mac considers himself a man of his word, but his word isn't universally binding. Unless the ADA was privy to his promise to Maggie(which she wasn't), she was under no obligation to stand by Mac's promise, a promise he had no authority to make. Mac's heart was in the right place, but I was happy to see the ADA remind him that his word is neither divine writ nor the whole of NYC justice and law.

Mac wasn't the only one in need of a pimp slap. Stella was very...callous in this episode. She said she felt for Adam, but she didn't <i>show</i> it in her initial conversation with Mac. Indeed, she pooh-poohed Adam's dismissal as the cost of keeping up with the forensic Joneses. So what if Adam and six others are fired? The lab will have shiny, new machines to catch criminals. What she failed to address was the fact that humans like Adam can reason and see things calibrated machines might not. As Mac pointed out, Adam has been instrumental in explaining technical and cultural minutiae that the older, stodgier members of the Nerd Herd don't understand. That's an insight machines can't provide, and who knows how many dirtbags might walk without them?

Stella isn't wrong; her stance simply emerged as uncharacteristically cold. She hasn't been so shoot-first-and-ask-questions-later since "Officer Blue", when she was perfectly willing to kill a horse to retrieve a bullet despite its sentimental value to a little girl whose father was killed in the line of duty. I doubt Stella would've been so sanguine about the march of the machines had it been her job on the block.

To be fair, Stella redeemed herself by rounding up the crew and convincing them to sacrifice their vacation time to buy Adam time, but it makes me wonder just how much they're getting paid. Sinclair told Mac it would take $200,000 to save Adam's job. A few weeks' paid leave is like asking Albus Dumbledore and his withered bladder to douse a California wildfire.

There was a lovely exchange between Flack and Danny about sibling affections and the limitations of the law in delivering justice. I have no doubt that Flack would kill anyone who attacked his sister, nor do I doubt Mac would do the same. It was a lovely moment, and I can't help but wonder if it isn't a bit of foreshadowing since we've seen that Samantha Flack associates with shady people.

The case itself was interesting, if over the top. One outraged defense attorney I could see, but three? And all of them outraged on behalf of a woman who suffered a brutal but non-life-threatening knife attack? All right, then... Credibility has been stretched more than the elastic on my underwear.

Dear TPTB,

"If one is good, three is awesomecakes" is not a credo you should live by.

La Guera

And while I'm on the subject, how did Thing 2 and Thing 3 know where their skeezy clients were? Thing 1's client was at home, ensconced in his toking chair and was thus easily found, but I doubt even doucheballs announce they'll be doing hookers and blow in Alley X at 10PM or popping E in X club. Were these defense attorneys secret mind-reading members of the X-men?

And wow, what a clunky, badly-blocked scene in Maggie's apartment. All three of her hulking brothers just happened to be at her apartment when Mac showed up? I get that she was injured and needed TLC, but all of them? At once? Are they all unemployed? Do they live in a family compound a la the Waltons("Goodnight, John Boy.)? Bless them for loving their sister, but wow, was that ham-fisted.

B- It would have fared better had they not fallen off the overkill wagon.

As always, Fay, I am totally amused by your responses! I love your comment about Promogate. Yes, it's a scandal!

As much as I was soooo, soooo sad about what Adam is going thru, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the interaction between Gary and AJ!

Totally did not suspect the lawyers ("Killing clients can't be good for business" - YAY Mac, great line!).

I agree, PerfectAnomoly - there is no one who compares to our X-Factor!!!

Yes, I thought AB was showing, just a tad. I know it was filmed several weeks ago, but I could NEVER look that good pregnant!

I didn't notice the line about "Mac turned me on to him", but if I had heard it, yes, I would have thought the same thing! :devil:

If other techs are being let go, find someone to replace Adam in that list of techs leaving. PLEASE leave poor Adam alone! :(

Yes, the famous underwear line. If you're in an accident, you will have an accident. So, what's the point of wearing clean underwear? And, who would wear dirty underwear anyway? Always a conundrum....

