Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I'd be in heaven if my ship became canon, though, especially if they wrote it like they're writing GSR now. I wouldn't object, that's almost for sure, but I doubt I'd feel like in heaven if it was handled in such a way which I don't really appreciate. And I do know quite some fans who think the same. Believe it or not, there ARE shippers who'd rather ship in the world of fanfics and fanvids, not in the show. ;)

Eh. I do wonder if there's an alternative ending, who'd be crashed under that red car instead of Sara?

Wow. So now a big percentage of fans are NOT true fans because we like to watch the characters? Yes - I love watching the characters evolve. I'd rather see a character morph into something I hate - than them being killed off. I love the cases - but if the cast wasn't the way they were - if it wasn't the actors who are acting, I really doubt I'd be so interested in the show.
Well, I think we're on the same page then. Characters are important for any show. I don't think there is anything wrong with saying you'll quit watching if Sara gets killed off. I'm just saying that there is also nothing wrong with not liking the show if a couple becomes canon. Both are huge deals when it comes to characters. Is CSI really about that? No. But still, just because you can't watch anymore because of whatever is going on with certain characters does NOT mean you aren't a real fan.

You'd have been doing very well to find a bigger CSI fan than me pre-season-7. Now...not so much. And it's because of some of the characters. And there is nothing wrong with that just as there's nothing wrong with throwing a bitchfit if JF leaves.

Marg kissing - always has me interested ;-)

Only have seen the 1st eps of the seasons so far, but spoilers make me think it's a great season. Can't wait to read more on the finale now that JF didn't show up to shoot the scene. How will TPTB change the script ?

ok. well, not to sound stingy or snotty or cause anything (sorry if it comes across that way, but it IS 2am and i just got off an 9 hour shift) but anyways, is there any OTHER spoilers? there is 2/3pages about this jorja thing and is seems like it turned into a genral discussion topid. anything eles new? like, thanks for the itenerarly, is there any more info about it? like what they did for the shootings?

Toots said:
Jorja probably hasn't gotten a raise in years. So I'm one person who thinks she deserves one. I have no idea how much she's requesting or demanding, but Sara is an important character on the show, and as much as I dislike GSR, I still think Sara is needed on the show. Les Moonves should just quit being an ass, give her a raise and continue to let the show be a success because the show will surely lose some fans if Jorja's character is killed off.

If Sara does get killed, the show will have jumped the shark big time.

how anybody has the stomach to ask for a raise in a show where she/he is featured as the main focus, and bringing ratings down, is beyond me.

Fire her so I can get my beloved CSI back.

The show jumped the shar in the S6 finale. And S7 is testament to that huge, splashing jump.

*laughs happily at the stupid behind the scenes drama*

I was about to say about the CSI on ET tomorrow as well (we get Entertainment Tonight in Australia too). Not the first time Billy and Marg have made out for ET. It's going to be interesting to see if they release any spoilers about the season finale...

Edit: The interview is up on the internet for anyone interest. Both a written interview and a video with Billy and Marg. See ETOnline.

*Walks in, looks confused, turns around in circles, looks at the name of the thread, smiles that smile*

Okay guys some of you are keeping on topic, but its also heading off topic, this isn't the thread for contracts that would be the season 8 returning thread. While I understand spoilers can not be discussed in there, I find that you all are bright enough to figure away to separate the two in two different threads (ie Actress in negotations vs Characters fate on the show).

If there is nothing more to add about any Spoilers then we will be happy to close this thread, course in doing so if you come up with something on spoilers you would have to wait for the discussion thread to be created, which I think would be pretty much a waste since spoilers are the here and now Speculational rumors.

Now here is a rhethorical choice for everyone, open spoiler thread ON topic, or closed spoiler thread.. Think about it and Move on with the topic. A little mention such as "If her contract is up [then go into opinion of spoiler]" is one thing, making 98% of the post about someones contract and 2% about the spoiler/character is another.

BTW: If this remains open, it will do so past the 1000th mark because of the so few eps left of the season. No sense in starting a new one. *Walks out*

I'm frustraed with the whole ebate about leaving the show if your character gets killed off. i think eache person had their own opinion on that, and I for one wouldn't leave if David got killed off, I'd be sad, angry...for sure, but I watch for the show. This is where the age thing comes up again. I find it really pathetic that people are always coming in here threatening not to watch. You don't like the show? Go away and let those who like it like it. But that's my opinion. Don't bash me for it.

