The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, whenever someone mentions Nick and Greg going camping, all I can think about is Scary Movie 4. I know it's pathetic, but whatever. The scene was pretty hilarious, but I digress ...

Nick and Greg going camping would be extremely cute. I can see one of them knowing something about astronomy (probably Greg), and pointing out different constellations. Nick wouldn't understand, and Greg would try to use altitude and azimuth, but our poor Texan just wouldn't get it. Having a scene where Greg finally just takes Nick's hand and points at Orion's Belt (or maybe Ursa Minor, or who knows) makes me smile. Too cute.

I personally would absolutely just die if someone wrote a fic about Nick and Greg going to the Rocky Mountains. Maybe Banff or Jasper ... probably Jasper, I'm thinking. I don't think either of them can snowboard or ski, and I think they would try to learn how to snowboard if they were going to go to one of the mountains. That would be another cute fic, both of them going up on the slower chair lift at Marmot Basin, holding hands through their heavy mitts, their breath hanging in the air in front of them as they watch the beauty of the scenery go by.

I also agree that they would go visit their relatives at one point.

Last edited:
I just wondered that. I always kind of thought that both Eric and George were in on The Love, and really saw it, which is why we get so many looks, so much subtext. So It's quite confusing that he said that. I'm with you my_last_chance, that's quite confusing.

Maybe GE thought a gf for Nick would bring out the best of the Love, a jealous Greggo, a bit of angst leading to the realisation Nick's in Love with Greg. Mayb GE didn't see them as together at the beginning of season 7 and that would be a good way for the love to come about.

Bubbles dear!! you are totally correct in your assumptions. Eric and George created the subtexual moments, the adhock stuff.

LOL George allllllllllways says that about his character getting a *cough* interest. Maybe, who knows. I wanna see a jealous Greg, a very jealous Greg. We've kinda come close to a jealous Nick/ an emotional Nick~ remember in A la Cart, when Greg clearly lied to Nick about knowing about Sara and Griss?

Well that look said it all almost like- your my boyfriend why didnt you tell me! (Nick shugged his shoulders as Greg walked away taking pics! of the scene)

Of course, that reminds me of the time when Greg (still in lab) is waiting for the results, and (Warrick and Nick) are talking over Greg. Not to him, around and over him- almost like Greg isnt there.
Greg got mad. Greg got angry. Greg snapped and shoved his lover out of his chair.

Awww, was watching a random CSI episode Nick had let the cat out of the bag about a murder to a high school/college friend. I say friend- think that Kenny might've been an early partner/boyfriend/whatever. (That one who is in Lost!)
Anyways, when Nick hears his name being called, he kinda recognises the voice and watch him cringe. Defo a past. Any how, Cath was talking to Nick about the case, and she said that he's a good man and a good CSI that is professional etc (cant remember what she actually says), but he had tears in his eyes... Aww.

Sorry if I was ranting, the love for me, is the only remainging orignal ship, it's also the first almost cannon gay relationship in CSI. Go google it!!

As I am on a role~ I love Nick and Greg. They're just well suited. The wacky and the quiet, the hyper and slightly grumpy, the snazzy dresser and the slacks (sorry!) wearer. Two peas in a pod. How can TPTB deny us our men?

Last edited:
I wish I could finally see A La Cart! But I have the screencaps until then. I just love Nick staring disbelievingly after Greg and Greg shrugging in such a teasing way. And his smirk!! I bet they discussed that "subject" at home ;):devil:

I know which episode you mean. It was Assume Nothing (S4) and I recently watched it, too and was thinking what if that guy is one of Nick's exes? Your right the way Nicky cringes when he hears his voice. I mean they knew each other at college, playing, what, "baseball" or "football". Yeah right, I remember people who I know from sports (haha, is if I'd do any sports :guffaw:) all the time by their voices! But thinking about it, they probably weren't in a relationship 'cause Nicky had to think hard to remember him. Did I just contradict myself?? :wtf:

