Danny/Lindsay #19: Clothes Aren't Necessary Or Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day!" :D *Mo grins and giggles her way into the thread, quite pleased this morning with life in general and our couple in particular!*

Happy Thursday to all y'all lovely people! :D

Angel since Catey warned us of the same thing, that she wasn't sure how Danny meant his comment I made sure to really watch him and here's how I took it, and I really do think this was his point! ;) Linds was getting sweet and sentimental/emotional on him...with her so sweet "Hawkes was really lucky you were there Danny" and her loving stares at him...and I think he was a bit uncomfortable with the praise/attention, I think he was feeling a bit modest and plus I think her staring at him that way was making him want to go right over and kiss her and he couldn't ;) So I think he said that as a way to deflect the attention off of what he did, and also as a way to get her to stop staring at him like that at work where he can't just walk over and kiss her senseless like he totally wanted to! I really do not think he meant the comment in a mean way at all...it didn't come out sounding mean or even harsh in anyway to me, and his little smile and glance back at her shows he was teasing...cuz she was just standing there staring at him and not working and so he was teasing her, but again I think he was teasing her to keep from walking over and kissing her right there for looking at him that way! :D (I so wish I had screencaps of that look....it was LOVE!)

I was really pleased with the eppy last night...with D/L's interaction and the eppy as a whole, it was a good one in my opinion, lots of action, mixed with sweetness...just how I like it! :lol:

Alright I'm off to work...have a swell day y'all and I'll be back later! :D

*Mo waves, and still grinning twirls off to her fluffy bubble!* :D

Angel since Catey warned us of the same thing
^^^ i did not cave and read sweet catey's box even with her temptation of danny. :p :lol: that was hard!

but yes, Mo, you make really good points :). lindsay's smile and danny's stolen look pretty much say it all. kissing her senselessly -- you got me giggling aloud here at work, hun!

Catey and the rest txs for posting your first impressions of the ep! :D I've just watched it and I really liked it. Again there was just one case, the plot with the treasure and the shipwrecks and eventually the bomb was great, Mac still gets those calls and he's starting to lose it :eek: and there's a guy after Stella.

And then there was yet another surprise DL scene :D. And after I already read what some people here were saying I was really wondering what it would be like. But I think I can totally agree with what Mo posted ^ there. :D I've made some caps of that scene. :)

Lindsay's still shocked that she had to watch him and could not help him
He looks up to tell her it was not easy being down there either
When he walks away she tells him him Hawkes was lucky he was there
He looks back at her clearly not knowing what to say
She keeps smiling at him
He is clearly embarrased and tells her to stop goofing
She still smiles, but goes back to work
She doesn't notice that he looks at her again while smiling too

And finally they're back to business :)

Oh and how could I forget WET DANNY! :devil: Hello! :devil:

Aw...Dutch! Those pics are awesome! And I think it's great that you caught Danny with the smile after he says Lindsay has to stop goofing around....although it's a very little smile!

I wish someone would put it on at YouTube... :( I'm still waiting to see it!

But hey, I saw an other epi last night! :D And it was a new one for me, Past Imperfect. And after that came a Bones-epi, so my wednesday-night has been purrrrfect ;)

^ Yeah I know it's a small smile, but it's still a smile to me. :D He's just a little self-concious and doesn't really want to talk about what a great thing he just did for Hawkes or how scary it was. :(

But they are both acting perfectly normal, so he sure wasn't bothered by her questions and remarks.

Oh and it's up on YouTube - I think we are allowed to put those links here now so to watch Sugah's vid CLICK HERE :D

*pokes head in*

Umm....I'm getting this vibe that the writers are making Danny seem bored or uninterested in the relationship with Lindsay. I don't know - his comment last night came off as snappy, but I think it was just the current situation. Still though...I can't shake it off. It's bothering me that Lindsay is all happy and Danny just appears to be bored. However, I do believe that his comment last night was just a way of brushing aside her compliment. Some people are like that - when they receive a compliment they just shrug it off and move on. I believe that's what Danny was doing, but it came out really sharpish.

Don't get me wrong guys, but I'm just feeling something from the writers. Granted though that it is early in the season, so we'll just wait and see :)

ETA:

GET. LINDSAY. OUT. OF. THE. @!$#. LAB. NOW.

She's a freakin' CSI, not a Lab Tech. That's Adam's job.

ETA2: Okay well after thinking about it and reading other comments, I've changed my mind :p funny how that happens eh? This scene makes DL seem real - it's not always rainbows and butterflies ;)

dl_shipper34 said:
Umm....I'm getting this vibe that the writers are making Danny seem bored or uninterested in the relationship with Lindsay. I don't know - his comment last night came off as snappy, but I think it was just the current situation. Still though...I can't shake it off. It's bothering me that Lindsay is all happy and Danny just appears to be bored. However, I do believe that his comment last night was just a way of brushing aside her compliment. Some people are like that - when they receive a compliment they just shrug it off and move on. I believe that's what Danny was doing, but it came out really sharpish.

Don't get me wrong guys, but I'm just feeling something from the writers. Granted though that it is early in the season, so we'll just wait and see :)

I know what you mean, now I've seen the scene I got the same feeling.
But as AZ said (I'm putting it in a spoiler-box just to be sure), their relationship will deepen and there will be a bump in the road...So maybe this is the bump and the good stuff comes after! :D

By the way, Dutch I think it's pretty clever you got that smile :lol: It went so fast, I didn't notice it!

See you!