Could the NY post article just be a publicity stunt? Something to generate talk like the picture last year? Seems pretty devious though if it is just a stunt.

"I just thought of another reason I don't want them to kill off Sara. What would it do to Grissom? It would destroy him, without a doubt. We've seen his fear of losing her before in Butterflied and how he reacted. This could be the icing on the cake, leading to a complete breakdown and an exit of his character from the show. A breakup he could probably survive; her death would kill him. Not literally, but inside"

That is very true. I think if this happens we will see a very dark Grissom next season. But it could be a way for WP to wind up his stint as Grissom. Grissom could be in the show less and less and eventually go into retirement because of problems over losing Sara.

"If actors were like normal folk, they'd be getting paid hourly or getting raises on a regular basis. They also most likely would not have to work at all hours of the day and would have regular times they knew they would have work as production delays can dictate how long an actor needs to be on set. And the horrible curse of being typecast is always above the actor's head for years after being on a successful show. Once that show ends, there is a good chance that an actor won't be able to find another job in their field for a very long time."

Yes and also from that salary they have to pay out for healthcare and pay their agents. They do not get all that money free and clear. And when you take into consideration that the average person stays with a company/job for 25 years and retires. An actor may only get work for 1/4 of those 25 years so the money they make has to stretch for their entire career, especially if they do not get any work later on.

I really have to say something about the contract thing, though it isn't a spoiler/spoiler related (sorry, but I can't not say it).

I agree that it isn't unreasonable for JF to want a pay raise. It's expensive to live in LA and there are fees that go along with being an actor. Although, that's something that they have to think about independently if this is a career that they really want. The CSI franchise is mega popular all over the world, they have books, games and whatever else . . . millions upon millions are being made. Yes, the show is expensive to make. But it's popularity in many different markets make up for it's cost to produce.

The other actors have settled their contracts. Whose to say that they haven't received pay raises and Jorja wants the same courtesy? Is it possible that they are asking her to accept less per episode that the others? I don't see why not. Doesn't mean she'd be happy about it. And it doesn't mean that she expects to be paid the same rate that Billy and Marg get.

But more than that, not all contract negotiations are about money. She really didn't have a lot to do this season. I'm not entirely sure why that is. I feel, personally, that this season has focused on Billy and Marg. Yea, they are the stars, but that doesn't mean that the other actors could've have received a bit more airtime (they certainly didn't need to bring on Keppler since the first time the show hit #1, Billy and Marg had little to do with the episode, and GD was the lead - that would've been four weeks of WP absense where the other characters could've been focused on). Perhaps Jorja wants either more airtime (otherwise acting talent is essentially being wasted and you're just there, not being productive/expanding acting skills), or more "outs" to be able to do movie projects, direct/write more plays, or travel -- especially if she isn't going to be getting leads in stories.

Essentially, I feel like perhaps the execs didn't really know what to do with Sara after she and Grissom got together and because of that, she was put in the background.

As for her reportedly not showing up for work? That doesn't make sense. I don't think she'd do that, but that said, I don't know her personally, and it's just my opinion. It begs the question: Why would someone who reportedly wants to check out greener pastures in other areas of the acting world do something that wouldn't make her look good in other studios eyes? It would only make it even harder for her to get work, and it's not easy to get work in Hollywood even without those sorts of stories following you around.

As far as possibly sending Marg to Vegas to re-shoot/shoot extra scenes, perhaps it's true in part. Maybe the network had assumed that the contract negotiations would be settled by now, and since they aren't, felt that it was in their best interest to shoot more scenes. Or do a variation on the already shot scenes.

Maybe there were muiltiple season finale endings shot -- perhaps to fool the people at the network who leak spoilers, so they won't know which is actually going to air (Sara is fine; Sara is injured, fate unknown; Sara is dead).

But in the whole article, what strikes me the most is that the network claims they are still in 'talks.' They most certainly wouldn't release information like "she refused to show up for her death scene." That would completely blow it out of the water as the characters fate would've already been decided. That said -- I think someone is making up some major stories to create a little controversy.

gena please take note that you have 24 hrs to use the edit button if you want to add to your post and no one has posted after you, per the rules of the board, double or more posting is considered spam and a nono. For more info see the rules for the site, or the "Help Guide". Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back