And pissed off Greg from High and Low (S3, you know you watch to much CSI when you know all the episodes by heart, well, those with N/G in it anyway) was great. He'd never get so touchy with Warrick or should I say "got" :(

hal08.jpg

I know which episode you mean. It was Assume Nothing (S4) and I recently watched it, too and was thinking what if that guy is one of Nick's exes? Your right the way Nicky cringes when he hears his voice. I mean they knew each other at college, playing, what, "baseball" or "football". Yeah right, I remember people who I know from sports (haha, is if I'd do any sports :guffaw:) all the time by their voices! But thinking about it, they probably weren't in a relationship 'cause Nicky had to think hard to remember him. Did I just contradict myself?? :wtf:

^^ Well maybe not a relationship but maybe "friends with benefits?" Me thinks "baseball" or "football" just a cover ups. College is the time for experimentation so maybe yeah. I know I would cringe if I heard a exes voice when I was not expecting it. So he recognizes the voice but not his name, me thinks most def friends with benefits or possible one night stand of some sort.

Wojo I agree with you on what you think of Riley. I hate to pass judgement on someone like that without seeing her in action. But the reason she is coming to the team I have issues with so guess I'm just predestined to hate her. But what even irradiates me more is talk of her hooking up with Nicky or Greggo. Blah. Yet I feel she is not a threat to the LOVE.

A La Cart is by far one of the best season eight LOVE moments. No matter how many times I watch it still makes me giggle like a school girl. love_fan the picture form High and Low you posted is so cute, no matter how many times I see it I love it. Also everyone love the idea of the boys camping and the star gazing so romantic and sweet.

I wish I could finally see A La Cart! But I have the screencaps until then. I just love Nick staring disbelievingly after Greg and Greg shrugging in such a teasing way. And his smirk!! I bet they discussed that "subject" at home ;):devil:

How on earth have you not seen A La Cart?! It's such a great epi...I feel like sending you my copy just so you've seen it *sigh* And of course they did :p

And pissed off Greg from High and Low (S3, you know you watch to much CSI when you know all the episodes by heart, well, those with N/G in it anyway) was great. He'd never get so touchy with Warrick or should I say "got" :(

hal08.jpg

Aw, don't say 'got' :( that's sad. It's true though, in fact I can't remember that he touches Warrick at all. I love this moment ^^ thanks for that! :D

Holiday destinations, hmm? For some reason I'd like to see them in New York. You know like a weekend away type deal. Greg trying to drag Nick round the sights (and maybe the shops) and Nick wanting to go for a run in Central Park or something. Oh...they could go in winter and go ice skating outdoors *sighs with happiness* It's probably because I love cities...and I think Greg would too, think Nick's more the camping type.

I'm with MsCB, it feels wrong to hate someone before you've 'met' them but I still kind of do. The thing is, when an established character gets together with a totally new character, *no one* likes it, in my opinion. Because no one cares enough about the new character yet, and the shippers obviously hate it. The Catnip people would hate it too, if they gave Nick a girlfriend. It's stupid. Not that I'm worried about her, it's just random musings on the nature/stupidity of CBS :D

In other news, NLS now has a 7th chapter. NC17 no linky :p

Nat x

Hmm ... A La Cart. All I remember is that some woman hit her head on the underside of a table, and some guy had some really touchy hands. Other than that, I don't remember anything. I'm guessing I missed out on a pretty good love episode?

Hmmmm ... Nick and Greg wandering around NY. I have no idea about NY, seeing as how I've never been there, and haven't watched any shows situated in that area. No CSI NY for me, except one episode. And I don't remember it. Oh well.

