Why Lindsay Must Go

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by JDonne, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mulder8scullly5

mulder8scullly5 Prime Suspect

I don't like her to go! She's great!

2. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

:lol: :lol:Just let Lindsay try to do a psycho nut job on Danny. Flack would save the day. :p

If Danny would happen to start seeing Angell instead of Lindsay, Flack better be watching Danny's back or he may end up with one of those arrows from that bow she's carrying around, in his back. :lol:

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Carmine is really good at doing distraught Danny. As long as he's not trying to pretend there's actual chemistry between Danny and Lindsay, he's always on his game. But hey, you can't really ask the man to do the impossible. :lol:

4. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

Okay, now who thinks we have to tweak the idea a little... maybe a black widow thing? I'm still all for Flack saving the day...

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I want to see Flack save the day--and Danny--too.

I don't know...I'm kind of puzzled as to the acceleration of the romance. Are they really going to have Danny and Lindsay date for the next four or five years or however long the show is on? Or are they going to have them be on and off again for the duration of the show and subject us to lots of angst and bad acting? I'm kind of wondering where the writers are going to go from here with this, because getting them together so early on in the show seems an awfully lot like they've written themselves into a corner.

Unless...they're planning to kill Lindsay off and have it be an major angst-fest for Danny. That's probably mostly wishful thinking, but the acceleration of the romance doesn't make a lot of sense, period. There's no next logical step once they're together, no tension, no drama. It's puzzling.

6. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

Nay, there shall be a wedding! And sparkles! And luff! And smoochies.

Ahem. :(

It does seem rather like ZOMGMUSTGETTHEMTOGETHERRIGHTNOW! Romance like woah. Or, to use a now-famous JDonne saying, fauxmance like woah!... doesn't it? It's like they have two entirely different writing teams in. One for the normal cases/character development, and a team of work experience teens writing the Lindsay/Danny stuff.

"I see slow motion! And wind through her hair! Can we afford sparkles? We NEED sparkles!"

Honestly people, Bollywood this kind of thing better. Either put Anna in a sari and have her dance and sing her way to Danny's heart, or stop trying to twang my already v.suspended belief.

(If Carmine doesn't start having second thoughts about this whole thing, I'd be very surprised. Being demoted from cop to crutch is pretty embarrassing.)

But back to the "plot" - surely this is further proof that Lindsay is a serial killer and they're planning for her to die in a big Lindsay vs. Don shoot-out over Danny's prone body? Trauma! ...as Danny realises his oneTROO!Luff111 was a lie! A sham! Angst! ... as they mourn the friend they thought they had, before Anger! ... at the betrayal of a once trusted comrade!

And then, maybe... "Romance! ... as Danny realises that he's had more chemistry with Don since series one anyway, and only Flack can heal his broken Danny-wanny heart. <3 <3

7. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

I'd like to think the writers are going to have them go back to the way they were mid-season 2 (to a degree). There probably won't be as much "flirting" as there was last season and it could just be a "okay, we know they're together, let's move on" sort of thing. Kind of like Mac & Peyton but the D/L relationship (if they go forward with one) probably won't get as much limelight as the M/P relationship has.

Hopefully, the writers will do what they did with the GSR romance on CSI - everyone knows they're together but it's not broadcasted every episode.

8. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ That reference to GSR after just watching Vegas' most recent ep suddenly gave me a very vivid image of Lindsay shaving Danny's chest hair. :eek:

Sorry completely OT, but I couldn't get it out of my head.

I agree with allstar though. I think/hope the D/L will now be a fact and not so much in the open anymore.

Lindsay showed in the last weeks that she knows she has to trust people (like Stella and Mac) and can lean on people who care about her (like Danny), so I hope we get to see season 2 Lindsay again.

9. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now THAT I would watch. I love me some schmaltzy Bollywood. LOVE it I say. Though trying to imagine Danny doing the Bangara is a piece of weirdness not to be contemplated. :D

10. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

*LOL* Me too, which is why I mentioned it. It has the same level of schmaltz to what we're currently being "treated" to. I'm half tempted to PM you now and talk Bollywood :D

Danny dancing... hmm. They DO spend a lot of time with their shirts off...

Back on topic, I'd hope they made Danny and Lindsay low-key, but with the current track record, I am not hopeful.

11. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

I hope this next episode is the one where Lindsay goes completely ape and kills everyone. I think that would be pretty fair after the torture they're put us through this last episode, and many of the ones before that.

I don't want them to go low-key, or high-key, or any key at all. No, they should go maximum security, solitary confinement, white padded rooms and straight jackets.

12. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

Showtime, while I'd love to agree with you, I fear they're going to drag it out over several more eps before we see a full Lindsay meltdown. I'm sure it'll happen, though. I predict chainsaws.

13. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

I guess half the fun of it will be seeing the signs that she's about to crack. You know, staring at a dead body for an inappropriate length of time here, ripping off her clothes and smearing feces all over herself there ... the usual signs of a mass murderer.

14. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

We bought one of those terrible "true crime" books the other day - the ones you get for dirt cheap because they're so bad? And it stated that murderers are not like normal people, they are demonic. I thought... well damn. That's where we're going wrong. So we should be looking for the horns & tail, obviously. I think that would just about fit with the level of subtlety they've "treated" us to thus far when dealing with Lindsay.

I'd actually like to see the :

That'd be an interesting test of Anna's acting abilities right there. More than that, I'd like to see the faces of the rest of the characters when she's all like... poo-faced. You just know Sid would have a squicksome story about this time when he and his wife...

Ooop. No. Better not. But you get the idea. :lol:

15. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

You know, I've been wondering the exact same thing since I watched the episode. Wishful thinking? Hell, yeah. It's all I got left. *dreams about a big cliffhanger with a tragic ending* ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.