Gas..How Much are you paying???

The petrol station across the road from us is charging around 90 pence a litre which is well over 1 dollar in American money. With regards to the exchange rate £1 sterling gets you $1.7962(US) so its the equivalent of $1.62(US) a litre for unleaded petrol, the prices for diesel are even worse! So petrol prices are really sucky here in Europe at the minute, well Britain anyway :(.

They might have to get the big 3 out before Labor Day weekend.

Some places already have. I had to pick my mother-in-law up at LAX last night and the stations around there were averaging $3.07...Saw on the news about one of those "last chance" stations up the coast on Pacific Coast Highway charging $4 a gallon...they could get away with it because where else was anyone gonna get gas in that area...

I know gas prices have been nasty in the UK and Europe for many years (maybe a reason small cars are so popular there!) but I think we're going to end up catching up sooner rather than later...

--Robin

the worst i've seen this summer is 2.69 which i think is ridiculous, anything above that is outrageous and i feel for those people who pay it.

My apologies when I told you guys I hadn't been paying attention lately, I didn't think it had risen so fast from the last time I checked :eek: I just caught a glimpse of a gas station and the price was a dollar per litre! :eek: :eek: And I remember just a year ago it could get as low as 67 cents :rolleyes:

This afternoon, at least three stations within a couple of miles from my apartment dropped from $2.66 per gallon to $2.57.

Sorry, guys. Saw this and could NOT resist. Credit to lilithlotr.
gasprice.gif

Back