Locker Room #17: Danny/Carmine: Our Utility Guy

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

Hi everyone! I'm new to CSI: New York. Danny is one of my all time favorites out of everyone on the show.
    I'm really glad I found this thread. There's obviously never a dull moment in here! :)
    Did we ever find out what happened to his brother Louie? I haven't seen season 2 yet.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

The episode "Run Silent, Run Deep" features Louie--it's towards the end of season two.

I will shamelessly admit that there can never be too much Danny drama for me. If every episode focused on Danny grappling with a case, trying to mend his relationship with his brother, trying to get over Ruben's death, trying to decide whether to give it up for Flack or not ;) ...I'd be a happy camper. He's hands down my favorite character, and I think whenever Carmine does get those storylines tossed his way, he does a great job with them.

That's not to say I don't want more Hawkes, Adam, Sid, etc. but given the choice...well, I'm pretty much going to pick Danny every time, because I do enjoy the character's complexity so much.

Really, my dream show is a Danny/Flack spin-off. No, not that way. (OK, yeah, that way ;) but I'm not sure even HBO could do them justice.) I'd love to see a buddy cop show, or a cop and the CSI show I guess, with those two. I like most of the other characters (well, all save one), but the relationship and chemistry Danny and Flack have just doesn't have an equal on the show, or any of the CSI shows really. I could watch those two snark suspects all day long.

I'm drifting OT, so I'll bring it back to what I want to see in season 5: Danny, Danny and more Danny. :D

3. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

I agree with you on the Danny/ Flack thing. I'd like a storyline focusing on their friendship. I remember that scene in On the Job. I don't mean that I want to see a conflict going on between the two of them. But some more scenes with only the two of them would be great

4. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

One thing I'd like to see is a more happy Danny storyline. I don't necessarily want fluffy bunnies, because Danny's not that type of person. He's hooked on the drama.

However, I'd like to see something different. More along the lines of the hoops game in PF he attended with Flack. Perhaps a bit of the "Hoops on Saturday" would be cool. Especially if there was shirtless Danny involved.

5. VThewannabe

VThewannabe Victim

I agree,

I could watch any epo that those two are in back to back no problem :).

Love run cold had a good Danny/Flack moment when danny tricked the guy into getting his finger prints from the car..........

6. LME

LME Police Officer

They have great screen partnership. I love the one lines that they come up with. they have great comic timing.:lol:

I would also like to know what happened to Louie. But I wonder if they have left it as it is (no mention of him at all) so if they wanted they could bring him back. I think it would be great to the two of them on screen together - they never really put them in the same scene in RSRD - until the hospital that is

7. virginia-hell

virginia-hell Dead on Arrival

Awww...but i like to see conflict (hey, i'm Northern :lol:)- i get sooo bored when everyone on the team is grinning at eachother like Stepford Wives :eek:. This thread is probably not the place to mention it but a couple of the show's other characters just make my eyes glaze over cuz they are so mindnumbingly nice and dull...But yeah, Danny/Flack scenes are usually Fierce..purr..

8. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

I'd like to see them sitting in a bar drinking a beer and talking about stuff like baseball (like the two of them in the stadium). Danny could tell him all about Lindsay and Rikki and Flack would give him advice.
    I don't want to see them arguing or sth like that...

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I'm all for more man-dates. :D

But I gotta say, I do like the drama because Carmine does it so well. We're right there with Danny, feeling everything he's going through.

Maybe an episode that's a combo of drama and comedy, kind of like "Trapped"? That wasn't too heavy, but there was some great stuff there about how Danny feels about his brother. And it was a Danny-centric episode.

So we're almost to thread #18--any suggestions for titles?

10. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

A little off-topic but I just wanted to let you know that Carmine (as well as Eddie Cahill) was in Rome last night at the FictionFest. It's not exactly around my corner so I couldn't go but if I find any more info I'll definitely share it.

11. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

For the love of God, somebody tell me there are pictures of them there at the FictionFest. :drool: :lol: Awww, what a coincidence, huh? We're talking about Danny and Flack and boom, we have news of Carmine and Eddie in Rome!

12. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

According to the website AJ is ther aswell, they are all doing something on the 11th at 8:30 - no idea what as I don't speak Italian but Babble fish translator says:
    CSI: New York has like protagonist the detective Mac Taylor that, with to the colleague Star, the investigative square directs who takes care of the crimes more alarming store clerks in the Great Apple. Hosts in know it: CARMINE GIOVINAZZO, EDDIE CAHILL, TO. J. BUCKLEY

13. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

I'm trying to find a link or something but if any of you is smarter than me and gets her hands on an article or a website in Italian let me know and I'll gladly translate. :)

14. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Try www.romafictionfest.it

There doesn't seem to be any articles on it, just says they are doing whatever on Friday, but there may be an article on Friday or something.

15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

hmmm...let's see....
    Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: No More Props! :p *couldn't resist*
    Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: Boom! *have we used BOOM before?*
    Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: The Go-To F**k Up! Best Thing That Ever Happened *from his latest interview..oh man, my headache is turning me insane*
    Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: Insane Asylum - It Could Happen

Not the best but I was bored.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.