Locker Room #17: Danny/Carmine: Our Utility Guy

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

Yeah, I'm currently enjoying it from a folder on my PC.

It'd be nice, but I appreciate that everyone else is preferring the meaty convo at the moment...which is why I've not posted very much recently. *shrug*

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Isn't it interesting that Danny would relate to his mother--or a woman's point of view--when it comes to sex and not a man's? I think that suggests something interesting about him.

Yeah, I could definitely see it being a woman who abused Danny. The "Mommy" comment for a thirty-something year-old guy was off. I don't know if it would have been his mother, but it's an interesting thing to consider.

3. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

Me neither. Call me relentlessly trivial but I'm afraid I just want to look at pictures of Carmine/Danny looking cute.

4. jolein

jolein Pathologist

I know it`s wishfull thinking but maybe when Rikki comes back and there is something growing between her and Danny we some more insight in Danny`s past.
    Danny might be hestitant at first but Rikki seems like the woman who can break through just because she sees Danny as the person he really is

5. Caprian

Caprian Hit and Run

I agree! Between Rikki and Danny there's chemistry. The interactions between them are more believable and more realistic than between D/L.
    I think the character of Rikki (and Rikki as a person) make good things to Danny. Help him to open up and get over his past, his damages. Maybe she can ease his pain.

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

There are plenty of websites that have tons of pictures of Carmine--Carmine Online is one, and I think another one is called Carmine Fan. :)

I'd love to see Danny's past revealed. I think the Tanglewood stuff is just one small part of it--I have a feeling there's a lot more that went into shaping Danny's personality that was probably traumatic or at least could make for good storylines. I could see a storyline with Rikki opening that up. The problem with Lindsay is that it's been all about her, because of course the romance was designed to prop up her character and give her something to do. Whereas Rikki is a recurring character, so the focus would be on exploring Danny.

7. jolein

jolein Pathologist

I think Rikki has gone through a lot herself and can relate to Danny more then Lindsay can.
    Plus like I said before,she doesn`t want to change him but she accept his faults.
    That is another reason why this relationship would work

8. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

I don't really come here for the pictures - as K said, there are plenty of sites around just for the purpose of ogling. I come here for the lighter convo - being among like-minded folk.

I actually do like meaty convo, it's just the topic of this one in particular (and some others round these parts) that has been bothering me...

9. virginia-hell

virginia-hell Dead on Arrival

WoW! you seen the spoiler pages? Danny, Danny, Danny - it really is all about Danny :lol:. Who he's with, who he's not with, who he should be with. Why he's a brat, why he's not a brat. Why there should be less of him and why there should be so, sooo, much more...:devil: TPTB may be thinking the show is all about Mac and Stella, but really? Pffftt.. No-one else gets this much debate...Danny, you great big .... tease..:eek:

10. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I think that's because Danny is the most dynamic character on the show. He really has a lot of complex layers. Just the meaty conversation that has gone on over the last couple of pages in this thread, plus all the other convos out there in other threads show what a great character he is.

He's definitely not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but he is a really interesting character and person to look at, and I don't just mean that he's pretty.

Just pulling his layers apart and examining him psychologically, there's so much there. Talk of Battered Person Syndrom, the possibilities of a neglectful and or abusive childhood, environmental issues of his upbringing, possible sexual abuse, the list goes on and on. Definitely one of the most complex characters on TV, and maybe one of the most damaged/flawed.

11. virginia-hell

virginia-hell Dead on Arrival

heh..him and Dexter..;)

The UK loves Danny: The S4 US boxset has the same ole Mac/Stella combo, but the UK version? A big pic of Mac, a smaller couple of Stella and what's this huddled in the corner? A deeply sexy lovegod squatting over some evidence with his swab out? :drool: Oh yes, the Brits are showing their love for Danny - so Carmine, ya might as well move on over here. The BBC will have you starring in your own gritty, boundary-breaking drama set in t'North and/or a clothing-optional period romp set in Rome quicker than you can ask "where's my emmy nomination?"
    We'll give you awards and boxset covers and record deals and medals - just about anything your heart desires.. So get on over here - the weather's fantastic at the moment! :rolleyes:

12. LME

LME Police Officer

I agreed with Virgina-Hell it would be nice to see someone different on the cover of the DVD boxsets. And I have no doubt he would love it in the sunny :rolleyes: UK :lol: plus get some interesting work.:)

13. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

And I have no doubt the Beeb would love to have him, he's just the kinda character we like to get our teeth into :devil: Hopefully he'd bring the California sunshine with him. 15 degrees and 30 mph winds. Seriously? How crazy is that for July?:rolleyes:

14. LME

LME Police Officer

He is a great character actor. You can tell that he loves to do the meatier storylines.

They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul.

I hope that this season he (Danny) will not have to deal with as much pain and anguish as he has in the last few seasons (Louie, Ruben etc etc etc). He plays the pain and anguish very well but how much can one man take!

15. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

In my POV he's the one with the most problems comparing to the others in the team. Okay, the others have promblems as well; Stella with Frankie and her burned apartment, Lindsay with her past and Mac with Claire and Peyton; but Danny has always something going on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.