"Ending Happy" Discussion *Spoilers*

Waiting said:
Why weren't any of the suspects charged? Seriously...did they all get off scott free? You have one that hits him with a crow bar, another that shoots him with an arrow with an arrow gun, and then of course the business with the shell fish!!! Okay...but maybe I missed it because I was getting sort of tired by the end of it...but did any of them get charged with attempted murder?

Hmm, if I understood correctly, since all the factors contributed to Happy's death and each one of them lawyered up, I would say they were charged with something. I think Dreama was charged with murder, bartender guy with um, I don't know the official term but assisting with the murder. Doris and her husband, I think also got the same charges.

I'm not too sure, but they must've been charged with something or else Grissom, Cath and Nick wouldn't have rehashed the timeline for us. Grissom said the DA needed that timeline to help him out.

Then at the end Nick did reply with, "Well, you know what the defense will say, right? That the lawn chair did it."

We also have to remember, the snake venom didn't outright kill happy. The arrow gave Happy more time to live. He administered medicine to stop the infection from the shellfish reaction. The crowbar, um, I dunno. but it didn't outright kill him either. However, all that stuff put together contributed to his death, I think.

I'm confused now.

Short answer: They got charged with something, but with all that went on, they might just walk.

I mostly just lurk, 'cause I come by when I get a chance to catch up on episodes and then read what people have to say... but FWIW? I am not a GSR shipper... I really don't ship _anyone_ on CSI. I read the episode threads to see what people thought of the episodes, and see if they caught things I missed. I feel like I end up having to scroll past a whole lot of "OMG GSR has ruined CSI and I want to vomit" every time, even on episodes where, by the time I've finished the episode and come to read things, I'd forgotten there even WAS any GSR in the episode. I find the obsession with it (pro OR con) really annoying. So I don't read the threads on it, and I wish it didn't end up the central issue in these threads. That's just my opinion, but if you wanted to hear from a "neutral"... there you go.

As for the episode... it was definitely silly. I loved how when Connor related the scenes that just had him and Happy in them, they were so blatantly B-movie (moreso than the others). Improbable plot, but cute. If I were the DA, I'd probably be charging Dreama and Connor each with attempted murder, conspiracy to commit murder, and assault with a deadly weapon (Dreama's crowbar, Connor's crossbow)... but I'm pretty sure I'd have to let Binky and Doris go. Giving a man a blowjob's not illegal in NV to my knowledge, even if it's adulterous, and the evidence we have says Doris didn't know about Happy's allergy, so she's clear of anything. And there's no way to prove Binky knew or intended anything more than what he was steadfastly claiming: that he was feeding his wife shrimp because he loves her. After all, that's what she thought at the time he was doing it, wasn't it? I think it may well have been a fidelity test at least and attempted murder at worst, but I don't believe it can be proved short of Binky breaking down and confessing.

I get that you guys don't like it, fine. Like Dee said, it's one thing to look at the scene and say "yeah...didn't really like it", but it's another to go around complaining to everyone on how it "made you gag" and how you found it "completely apalling". Does a television show really make you want to throw up? Then why are you still watching? I know if I felt that strongly about a television show that I would definitely not watch it anymore. Why would I want to if it brought me that much discomfort?

You try and stay out of an argument...and I'm officially staying out after this. What I don't understand is if you are tired of hearing people talk about GSR...Quit bringing it up again. Miss Dee or whoever the name is already said something...and then having more and more people come on and agree or what not only eggs this thing on further! Right after Miss Dee's post was another long post detailing her points even further. Which in light of things might upset someone else...so this thing will continue on because it's like a sickened domino effect. The point is your going to have people that don't care for the GSR moments in an episode regardless how long they are.

I thought this episode was quite funny...and I personally got the impression that all suspects got off because of a random conspiracy that really wasn't a conspiracy...just ironic. Or at least Nick's statement at the end basically saying a defense attorney would have a hay day with this.

I just found the episode strange in a funny sort of way!!!!

I absolutely loved this episode.
It's one of my favourites.
The case was interesting and the suspects too.
Doc Robbins made me laugh.
And Peter Stormare being in it just made it better for me.

this episode showed me again exactly why CSI is the most watched show on TV. i haven't expected a funny episode followed by another funny episode, and i loved it very much.

first thing. Grissom looked so hot that i'm ready to get to LV on a plane right now, kidnap him and secretly marry. the scene where he was getting a DNA sample from that lady ... dear. god. his smiles when talking to Brass in his office, the overall way he trimmed down, and every other single scene he was in *thud*

second thing. the hilaroussness of the case, the lines, Brass, and the whole Rashomama style. it was brilliant.

third thing. the GSR. OMG!! even though i'm not fond of the hat nor do i like the glasses, this scene was one of the best GSR scenes ever. talking about sex? we've heard that before with those two. but talking about THEIR sex life AND Grissom implying his love to her? freakin priceless.

i can't explain how i love this show. it has EVERYTHING i love in it. everything. my overall rating of this episode cannot be anything other than 10/10.

For christ's sake, there are a number of us who would be pitching an unholy fit if ANY OF THE CHARACTERS on this show ended up together, not just Sara and Grissom!!!!! I, for one do not want to see any of the team together romantically...it's ok to give them love interests, but just not each other! That's why I like LH.

To have the team members together justs takes away from the crime drama aspect, and leads to way too many possibilities for major repurcussions for the team down the road as well as it turning into a soap opera.

The best part of this episode for me were the Greg scenes. I loved what the girl said before he swabbed her mouth for DNA. He must have turned all kinds of red.

I also enjoyed his scene with Hodges. Sometimes they get along and sometimes not. This time they seemed to and I enjoyed the look on Greg's face when Hodges was ranting about his experience with a hooker.

I was hoping they would have quickly shot the camera into Greg's face so we could see it.. I would've loved to see the expression :lol:

HIP-HIP HOORAY to my buddies MissDee..Sarah..Reeble..and Adzix for your great analysis of this 'situation' you girls rock
cheer.gif
clap.gif
and to me Brass stole the show. & Doc. so confused on how Happy really died!... and Nick and Hodges and Greg and Cath 'How romantic" on the sleazy couple :lol:.. the other part was so minute.. it took nothing away at all from the WHOLE ep. ;)

I'm so glad Doc Robbins' is getting more screen time. He's an awesome character and he has the best lines.

Him and Brass should just do an episode together. :lol: I would LOVE that.

I'm really wantin' some more Warrick though...and Nick...

Back