If NY is anything like some big cities around here, then I'd say that Greg would love going there to shop and look at all the tourist attractions. I know NY is famous for shopping, and maybe Greg would get Nick some new things to update his wardrobe a bit? Who knows. Or maybe Nick would need some help trying on some of the clothing choices ... :devil:

Last edited:
How on earth have you not seen A La Cart?! It's such a great epi...I feel like sending you my copy just so you've seen it *sigh* And of course they did :p

It hasn't aired here yet! Can you believe it, they haven't even shown the last two episode of S7! Idiots, all of them :scream:, so I wait for the DVDs!

Anyway, GregNickRyanFan over at the Can Cannon Slash Work Thread made a very good remark about the whole Stalker scene. How did Greg know about the Flyer anyway?? Think about it. I don't think he's the kind of guy to get the newsletter. So either Nicky told him in confidence, which implies that they were already really close, since not even Warrick knew about it or he was very interested in Nicky and found it out himself. Either way, I can't believe I never thought about it!
And if you need a reminder of that (very physical) scene:
normal_2x19_202.jpg

Nothing brotherly about that if you ask me! :devil:

And how great is it that our ship can convince all sorts of people!!! :thumbsup:

It hasn't aired here yet! Can you believe it, they haven't even shown the last two episode of S7! Idiots, all of them :scream:, so I wait for the DVDs!

I know what you mean! Two channels showed CSI. Public one didn't show all 7th season. They stopped after 10th or 11th epi. Privet showed all 7th season, but not all 8th! Last epi in Poland was Bull.

Love fan, I don't know that I can ask, lol. Are you from Germany? I know that there is still not airing new season. That's really strange 'cause always Poland was last to show new seasons of many shows - for example Stargate SG-1 or Star Trek, all series after 1990.

And if you need a reminder of that (very physical) scene:
normal_2x19_202.jpg

Nothing brotherly about that if you ask me! :devil:

And how great is it that our ship can convince all sorts of people!!! :thumbsup:

I read idea by GNRFan. It's really good point! And it's so great that non-Love shipper also can see subtext!:thumbsup:

I think that moment in a la cart was amazing. I don't remember much else about the ep, it was the go karting one wasn't it? But I agree, it's definately like 'why didn't you tell me, we share everything.' kinda shrug from Nicky. i agree it's definately something they'd have discussed later on at home. There's no way Nicky would have reacted like that if they weren't together I don't think.

And googling the Love is amazing how much comes up!

i think it's cool that non-love shippers also notice the subtext!

^^ What about You Tube or CBS.com. You could watch the episodes there right? or something you have way more patience then I do.

Sara's Girl, I could totally see the boys in NY. There is some much stuff to do there. Museums, parks, the zoo, and lots of clubs for the Night life. Bet Nicky would love to go to the zoo see all the animals. Bet he would make Greggo spend hours looking at the birds. Where as I can see Greggo really enjoying the museums, like the MOMA. Also I like to picture the boys going out dancing at night. Wonder if they argue about what kinda club to go to. Greggo more technoy dance club and Nicky maybe something country westerny. Whoa rambled a little there. Oh also read the new chapter of your fic Sara's Girl, so good. :thumbsup:

Edit: Just went and read NGRfan's posting in the canon slash thread. I love it! Its great to know that there are non shippers who see it too. Woot woot!! THE LOVE forever baby!!

Last edited:
I just went to check out the Can Canon Slash Work? thread, and I just read GNRF's idea about Greg.

HMMM. I had never thought of it like that at all. I didn't even wonder how Greg got the fliers, or how he knew about the whole thing before Warrick or Sara knew.

I really liked the idea, and it made a lot of sense. I'd just assumed that Greg had been all sneaky and found them somehow. Hmm ... but why would Greg be snooping (ever so slightly) around Nick's things? Maybe 'cause Greg's interested in Nicky? Nooo way!

I too really like how people can see the subtle interactions between Nick and Greg and see their chemistry. It's just ... wow. Wow as in if you touch your TV when a N/G scene is on, you burn your finger. That hot.

I just went to check out the Can Canon Slash Work? thread, and I just read GNRF's idea about Greg.

