Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

:eek: :eek: Holy MOG was that the longest post in history or what? I had to make a packed lunch and eat it halfway through.

CynRyn, I'm loving you right now. Your post has given me a whole lotta laughs and you have no idea how much I needed that.

CynRyn said:
Well I don't have a prob with a celebrity enjoying the fruits of their labor a bit.
I'm with you CynRyn. I have no problem with someone wearing Dolce & Gabbana and driving expensive cars if they've got the means. Hell, I'm pretty sure I would be no longer shopping at op-shops for my clothes given that sort of dough :lol: But seeing excess such as you mentioned is sickening in the extreme.

I am in agreement with you guys in hoping he doesn't get "too big" for his fans. A lot of movie stars/musicians/athletes tend to forget that it was the fans who got them where they are. Just think of all the one hit wonders and people that tried and didn't make it cuz people thought they sucked. Reality shows like American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance are a perfect example. If the fans don't like you, you get voted off and quite possibly you'll be lost in oblivion.
Preaching to the choir their, sister. Without the fans ... there are no box office takings, there are no television ratings. It's a wise move to appreciate them.

Could distinction or dimensionality be the word you're thinking of?
Nope and nope. Dignity and distinction come close, but they aren't it. I fear the word has disappeared forever. You know what my perfectionist self is going to have to do now, don't you? I'm going to have to read through the entirety of 'D' in the dictionary to find the rotten word or it will drive me crazy.

I read this and at first I thought it said shaved your arse and I thought "what the...?" wondering if I'd missed something. :lol:
:eek: What the??? MrsG, you have a hairy arse???? :eek: Please, I'm a visual person. That image is just wrong. brrrr.

Now you can all feel free to flame me for this but for once I thought the D/L thing was written well. I didn't get a romance vibe, but I definitely got a fondness vibe between the two characters.
I'll give them that. There IS a fondness there, but honestly that's as much as I can see. If there's chemistry, it's invisble to my eyes. You'll get no flaming from me. Nor will anyone for simply having a differing opinion. Seriously, when has anyone been flamed for being in favour of Danny/Lindsay? I've never seen it happen here.

Honestly, crankyjules is a misnomer. I'm not normally cranky, believe it or not. :lol: Yes, I'm vocal in my opinions - at least I have some. And yes, I have been doing a lot of banging of the forehead on brick walls lately, but that has all been in reaction to the route season three is taking. I'll never be rude to anyone simply because they like a Danny/Lindsay pairing, and I've never seen anyone else be rude to D/L shippers either.

BAH! That's just cuz those posts were one or two sentences and the meaningful ones had paragraphs, opinions and bigger words. :p
^^^ Ooooo look!! I did NOT say that. Someone else did. 'Twasn't me. :D Maybe that's all the time TPTB that read the posts had ... (angelic smile)

Oh well I didn't take it as an attack or insult to any board but rather to the execs who ignore boards that present valid criticism about the decisions they are making.

Yes there is a "squee" board and that's exactly what it was designed for. So no one is going to judge people for doing so on that board. Whomever did the commentary should have paid better attention and they would have seen that the majority of fans on this board don't just watch the show cuz of a hot guy. It was insulting of them to dismiss that.
YES. Thank you CynRyn. That right there ... those two paragraphs ... that was exactly my point. (big sigh of relief) 'Insulting' - yes, it was, and is, that they think that the fans that watch the show are solely interested in a hot guy half naked.

Now, I'm off to read through 'D' in the dictionary :rolleyes: :lol:

crankyjules said:
CynRyn said: Could distinction or dimensionality be the word you're thinking of?
Nope and nope. Dignity and distinction come close, but they aren't it. I fear the word has disappeared forever. You know what my perfectionist self is going to have to do now, don't you? I'm going to have to read through the entirety of 'D' in the dictionary to find the rotten word or it will drive me crazy.
Acutally I looked through an online thesaurus to see if I spotted the word you were looking for then,I don't know how or why, I found myself looking for a synonym to quality (as in "the quality of a product") for an hour. :lol: I'm still wondering if there is a synonym that would have the same meaning. hehe

EDIT:I included more than I wanted to quote by accident.

No one ever gets flamed around here for having differing opinions, which is why I'm always puzzled by the "hostility" comments. Believe me, I've seen boards where people are hostile to those who disagree with them, and this is just not one of those boards. :lol:

I do agree that the Danny/Lindsay stuff in "The Lying Game" was better than anything else they've had this season, and yes, I do think a big part of it was because they weren't in a room together so we didn't see the blatant evidence of their lack of chemistry. :lol: I even thought the note was cute (the fact that she signed it Montana at least), though I think the cow stuff was kind of silly. Thought it was cute, it was high school cute--thirty plus year olds don't act the way Danny and Lindsay do. More Lindsay, really, because Danny has been pretty straightforward and adult about the whole thing this season.

