Don't Cry For Me - A GSR/CSI fic

Chapter Five
--------------

Grissom and Sara left after the morning shift ended, to catch up on their sleep in time for Graveyard.

Just as Sara got into her car, her cell phone rang, unwilling to answer it, she rolled her eyes and picked it up "Sara" she responded.

"Sara... Are you far from the office? I need to talk to you!" Greg spoke, slurring words he was talking so fast.

"Alright, I'm on my way in." She slammed her phone down, opened the door, slammed it shut and walked into the lab.

"Greg, this better be important. I've had 30 minutes of sleep in the past 24 hours. I'm tired, hungry, and I want a beer." She grinned.

"That.. Girl.." Greg began to speak, out of breath.

"Woah, slow down boy. Did you just run a marathon or something?" Sara laughed.

"No. I just ran around the lab looking for you." Greg caught his breath, "The little girl, Alison, she is not related to her sister."

"What? Was she adopted?"

"She's related to her mother" Greg quickly responded back.

"And we still have no sign of her father, do we?" Sara fell the chair that was behind her.

"As far as I know you don't. I'm not on your case." Greg joked.

"Right. So how do you know this information, Greg?" Sara asked.

"I told Brass I was going out to see you, he told me to forward the information." he sighed.

"Going to see me? I was going home... To bed." Sara's tone began to become heavy.

"I know. But, I need to talk to you, I was hoping I'd catch you before you left..." Greg began. "I need to talk to you, about us."

"Us?" She asked, annoyingly.

"Yeah. Well, not us, but.. You know.. Us. Me and you. Greg and Sara. Co-Workers."

Sara simply rolled her eyes, "Go on."

"I wanted to know if we could go have some late lunch? It's on me." Greg whimpered.

"I'm going home, good-bye" Sara walked away.

Greg simply thought to himself how Sara could be so hostile, so rude to him. They've always been good friends, and she simply walks away. Greg was beginning to have ideas about Sara and Grissom. But he is too old for her, well.. To Greg, he was. He walked away, needing to speak to Catherine. At least those two had a break in their case.

Sara walked into her and Grissom's condo. Grissom layed there on the couch with his eyes shut. Sara stood over him with her hand on his hair. He opened his eyes, "Sara.. Where did you go?" Grissom asked.

"Greg needed to talk to me. Apparently Alison isn't related to her sister, she's definitely her mother's daughter though. I think adoption perhaps. Maybe their father had the first daughter from a previous relationship, or a friend dropped her off on their doorstep." Sara spoke, "The only way we can tell is if we get some blood samples from Alison's father. This poor girl, she's all alone. She has no family, and her dad isn't coming to her rescue. I'm beginning to think he has something to do with this."

Grissom's cell phone rang, "Brass" it read.

"Grissom." he responded.

"Hey, Gil, Alison's father just stepped into the lab. Looking shabby. Acting as if he owns the joint." Brass told him.

"Well, hold him their until I come in... In a few hours. I just got finished doing a double shift, Brass." Grissom sighed.

"When did that ever stop you." He responded, sarcastically.

Grissom hung up, and looked towards the calendar that was hanging a few inches from the couch, the 23rd of this month was marked off.. What could be on that date?

-------------
To Be Continued

:D

Chapter Six
-------------

It was dark, the cold air chilled Grissom and Sara as they walked towards the lab. It's not often they'd arrive together at the same time, however; the two barely got any sleep this evening, Sara was up talking about Alison. It was getting to her.

"Where are we in this case, Grissom?" Sara signed lightly, almost as if she was whispering. Grissom put his hand on the almost freezing cold door handle, "The father is in the interview room, you get to interview him. I'm checking up on that white wine. See you later" he replied back to her.
"Yeah. See you." Sara rolled her eyes and walked into the interview room.

"Sir, I am Sara Sidle with the Crime Lab. Normally I don't do interviews, it's the police job, but I need some DNA samples from you, I'd also like to ask you a couple questions." Sara focused on the tall man. He had a stubby face, as if he hadn't shaved in days, his hair was greasy, but what stood out was the deep scratch on his right cheek.

