Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

lookaboomerang said:
Don't you just feel like dusting off S1 dvd's and watching them now? :D I kinda feel like a little Hush tonight.

I just got the S1 DVDs and have only watched them once. Today, before I got online, I decided I needed to watch "Hush," so I did. I love the Danny/Aiden interaction. The Robospanker, and the exchange that goes something like this:

Danny: "You hungry? You wanna get something to eat?"
Aiden: "Yeah."
Danny: "OK, I'll drive. We'll tie you to the roof."
Aiden: (hauls off and smacks Danny) We'll tie YOU to the roof!"

They leave with Danny laughing.

Ahhhh. I loved that. :lol:

yea, i havent seen any season 3 yet (living in lil ol Eire), but i have to say by the end of season 2 I was definatly missing the whole Danny/Aiden humour and just interaction in general! I was kind of miffed the way they dealt with her death- the reactions to it I mean. But I think Dannys moment of being overwhelmed and having to step outside was brilliant.

PerfectAnomaly said:
Today, before I got online, I decided I needed to watch "Hush," so I did.
I love that episode. I watched it this afternoon too. That's a classic scene. But my favourite is definitely where Danny tells Aiden to "take that down to Jane Parsons ... NOW" and whips the table. Phwoar. :devil:

And in saying that I most post this:

heaven024.jpg

Pull my hair and I'll call you master..

That's the picture I haul out when I feel I need punishing ;) :devil: (and in case anyone is wondering that is Giovanni Ribisi in Heaven).

I also indulged and watched On the Job again. And one subtle thing I noticed that I hadn't before was in the scene we were only just discussing ... where Mac reams Danny out and tells him he was advised against hiring him. When Danny walks away, there is a subtle look of concern in Mac's eyes. Concern for Danny. Not just anger and disappointment. I wonder why I hadn't noticed that before.

Wasn't Giovanni Ribisi in "My Two Dads"? I seem to only be able to picture him as a squeaky voiced teen.

We evidently need to start a society for the re-watching of season one. I'm about to start myself, again.

I watched Night, Mother, yesterday. I actually enjoyed those dark episodes, they had a certain beauty to them. and they weren't totally devoid of humor. I love the scene where Aiden tries to pick pocket the dummy and fails, and Danny teases her saying something like, "you're such a girl," and Aiden playfully hits him on the head saying "shut up" and Danny chuckles.

It really seems like a completely different show altogether. I may be losing interest in the new episodes, but the season one episodes I still adore.

Ah, season one and Aiden, so much to miss! Danny and Aiden did have a very natural chemistry. Whether one saw it as romantic or not was up to the viewer (as opposed to the scripted nonsense we're subjected to with Danny and Lindsay). Danny and Aiden's friendship/attraction was very real to me--they interacted in a way that real people do when they honestly enjoy spending time together.

I might have to watch a season one ep at some point today, too! :D

Top41 said:
Whether one saw it as romantic or not was up to the viewer

That pretty much sums up the best ships for me. Or indeed, any shipping at all. It's the subtle hints that turn you on, isn't it? The "maybe". The chase! It's no fun when it's spelt out in twenty-five foot neon letters with tassles on.

I wasn't an Aiden fan at all when I first started watching, but god knows, I miss her now. I miss that push-pull kind of interaction that brought out the absolute best and worst of Danny :D

(Although the scene from season two with the guy in the diamond bra still makes me weep with laughter.)

Silencer said:
(Although the scene from season two with the guy in the diamond bra will makes me weep with laughter.)
that was hilarious!! its true though, aiden brought out more of danny. we got to see his reactions to things, his like and dislikes more. :)

Silencer said:
It's the subtle hints that turn you on, isn't it? The "maybe". The chase! It's no fun when it's spelt out in twenty-five foot neon letters with tassles on.

Absolutely. That's why the D/L storyline is so... disturbing for me.

So I just read about thne episode that just aired in the USA! I'm not looking forward to it at all.
I'm with you guys I've been off work on the sick recently and I watched all of season 1 again.
The relationship with Danny and Aiden was fab and alsways made me laugh. Where it was their humour in Hush or Aiden caring about Danny in the season1 finale. Kinda want it back that way. I know it's not his fault but this soppy Danny relationship is really making me go off his character and I never thought that would happen!! Have to keep flipping back to season 1 to remind myself how good he can act when he has the right material and co star.

I watched "Till Death Do We Part" I love Mac and Danny's exchange, but talk about prophetic!(Is that the right term?)

Mac: It could happen to you, you know.

Danny: What? Marriage?

Mac: Love.

Danny: Don't say things like that, Mac. It ain't funny.

^ I love Till Death Do We Part!

What made that episode so great was the other natural chemisty that Danny has with Maka. Their exchange over the dead bride was classic. Even Mac sensed it and made a comment about leaving!

I think I might bust out season one now....

Season 1 Danny seems miles away from Season 3 Danny and not always in a good way! Might remind myself in a while of the Danny Messer we know and love!

Carrieattheprom said:
I watched "Till Death Do We Part" I love Mac and Danny's exchange, but talk about prophetic!(Is that the right term?)

Mac: It could happen to you, you know.

Danny: What? Marriage?

Mac: Love.

Danny: Don't say things like that, Mac. It ain't funny.

Heh. I was thinking about that after the whole D/L thing came to the fore. Now that I'm reminded of this scene again ... the character change is even more drastic than I assumed before. :lol:

I suppose that's supposed to convince us that Danny is truly a changed man--to go from not accepting the idea of love to becoming a total love-sick puppy...

Yay for maturation and character development, y'all!

[/sarcasm]

(And why do I get southern when I get sarcastic? Does that happen often?)

Back