It's that time again--Holiday Card Swap!

I spent $19.50 so far, but that included a book of stamps that I haven't used up yet. That was for 19 cards, and I've got more than that many left, so my postage will be pretty crazy (I've got the ones from here, a few from LJ and a couple extra addresses I'm sending to).

In happier news, I got my card from Elsie yesterday! :D *smooches dahling* It even had shiny confetti in it. O.O

I spent £23.57 (or something) when I went to the post office to send mind!! So yes Britain is expenive but when I put all the stamps on my cards which the man gave me (he actual looked strangly Adam which I found quite funny!) I ended up with 5 extras :eek: Don't know where they come from! But don't worry I didn't miss any of you out! :lol: I just have just got some free useless over-seas stamps :lol:

i guess postage in Canada is expensive as well, my total came to $50 canadian dollars! Its ok, this is the first time in like 5 years i actually have some money to spend :lol:

And every year we have a crisis of how to fit all of our christmas cards in the house. We have a small family room, and not much space. I have just exponentially added to the problem :lol:

I think I'm going to "allow" the same "benefactor" who paid for my LA plane tickets to pay for my postage... With all of the postage rate changes around here we have leftover stamps that people forget to use. Just my luck :D

So update: I am a big loser and have not done mine yet. :lol: I forgot to get them tonight and yeah. Soooo, the plan is to work on the ones I have this weekend (along with my thesis.....) and send them out on Monday. That means that I hope that I get the others done Monday and sent out before the 15th (going home for the weekend).

of course, snow and ice do not help. I had a mini crisis with my paper and that is over and I can concentrate better now.

and yeaaaaa! I have three so far and I feel loved :D Thanks!

I'm about half done. I've sent out the Canadian cards yesterday because I already had those stamps. I've received Elsie's and xfcanadian, the two that spent the most money, and so far my mom hasn't asked any questions.

In happier news, I got my card from Elsie yesterday! *smooches dahling* It even had shiny confetti in it. O.O
Yeah, I opened up Elsie's card and the glitter was spilling out. :lol: Most of the cards I sent have a bit of glitter on them too, I'm warning you guys in advance. I think the glitter on the surface on the envelope (there's quite a bit on some) will probably spread to other envelopes in the same mailbox, so it's kinda like the urban myth about the majority of US currency being contaminated with microscopic amounts of cocaine. :p: :lol:

I actually heard about that in an episode of NCIS, haha.

I am taking a snow day today, so I am here at home. What better than to write out and address the cards that I do have.... So, I will be getting a hand cramp this afternoon! :)

The fun part about this last year was that about every day or every other day I got a Christmas card in the mail. It was fun and it made the postman think I was important, espcially getting them from overseas! :lol: At least, I FELT important ;)

Ooh, I had a terrible day at work today, so what a pleasure it was to get home to 4 cards! :D Thanks Ceindreadh (happy birthday today too), nattybatty, Althea and Khanada. All the cards and little notes (and fantastic poems) are awesome! :D

^^^ Glad you got it! :D

and Happy Birthday Ceindreadh! :D

It was fun and it made the postman think I was important, espcially getting them from overseas! At least, I FELT important
>> :lol: :lol:

Why thank ya! I had a brief moment of inspiration amid the holiday chaos that is my life and decided to share with y'all first. Anyone not in the exchange has to hunt it down where it's posted elsewhere.

wow! you guys all all good sending out your cards! :) i haven't even had a chance to get my cards yet :( ... i'm shooting to get the cards arrive at your homes before christmas!

Back