CSI:Miami - "Road Trip *puts on shades* Number Nine."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geni, where to begin? Like missy I pretty much started reading from thread one ...(after several pokes to the ribs and annouying conversations) I just had to read this and it turned out to be one of the best things i ever read. It took me away from the RL when I was down and didn't want to go on, it made a tough day at work so much rewarding to come home and read something so wonderful and so full of creativity! If ever there be a song I wanted to dedicate to a person, I would dedicate it and that song would be graduation by Vitamin C, the main line being : As we go on, we remember, all the times we, had together, and as our lives change, come whatever, we will still be friends forever. I think that will go for all of us, everytime (gets all choked up) I hear that song or it runs through my head, I will remember this RT. I wish you the best of luck as you move forward on you endevour into a more fufilling life, may you have luck in your times of need and study at colledge, and remember that, no matter what happens, when you need a person to talk to, we will all be there for you, no matter where in the world we are. And when I can finally drive, I will come up there to see you, finally meet you face to face. You gave us such great times and for that i want to thank you.

Okay now for something a little less serious.

I can't believe that for once, Speed, is actually dead, its like a dream, a really bad nightmare just like when steve irwin died. And don't worry Geni, your version of speeds death will be way better then lost son, at least you'll try to add some humor to lighten the mood. Instead of me (and everyone else) crying rivers that flow rate out our doors and to the great rivers of the cities we live in.

ME HIDING UNDER A CARPET..... I think I tried that one once, pretty sure I got stepped on too...

Also geni, could you be so kind if you could, if all the threads are still saved to your puter, could you send them to me so I can print them and put them in a binder to read forever and ever .... oh hell maybe i will just highlight everything and paste it cause peoples comments are so awsome too.

I am so glad I had a chance to get on here seeing as both computers had viruses on them from a person who use to live here, but they have stopped having nervour break downs and are now working again.

I can't wait to see what will happen in the last length of the thread, and for a wonderful finale that I know will beat the $#!% out of any season finale I have seen so far.

Best wishs for you as you move forward, can't wait to read the next update!

This is more than just a season finale, it's the major series finale that will leave us laughing, crying and begging for more, with the utter knowledge that none will come. We'll miss it for ever and ever and ever, but we'll definately have to print it out to keep and read. Maybe I'll even use parts of it in a script next year for Drama! :D That'd be a hoot.
Jc, under capret=brilliant beyond brilliant!

*sigh* Sorry for the lateness again. Ugherpoohs.

Jaci, I'll be happy to send you every single page of the RT. :devil:

And thanks again for the kind words everyone, they mean a lot to me. But this thing is far from over, so save the goodbyes. :p

Miami Lab, 3am

Josh: *opens GCMS*

Missy: *walks in* Hey the Hummerhome gang left without me. I mean geez, first Horatio leaves a message on my phone...Which by the way had Eric farting in the background, and says that I should come on an adventure. Then I get here and the driveway is empty, there's a busted garbage can out front and security wouldn't let me in the b-...Whew you look mighty fine. Have we met?

Josh: *frowns* You know me.

Missy: OH YEAH! Wow man I haven't seen you in eons.

Josh: Yeah.

Missy: You aren't going to say welcome back?

Josh: *blinks* Sorry I've just been working a lot for the past couple of days.

Missy: It's okay. Like water in a duck.

Josh: ..It's..Water off a duck.

Missy: Tomato, tomaaaato.

Josh: *nods* Anyway, welcome back.

Missy: So where's H-man?

Josh: He went to prison.

Missy: WHAT?

Josh: To visit Katie.

Missy: What's Katie doing in prison?

Josh: Serving time.

Missy: Oh...At 3 am?

Josh: They don't just unlock the doors when everyone else goes to sleep. She's not Paris Hilton.

Missy: HA! If I read the newspapers instead of wiping my butt with 'em, I'd understand that.

Josh: You wipe your butt with newspapers?

Missy: Hey I'd rather get the funnies stuck up my rump instead of pieces of chipped wood.

