The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I/we all overreacted a bit when we saw that promo ;).

*raises hand* I plead guilty.

It's kind of weird, I didn't overreact when Warrick got shock, heck I was kind of expecting it, but I overreact to a little clip displaying season nine? Huh. Ah well. *raises can of Coke* Here's to an awesome season nine. May it have everything we want, but maybe not everyone ... seeing as how some of our favorites are leaving. >_>

Anywho--all overreacting aside, season nine will be interesting. I shall never give up the hope of having Nick and Greg have some sort of moment together, be it just friends or more. TPTB can do whatever they want, but we'd all know the truth.

Candygirl1uk- I agree with your three points. Nick and Greg are teh love! I mean, not everyone's going to see it and not everyone's gonna like it, but those who see it/like it ... well, we love it!

So a question to everyone ... since Nick and Greg are probably together by this point (if they aren't, they should be!), then where would they go on vacation? Any ideas?

EDIT: Okay, so this is probably slightly awkward, but I have a question about a picture that some people may have seen. It was during season one where CatNip was supposed to go canon (the makeout from hell) and a picture was put up on the internet. Has anyone seen it before?

Last edited:
Alright now. The promo...yeah. I am super excited for season 9 but not at all from the promo. I holding on to my hope of a Nick/Greg comfort moment.

I also plead guilty for overreacting though.

Hmm...vacation. Hard to say really. They live in such a hot place would they really want to go somewhere hot? Maybe they take a ski trip to the Rocky Mountains or something. OMG *squee* Sorry, I live in Canada, I got excited.

Actually I can't see them anywhere near snow. Just seems kind of wrong although I read that fic once (Sno, just great, I think it was one of my first ones). OK, getting around the idea now, sitting/cuddling in front of a fireplace :eek: :devil:

I can so see them on the beach at Lake Mead, I don't know why but I really like that idea. And maybe it's because it's almost canon in fanfics but seeing them on a beach in California, Nick reading and Greg surfing ...

And of course they'd visit Nick's parents especially on holidays.

My_last_chance, I so get you, I feel almost ashamed for caring more about the Love than about Warrick. But we Love fans are just so passionate about our ship! :thumbsup:

Candygirl love your reminders!

Hmm, I haven't seen the promo, but from what I've read I guess I should go watch it before making a comment.

I don't know how people can say they'll ship Nick or Greg with Riley, when we haven't seen her yet, or if she even has any chemistry with characters. Hmm, no-one will have as much chemistry as nick and greg.

And they are the main ship now :D Not that I was a GSR fan or shipped Yobling, so they were always top (joint with Cath/Sara) in my mind. Now I guess they're single top.

OMG, your right. The Love is now the only ship that's left!

I feel so much better now! I guess it's the article about Riley that has people thinking she could be a love interest for either of them.
But of course they are only interested in each other!

I so hope for some quality moments between Nick and Greg. Doesn't have to be much, just a hand placed on an arm/shoulder (any body part :devil:) would be enough. An encouraging smile would do, too!

I'm hoping for a couple of those moments, just in the premiere. But I'm hard to please, :D Especially considering what the circumstances will be, I think it'll be really easy to get some good moments in there.

Greg and Nick won't be interested in Riley they only have eyes for each other ;)

Greg and Nick = #1 ship yay. lol.

OMG, your right. The Love is now the only ship that's left!

^^ When you say that The Love is the only ship that's left, do you mean in our minds (Lovettes'), or other people's minds? 'Cause I'm sure other people (like CatNip shippers) are still around. I know of a couple of die-hard CatNip shippers that are definitely still around and kicking.

But yeah, a lot of ships were taken off the market when GSR went canon. I'm glad The Love wasn't one of them. I don't need Nick and Greg to go canon, I'd rather they both be single forever, then. That way fanfic and subtext will always be there. xD

Didn't GE say once that he wanted Nick to have a girlfriend, or is that just speculation?

He said what?! Nah..... ?!

I guess Catnip is still a big ship. Are we lovefans one of the 2 biggest ships now?

For me, the love is the main ship. In the past, it was always Cath/Sara and Nick/Greg. But then Sara went and left, and got Grissomised. I still love that in fics though. But Nick/Greg is my only number 1 current ship.

And as much as them going canon would be cool, I guess just subtext and flirting is still great.

Did that make sense?

I meant the Love is the only one of the three major ships (GSR, YoBling, The Love) that's left, just like bubbles said earlier. Of course there are other ships but they never got as big as the Love, or at least I like to think so.