Hawkes and the Scooby Doo comment. Aww, a softie at heart. I always thought he was a softie. I love Hawkes! :adore::drool:

JellyBelly - too much creepy time with Sid? That gives me the shivers. How can anyone spend that much creepy time with Sid? No one should have to spend creepy time with Sid. But, we still love our Sid!

Privatename - I was trying to figure out how someone got hold of those guns, too. I was starting to wonder if they were being held in evidence, and our friend who stole the USB drive also stole the guns. Ooh, now that would make a great ep, right? Nah, they won't carry a story over into another ep, would they?

Danny w/o glasses. Say it ain't so! Maybe his vision improved and he only needs them once in a while? Nah, not Danny. BRING BACK THE GLASSES!!!!

Love the whole "So, what if it were your sister" conversation. Aww, Don, it's nice to know you would do that for Sam, even if you don't approve of how she lives sometimes. That's a wonderful Big Bro! Can you be my big brother?!

Yeah, Mac needs to learn that he isn't the one who makes all the decisions. Sorry, Mac, you need to step back a bit. People respond better when you offer to negotiate rather than yell at them. Breathe in, breathe out.....

Stella, when will you learn that Mac defends his group, and you won't win that argument? Tsk, tsk. But, I like what you did in the end. That was a nice gesture! So, did Mac buy you dinner?!

Overall, great episode. I just wish I didn't have to explain everything to DH. He kept asking questions. I finally told him that I knew nothing that he didn't know. I saw exactly what he saw. Seriously, I didn't see a different camera angle, or even the ending. I was watching it with ya, pal! LOL! I love him anyway!

A
Oh, Lindsay, I'm sure you've had plenty of bad sex--no doubt you scrunch your face up and hope it won't last longer than 10 minutes. It takes two to make it good, honey. ;) No doubt Lindsay is as joyless about sex as she is about everything else save for brown-nosing. :lol:

I tend to stay in 3 or 4 threads here ar TALK and I don't often go in to the other threads but I had to comment when I saw this. While I understand that you do not like Lindsay and that is very much your right, I have to say that I found the above comment a bit below the belt and I was quite offended. I sorry, but I just don't see this as constructive critism. Even if I wasn't a fan of Lindsay of this had been directly at a character that I did not like I truely believe that I would have been offended by it.

I'm sorry you took offense, but it truly was meant as a joke. Lindsay is just a fictional character--it would be pretty humorless to never be able to joke about the characters. I realize Lindsay is controversial around here and therefore comments about her can raise sensitivity, but at the end of the day, they're just fictional characters. I don't think Danny minds that I call him a slut, either. ;)

I am sorry, but I found it to be an unnecessarily crude comment, and I know I am not the only one who thinks this, but I lot of people are to scared to voice their opinions in this area.

No one should be afraid to voice their opinions here. This is a discussion forum--as long as people are civil, they'll be met with civility in turn. Look at this conversation, for example--neither of us is attacking the other. We're just presenting our differing viewpoints without getting hostile.

While I understand that you do not like Lindsay and that is very much your right, I have to say that I found the above comment a bit below the belt and I was quite offended.

Lindsay is a fictional character and can't get her feelings hurt by comments made here. I'm surprised that this comment is the one you (and the others you speak for) get offended by but someone's earlier comment in this thread using a racial slur that could hurt real human beings seems to be ignored. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I really enjoyed last night's episode. I didn't see the lawyers part in the crime coming at all, which I really enjoyed. I also really like that they brought in the idea of murder for justice. With Mac always spouting off about good and just and blah blah blah, it's always fun to see him have to consider that their perp might have actually done a good thing for society.