Cait: *runs in* DAD! ETHAN'S KICKING ME!

Josh: *sigh*

Missy: Who's Ethan? Who's the broad?

Cait: Excuse me?

Josh: *rubs eyes* Miss, this is Cait. She's my daughter and you already knew who she was.

Missy: Well I forget. Excuse me for living the past foreverness in oblivion.

Josh: Is Ethan still in the lounge?

Cait: Yup.

Josh: *leaves*

Lounge

Cait: *walks over*

Missy: No fair. You're like 12 and you're prettier than I am.

Cait: I'm nine.

Missy: Fine, lie about your age. That's fine with me.

Ethan: *ripping curtains*

Josh: Ethan, step away from the curtains.

Ethan: Mommy lets me.

Josh: Yeah right. Mommy doesn't even let me drive the Porsche without bubble-wrapping it.

Ethan: *lifts brow*

Josh: Get over here.

Ethan: No.

Josh: Now.

Ethan: NO.

Josh: *frowns*

Cait: Ethan, just listen. It's not that hard.

Ethan: *throws crayon*

Cait: OW!

Josh: Ethan, put down the crayons. Cait, don't say another word to your brother.

Cait: WHAT DID I DO! THIS WAS HIS FAULT!

Ethan: JERK!

Cait: IDIOT!

Ethan: FATTY!

Cait: I'M NOT FAT, DINGUS!

Ethan: SHE CALLED ME A DINGO!

Josh: ENOUGH! Cait, sit.

Cait: *sits*

Josh: Ethan, get over here.

Ethan: *crosses arms*

Josh: Right now.

Ethan: No.

Josh: *glares*

Missy: You're not going to tell ME to sit, right?

Josh: *rolls eyes*

Missy: Just makin' sure.

Prison

Katie: *sits at table* I take it this was important.

Horatio: How could you guess?

Katie: It's 3 in the morning.

Horatio: Well this couldn't wait.

Katie: So what is it?

Horatio: Speed's dead.

Katie: *stares at Horatio*

Horatio: We haven't determined the cause of death but it looks suspicious.

Katie: ...Suspicious how?

Horatio: He was found in the Everglades, no blood at the scene, his bike and cellphone were there.

Katie: *looks at table*

Horatio: *sits down* I know this must be hard...But you needed to know. We're doing everything we can to find out what ha-

Katie: I know what happened.

Horatio: *lifts brows*

Katie: He called.

Horatio: When?

Katie: Two days ago. There were birds in the background and wind so I assume he was in the Glades when he called.

Horatio: Why would he call you?

Katie: I don't know. I figured he'd call Anni or...You.

Horatio: What did you two talk about?

Katie: Everything.

Horatio: How did he sound?

Katie: *smirks* ...Pretty much the same as he always did.

Horatio: So you're saying he commited suicide.

Katie: No. He's not a coward.

Horatio: Tell me what happened.

Katie: He said he hadn't been feeling very well for the past couple of weeks. He went to the doctor, found out his heart was giving out.

Horatio: So he just...Laid down and died.

Katie: He had maybe five, ten years left. He didn't want to put Anni through that. Look, he had this problem before.

Horatio: How did he do it?

Katie: I don't know. But...The calls here are recorded. If you want to find out more, you can check with the staff.

Horatio: I'll do that, thank you. *stands, leaves*

Katie: *sigh*

Miami Lab, AV room

Horatio: *crosses arms*

Josh: *typing* Pretty generous of the prison to just hand over the tapes.

Horatio: They owe me a few favors.

Josh: *nods*

Horatio: You going to be able to get through this?

Josh: Why? You think I won't?

Horatio: You've just been...Less like yourself lately.

Josh: Are we ready to hear this thing or not?

Horatio: Sure.

Josh: *clicks mouse*

Tape begins:

Katie: Hey, I didn't think you'd ever speak to me ever again.

Speed: ...

Katie: Okay telephones involve talking because I can't exactly see your faces...Which would be weird if you were making any.

Speed: You know that thing we talked about a long time ago?