Thanks for those screencaps, dutch. Gotta say, I wasn't all that impressed with the episode, not just the D/L scenes. Now that I've seen those pics and watched the latest vid from Sugah, I feel better. :D

Mo, Mo, Mo, i just finished up at my lunch break and i was thinking about what you had written again. i see the pink lined cloud, my dear! let me see if i got this straight, please correct me if im wrong: danny was very receptive to lindsay’s sweet and caring words but knew that since they were in the workplace at the time, he knew that they had to keep it down/he knew that if he did anything to reciprocate lindsay’s love he would lose control (kiss her senselessly!) in the lab at work. and so, he has to tell her to stop “goofing off” cause he knows what would happen if they both gave into their desires. and she smiles knowing well too as he gives her that look at the end of the scene to make sure she knows what he means.

dutch, there you go with your caps! ;) dutch_caps... :p

i still hear ya, JenP and stuffy. but i am enjoying lindsay's smile and danny's look at her. :)

pssst. im not crazy, yes the DL scene of 4.02 is what i thought about at lunch today (literally food for thought). :lol: :lol:

dutch is rockin' it with those lovely caps :) she should be our official Cap Poster.

Dodging back to the scene for a sec - now that I've rewatched it and all, I do understand what people are saying. I believe he was not annoyed at her and that he was joking - but again it's all how we as individuals interpret experiences (sorry, reverted into ECE mode there). Some people say he was annoyed, others say he was joking. It's all what floats your boat :)

If he was serious, I'm not concerned about it. He still loves her (yes, he does love her) and we have proof of that *cough* promo pic description *cough*.

Ridin' off into the glorious sunset :)

I concur with others here in saying that I believe that Danny was being modest with Lindsay. You don't want the one you love to know that you were in danger or that you were scared.

I believe that when he said to stop goofing off, he wanted to get her mind from the diving incident. The smile that Lindsay shared with Danny backs up what I just said.

Did anybody hope that when Danny was down in the water and he gave the "ok" sign, that he was directing it for Lindsay?

^^ :lol: , oh vex, me me me! i thought he was posing for a picture for lindsay. :p then he had to say "steve"...

okay, im back on track with the scene. muah, stuffy. and the caps helped a lot to see that last look and smile, dutch.

who else found it adorable to see danny and lindsay standing on either side of the lab table facing each other (lucky table!)? (that sounded naughty with the table comment, sorry. :devil: calling for the Gutter King, where are youuu?) we havent seen that in a while, when was the last one? and were there other techs in the room? heehee, did they hear lindsay say those sweet words to danny? ;)

Hiya, Hiya, Hiya! *Mo limps into the thread, a bit worse for wear after kicking some serious butt at her soccer game!* Okay I have like 2 seconds to post before I keel over from tiredness :rolleyes: :lol: But I just wanted to pop in and say real quick...Dutch you ROCK for posting those caps! Those are perfect, and you even got Danny's little smile at the end! And come on people if that's not a "look of Love" on Linds face...she is a smitten kitten! And I really do think Danny was just teasing her! Not to harp on you at all Stuffy honey, but to me at least it didn't come off as bored or mean or anything and I honestly don't think the writers would do that to D/L now...especially after everything A.Z. said about them "being in love" and that things with them will "deepen"...I think it was just him being modest, brushing off the praise and teasing her...plain and simple! :lol: *Mo steps off her soapbox and hugs her fluffy buddies!*

Okay I'm sleepy and bruised, so I'm off to bed...maybe Danny can come give me a quick massage before I fall asleep...mmmm...Danny boy! :devil: ;)

Have a great night y'all, and yay for Friday tomorrow!! :D

*Mo waves and shimmers off to sleep!*

Hi guys!

We're rockin's still, page #18!

dl_shipper34 said:
Dodging back to the scene for a sec - now that I've rewatched it and all, I do understand what people are saying. I believe he was not annoyed at her and that he was joking - but again it's all how we as individuals interpret experiences (sorry, reverted into ECE mode there). Some people say he was annoyed, others say he was joking. It's all what floats your boat :)

If he was serious, I'm not concerned about it. He still loves her (yes, he does love her) and we have proof of that *cough* promo pic description *cough*.
You're absolutely right. That's something that pops in my mind often too, especially when reading people's comments about Lindsay's behaviour. What we - as shippers - see as adorable, other people may be annoyed by it. For instance, Lindsay saying that she felt helpless. To us, it meant she was concerned for Danny and Hawkes, other people see it as a way Lindsay saying 'it's all about me'.

Luckily I never had such problems :rolleyes: :p

BTW: did you guys notice that comments about Anna/Lindsay aren't as bad as they used to be? True, you still have people that don't like her, but I noticed that the character isn't annoying as many people as she used to.

Does anyone have an update for me for ep 4*03? We've had so many spoilers I can't remember what it was about :lol:

See you soon!
JenP

Not to harp on you at all Stuffy honey, but to me at least it didn't come off as bored or mean or anything and I honestly don't think the writers would do that to D/L now...especially after everything A.Z. said about them "being in love" and that things with them will "deepen"...I think it was just him being modest, brushing off the praise and teasing her...plain and simple!

Miss Mo m'dear, don't ye fret now ;) I've rewatched the scene and all that jazz, so I feel much better about it now. I talked to a fellow shipper and she made some fantastic points. I guess I was so caught up in the moment :lol:.

Besides...*whistles nonchalantly*...we all know she got to "goof off" later :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back