It seems like this episode everyone got equal face time which was very nice. I also enjoyed the banter between Danny and Angell at the beginning. More of Angell please! :)

I also like that Adam went and confronted Mac about being let go. You would think that Adam might be scared to confront Mac, especially if he thought that Mac was the one who fired him. I'm sure he spent a while in the locker room, building up his confidence and going over all his talking points before going to his office. Either way I was very proud of Adam for confronting Mac. Our little lab geek is growing up. *wipes away tear*

And yay to everyone giving up their vacation so Adam can stay for a little bit longer. I like it when they have little moments like that to show that they are a tight team.

You know, on the comment of the underwear. ( I am NOT making fun of Lindsay cause I love that character). With that said, in all actuality the relevance of clean underwear wouldn't have really mattered with this dead guy. All be it that yes there was seimen, but there should have been more. Much more, well in real life anyway. Once you are dead all your "opening"/sphincter muscles that make up parts of your gastrointestinal tract, both top and bottom relax and thus the no REAL need for clean undies. They are just gonna get soiled anyway. I have seen it too many times. NOW, on accidents......not sure. But, I just thought I would throw this out there. You know, just mindless ramblings of a woman who has too much time on her hands.:)

Good lord I just had a Dr. Cox (off of SCRUBS) moment. And now I am back to sitting in the corner:(

All in all I thought it was a good episode. Adam was brilliant and I though the end when they all went to Mac one by one was really cute.

One thing that bothered me was that no one made any comment about the fact that all of a sudden Danny apparenly no longer wears glasses. They could easily have had a quick comment about him having laser or something to explain his sudden change of image.

i gave the ep a B-. it was pretty good, i just hate all the politics and crap like that.

i really liked how TPTB have been setting up the whole budget conflict and how it's affecting not just Mac but the entire team. poor Adam got the boot which was such a bastard move for Sinclair or whoever. i felt so bad when he starred asking Mac what he did wrong and when he was standing outside Mac's office when him and Stella were arguing. i felt bad too that everyone had to cancel their vacation time, these poor guys need a break!! poor Danny looked like he was gonna fall over last night haha.

i thought the argument with Stella and Mac was interesting. for some reason i can see Stella being the one to argu to keep Adam and Mac could think of reasons why to let him go. it was interesting to see them argu, it seemed to me like it was both a professional and personal fight for both of them. they're just both thick headed in their ways and so passionate it made their tiff good.

the story with the drug dealers and the lawyers killing them was interesting. it liked how the dealers came together and i thought it was a pretty good fake out the writers did with the brothers and the lawyers. i wasn't expecting the lawyers.

Angell was pretty awesome last night as well. i always enjoy Angell when she's in an ep. i loved the part when she was with the "witness" and she goes "call be bitch one more time..." haha i was like go Angell!!

the scene with Danny and Flack on the swings was cute. i liked that whole scene how they just both played bad cop it was hot!

i got so mad when CBS totally skipped out on the previews!!! i was flipping out but i found out on tv.com there's a new ep schedualed for next week so it's all good. after all this is november sweeps.

MakeTracks - I thought the same thing. DH asked me what the preview was, b/c he thought he fell asleep! I panicked, then came on here to find that, ahhhh, yes, another new ep next week. All is well....for now!

You know, on the comment of the underwear. ( I am NOT making fun of Lindsay cause I love that character). With that said, in all actuality the relevance of clean underwear wouldn't have really mattered with this dead guy. All be it that yes there was seimen, but there should have been more. Much more, well in real life anyway. Once you are dead all your "opening"/sphincter muscles that make up parts of your gastrointestinal tract, both top and bottom relax and thus the no REAL need for clean undies. They are just gonna get soiled anyway. I have seen it too many times. NOW, on accidents......not sure. But, I just thought I would throw this out there. You know, just mindless ramblings of a woman who has too much time on her hands
Trust me, if you're involved in an accident, chances are you're going to pee your pants anyway ;-)

I'm sorry you took offense, but it truly was meant as a joke. Lindsay is just a fictional character--it would be pretty humorless to never be able to joke about the characters. I realize Lindsay is controversial around here and therefore comments about her can raise sensitivity, but at the end of the day, they're just fictional characters. I don't think Danny minds that I call him a slut, either.