Katie: Yeah.

Speed: Well it came back and bit me in the ass.

Katie: ...How much time do you have?

Speed: A few years. If I'm lucky.

Katie: Have you told Anni?

Speed: No. The truth is...No one really needs to know. Sometimes it gets tiring always being the one to let everyone down.

Katie: So what are you going to do?

Speed: Let her know that I'm sorry. And when Jake gets older....Tell him the truth. Tell him I was just a man.

Katie: That would be lying.

Speed: *laughs*

Katie: ...

Speed: Katie.

Katie: Yeah.

Speed: Without you, my word would have crashed and burned a long time ago. Plus it was nice to find a woman who could kick my ass every once in a while.

Katie: *laughs*

Speed: I'm sorry.

*click

Horatio: *stares at screen*

Josh: *looking at keyboard*

Horatio: Okay turn that off please.

Josh: *types*

Horatio: Well there you have it.

Josh: Case closed?

Horatio: For him it is.

Josh: *stands*

Horatio: *looks at Josh*

Josh: ...You were the closest thing to a father that he ever had. *leaves*

Horatio: *looks ahead*

TBC...............

*lays down and bawls for a few hours*

Okay give me a little while and then I'll give you a decent review, but Geni, you kick ass. That was more touching than any freaking finale, even s2 with the Seal song playing and all the poignant crap. You're awesome.

*lays back down and bawls some more*

Awwwwwwwwwww!

Ok, wow I haven't said that in the longest time and I haven't been in here in a while but I thought I would stop by and give my opinions and ...ramble apparently.

Anyways, that convo with Speed no matter how short it was was sweet. And that whole "you were the closest thing to a father he ever had" line...seriously where's the tissues.

I think I'm still a little speechless. Wow. I- only you Geni, can make me this speechless as often as you have.

As always, great update, update soon.

Aw... I think you did an awesome job with Speed's death, Geni. At least it wasn't as dastardly as his 'other death'.I would like to think that he had a little bit of peace when he died. And the final talk with Katie, that was just so great! He finally told her exactly how he felt. I thought that it was done just magnificently!

Josh and Missy and the kids... Hilarity! That Ethan is a rowdy chap though, right? I laughed at his antics, and Josh's whole demeanor about it all... Makes me miss Speed all the more!

Excellent work, Geni!

Geni ... wow that was just so heartfilled and touching, I wish that is was actually like that when he died, it would of been way better then just blowing him off. That was such a great update, missy and josh and the kids were so funny though. Wow i can't wait for more~!~

Aww Speed *sniff* Poor guy. Just...dying like that. Yikes. Well, I guess it's still better than being shot and then ignored for the rest of the series :rolleyes: Poor Anni and Jake, and Joshie and H and oh man, there are so many people to feel sorry for. So many more than if my character died (don't get any ideas ;))

Ah, the kiddies. So cute, yet so evil. Well, Ethan anyway :p You can so tell that those two are siblings. Sounds exactly like me and my brother :lol: I wonder where they get it from...

:lol: CARLY! *huggles to death* Sit your Australian tushie down and don't ever get up! :D

Thankies for the reviews everyone, they mean a lot. :) *huggles for all*

Hall

Josh: *looking at folder*

Heather: *runs over* You!

Josh: *rolls eyes*

Heather: I've been looking for you everywhere. How come you didn't keep me updated on the case?

Josh: Because you weren't working the case.

Heather: Aw come on now. I was there, wasn't I?

Josh: *stops walking* Why do I feel like every time I go to a crime scene, I pick up yet another ugly duckling?

Heather: Are you calling me ugly?

Josh: Nevermind.

Heather: So...Were those your kids?

Josh: Where?

Heather: In the lounge.

Josh: Yeah.

Heather: *nods*

Josh: What.

Heather: They look nothing like you.

Josh: *frowns*

Screaming is heard from across the lab

Heather: Your kids?

Josh: *walks away*

Lounge

Missy: AHHHHH! AHHHHHH!

