Season 8: "Dead Doll" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: "Dead Doll" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Sphinx said:
Grizzom said:
There is virtually zero chance that Sara will die. I am wondering if they will go for something gritty like her losing an arm or a leg. That would at least be interesting and unexpected, and we might all learn something from it.

Maybe instead of being physically maimed she will have to deal with emotional scars from the experience. She could have to take time off. She might work for awhile than decide she can't do it anymore. I just hope they don't have her go back to normal , because she wouldn't be the same person after an experience like that.

I agree that Jorja as an actress is up to a serious post-traumatic stress disorder story line, but I am not sure that the writers/producers are. As long as they bump us past the coy phase of GSR, I can probably handle it. If they're still schmooping at each other, I will gag.

Edited to add: we need a countdown! The one at CBS CSI doesn't thrill me. Can we have a countdown event of some kind? Have you guys ever done one on this board?

Also, last I heard, Canada would see it one hour before the eastern US because it was bumped due to low ratings or whatever. Is somebody from Canada going to fill us in?

Grizzom, I suspect that the temporary CSI coming in for 4 or 5 episodes might be to cover Sara's "recovery" time, potentially with Sara hanging by a thread in a hospital somewhere or away somewhere for a while. I think that the potential is that we may not see Sara back as a working CSI for a while. Maybe she can do lab work for a while?

Grizzom said:
There is virtually zero chance that Sara will die. I am wondering if they will go for something gritty like her losing an arm or a leg. That would at least be interesting and unexpected, and we might all learn something from it.

Nah, that's too "ER" with the amputated limbs. The CSI LV writers wouldn't copy off of an NBC drama. Besides, that would be too much of a bad thing for CSI fans to see Sara with a prosthetic limb. It won't happen.

Which brings up the question: if she's not maimed or dead, why do we need Kleenex (as advised by show producer)? Do they expect us to weep tears of joy as she is airlifted from her puddle or arroyo or gully or coyote den or Mulder-like out of body experience?

Raw_alex, I am all for new blood, but as an infusion, not as a lame and temporary distraction. I have already seen spoilers that say "Ronnie" will last past her original stated span, so who knows. If they think that bringing in an irritating youngster will make us thrilled when Sara comes back with her quizzical drawl, I hope they "have another think."

ETA: Would be amusing if they are writing this week by week. I know that I saw that Ronnie was supposed to last 4 weeks, and is already spotted into another week past that.

Toots said:

Nah, that's too "ER" with the amputated limbs. The CSI LV writers wouldn't copy off of an NBC drama. Besides, that would be too much of a bad thing for CSI fans to see Sara with a prosthetic limb. It won't happen.

Doc Robbins has sewn up that angle already.
LaSquisita

^CTV will be airing CSI an hour earlier this year. Make sure to check your local listings/programming for the exact time and channel though.

LaSquisita said:
Toots said:

Doc Robbins has sewn up that angle already.
LaSquisita

LOL, you can believe I already thought of certain bedside scenes. I am sure they will not go there, but come on, it would be interesting!

As I listen to thunder and see flashes of lightening-I can't help but shiver! I hope you back easters will take pity and post ASAP as soon as you see what happens on Thurs! It's too weird to read posts about the rain and Sara trapped then hear the storm hitting us here in So Cal!

I'm wondering if perhaps the doll represents Natalie and not Sara at all. Perhaps Natalie dies in the opener for season 8. It is possible. The doll could represent the fact that though she's a living person she pretty much exists lacking the element of humanity. She's a shell of a person... a ficticious representation of a human being. She's a Living Doll. Should she die or perhaps becaome incompasitated or incarserated she won't be living much of a life anyomre. Perhaps this is where the idea of the doll dying comes in. Natalie would become a dead doll.

Maybe it spans back to the ventriloquist dummy that replaced both her and her dead sister in her father's heart. Maybe her fahter realizes that his lack of affection or caring for his only remaining child helped her to become what she did. He could relinquish his Chloe doll, thus bringing an end to its "life."

I think that the doll represents several things including Natalie's humanity and I don't think it's black and white a representation of Sara's current health status. I also think that the episodes don't refere fully to the small doll found in the miniature... though I'm sure that's meant to be encompassed in the scope of those two particular episode titles.

Sorry if you don't understand or agree with my blather.

Don't worry everyone! I'll come on and post here the minute it's over. I'm soo excited for this Thursday!!!!

Also, can anyone say where they found the info that Ronnie may be staying for more than her planned 4 episode plot line?

lostladyknight said:
I'm wondering if perhaps the doll represents Natalie and not Sara at all. Perhaps Natalie dies in the opener for season 8. It is possible. The doll could represent the fact that though she's a living person she pretty much exists lacking the element of humanity. She's a shell of a person... a ficticious representation of a human being. She's a Living Doll. Should she die or perhaps becaome incompasitated or incarserated she won't be living much of a life anyomre. Perhaps this is where the idea of the doll dying comes in. Natalie would become a dead doll.

Maybe it spans back to the ventriloquist dummy that replaced both her and her dead sister in her father's heart. Maybe her fahter realizes that his lack of affection or caring for his only remaining child helped her to become what she did. He could relinquish his Chloe doll, thus bringing an end to its "life."

I think that the doll represents several things including Natalie's humanity and I don't think it's black and white a representation of Sara's current health status. I also think that the episodes don't refere fully to the small doll found in the miniature... though I'm sure that's meant to be encompassed in the scope of those two particular episode titles.

Sorry if you don't understand or agree with my blather.

Those are really good ideas. It could possibly represent Natalie, that would make sense.

Another thing I just realized is that Sara's arm is obviously broken [from the car] so that's at least 4-6 weeks of not doing her normal job. She could work in the lab or do paperwork or something. Of course this is all assuming she lives...

^ I think it's much more likely to simply represent the fact that the doll 'dies'. Literally, Grissom pours water on it and it stops moving. I really wouldn't read anything more into it than that. In the last episode the doll was 'alive', now in this episode it is 'dead'. ;)

As for needing 'kleenex', I cry at anything, so trust me no one needs to die for some of us to be in tears during the episode. I still cry everytime I watch Grave Danger, and I know Nick doesn't die...I also cry at the end of 'A Bullet Runs through it Pt 2' when the widow hugs Brass. :(

GSRLUVER, I have responded in the general season 8 spoiler thread about Ronnie, as she doesn't appear until the third episode anyway. ;)

Thanks Elsie! :)

I'm also one of those people who cries at the drop of a hat, so when Grissom is upset about not finding Sara under the car, I will most likely cry.

Back