"Law of Gravity" Discussion **Spoilers**

I cannot believe they killed Keppler. I really liked Keppler; if more than 4 eps maybe even more than Gil. I thought he was the best thing to happen to CSI in years!! The writers had a new interesting character to play with (even one that could easily replace Grissom if he left the show) and they kill him. But just when they could have their first REALLY GREAT story line in a while, they shoot themselves in the foot. I figured Gil and Keppler would "co-exist" until something "big" would happen to Grissom causing him to leave. Then Keppler would be a main character. At least let him live, so there's the option to bring him back as a recurring character! I am very disappointed with CSI right now!!!

I could be wrong...but Amy's father molested his daughter, and made it look like some guy raped and killed her. Keppler killed the guy believing Frank...when in reality the guy was innocent. Make sense?

luv4grissom said:
I didn't think I would like Liev joing the cast but I have been so hooked on his character in the show these past few weeks that I wasn't even going to mind if he was taking over for Grissom.
I think Schreiber revealed this character beautifully given the short time he had to do it. Even though I knew what was coming I was surprised at how affected I was when it happened. :( I was also touched by Catherine's reaction... she seemed to be the only one who believed in him.

Still so happy to see Grissom back, although it sounded like Billy brought his cold back from Providence.

Spanky? Gotta love that.

Awsome episode all around. I'm impressed. :rolleyes:

Destiny said:
Not thrilled with the Grissom return, don't get me wrong WP coming back is fine, but its the way they wrote that part for him, it started like he was the rookie of sorts and then slowly got back to being the boss

Aw. I liked that part because Grissom has been grooming Warrick to kind of take his place eventually. (On those rare occasions when Warrick is written into an episode, anyway.) I took it more as a sign of trust in Warrick and respect for his abilities.

For some reason that expression on Grissom looked like he wanted to chase sara to kill her.

:lol: For some reason, your posts crack me up. Grissom looked like he wanted to devour her (not in an insane psycho killer kind of way), even though she smelled like landfill.

In a way, I liked the conclusion of Keppler's storyline, but it felt weird. I guess it's the not-really-CSI thing that some of you mentioned. I did like Cath's reaction to the whole thing. Her disbelief that Keppler could be involved and dismay when she found out he was. Her concern for him after the phone call and the reaction to his death. It seemed real to me.

Did Catherine maybe feel a little more than friendship for Keppler?

It appeared to me that she did. I thought that during all four episodes Keppler appeared in that Catherine was sizing him up as possible future boyfriend material.

I rather enjoyed Sara's somewhat detached attitude towards Grissom. For once the shoe was on the other foot. Too bad it won't stay that way. Still, I love having Grissom back and now all will be well in the lab...until the next sweeps week.

random thoughts:

This was a beautiful episode, as I've said to myself mainly...I dug Keepler from the beginning. His expressions may have been harder to read, but it was his presence to me that spoke volumes.

He was a tragic man, a bad man..maybe? But one that had to have been so trusting of Frank, so much so that he believed him almost till the end. I can't believe it, but I was upset at the end.

He was what this show needed, a darker character, a layered one and now he's gone.

Grissom's back, let's hope be brought with him the Grissom of previous seasons and not the one thats been hanging around of late.

I do agree as much as I'm NOT for GSR, that scene was kind of cool, it didn't feel awkward like all the other scenes between them. The 'chemistry' seemed real.

I like that it seems like Warrick and Nick hang out, but did any one else get bothered by that cop's comments? Would Nick really be talking about his best pal and his gambling? Didn't make sense to me.

I know the but implants was funny, but I thought we got rid of dumb!Nicky seasons past. He came across as naive and cute, but almost too naive. Sigh, when will they stop doing that to him? Other than that loved Nick in this episode. He gets along with Keepler b/c his trust was not broken with him.

I'm glad that we had some after moment shots with Warrick and Nick besides Catherine and I felt the way she did. Mike saved her life and died in front of her, they had a nice bond going for as short as it was.

The flashback scenes were not cheesy, they were well shot and done. Glad there was some refences made of the tension from Redrum and I dug how Nick took charge for a moment in Gil's office, the spread the search was more of his take charge attitude.

Amazing episode do we know who wrote it?

Kristen9999 said:
I know the but implants was funny, but I thought we got rid of dumb!Nicky seasons past. He came across as naive and cute, but almost too naive. Sigh, when will they stop doing that to him? Other than that loved Nick in this episode. He gets along with Keepler b/c his trust was not broken with him.

I'm glad that we had some after moment shots with Warrick and Nick besides Catherine and I felt the way she did. Mike saved her life and died in front of her, they had a nice bond going for as short as it was.

Hey, I'm an a** man myself and I didn't realize that's what they were for. ;) I wouldn't call it a dumb!Nicky moment. I would call it pure fascination. Haha.

Catherine's reactions felt completely natural to me. Although I was yelling at my girl to get the hell out of that room before Frank decided to get her to. What an awful man. I'm sorry he had to take Keppler down with him.

For some reason, your posts crack me up. Grissom looked like he wanted to devour her (not in an insane psycho killer kind of way), even though she smelled like landfill.

he had this creepy psycho look...like 'c'here i'ma gonna eat you'... :lol: out of character, but i was like 'run sara run!'...

^I thought that GSR scene was rather sexy.

To me it looked like Grissom just wanted to grab her and Sara had the same look on her face as she did when she met Hank the Skank and she smiled of decomp.

I kind of agree with you Kristen on the dumb Nicky scene. I'm so sick of that.

Keppler was a great character. I kind of hated him at first but when he got shot, I was very sad because he was the most three-dimensional character that show has had in a long time or when the writers are not myopic on the 'science the 'science' the 'science'.

It proves that a crime show does not have to stick to the facts about the crime. You can have characters with emotion, feelings, difficult backgrounds and such.

Aww..Keppler..we hardly knew you.

Am I the only one who loved the baby scene with Nick!!! That was so cute.

I loved this ep! I would NEVER give Grissom up, but I really liked Keppler. He was dark with a bit of humor for good measure.

Nick and the ass implants.... to damn funny!! "Spanky" was also great. And, I can't forget, Greg and Warick... HOT as always!

It looked like Frank was going to shoot a very easy target... Catherine, befor Keppler killed him. And it was very odd to see Grissom actually physically comfort someone. I thought it was very sweet of him to be there for Catherine. Very OOC!

Well on second thought, maybe I'm being harsh, the scen with Nick was funny ...just sometimes I think they use Nick too much for those type of moments, though its cool that he still has some innocence

I love this episode except the one Frank rapes his daughter and killed her.

Nick is not dumb, he thought it was breast implant, not a butt implant, whoever heard of that, He is so adorable and cute.

Myfuturecsi, you are not the only one think Nick hold the baby, he is so cute when he hold the baby, least the baby didn't cry around him.

I get the feeling Nicky's given the scenes nobody else wants. Like the ass-man scene. That should probably have been Greg's because why would a CSI3 need confirmation from Keppy to run the serials on the implants? That's a CSI1 question.

The entire scene scremed Greg IMHO - the kind of humor, the ways he talked about sexuality is not the Nick I've seen before.

Why they're dumping scenes that does not fit his current state or personality is an enigma to me, but it's not the first time it's happened. So GE can pull off anything, and now he's paying for it? By doing scene others don't want? Why was he the only one really working with Keppy to begin with? Not that I complain, the more Nicky, the merrier I am. Just seems strange, that's all.

Back