Josh: *walks in*

Ethan: *crying*

Josh: What's going on?

Heather: *walks in*

Missy: AHHHHHHHHHH!

Josh: MISSY!

Cait: Ethan was climbing on the counter and he fell.

Josh: He fell? How?

Cait: Missy bet he couldn't climb all the way up.

Josh: *looks at Missy*

Missy: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ethan: *crying*

Josh: *walks over*

Cait: Did he break anything?

Josh: *kneels* Ethan, look at me.

Ethan: *bawling his eyes out*

Josh: *grabs Ethan's face*

Cait: Is he okay?

Josh: He looks okay.

Heather: What do you mean he 'looks okay'? He could have internal injuries or broken bones or a cracked skull for all you know. You're not a doctor.

Josh: *looks at Heather*

Heather: Well it's true! Someone had to say it.

Missy: I'M SORRY! *clings to Josh*

Josh: Get off of me.

Missy: Sorry. *lets go*

Josh: *picks up Ethan*

Beeper goes off

Josh: *looks down*

Heather: Want me to gra-

Josh: No.

Heather: Alright fine.

Cait: What does...*tilts head* Code 99 mean?

Josh: *gives Ethan to Cait* Take care of him and make sure he doesn't leave. I have to go.

Cait: But you just got back.

Josh: I'll be back. *leaves*

Cait: Pfft.

Heather: WHO WANTS TO WATCH TV!

Cait: Ethan threw a rock at it and broke it.

Heather: ...Wow, devil child.

Crime Scene

Josh: *walks over* You rang?

Tripp: Got a floater.

Josh: *takes off shades* Who called it in?

Tripp: Patrol officer doing his rounds. He's pukin' his guts out over by the car if you want to talk to him.

Josh: Where's Horatio?

Tripp: Down there with Alexx.

Josh: *walks away*

Guy: *runs over*

Tripp: *looks at guy*

Guy: Hey man does it like, stink down there?

Tripp: *staring at guy* You want to find out?

Guy: ....*walks away*

Tripp: *shakes head*

Down by ocean

Josh: TOD?

Alexx: *looks at Josh* In between 2:30 and 3:00 pm.

Horatio: *places hands on hips* I thought we agreed you were going to take some time off.

Josh: *looks at Horatio* I didn't agree to anything.

Horatio: Alexx, could you give us a minute?

Alexx: *looks at Horatio* Sure. *stands* I'll get the haulers down here.

Horatio: Thank you Alexx.

Alexx: *leaves*

Josh: *places hands in pockets*

Horatio: How are you holding up?

Josh: *looks ahead* I'm doing my job.

Horatio: *nods* Okay. The only reason I let you stay at work is because Carly's away and you need the money.

Josh: Gee, I thought it was because of my charm, good looks and um...You know, my ability to effectively solve crimes.

Horatio: Son, y-

Josh: Don't call me that.

Horatio: ...

Josh: I don't need your pity and I'm perfectly capable of doing my job. I'm not one of your pawns.

Horatio: You work for me, Josh.

Josh: No. I work for the victim.

Horatio: If I was in your situation and you were the boss, what would you tell me to do?

Josh: *stares at Horatio*

Horatio: Go home.

Josh: Fine. *drops kit, leaves*

Horatio: *sigh*

Josh's house

Ethan/Cait: *run in*

Josh: *looks at door*

shoes are heard

Josh: *turns around* ...Most people knock, not break in.

Lori: I heard what happened.

Josh: Get out of my house.

Lori: I called my mother.

Josh: Was it the 'get out' part you didn't understand?

Lori: Look, I know you're still mad at me. But you're kind of the only family I have left.

Josh: I'm sure you have a pimp waiting for you somewhere.

Lori: ...You used to be so nice to me.

Josh: Things change. *opens door* Out.

Lori: I don't have anywhere to go.

Josh: You always seem to have somewhere to go when it's a convenience.

Lori: I got evicted.

Josh: I'm shocked.

Cait: *runs downstairs* LORI! *runs over, hugs*

Lori: *smiles* Hi!

