"Fallen Idols" Discussion *Spoilers*

I liked this episode.

The part I really liked was where Nick said to the cheerleader. "I wish I had selective amnesia because there's a lot of things in past I wished to forget."

George Eads did a great job last night.

"Grissom with shaving cream on his face and Sara witha straight razor. She asks him if he trusts her, and he says intimately...? Did I hear that right? What that does have to do with what happened on the show? I don't mind the GSR stuff, I'm just glad Grissom and Sara are getting some, but that last scene was just weird"

I gotta agree and after the case it was really weird. I mean the case was about Obession (remember Sara in the early days?) and a teacher/student relationship gone wrong (again sounds like Sara and Grissom) so why show us the two of them together intimately after that case? It was creepy.

Overall it was pretty good. I liked Emilia dying, didn't see that coming.

The only thing I wish is that TPTB would have had more emotion coming from classmates and people involved in the school because I remember losing one of your classmates is one of the hardest things to cope with. Therefore I would have liked a little more emotion, it would have made the buildup to the end of the episode better. But other than that I enjoyed it.

No more episodes for a while :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Only a mediocre episode for me. There were too many overused things from previous episodes - the girl hit on the head and dying later, not knowing she was really hurt. (AFOC with Cath & Sara's bloated floater); the crabs were a recycled plotline (the hunger artist); another hastily added no-chemistry GSR scene that looked like a forced rewrite and quick fill-in (think the puky Way to go; Oh how this once mighty show has plunged into the depths of cliche.

What did I like?
* I liked the Grissom narrative to begin the episode. It was a nice little change.

* I liked the frozen 3D images as they panned off the court.

* Grissom’s “I hope they’re in Mexico” was cute, and so sweet for him to verbalize in his own way how he hopes the kids are ok.

* I liked the scene with Cath going through the phone calls with Gil while walking through the hallway – I was chuckling the whole time as I was guessing that Cath was picturing Lindsey and all of the phone calls/text messages she sends to her friends. (remember her line to Nick in Fannysmackin about Linsey's $300 phone bill?)

* Greg looked hot with the hooded sweatshirt. I liked his "love shack" comments.

* Sara looks good in this episode too. Her story about the panties was so priceless.
Sara: You know, when I was in college, I had this boyfriend, and I thought we were monogamous. One night during the post-coital panty search, he handed me a pair of underwear that wasn't mine.
Warrick: Oof. How did he explain that one?
Sara: He said they belonged to his sister.
Warrick: yeah, right!
Sara: I know.
Warrick: Let's hope your taste in men has improved since then.
Sara: yeah.

Let me just say I don't think her taste in men has improved.

* It was nice to see Sara & Warrick working together. I liked the scene in the garage where they were processing the van.

* The Cath/Gil scene with the crabs! OMG!! That was freaking hilarious!!!! Cath getting LIndsey a chastity belt, then Gil coming back with his line pointing out the demerits of the belt. Cath's “You are so creepy sometimes” really summed it up quite well.

* Grissom’s “men are never as mysterious as women wish they were” – interesting, and quite true actually.

* Nick getting tough with Charlie. I like the attitude, Nicky!!

* Nick - "I'd like to get selective amnesia. There's a lot in my past I'd like to forget about". Very poignant, Nick.

* Sara & Archie singing "if that's your boyfriend, if that's your boyfriend, he wasn't last night" LOL! I know Jorja's love for music, so I'm sure she was happy to do that scene.

However, with all of those things that I liked - I still say it was a mediocre episode. Nothing to really stand out and put it on my list of Top 50 CSI episodes (not even close).

Top 50? Man, it wouldn't even be in the Top 100.

In any case, I hated this episode, with a passion. Just seemed so... routine, with the usually predictable "twists".

I really love this episode, because I finally got what I want, Nick and Grissom. Greg finally work more then 15 minutes, so it Warrick.

kaylyne said:
Only a mediocre episode for me. There were too many overused things from previous episodes - the girl hit on the head and dying later, not knowing she was really hurt. (AFOC with Cath & Sara's bloated floater); the crabs were a recycled plotline (the hunger artist); another hastily added no-chemistry GSR scene that looked like a forced rewrite and quick fill-in (think the puky Way to go; Oh how this once mighty show has plunged into the depths of cliche.

What did I like?
* I liked the Grissom narrative to begin the episode. It was a nice little change.

* I liked the frozen 3D images as they panned off the court.

* Grissom’s “I hope they’re in Mexico” was cute, and so sweet for him to verbalize in his own way how he hopes the kids are ok.

* I liked the scene with Cath going through the phone calls with Gil while walking through the hallway – I was chuckling the whole time as I was guessing that Cath was picturing Lindsey and all of the phone calls/text messages she sends to her friends. (remember her line to Nick in Fannysmackin about Linsey's $300 phone bill?)

* Greg looked hot with the hooded sweatshirt. I liked his "love shack" comments.

* Sara looks good in this episode too. Her story about the panties was so priceless.
Sara: You know, when I was in college, I had this boyfriend, and I thought we were monogamous. One night during the post-coital panty search, he handed me a pair of underwear that wasn't mine.
Warrick: Oof. How did he explain that one?
Sara: He said they belonged to his sister.
Warrick: yeah, right!
Sara: I know.
Warrick: Let's hope your taste in men has improved since then.
Sara: yeah.

Let me just say I don't think her taste in men has improved.

Hahahhahahah! :D

I loved last nights episode. I thought it was hilarious, and I loved how the photography teacher was the killer. Like, when she killed herself, how she set up everything, it was cool.

A lot for me to love about this one...

- The photography. I used to do quite a bit of photography and I appreciated that aspect a lot.

