Last Photographer Standing #2 - Final Results Now Up!

Re: Last Photographer Standing #2

I don't have an entry yet from 2 contestants. I wonder if they are going to send in a photo... :rolleyes:

Everyone should have had a PM from me know. 1,5 hour left til the deadline!

ETA: things have cleared up here :p Now the weather should do the same! I hate autumn/winter... Too cold! :lol:

For the sunshines theme, is it allowed to use a picture you took this summer? 'Cuz I haven't seen a lot of sun here lately...
Stupid Belgian weather...

Mine one thousand post on this forum yeah! I dedicate that to you all ;)

@Hush: And it was such nice weather yesterday! :rolleyes: Don't worry as long as you took the photograph it can be from the day you were born!

The sunshine deadline will be postponed! Be sure to read the new dealine when I post that theme!

---- VOTING TIME ----
You can decide who's the best photographer in this round! Read the rules, watch all the photos and vote!

---- RULES ----
[1] You have to vote for the users still in the LPS #2 AND all the entries!
[2] For the vote for the LPS entries you have to vote for the 3 least quality photos.
[3] You should give your first vote to whichever photo you think has the least quality, your second vote to whichever photo you think that off next etc. It is important that you do it like this. Whoever has the most points at the end of voting will be eliminated from the LPS.
[3] With each vote you have to explain your point of view.
[4] The second vote will be the best 3 photos (in you opinion) of all entrants joining that theme. So LPS entries AND other entries.
[5] You should give your first vote to whichever photo you like best, your second vote to whichever photo you like second best etc. It is important that you do it like this. Whoever has the most points at the end of voting wins, with the contestant that has the second highest number of points getting second place, etc.
[6] How a vote should look:
--------------------
LPS:
99 - Using a flash in broad daylight? It really flattens the image which gives a strange effect to the photograph.
76 - Nice idea for the theme but the image is very busy and doesn't give that nice photo feeling. Maybe better in black and white next time.
82 - Very nice of how you set up the whole "scene" but the wrong subject is sharp. Nice use of the diaphragm though!

All:
--------------------
[7] Criticizing/Bashing: I ask you to combine the basic rules with your personal opinion when giving your critics. Why the personal thing? Sometimes a photo does not have anything in it that is by the basic rules of photography and it is still more than a great photograph. That happens. Also the other way around. A photo can be perfect by the basic rules of photography but just doesn't have anything or a feeling. I'm pretty straight on about criticizing one another.. The world of photography is were people judge each other hard... But not on anything personal but on some technical skills and your insight. That means no bashing but good critics! And don't be afraid to criticize! People can use that and learn from it. And they should take critics that way too!
[8] Please look at ALL of the photographs submitted before deciding on which ones get your vote. All you have to do is click on the link to each photo. This is so everyone has a fair chance of getting a vote and therefore a banner.
[9] Don't vote for your own photo - why anyone would want to do such a silly thing is beyond me, but if you do, I will know and your photo will be disqualified from the competition.
[10] Don't tell your friends which photo is yours so that they'll vote for it - that is a sad and pathetic thing to do, not to mention unfair on all the other competitors.

---- PHOTOS ----

Last Photographer Standing 2 Contestants:

Photo #01

Photo #02

Photo #03

Photo #04

Photo #05

Photo #06

Photo #07

Photo #08

Photo #09

Photo #10

Photo #11

Photo #12

Photo #13

Photo #14

Photo #15

Photo #16

Photo #17

Photo #18

Other Contestants: (NO LPS!)

Photo #19

---- IMPORTANT ----

Please PM me if you don't see your photo!

Whew! This was tough. They're all great pics. Everyone did a good job.

My votes for LPS are:

#2 - The lights are too small in the image. This makes the darkness the subject matter more than the lights. To correct this, zoom in more on the lights and center them more in the image.

#18 - The lights are a bit fuzzy. Maybe a tripod and a slower shutter speed would correct this.

#11 - The image is too dark. A tighter focus on the lights and a wider apature would have corrected this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, for the entry vote:

Bev said:
Whew! This was tough. They're all great pics. Everyone did a good job.

My votes for LPS are:

#19 - Its a good idea, but the lights are blurred. A slower shutter speed and a tripod would solve this.