Of course, given that Danny is the only guy that we know for sure Lindsay has had sex with, clearly the implication is that Danny is the source of the bad sex ;-)

I dont really comment after eps now but I thought I would this time as I loved it!

I think that the eps are improving each week and I love this new twist with Adam- I especially loved the part where he was in Macs office and babbling on about he can stop dancing if thats what the problem is. I agree that that scene with Mac and Stella arguing was just great.....i love their little fights :lol: But i wish Adam had heard Mac praising him :(.....Thn again I loved Adams comment which was something like, 'honestly boss, no machine could have done this' :D

I loved the ending scene, I think its one of the best team moments we've had for the past few seasons and it was even better that they were doing for one of their own....I loved Hawkes' comment- 'Turns out fransancisco is closed in January' :lol:

Did I mention that I loved AJ and how he played Adam...once again :D

Totally loved this ep :)

Definately didn't see the lawyer thing coming, but I'm extremely happy about that. If it had been the brothers, I don't think it would have packed as much of a punch--of course they had done it, they are her family, and they love and want to protect her. The fact that it was the lawyers was a great twist, since lawyers are most often seen as not the most sympathetic characters.

I did wonder though how the one lawyer knew his guy was having sex in a parked car on some random street :rolleyes:

The character moments were at their best last night, also...especially the Scooby Doo comments :lol: I woke up my roommate from laughing so hard while I was watching that...and Mac was totally deadpanned the entire time lol

The conversation between Mac, Danny, and Flack about what they would do if it was their sister who had been attacked felt like a real moment with all three of them. They are cops and detectives, so one would think they would go the route of "murder is always wrong", but i was glad TPTB went the direction they did with their feelings about the case-all three admitted that they would have no problem killing those that harmed someone they loved. The fact that we've even met Flack's sister and then heard him say that was really nice, too--I wonder if it could foreshadow her getting into trouble in the future and Flack wrecking havoc on those who bother her:devil:

And finally....AJ Buckley was amazing. Adam's nervousness and anxiousness over this termination were so heartfelt, and as I said over in the Adam/AJ thread, I wanted to totally bypass reality and leap through the tv to give him a hug-especially in the scene where he overhears Mac and STella outside the office. And I loved that even though he wanted to keep his job, he admits to Mac while he's getting ready to process the glass bottles that the machines would be a greater help with it--to me that says he knows he can help people, but more would be helped if they had the machines. LOVE HIM!! :) His last scene lockerroom scene was equally powerful...and I can't wait to see how it plays out in the next few episodes-I'm glad it wasn't totally wrapped up last night and we get to see Adam dealing with it for the next few weeks.

Anyone know where the promo went????:confused:

I was wondering why Danny didn't have his glasses. He did have them on in the 5th episode right??

I thought for sure something was wrong with my TV when the preview didn't show. I've been having some problems with my box but I was glad to see it wasn't only me and figured someone would post the promo.

Oh yea, i almost forgot about Hawkes saying San Francisco was closed in January. :lol: I liked that.

I liked how relieved Adam was when he realized Mac hadn't been the one to fire him.

I'm sorry you took offense, but it truly was meant as a joke. Lindsay is just a fictional character--it would be pretty humorless to never be able to joke about the characters. I realize Lindsay is controversial around here and therefore comments about her can raise sensitivity, but at the end of the day, they're just fictional characters. I don't think Danny minds that I call him a slut, either.

Of course, given that Danny is the only guy that we know for sure Lindsay has had sex with, clearly the implication is that Danny is the source of the bad sex ;-)

If Danny is the only man Lindsay has had sex with she should blame the tequilla and the pool table before blaming Danny. ;)

Back