How many non-US peeps here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^So Peyton's accent is considered posh? But the name Peyton isn't. Right got it :lol:

Antonia or Charlotte seems so snobby for some reason (maybe because all the Charlottes I know are :eek: ) I cannot imagine Peyton being called Charlotte. It just sounds weird to me...*shrug*

^So Peyton's accent is considered posh? But the name Peyton isn't. Right got it :lol:

To me it is. I know hardly any people with accents like that and I'm supposedly from a quite posh county. Though I've been told I sound like a commoner and need to learn the "queens english" according to my dad. :lol:
My friend has how I call it a Farmers accent.. now that would be hilarious in NY but somehow i don't think it would work.

I suppose though with Peytons background her being posh worked as with the job she has and obviously done it at the best places she had to probably come from a pretty well off family.

^I've been told that I speak the Queens english a couple of times. :p

But I've heard Jamie Oliver speak and that is definately not it. hehe.

Problem solved...Copy from Word into note pad and then copy and paste here :D
Well I could've told you that. :p

^^^ All my family on my dads side are all farmers (big family) he's the only one who isn't but I still come from a family of farmers. Every so often I speak with a 'farmers twang' and my best friend is too quick to point it out and laugh!!

My friend has how I call it a Farmers accent.. now that would be hilarious in NY but somehow i don't think it would work

I agree it wouldn't work but it would be funny! It'd be like the scen in Hot Fuzz where their are like four people 'translating' :guffaw:

Tho you normally have to translate what me and my friends say. Tho my friend in Texas says that i have random english words i use in emails like the way i say things she find english... amuses me.I don't think i have an accent my mate says i do when i'm with them but where i am there is no like definate twang.

It just wouldnt work in NY, you could get away with a Manchester/Liverpool accent possibly one of the big cities to me London doesn't have an accent. Cockney isn't all that big.

Be proud you can talk the queens english... only time i've even probably sounded it is at work on the drive thru speaker post.

Be proud you can talk the queens english... only time i've even probably sounded it is at work on the drive thru speaker post
We're in the diplomatic service; mom taught us how to speak and behave or no chocolate cake. Who denies chocolate cake?? :p

If you pretend the people you're talking to are speaker posts, maybe you can hone your Queen's English skills. :lol:

Is anyone else having too much fun picturing Danny and the rest of the team trying to immitate the accent? Somehow I think Lindsay might have a shot at doing it *shrugs*

I think Sid could do it.... looks the part already. Lindsay could possibly and so could Adam as he is part Irish why i think that might help i have no idea.

I could never deny chocoate cake... dad just moans about me saying Warter and Buter... apparently i need to say Water and Butter... I can't help it.

Hey there Dannyfan :D

I reckon Flack would be OK at the accents. I can imagine that at school he used to imitate peoples voices/accents for the fun of his friends :lol:

^Haha, imagining that is too hilarious. There was this one time I was talking to my friend, and he was a Brit and I think we spent more time trying to understand each other's english (he had a heavy heavy accent and I had an asian/english accent) than actually doing anything else.

There was also this other friend of mine who kept getting laughed at because he kept saying soccer instead of football. That and the way he said it too. It sounded more like sock her. :lol:

I can't stop the image of little flack running around with his friends in school! Must've been big trouble makers :p

^BAHAHAHAHA. Now that is just an interesting sight to behold. I'd like to see Lindsay and her hovercrap. :D

Don't you think it would be cool to get more cases with international ties? It doesn't have to be majorly out there but something that deals with different countries (come on, NYC holds UNGA how can that not play a big role?)

Ok how about some sort of international meeting or even better a convention (but something quite funny) and there are people from all over the world. And Danny/Flack struggle to understand the accents :lol: never mind different languages!!

I wanna see Flack lose his cool amidst a crowd of belly dancers! And losing his cool doesn't mean getting angry either ;)

I want to see the man drool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back