Hey Bev, I think 19 is not in the LPS contest, so "outvoting" it isn't required. You might wanna pick another instead... :)

As for my vote... First of all, there are some REALLY good shoots, I have to say. Awesome work everybody! :D

Now for the LPS:

#02: The object is kinda random and the actual lights in the back aren't in focus. It is somewhat blurred as well and the white balance is too yellowish.

#15: Big aperture, a tripod and white balance to night would have given some cool pic of a street lamp. You should give it a shot! :)

#11 - The object seems to be very nice but the shutter speed was way to short to bring the atmosphere into the pic. I guess a tripod and a longer exposure time would have given a perfect lights at night pic. Good potential though! :)

As for Best of votes:
#05 - AWESOME! Is that Sydney?

This seems to get a very well contest. I am soooo looking forward to the next rounds! :D Again, thanks BlueCurl for setting this up. And glad you 're doing better by now. :)

Thanks for catching that BonaTaylor. I thought that was an entry in the LPS challenge too.

I edited my post and its now correct.

Oh this is hard!

LPS:
10: Very blurry. This is something that happens with night photos a lot. If a tripod isn't an option, just try resting it on something.

02: Very dark. The lights are also very far away, and out of focus

15: This one is blurry, and there's a bit of a glare.

All:

wow....this is tougher than I expected. Artwork and photography is definitely in the eye of the beholder and ones interpretation is usually different from that of another. With that being said, it is difficult to choose and comment on. ok, lets see...

#10) I like the idea, but I couldn't figure out if there was some sort of subject to the pic or not. I am going to assume they're lights reflecting off a passing vehicle. If I am correct, like I said, I like the idea, but perhaps a tripod could've been used to get a clearer shot and better effect.

#2) as well, I too think the like in the background are small and out of focus...and there isn't much contrast between the light against the building and the dark...

#15) I find street lamps or lights difficult to photograph seeing most have the yellow or orange glow to them, which kinda sucks for snaps. Again, if a tripod was used, and the photo was in focus, it could have been pulled off.

Man I feel bad after that...

OVERALL

04 - I am in awe of this one....its so interesting
12 - lol, is that a toilet seat I see??

Great job EVERYONE and I mean it!

Man, this is really difficult to choose, all pictures are actually very nice. Let’s see…

LPS:

#2: I too think that the lights are too far in the background and out of focus. That makes the whole picture a little bit too dark.

#15: I really like the idea, but the picture is quite blurry and out of focus.

#18: Again I like the motive but the lights are a little bit diffuse.

All:

Again great work everybody :D

Ooh voting time. Joy! (I hate voting people out though...)

LPS:
10 - Although I like the colors, I'm not entirely sure what the image is off, and it seems a little blurry.

2. I think the lights are too far away - you really notice the night and the building more than the lights.

15. I found this image very blurry, and hard to focus on.

All:

5. I love this image. Love the lights, love the picture. Love it all.

7. This is gorgeous. Beautiful to look at and I love the colors and the effects in the sky.

13. This is so pretty! I'd love to know where this was taken!

I am do not know much about photography terminology, but I am giving this a shot.

LPS:
10. It is blurry and you cannot tell what the photo is actually of. If it had a clearer focus it would have worked.

2. The lights are in the background and small and you cannot really tell what the subject is.

15. The subject is blurry and the glare and coloring is not quite right.

All:

Yeah I really like the end result of all the photos too. Really, I do!

@BonaTaylor: Tnx fr helping me ;) And uh your welcome! Yes I am doing much better
@DJRidout: Keep the swearing out of critics please!

Well done everyone!

2 - The lights were too far away and in the distance. This made them seem insignificant. They are also out of focus, which detracts from them a little.

15 - It was a good idea, and I liked the glare of the street light, but the other buildings and trees were blurry, which made the whole thing difficult to look at.

10 - I could see the effect you were trying to get, but the photo doesn't have any subject.

All:
16 ~ I love the reflection on the water.
4 ~ Such a cool picture.
9 ~ The bus (I think) going past makes it very interesting.

opps...sorry Bluecurl....I didn't realize I said anything. I edited the post...I am assuming what was edited was what you were talking about...

Well I found this challenge hard and voting even harder but here goes:

13- Love the photo, but don't think that it fit the theme as it was not dark cause you can see everything.

15- Need a tripod. Just too blurry.

10- No image and just a blur of light. Although it kinda looks like a painting.

All:

Back