I was going to comment on the manly point, but I see you got to my other post, CynRyn. Danny is more than a bit emotionally vulnerable, but I've never seen him as a doormat before this season. The way he takes whatever Lindsay dishes (tantrums, rudeness, etc.) and sticks with her suggests to me that his self esteem is in the toilet.

crankyjules said:
CynRyn said:
I read this and at first I thought it said shaved your arse and I thought "what the...?" wondering if I'd missed something. :lol:
:eek: What the??? MrsG, you have a hairy arse???? :eek: Please, I'm a visual person. That image is just wrong. brrrr.
Duuuuuude, my ass is a delightful visual and it is NOT hairy. :lol:

I thought this thread was about Carmine ... how'd we get on to Mrs.G's arse :confused: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, back on topic, and this thread isn't about Carmine's ass either. :lol:

I'm bummed tonight's CSI:NY is a repeat. No fresh new Danny to watch. :(

I can top that for lameness. I'll probably watch American Idol (they conflict in my area because my CBS is on mountain time instead of pacific - God knows why). Anyhow, even picking lint out my belly button would be a more productive use of time, but American Idol it is. :lol:

Thought it was cute, it was high school cute--thirty plus year olds don't act the way Danny and Lindsay do.
I know Danny's in his thirties and I thought Lindsay was too but in The Lying Game she said that the murders happened 10 years ago. In Silent Night when Lindsay was in the morgue and was having flashbacks (or whatever) the narrator (I'm assuming the news) said 15-17 year olds. Please don't tell me that Lindsay is between 25-27. :confused:

I also agree that Danny is a total Lindsay doormat this season. What have TPTB done to him? The bright spots this season (when he seems more like himself) is when he works with Flack, Stella, or Angell and when Nixon Suicide was flirting with him. I was yelling at the tv..Take her out..and a couple other things I can't say in here. :p

1CSIMfan said:
Please don't tell me that Lindsay is between 25-27. :confused:

Would 28 be any better? ;) 'Cause that seems to be her actual age. *check the spoilers thread*

Welcome, Carmine_Is_Cute! Oh God, did I really just type "Carmine is cute"? :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: Enjoy the board. :D

Welcome, er, Carmine fan person :lol:. Most of the new fans tend to like Carmine as well so you'll be right at home ;).

Another thing I like about Danny is his flirting approach. Most people would view him as the guy with the cheesy pick up lines but to see him just smile at the girl on the subway in Risk was nice. He showed he was interested without making a fool & also, he made it so it was open for one of them to approach one another. Guys that just smile are the best but sometimes they can be a challenge :lol:. If Danny went up to her & was like, "Hey, baby. Want some Italian sausage?" that would've been a turn-off & an ugly sight to witness too :lol:. It shows goes to show that he knows how to flirt without being over the top & I like that ;).

jorja_fan86 said:
Welcome, er, Carmine fan person :lol:. Most of the new fans tend to like Carmine as well so you'll be right at home ;).

Another thing I like about Danny is his flirting approach. Most people would view him as the guy with the cheesy pick up lines but to see him just smile at the girl on the subway in Risk was nice. He showed he was interested without making a fool & also, he made it so it was open for one of them to approach one another. Guys that just smile are the best but sometimes they can be a challenge :lol:. If Danny went up to her & was like, "Hey, baby. Want some Italian sausage?" that would've been a turn-off & an ugly sight to witness too :lol:. It shows goes to show that he knows how to flirt without being over the top & I like that ;).

Yeah speaking of that ep... to get a little OT... in my local listings it was shown as a new ep but Lindsay, or rather Anna, wasn't pregnant. They actually had two eps on that night, Risk at 8 and then Trapped at 10. I posted about this on another board but I don't think I've seen a response yet.

Back on topic: I also like the coy smile approach as opposed to being overtly hit on. Altho I much refer the coy smile accompanied with the guy walking over to me when I smile back like Danny did. You know what else? An obvious come on can be kind of cute sometimes too if it's something really corny but not cheesy. As an example, have any of you seen the coke commercial where the guy pretends like his cell phone is ringing, although it's obviously him making the noise, then goes in his bag and gets the coke and gives it to the girl saying "it's for you"? That was cute. :)

I like shy confident guys. Is that an oxymoron? I meant it as opposed to shy insecure guys or overly confident outgoing guys.

That's the sort of scene that can often look contrived. I thought Carmine played it very well tho. It totally fit with the character's personality.

What's so sweet about the scene at the end of Risk is that Danny's a little embarrassed by her smiles, he feels a litle awkward and self-conscious. Where he plays it so well is that you see his private awkwardness (where he mutters under his breath and takes his glasses off) but then his public confidence as he goes over and chats to her. Beautifully played, a great representation of the way we cover our insecurities when dealing with people...

Back