Grissom & Sara # 28: To heart's and eyes' delight

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Turtlebaby, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HarmonyMe

HarmonyMe Hit and Run

Re: Grissom & Sara #28: To heart's and eyes' delight

Yeah, I don't get people who are anti either.

As I stated in my first post here, I wasn't a big shipper for them from the get-go but over the years I've seen the little things here and there between them that I thought was really cute. I have to admit, I'm totally onboard now. I was hoping for a little more physical type of things this season, that we didn't get, but as long as we get something eventually I can wait.....after all, I watched X-Files and was a Mulder/Scully 'shipper. That'll train anybody to be patient as far as 'shipping goes. :lol:

My mother-in-law and I were talking about Sara and Grissom the other day and she's not normally the 'shipping type, she said, "I hate how we didn't even get to see a kiss or anything this season. We knew they were together, it would've been nice to see something steamy." :lol:

We just must all be very patient.

........it's going to be a long summer.

2. butterflied08

butterflied08 Rookie

God every time I think that I have to wait until August/September for new episodes and try to convince myself that it isn't THAT long, I remember that it's not even a full week since the season finale and I feel like crying :(.

I, too, dislike the antis. I've also noticed that this board is almost completely anti except for this thread (YAY GSR). That's why I plan to hole out here until September...someone who has time on their hands should count down the days while I go sleep...that's probably why this post makes no sense- I'm tired

3. geekprincess

geekprincess Dead on Arrival

Sorry to hear about your "anti" experience, SaraSidleRules8! If I ever go through your checkout line, I promise I will sing the praises of GSR with you to brighten your day. ;) I agree with you and other posters, though, that it can be tough to find fellow supporters of our ship ~ on message boards or in real life ~ and that's partly why this thread is the only one I post on here. I try to avoid arguing with people who don't like GSR, partly because I'm a conflict-avoider by nature and also because, with people who are dead-set against the ship, it's useless to argue, you know? For example, I was talking to one of my good friends about "CSI" the other day, and when I brought up GSR, she said, "Oh, he's way too old for her!" I practically had to nail my own jaw shut to keep from saying something I'd regret, but in the end we agreed to disagree about it.

For the record, though, I have thought for a while about writing an essay that refutes the major arguments against GSR, just for people who aren't shippers (yet ;))but are open to "conversion." After all, I myself am a converted Grillows/Snickers shipper. Of course, every time I read one of Alyssa's amazingly awesome posts, I give up on the idea because she's said it all already, but maybe I'll do it some time just because that's like the one thing I'm good at...writing papers with theses based on logical arguments from facts. Yes, I am a geek. :rolleyes: Enough said.

~ geekprincess

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Here's that article about the the CHICAGO deal.. it claims the 'whole cast will be there' and Billy will be giving the 'tour' wished I could go!

CSI..THE EXPIERENCE AT THE CHICAGO MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND INDUSTRY

ARTICLE

And welcome back sarah where ya' been ;)

5. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

Wait...another team?
    I dont even know if I know what this one is about.
    But.....

*Sigh*Da updated lists

Great now what do we talk about?

Those Anti-GSR people. That is why i am not open with my GSR-ness.

Anti-GSR people are mean and hurtfull!*cries*

I am optimistic,
    GSR
    GSR
    GSR

That was 3 lines, well I posted the lists which conts for somthin'

6. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Thanks desertwind for the article, I wish I could go to Chicago to see the whole cast, especially Billy, George and Jorja.

I got a tv guide for next week of Sara and Grissom. I read a letter someone wrote it, let Sara leave. Why is that people don't like Sara/Jorja? What she done to derserve that? people are are not Sara's fan find her annoyed, if they find Sara annoyed, they find Jorja annoyed. Jorja just played the part of Sara and she did a good job with her character, I have never find her annoyed. I told my mom, if people don't like Sara, don't watch it or fast forward her, if you got a vcr.

7. Desertwind

NICE, bunnys very good idea.. and *don't let them get to you* I feel the same.. :mad:they just don't get it! and here's the article accompanying the new TV Guide **their on the cover** looking so great, especially Jorja :p and beings this touches on S/8 and for you Adzix blow me a kiss[​IMG] I'll put it in the dreaded little spoiler box!

Executive producer Naren Shankar says.. "I'm going to be asked that questions all summer long"!.. my response.."turn in to the season opener. We know where we're all going with it", :eek: it's where we've talked about going since the beginning of this season" We'd ended last tyear with the reveal of Grissom and Sara's relationship, and had been doing the dance of who in the lab is going to know. But then you ask, how many ways can you not reveal it? we felt we had to reveal it [in the finale], so, what better way to do it, than a moment of real crisis for Grissom. we also wanted to leave her alone in the desert in that terrible position, because we were going for something different. Most of the other victims of the killer were found in a residential space, so we wanted a location that would make it difficult for ou team to find. we ended uo in the wide-open desert. And there's a strong possibility that we'll be seeing the killer again next season!

8. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Me, me, me!! I'm on Team Stupidly Optimistic :lol:

Glad to see you back! :)

chocolate_bunnys change me too: Spoiler Rehab(recovering adicts): :p

9. lucyj0720

lucyj0720 Hit and Run

How can people not like Gris and Sara together when that was the reason that Sara was in LV in the first place, do they like her self-distructing and Gris being withdrawn and lonely? There are not many women that would tolerate bugs everwhere or communicate with quotes. Nor are there many women that would be touched by a twitch with a cocoon and no letter either. Would Catherine or Sofia be happy with that?
    As for them working together, Erlick and Catherine know that they defend each other anyway and that is without knowing they are seeing each other. Catherine is not that kind when she talks to Sara about Grissom and can talk down to her, she must make Sara feel small sometimes.
    And Sofia is attractive but she hasn't waited for him for years, he could have sex but not ever have anything deep enough that he could break her heart.
    And the implication of the fact that Sara and Gris has a past with him, means he most likely slept with her when she was his student. That also might has accounted for his reticence in getting involved for so long.
    An relationship with Sara in LV would be pushing his luck and the complications of office politics were also a problem. However they settled into a relationship with impecable discreetion and Grissom have always been careful about showing nepotism at work, even when it hurt them both.
    The age gap shouldn't be an issue, because of the way Sara is an older man would always be most attractive than someone her one age. I am a fan of older men myself, maybe it is a geek thing. But when you are bright and a little different from your peers, it takes an older man to appreciate those qualities.
    The people that don't see it maybe don't look to deeply at the characters. As we know Sara is controversial, too Generation X and so some it is Jorja that is controversial and it affects the way they view Sara.

I actually think Jorja is a great role model actually because her world she is surrounded by size zero women with silicone chests, hair extensions, in an industry that likes women to have botox yet Jorja an ex-model is a normal healthy size and weight. She has a bit of a tummy too but she is a dream for clothes designers because her body is perfect for them. She could have been a super-model but she isn't shallow or obsessed with her looks,she could have so easily been swept up in the Hollywood way of live but she hasn't. Her face now has the odd line and I like that too.
    I think her natural beauty unsettles people and in a time were their seems to be a cultural war in America, she breaks sterotypes in playing Sara. She dresses in casuals, she is tough but she is also feminine and vunerable.Characters like Sofia require less thought and Catherine is always projected as the beauty. Men often don't like Sara because they like someone that will flatter them, like Catherine does, who knows how to be with men.

10. Desertwind

lucy if you try to figure it out, you'll go insane.. who knows, it totally annoys the hell out of me, when the 'evidence' has ALWAYS been there :mad: and your welcome NickGrissom glad you enjoyed the article.. I wished I could go too!

[​IMG]

11. SaraSidleRules8

SaraSidleRules8 Lab Technician

Hey choc

I'm with gsrLOVE.

Throw me on Stupidly Optimistic and Spoiler Rehab. :lol:

12. sarahSidle1981

sarahSidle1981 Lab Technician

I love the whole GSR, If Sara live next season I think they should become pregnant with Grissom Baby.

13. Herzeleid

Herzeleid Rookie

hey choc throw me on:

YoBling, semi angst lovers, bi glasses, and Team Stupidly Optimistic. YAY!

sarasidlerules8 that sucks about that lady. and youre right, we can't really argue with a customer. unfortunately..theres been times i've wanted to lash out as well. always remember that you're right, then watch them as they walk away and say "HA! you walked away! i win!" :)

yeah, not much gsr postage here.. um. desert?
    im not really awake right now..was that from the tv guide article? if so whats it all MEEAAANN!!?? lol, i mean we have to see natalie next season...ooh, maybe she'll take them on a wild goose chase to find sara..? like that guy did with catherine cause he liked her. yeah maybe she'll realize nick is pretty good lookin' and drag him around the desert and accidently take them to a car thats upside down and has a CSI under it. "oops" nah, my overactive brain is killing me again.

ah GSR what you do to me. i cant stop thinking about the way he grabbed natalie and shook her. he shouldve shaken harder..knocked a few brain cells back into place. get the right chemicals back in there to momentarily stop her psychotic singing..ahh!

14. HarmonyMe

HarmonyMe Hit and Run

Yeah...I know they're not allowed to but I was hoping that he'd slap her a couple of times. :devil: :lol:

15. Desertwind

Wouldn't that be great? on that note enjoy this[​IMG]
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/ariesfire13/Grissoms.jpg

*Picture edited to a link as it was stretching the screen*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.