I think GE mentioned something like that at the beginning of S7. I remember we all went crazy over his statement ;). Yeah, and than came the strike and we forgot all about it until the waitress appeared. And of course Nick's so not into her. Not after that flirtatious smile of Greg and Nick's reaction :eek:

He said what?! Nah..... ?!

I guess Catnip is still a big ship. Are we lovefans one of the 2 biggest ships now?

For me, the love is the main ship. In the past, it was always Cath/Sara and Nick/Greg. But then Sara went and left, and got Grissomised. I still love that in fics though. But Nick/Greg is my only number 1 current ship.

And as much as them going canon would be cool, I guess just subtext and flirting is still great.

Did that make sense?

^^ Makes perfect sense. My ships are PureJoy (it got decimated), Yo!Bling (obliterated, but we can still get something, I'm sure Cath isn't giving up without a fight), Wedges (who knows with this one), and last but not least The Love.

And yeah, subtext and flirting is still awesome. And I honestly don't trust the writers, and I like the awesomeness that is eyesex, so ...

I meant the Love is the only one of the three major ships (GSR, YoBling, The Love) that's left, just like bubbles said earlier. Of course there are other ships but they never got as big as the Love, or at least I like to think so.

I think GE mentioned something like that at the beginning of S7. I remember we all went crazy over his statement ;). Yeah, and than came the strike and we forgot all about it until the waitress appeared. And of course Nick's so not into her. Not after that flirtatious smile of Greg and Nick's reaction :eek:

^^ Ah, okay. And yeah, S7 was a loonngg time ago. And I'd rather GE had never said it, but whatever. It's kind of ... weird, actually. If GE and ES are in on The Love, then why would he say that?
*wanders off with a confused look on face*

I just wondered that. I always kind of thought that both Eric and George were in on The Love, and really saw it, which is why we get so many looks, so much subtext. So It's quite confusing that he said that. I'm with you my_last_chance, that's quite confusing.

Maybe GE thought a gf for Nick would bring out the best of the Love, a jealous Greggo, a bit of angst leading to the realisation Nick's in Love with Greg. Mayb GE didn't see them as together at the beginning of season 7 and that would be a good way for the love to come about.

I have so many mixed feelings about the promo I'm not gonna get in to it here. My ships are YOBLING and the LOVE. As of late its been more centered around the LOVE. I used to ship GSR a little but its just gotten kinda annoying to me so yeah. Recently I've been getting into Wedges.

As for the boys on vacation, Norway. Greggo is Norwegian so he knows some of the language. Also the puffin watching is suppose to be crazy good there as well. We all know Nicky has a thing for birdwatching. I think I have read this idea on fanfiction somewhere but can not remember.

Another random question, what kinda pets do you think the boys have in their house? I could see Greggo with some really weird ones snakes and hedge hogs. Where as Nicky would be more into dogs and cats. What do you guys think?

Also thanks to everyone of the LOVE reminders. The LOVE forever baby!!

Yeah, I read a few fics where they went to Norway. And you're right with all the bird-watching possibilities ...

Now, that you mentioned birds I could see them go camping. Greg would just hate it but do it nevertheless because he loves Nick so much and sleeping under the stars can be so romantic. Nick'd get up early to watch some birds and wake Greg up with coffee. Boy, I'm in a romantic mood today.

As for pets, a dog or a cat. Probably more a dog.

Camping under the stars would be very romantic. I can see Greg wouldn't be to up for going camping to start with though.I think he'd enjoy a posh hotel for the two of them, with room service, looking out over a sunset over the sea somewhere.

I'd like to see them with a little puppy (I loved Wojo's puppy fic :D) but I don't know if they'd have time for it. It would be very cute though. A cat would be more realistic, or maybe they'd just stick to a goldfish, lol

Last edited:
One thing that bugged me about the promo was the GSR nonsense...I'll shut up now.

As for Nick and Greg being the only (big) ship left, well to tell you the truth that really don't give me much comfort, considering how TPTB are. As for Riley, she is discribed as a sarcastic girl who likes to party...one word comes to mind and it begins with the letter s.

Like I said last season, I am taking a wait and see approach again. Hoping for the
best.

Vacation - hmmmm I like the idea of camping, I think they would both enjoy that since Greg was an Eagle scout and Nick most likely grew up doing that. OF course going to CA or TX to visit family would not be out of the question either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back