Don't Cry For Me - A GSR/CSI fic

This is the last chapter. It is mainly all conversation; I really couldn't figure out any details to add - I like it the way it is (A new fic by me should be up within a few days)

-----------

Seeing the cars go by, Sara thought to herself, "How can I just leave… I can't, not now? Am I escaping? From Grissom?"

"HONK" went a car behind her and she looked up at the light seeing that it had turned green.

Sara began driving, slowly. Shaking, she didn't know whether to turn back or keep going. Looking through her dark sunglasses, she saw the "Leaving Las Vegas" sign.

I can't turn back now… I just have to keep going, Sara thought to herself.

Suddenly, without time to speak, act or even think, a car behind her sped up and crashed right into the back of her car. Seeing her life flash before her eyes, her face hit the steering wheel. For a few minutes she was out - until she was awoken by a policeman. "Lady, are you okay?"

Sara was groggy. Her eyesight blurry, she lifted her head, and raised her hand, staring at them. "Blood... Everywhere," she cried.

"Can you get out of your vehicle, Ma'am?" the policeman asked.

Sara could barely speak.

"Archie - call the ambulance. It's going to be alright, Lady. You're going to be okay. Don't move," the novice police officer assured her. Barely out of training today marked his first hit and run.

Sara slowly fell back into a light sleep. She was losing blood - a lot of it.

She woke up forty five minutes later in a hospital room. She looked around, only to discover there was no one to be seen. "Grissom," she spoke softly.

A nurse ran in, alarmed that something was wrong. "Ms. Sidle," the nurse greeted.

"A... What am I doing here?"

"You were hit by a car. You will be alright, but you lost a lot of blood. We need to call someone to release you." The nurse smiled at her.

"Gil Grissom," Sara spoke, falling back to sleep.

-------------

Back at the lab, Grissom was heading to his vehicle to go to the next crime scene.

"Gil!" Brass yelled.

Grissom stopped dead in his tracks, and turned to Brass.

"What is it?" Grissom sighed.

"It's Sara."

Grissom didn't ask another question, as he lightly jogged to Brass' office and picked up the phone.

"Grissom," he responded.

"Sir… Ms. Sara Sidle asked us to call you - she was hit in the back of her car, hit and run. She's stable, but we need you to come and sign the discharge papers as we are able to release her at this time."

"I'm on my way," Grissom slammed the phone down.

Grissom dashed out of Brass' office, the team standing outside of the office staring. Greg, Catherine, Nick, Warrick, Brass all stared in shock, in heartache.

"Sara? Maybe we should all follow..." Greg trailed off- his face showed concern.

"I think you're right, Greg," Warrick replied.

All five of them rushed out of the lab into one vehicle, going over the speed limit.

They arrived at the hospital, as a group and walked inside.

"Where's Sara Sidle's room?" they all asked the nurse at the same time.

"Who is family, here?" she tried to single them out.

"I'm her sister, but they're very, very close family!" Catherine yelled.

"All right - room 419," the nurse pointed.

They all ran to Sara's room. Standing dead in their tracks at the window, they watched as Grissom leaned in to give Sara a long, tender kiss.

They all looked at each other, showing sympathy. Greg's eyes glowered with a tear. Nick smiled, Catherine waved, and Warrick just stood there not knowing what to think.

Warrick opened the door, "Sara... I'm glad you're okay. We couldn't let you be alone… You mean everything to us - you're a part of us."

They all looked at Grissom who had begun slowly tearing up, as Sara looked up at him with her hand rubbing his eyes…

"Don't cry for me," she smiled.

Back