- "If that's your boyfriend..." (That song originally by Me'Shell Ndege-Ocello, BTW. I've always loved it...) :lol: :lol: :lol: Absofreakin'lutely brilliant stuff! Watch out; Sara and Archie may be contemplating forming Run CSI...

- The shaving scene at the end didn't really faze me one way or the other. My husband's response: "He's finally getting rid of the beard!!" :D

- Okay, so Ryan's parents felt Megan "got away with murder". Now, did I see wrong, or was he the party who dealt Sheila the head blow that ended her life? No, he didn't "get away" with it...but there were no "innocent" parties here.

- Nick's observation about there being a lot in his past he'd like to forget: A whole big ol' bundle of continuity in one line right there. Some astute writer's acknowledgement that a lot of crap has happened to that boy. Wonder if they'll take it anywhere from there. Nick Stokes is such an interesting, layered character...it'd be a shame not to make good use of that within the right storylines.

- So, Greggo virgin-until-22 says his back seat got a lot of play? So, does this mean A) Nick should call BS on him, B) Sara should call BS on him, C) Greg loaned out his car (or at least the back seat) to a lot of horny buddies, or D) the writer completely forgot canon? My money's on A...

- Someone mentioned Mary Kay LeTourneau above. Wierdly enough, her father, John Schmitz (who ran for president in 1972) was my political science teacher in junior college. That family was chock full o' dysfunction. For all that, though, the guy was a great teacher.

- Sara and Warrick's "panty discussion" was amusing...the look on Sara's face at the end was a bit puzzling. So, Warrick (and presumably most of the rest of the team/techs) don't know about her and Grissom, then. Wondering if Hodges knows...that would not surprise me in the least.

Well, I liked this ep a lot. The specific who-dunnits kept me going the whole way. Much as I love basketball, I'm gonna miss having any new eps til April...

eraf said:
"Grissom with shaving cream on his face and Sara witha straight razor. She asks him if he trusts her, and he says intimately...? Did I hear that right? What that does have to do with what happened on the show? I don't mind the GSR stuff, I'm just glad Grissom and Sara are getting some, but that last scene was just weird"

I gotta agree and after the case it was really weird. I mean the case was about Obession (remember Sara in the early days?) and a teacher/student relationship gone wrong (again sounds like Sara and Grissom) so why show us the two of them together intimately after that case? It was creepy.

I agree with this. This is also the reason why their relationship is so terrible. Its like sara's stalking and harassing worked. Plus the dialog was just so terrible...it looked like that something from a low budget tv show.

What I hate, is all those GSR fans on the CBS board, basically saying that all those who don't like it shouldn't watch the show anymore. And judging by the posts, the show has become a bit of a joke. "like omg that scene was totally cute!" gah...terrible. They are not going to bother putting effort into the show, if they drive all the non GSR fans out. Its like they just added a GSR scene, and didn't bother doing anything else for sweeps. Terrible.

Its like sara's stalking and harassing worked.

Stalking? Asking someone out once is stalking?

Honestly, I think people are choosing to find problems at this point. The GSR is hardly taking over the show, it was a good episode, with a little something special for those who like the relationship at the end.

If the scene had been 5 minutes long, or they were still working every case together, I could see your point, but frankly, right now, I can't really get a good grasp on any argument that states that this relationship is gratuitous or harming the quality of the episodes overall.

Well I'm not completely against GSR, I don't really agree with the age difference between them...I think it worked much better for the show when Sara wanted him but he didn't really know what to do but now it's actually happening it's a little wierd/creepy, when they first showed them together in the season 6 finale I was jst like "Whoah!!! OMG can't believe it!!!", and I think the bit where he was writing the letter was nice but I couldn't tell if he sent it or not (I hope he did), but I just couldn't help myself from laughing at how terrible that last scene was...I keep replaying Grissom's voice saying "Intimately" in my head and laughing to myself... :lol: :lol: :lol:

EXCELLENT.. sorry the site was down last night. but.. it was good!! starting with Nick and Greg.. and team working together.. so cute.. Nick what's with the rope Cassonova"
Warrick, so intense while interviewing the teacher.. not knowing what was ahead. Cath and the "chastity belt" comment, and Grissom's comment back , and then she said "your so creepy sometimes" :D Megan & Ryan the two kids, their friends involved with something that went terribly wrong.. and once again Grissoms comment "men are never as mysterious as women think they are" interesting :eek:and Grissom extracting blood from a crab.. nasty..Diane the teacher lusting after the teenage boy, sleazy/slimey.. a mish-mash of oddities.. very different twist in this ep. and the ending.. which wasn't , nor had anything to do with the crime, but continuing the continuity of this on going romance.. it gave me chills :p..magnetic.. the eye sex & chemistry between these two overwhelming :p and can Billy Petersen play to the camera..my lord he's sexy and her too!!! "Sara, do you trust me" and him "INTIMATELY' and we all know what that means.. so sensual, and adds such spice and zest to the show, my gawd, these are beautiful people..and was so well done.and classy, and so brief.. I really enjoyed them adding this to the end..all in all, a good ep.

I loved the use of the Evanescence's Good Enough in the beginning and end of the episode (beautiful song and set a very nice atmosphere for the entire episode). Am I the only one here who was squeeing their heads off after the last scene?? :confused: :lol: :p

this was an okay epi.. sara singing, hilarious.. nicks last scene with the kid was awesome. the infamous shaving scene.. meh. i love gsr, but i honestly don't see where that particular scene played in with the goings on of the epi. it really looked like it was just tossed in there.

- Nick's observation about there being a lot in his past he'd like to forget:

In one of the early drafts of the script, this scene (and the line about selective amnesia) belonged to Brass. Just goes to show you how interchangeable Nick and Jim are in terms of crap they've had to endure.

Back