"You have a scratch on your face, it looks fresh, what happened? Cut yourself shaving?" Sara smirked.

"Look, Ms. Sidle, I want to know what happened to my wife.. My baby girl, Alison, she has nobody but me. What am I going to do? What happened to my daughter Elizabeth? I.. I.. I don't know what I am going to do, this is all so surreal." James Albani asked Sara.

"We're still investigating the murders. Where were you last night?"

"I.. I.. was on a business trip, I couldn't get back until this afternoon. If I would've said no, this never would've happened. I just wanted a promotion. Flordia was the place for it." James cried.

"To cheat on your wife, Mr. Albani?" Sara stared on the bright red mark on his neck.

"Excuse me?"

"Did you kill your wife, and your daughter, Mr. Albani?" Sara forcefully spoke.

"I want a lawyer. Now." James stubboringly replied.

"Great. First, I'd like your DNA" Sara replied as she put a cotton swap in his mouth. "I also would like a sample of your hair" as she snagged a single piece and put it into the brown envelope. Sara grabbed another swab, and swabbed his cheek. "Thanks." Sara walked out of the room.

This was just beginning to be too much for her. All Sara could think about was this little girl. She wasn't supposed to act like that in the interview room, they don't even have any evidence to support her claim.

"Sara. What are you doing?" Grissom yelled half way across the hallway. "Brass just called me, you went ballistic on the father?" Grissom shaked his head.

"He's a suspect now. He said he was on a business trip, he has a mark on his neck.. Want to guess where it came from?" Sara spoke quickly.

"From his wife perhaps? He's only been gone for a day, Sara."

"Four, actually. We never got to ask Elizabeth anything, she died too soon. Alison isn't speaking to anyone, but me, and I can't even get anything out of her. When I was looking around the house, I found credit card statements which were saying Mr. or Mrs. Albani have been purchasing a hotel twice a month, for two days, each time. I took it upon myself earlier today to get their most recent statement..." Sara took a breath, Grissom raised his eyebrow, "Go on" he told her. "Four days ago, either Mr. Albani or his wife purchased a hotel. Considering Mrs. Albani was the one murdered, and I doubt she'd leave her daughter alone with her father for four days, my money is on the father. Instead of two days, he did four days... My guess, to plan out the murder, have an alabi, and come back acting as if he doesn't know a thing." Sara concluded.

Grissom looked in amazement. "All that from a ten minute interview?" He thought to himself. He smiled to Sara, their eyes met. For once he wish he could just grab her and hug her, letting her know of a job well done. But it could wait.

"Well, I've got a hit on the white wine. There was Zoloft mixed in with it. Neither of them have prescriptions for it, Sara. Where would he get it?" Grissom began explaining as they headed to Dr. Al Robbin's autopsy room.

-----------------------------------------
To Be Continued.

This one was more focused on CSI, less GSR. But I've got some big plans for them :devil:

gsrLOVE, ok i wasnt a registered member till 4minutes ago. but i HAD to tell u the work u dun is fantastic!! waiting for next chapter with baited breath...-

Chapter Seven
---------------

Sara and Grissom continued walking to Dr. Robbin's autopsy room when Catherine caught up to them from around the corner. "Grissom, I need you!" Catherine exclaimed. Sara shared a look with Grissom, "Who knows what Catherine could need during a case that Grissom's not even involved in" Sara thought to herself. "Alright, Sara, talk to the Doc. I will be back" Grissom smiled and walked off with Catherine. There Sara was, holding Grissom's clipboard. She hates doing this alone, she hates seeing the dead bodies.

Sara opened the door, "Whew, Robbin's, got any air fresheners in here.." Sara joked. "Decomp, Sara. You know the smell just as much as I do, only to me.. It smells like roses." Robbin's stood there. "Alright, David told us Mrs. Albani was stabbed through the chest, died instantly." Sara began.

