Why Lindsay Must Go

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by JDonne, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Is it wrong that I for one hope she never speaks again, not to Danny, not to anyone. Maybe if she mimes everything it would make her a bit more entertaining and bearable.

I'm not sure what tension it created since Danny still seems to be without balls and ready to drink her unworthy sweat. Wouldn't tension cause a change in the status quo, wouldn't it cause Danny some irritation, wouldn't it be remotely interesting to the viewer?

As far as Anna having the acting chops to pull off psycho Lindsay, I for one am not buying that she could convincingly execute that persona. Why? Because eventually the stealthy psycho has to have an explosive breakdown, it is a television requirement. Anna simply can't breakdown or emote, so I doubt the possibility that she would be capable of something so complex. I mean, if you can't even properly emote when you are discussing your four massacred friends then when as an actress can you. I don't deny it would be a good storyline and a departure from the CSI norm and both of those are positives. Even better it would change the must in this thread's title to a did and that as far as I'm concerned is the best reason yet.

2. fly_casual

fly_casual Witness

They tried the mini-breakdown scene in "All Access", but it ended up making Lindsay look like a three-year-old who needs a nap, and Anna looking like the lead actress in a play written by, directed, and starring sixth graders. I don't know which I'd prefer, since unfortunately it doesn't seem like Lindsay will leave anytime: Lindsay with emotions with Anna botching them up, or Lindsay being an emotionless amoeba.

3. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

Oh my Lord. At least emotionless amoeba Lindsay means no awkward relationships and no horrible, gauche "MOO" love notes. Honestly, I think that's all the proof that we need that she's not playing with a full deck. What on Earth was she thinking?

4. rittenwurds

rittenwurds Victim

One thing good about Lindsay is that she looks innocent and isn't your typical conventionally playboy-esque chick that we see so much of these days. She displays a vulnerability that works pretty well.

But yeah. The rest of the cast is leaps and bounds ahead of her.

5. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

Maybe it's just me, but I think it would be scarier if she didn't have a breakdown. I'd rather see her devoid of emotion, and we know Anna can pull that off, because she's done it all season. I don't want her screaming at Danny, I just want her to stand there, and say in perfect monotone that she's going to rip his still-beating heart out. And then Flack arrives and shoots her.

Jeez, I find a positive spin on the Lindsay!cack they're feeding us, and you're all still complaining. If they're rewriting eps according to viewer responses (see Danny/Angell and the D/L phonecall this week), then I have extremely high hopes that I can persuade someone in the writer's department to make her a serial killer and have Flack kill her off. *terminal optimist* :D

6. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

We haven's seen it, no, but I can only imagine that the next time he sees her he doesn't let her get away with 'it's not you, it's me'-lines or a postcard. And although I like D/L I would really appreciate it if Danny speaks his mind and makes her speak hers.

I hope they never go there. There's just too many people with too many opinions; who would they listen to? whose wishes would be granted and why?

7. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

According to other posts being made in other threads, it's rather strange that they took out two rather large potential romantic moments. Evidently they've picked up that the romance stuff is causing some contention among fans, so it was removed. So they seem to be going for the general consensus. If they've done that with Mac/Peyton because they got a general positive response to the relationship, they may have boofed up by moving too fast with it in the latest episode.

Can't please everyone all of the time, I guess.

8. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I can see her being devoid of emotion up until the time she pulls out the shotgun or bow and starts taking people out. Actually, I think I can see her doing that devoid of emotion too.

According to the spoilers, before the verdict is read, Lindsay just sits there with a blank look on her face. If in fact Danny does show up in Montana, it has her sitting with him and she has a blank look on her face the entire time. Even when the guy is found guilty, she just sits there with a blank look on her face. (Unless they change the scenes). Anna should be able to pull of the "blank look" without problems.

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Maybe she has a blank look on her face because they've figured out that's all Anna can deliver convincingly. :lol:

And I love the 'devoid of emotion' psycho idea. Put that against Danny, who would no doubt have a breakdown if he figured out she was a nut, and you'd have for a great scene. Flack could come in and save the day before she killed Danny or something horrible like that. :lol:

Danny never picks out the killers. His radar is always off--it has been evident since the fourth ep of season one "A Man a Mile" when Danny wanted to get help from the person who turned out to be the killer--the guy's brother. It's happened time and time again since then, like in "Trapped" when he was taken hostage by Jerry (who Danny naively told that his partner had a suspect in custody). If anything, the fact that Danny likes Lindsay should definitely indicate she's a psycho. :lol:

10. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

And, assuming Lindsay breaks on a work day, even her name forshadows the crazy: "A red, slimy noon" is an anagram for Lindsay Monroe.

That settles it for me.

The writers must have been planning this from the start.

11. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Exactly. :p Danny's radar is a tad off. :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol:You've figured it out. That's exactly what they were planning. Well, at least that's what it looks like.

12. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

What? Lindsay goes psycho and starts shooting people with a crossbow? When does that episode air?

13. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

We're not too sure yet. About the length it takes to write, film, and edit the average episode, plus the retakes because it'll have a lot of Anna's scenes, plus the amount of time it takes for the writers to pull their heads out of their asses.

14. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

Harsh, but incredibly funny :D :lol:

15. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

While watching Danny have a breakdown after Lindsay go psycho nut job on him would be a great storyline for Carmine and excellent Emmy material. At least we know that he could pull it off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.