Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 1

DJRideout said:
Like Wojo, I never thought of the listing of the characters in the opening sequence reflected their status on the show, but just an introduction to who was who. If there was anything to that, it would be the first introduced and the last, but that isn't always the case. *solely my personal opinion on that last comment *
Actually, it does, kind of. Usually they put the leads at the first places (in CSI's case, Billy and Marg), the most important after the leads at last (Paul), the rest is up to the actors' contracts. A good manager can get what's best for their client during a contract negotiation, that includes a pay raise, more screentime, and even a better place in the credits. If TPTB really want the actor in their show, they accept the conditions so to me, where an actor is listed in the opening credits does, in a way, reflect their status in the show.

We haven't seen the opening credits for season 8 yet, so I'm not sure about the change of Gary's place, but if it is true, I think the paparazzi deal may have its influence. Naturally, I'm for the idea that paparazzi shouldn't disturb celebs' life and invade their privacy, but then again, a scandal is a scandal.

I dont care at all who`s first and who`s last. ;) I nearly NEVER watch the scenes were their names come, only the beginning and the show itself. and I dont think anyone who likes the show cares about it, so I personally don`t see why the line of order should matter! I don`t mean to argue with anyone, it is just my opinoion.
hehe.. I just GO WITH THE SHOW. :lol: get it?
:lol:

I remember reading in TVGuide when ER was going through a lot of changes that the major spots in the cast list are the first two and the one listed after and at the end.

Bev, TVGuide is correct. I have a couple of good friends who are actors (one is also a director) and I asked them this question a while back. They both said the last spot in the credits is almost as important as the first.

beaujolais said:
I remember reading in TVGuide when ER was going through a lot of changes that the major spots in the cast list are the first two and the one listed after and at the end.

Bev, TVGuide is correct. I have a couple of good friends who are actors (one is also a director) and I asked them this question a while back. They both said the last spot in the credits is almost as important as the first.

That's so weird. Seriously, I barely even watch the credits anymore! Why does it matter who's got the best spot?!

Actors are weird. :confused:

Let me give an example as to why it matters:

Lets say your starting a new show. You've got an group cast (like CSI) does. Lets say you've got 3 well known actors and 3 not so well known.

You want to draw people's attention to the show, so you put 2 of the well knowns at the beginning. Then you put the lesser known's, then you say "and the last of the well known's".

It all boils down to two things:

1) Drawing and maintaining the viewrs attention by having well known actors names first and last in the line up.

2) Its also a perk for an actor. Being first or last is going to get you remembered by fans.

and yes, some people do watch the credits.

When Jorja Fox first appeared in season 1, ep 2, she was listed right after Billy and Marg in the cast list. But they changed it. I always presumed they changed it and went alphabetically with the next 3 CSI's after the two leads. So I think since then it's been Gary Dourdan, George Eads and Jorja Fox hasn't it? Then the rest of the cast that's appeared over the years on the opening credits. And then 'and Paul Guilfoyle'.

I've always considered the 'and' star (that's not the technical term ;) ), to be an important actor in the show along with the leads. They are drawing your attention the the name, therefore - big thing!

GSRLUVER said:
I also wonder if the woman playing Vivian Lee will get added to the regular cast list? If so, the cast list is getting pretty long.

Sorry, I tend to get a bit confused when I try and read through spoiler threads, what with there being so many speculative posts, so I have a question... :)

I haven't seen that many episodic spoilers at all so far for CSI. And if I'm correct it was one of the producers who said they were looking for a new female character (Vivian Lee), but other than her appearing in spoilers for episode 3 is there anything else that I've missed that suggests Vivian Lee is any more than an occassional recurring character? :confused:

I think that is the problem we are all running into. We got all sorts of info, rather quickly on the first three episodes and then...nothing. We have no idea what the plan is for Vivian, and we are talking ourselves in circles trying to figure it all out.

I don't know if the writers have taken a little vacation or if they have serious writers block but I wish they would get back to it. I am dying for new spoilers.

Elsie said:

I haven't seen that many episodic spoilers at all so far for CSI. And if I'm correct it was one of the producers who said they were looking for a new female character (Vivian Lee), but other than her appearing in spoilers for episode 3 is there anything else that I've missed that suggests Vivian Lee is any more than an occassional recurring character? :confused:

Nothing so far, we haven't gotten any spoilers after ep 803. So who really knows if she'll be around more than one episode. I kinda hope she doesn't stick around, the cast is already a bit stretched for screentime as it is. Why mess with a good thing?

byw- Elsie I adore your avi! So cute.

I went to the cbs.com for CSI and I looked at the fall preview for CSI and went to see CSI Cast list. I see the whole cast, but I didn't see Louise Lombard on it, unless you went other board that I didn't kow.

Here is the cast list:

1. Billy Petersen
2. Marg H.
3. George Eads, (Use to be Gary after Marg.)
4. Jorja Fox
5. Gary Dourdan
6. Paul G.
7. Robert Halls
8. Eric Eszmanda

No Louise and Wallace.

Okay cast list changes not really sure that it has alot to do with spoilers unless a regular is no longer on it (ie sara/Jorja, etc). Now this is just my opinion on that part but I digress.

Wallace was never in the opening credits, but was credits as Guest star status. What I think is confusing some is the EP Cast lists when we put up for discussions of a said ep. the names appeared like this... "Living Doll" Ep #724

Gil Grissom: William Petersen
Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
Warrick Brown: Gary Dourdan
Nick Stokes: George Eads
Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
Sara Sidle: Jorja Fox
Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
Sofia Curtis: Louise Lombard
Hodges: Wallace Langham

Also how they appear on screen can be a reflection of contract, of the folks behind the scene just wanting to change it up a bit, as grissom once said "So many reasons". :lol: probably just trying to see who is paying attention. :p

I misunderstood...when you said credits, I thought that you were reffering to the cast list that Destiny stated above, not to the song. I was worried that Wallace was no longer on that list as he has been since 7x01

It doesn't really matter who comes first or last on any list. As long as each of the characters get quality screen time, I'm happy.

I have a theory on why we haven't gotten spoilers past #803: TPTB could hand out semi-detailed spoilers for #s 802 and 803 without revealing Sara's fate (yes, I know Sara's supposedly in one scene or is mentioned in both 802 & 803; however, until the premiere airs, I'm considering those to be foilers). There may be a spoiler blackout for post-803 episodes because Sara's fate would have to be revealed as part of the episode description.

Anything is possible, nothing is written in stone. IMO TPTB has been screwing with us all along. Wait and see is all we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back