"No need to tell me, Sara. She suffered, only before a blow to the abdomen. Sara, she was also five weeks pregnant." Robbin's explained. "Pregnant?" Sara's smile suddenly turned into a grin, "This woman was 45 years old.."

"There's no rule that says you can not have a child after a certain age, Sara." Robbin's glare stood still.

"Okay, what about Elizabeth?" Sara walked to the other table. "She died of strangulation. There is signs of sexual assualt, she has bruises on her thighs, her right palm, and neck." Robbin's explained.

"Alright, thanks." Sara walked out of the autopsy room. Sara swiftly walked towards Grissom's office, eyes pearing on the clipboard where she studied the files. "Gris.." Sara looked up, "Oh, Catherine, you're still here." she smiled, "Grissom. We need to talk to Mr. Albani." Sara walked out of the room.

Grissom met Sara in the interview room, where there sat Mr. Albani and his lawyer. The room was quiet, Sara sat there staring at this strange man, she thought she could see right through him, that his lies are larger than his truths. As Grissom walked in, Sara went onto her next question.

"Mr. Albani, what kind of underwear did your wife wear?"
James turned his head slightly, "Do I need to answer that?" he asked his lawyer.

"What's the importance of this?" Rick Banshi asked.
"Well, it's a key piece of evidence. We found green fibre that turned out to be silk. Also from Victoria's Secret underwear." Sara jestured.

"My wife wore those "Grannie-Panties" as some like to call them. I don't think I need to get into details, it's kind of private. But she didn't wear silk.. She wasn't that kind of woman." James shook his head, tears falling from his eyes.

Sara turned to Grissom and sighed.
"Does anyone in your household have a prescription for Zoloft?" Grissom asked.

"Nobody in my house is depressed... Or well, was. My daughter, Elizabeth was going through some tough times a couple months ago. Her doctor perscribed her an Anti-Depressant. She wouldn't tell us what it was, and quite frankley, I didn't care to ask. " James stared into Grissom's eyes.

"DNA results came back, you are not Alison, nor Elizabeth's father." Sara spoke.

"Yeah. I know. I feel as if I am. I've raised Alison since she was five. Elizabeth and I never got along very well, she kept telling me I was trying to be her father. For four years I've tried showing that girl that I care about her mother, about her and Alison. That I wasn't trying to replace anyone, but that I just wanted to make everything work... And, now, all I have is Alison.. Everything I've worked for is gone, I loved those girls, with all my heart Ms. Sidle... Five days ago, Elizabeth moved back in. She was staying with her father, Brian. That deadbeat father threw her out of the house, she came back crying on our doorstep. My wife went out that day and had to buy her a whole new wardrobe. If you think anyone commited this crime; look at him." James lowered his head.

"I think this interview is over." Mr. Banshi interrupted.

"All you have is Alison? That little girl just lost her mother, her sister. If you really care about her, you'd wrap her in your arms and tell her it's going to be alright.. Not complain that you've lost everything you've worked for." Sara yelled, as she walked out of the room.

Grissom stood there leaning against the wall outside of the interview room. "Sara, you know you can't blow up at the suspects. Do you need someone else to take your case? You're getting wrapped up in this"

"I know I am. It's just... We aren't getting anywhere. Everywhere we turn, there's a dead-end. These woman need justice." Sara turned her head.

"I know, Sara. And now we've got to track down this deadbeat dad." Grissom smiled, "Lets go out for some lunch." Grissom's hand softly touched Sara's arm. Sara smiled and walked out of the lab with Grissom.

Ten minutes later while ordering their lunch, Grissom sat down and pulled out a small brown colored box from his pant pocket. "Sara, I have something for you.. It's not much, but I hope you like it." Grissom moved the box across the table...

To Be Continued...
---------------
Thanks everyone for those nice comments. Sorry this one took so long. Hope you all enjoy it!

Aaarrrggghhh don't stop there!
you kill me with these to be continued things
oh well atleast i know the wait will be wort it
you'd better get writing missy or there'll be pitchforks out hehe only joking you're doing a great job

Back