Cait: *hugging Lori* How come you never come to visit anymore?

Lori: I'm here now, aren't I?

Cait: YAY!

Josh: Cait, go upstairs.

Cait: But I wanna stay with Lori.

Josh: Lori's leaving.

Lori: No I'm not.

Josh: Yes you are.

Cait: Daddy, how come she can't stay?

Josh: Because I said so.

Cait: B-

Josh: Go up to your room.

Cait: But d-

Josh: NOW!

Cait: ...*runs upstairs*

Lori: What crawled up your ass?

Josh: Everywhere you go, you cause nothing but trouble. Ever since you got here. I'm tired of taking care of you.

Lori: You mean you're tired of cleaning up after Tim's mistakes.

Josh: If you want to call it that.

Lori: So just because I'm related to him, you're going to throw me out. Well you sure have issues with him. Or, had.

Josh: You're in irresponsible, immature, young woman who shoots first and asks questions later. You've had everyone else take care of you and make sure you got what you wanted because you were a victim. And you've played that card for years. It's getting a bit old and frankly a little annoying.

Lori: *nods*

Josh: You come back here with a new story every time and expect a hand-out. You're an adult. Learn to live life on your own for once. No one's going to be there to hold your hand during every little problem.

Lori: Alright. What's it going to take then?

Josh: Get your life together. Stop saying you will. Just do it.

Lori: *nods*

Josh: You have got to stop showing up here.

Lori: Right. *walks over to door* See you around. *leaves*

Cait: *sitting on stairs* Daddy?

Josh: *turns around*

Cait: Are you still mad at me?

Josh: *walks over, sits down*

Cait: *looks at Josh*

Josh: No sweetheart I'm not mad at you.

Cait: *nods*

Josh: I'm sorry for yelling.

Cait: You look like crap, daddy.

Josh: *laughs* Thanks.

Cait: *hugs Josh*

TBC............

CARLY! *huggles to death* Sit your Australian tushie down and don't ever get up!
Well, I have had many a butt reconstruction since Eric broke my butt a while back... ;)

Oooo, Lori? *narrows eyes* I still haven't forgiven her little fictional butt for trying to blow Joshie up. I mean, you try to blow someone up (ok, she didn't try to blow HIM up, but still...) and then just...I dunno where that sentence was going.

*gasp* Ethan really is a devil child. He broke the TV? :eek: No child of mine would break the TV, I love the TV *cries* Of course, I'm in a Hummerhome somewhere, and I'm fairly sure that has a TV, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to watch Black & White that time...(TEEHEE! I haven't mentioned B&W in a while, so I thought I'd throw that in there). And don't worry, I checked *looks out door* my real TV is still safe and sound...*wipes brow* Phew...

Aw, Cait is so cute! Blunt though, but still cute. Poor little thing, no kid should have to listen to their parents (or parent) yell. Though he was yelling at Lori, so I can let that slide. As you can tell, I have little sympathy for that character anymore. Josh was right here:
Josh: You're in irresponsible, immature, young woman who shoots first and asks questions later. You've had everyone else take care of you and make sure you got what you wanted because you were a victim. And you've played that card for years. It's getting a bit old and frankly a little annoying.

please update soon! *plants butt firmly on the...seat*

Oh, and I'm not going to be on much next week. Well, less than I've been on lately. Know why? You guessed it, a butt reconstruction! Though I will be able to go on each night when I get home...

Poor Josh he's trying to hide the fact that his brothers death didn't bother him, but under the tough exterior you can tell it is. No matter how much he had to clean up after him he was family, was blood related. I think that what Josh told to Lori was a good way to open her eyes, it did seem like she tried to just have a free ride all her life so far, and its time she start taking care of herself ....
Hope the gang in the hummerhome are doing okay .... wonder if I crawlded out from under the carpet yet LOL. *passes out chocolate brownie bear paw cookies for everyone* enjoy. Thanks for a great update geni *hands geni a blue rose* you are a genious!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back