HMMM. I had never thought of it like that at all. I didn't even wonder how Greg got the fliers, or how he knew about the whole thing before Warrick or Sara knew.

I really liked the idea, and it made a lot of sense. I'd just assumed that Greg had been all sneaky and found them somehow. Hmm ... but why would Greg be snooping (ever so slightly) around Nick's things? Maybe 'cause Greg's interested in Nicky? Nooo way!

I too really like how people can see the subtle interactions between Nick and Greg and see their chemistry. It's just ... wow. Wow as in if you touch your TV when a N/G scene is on, you burn your finger. That hot.

LOL I liked that saying, i would use the word anyology- but its probably the wrong spellng so I wont use it lol..

See I never realised that other people could see the love-especially in slight subtexual moments, the thought of others seeing what we see does give me a small grainual amount of hope.

We just took it for granted that Greg did that becuase he was flirting with Nick, and Greg just wanted to see what buttons he could push~ so to speak lol.

And it worked! As soon as Nick realised it was Greg lol, he kinda smiles/cringes/does a cute facial expression and knows that the game is up.

Maybe some of their flirting is out doing each other sort of thing. Its almost like a school yard game that British children used to play- called kiss chase. Basically u chased someone and gave them a kiss on the cheeks.

But they are playing a game, a game of teasing and moving the stakes up higher. Then Nick came back with "Thanks Doll" :drool:, which made Greg blush.... What do y'all think Greg did next?

(the game is called ~ Game of love.... )

Deirdre, yes, I'm from Germany.

Isn't it amazing how a non-shipper bring up thoughts about Nick and Greg that us shippers never thought about!?!

Candygirl, I think you're right. Sometimes it really feels like they want to outdo each other with the flirting. Like Nick constantly touching Greg and waiting for his reaction. And Greg always getting really close.

Now, I think that Scuba Doobie Doo came before Slaves of Las Vegas, right. In SDD Greg inched closer and closer and a few episode later it was Nick who did it. Just if you've forgotten both scenes:

2x05_265.jpg

s2_17.jpg

I think in the latter one Nick "won" the game because Greg got really self-conscious! :lol:

Wow as in if you touch your TV when a N/G scene is on, you burn your finger. That hot.

Great analogy! Love it!!! :thumbsup: Have to remember that one.

Deirdre, yes, I'm from Germany.

Isn't it amazing how a non-shipper bring up thoughts about Nick and Greg that us shippers never thought about!?!

Candygirl, I think you're right. Sometimes it really feels like they want to outdo each other with the flirting. Like Nick constantly touching Greg and waiting for his reaction. And Greg always getting really close.

Now, I think that Scuba Doobie Doo came before Slaves of Las Vegas, right. In SDD Greg inched closer and closer and a few episode later it was Nick who did it. Just if you've forgotten both scenes:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/love_fan_81/CSI/Season 2/205 Scuba Doobie Doo/2x05_265.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/love_fan_81/CSI/Season 2/208 Slaves of Las Vegas/s2_17.jpg

I think in the latter one Nick "won" the game because Greg got really self-conscious! :lol:

Wow as in if you touch your TV when a N/G scene is on, you burn your finger. That hot.
Great analogy! Love it!!! :thumbsup: Have to remember that one.

Nice screencaps love_fan, thanks for the reminder!! Yeah i know what you mean- I'll beat my head against a brick wall- how can we not notice the things that non love fans do?

I'm gonna tag the love scenes now from season two. Let the Game of love begin!

Last edited by a moderator:

^^ So true I love it. No denying it everyone can see it.

Subtext subtext subtext, love it love it love it. Like I was just watching Overload a couple of subtexty moments there. First when they talk about the angora blanket. At the end of the scene Nicky says something like must be a chick thing and they both laugh. So cute so couple like. Also later in the episode Nicky gives Greggo 30 swabs to process and Greggo says something about pushing for Nicky. Hehehe made me giggle. I think it is a season two episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back