Talk Law & Order Here

Re: Talk Law & Order Here.

I agree the beating Novack took was to awful for words.

Did anyone else notice the shirt Novack was wearing when was talking to Olivia in her office? Kinda stange for someone who tries to convict these people to wear a shirt with "SEX CRIMES" right acroos the front in lettering like you are happy about sex crimes??? CRAZY

Also Tuesday 2 hour SVU
one rerun one new but the episodes tie together. 9-11 pm at least where I live.

RE: Novaks shirt, i think it was to state that she is against Sex crimes and works to prosecute them, look at when she answers the phone, "Sex Crimes, Novak".

Moving on to another Spin-off (no not new) "Criminal Intent" News, reguarding Logan joining with a new Partner.
Source: The Futon Critic
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. -- May 24, 2005 -- Annabella Sciorra ("The Sopranos") joins the cast of NBC's Law & Order: Criminal Intent" as Detective Mike Logan's (Chris Noth) partner, it was announced by creator/executive producer Dick Wolf. Sciorra plays Detective Carolyn Barek, who, along with Logan, alternate with current series stars Vincent D'Onofrio (Detective Robert Goren) and Kathryn Erbe (Detective Alex Eames). The two Major Case Squad detective teams will split the caseloads, with each fronting 11 episodes for the series' fifth season.

In addition, Jamey Sheridan (Capt. James Deakins) and Courtney B. Vance (A.D.A. Ron Carver) are returning and are slated to appear with both detective teams in all the episodes. Law & Order: Criminal Intent airs Sundays, 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT) on NBC.

Sciorra, nominated for an Emmy Award for her portrayal of Tony Soprano's mistress Gloria Trillo on "The Sopranos," also appeared as a defense attorney in the premiere episode of Wolf's Law & Order: Trial By Jury. She has starred in numerous films including "Cop Land," "Jungle Fever," "What Dreams May Come", "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle", "True Love", and "Reversal of Fortune". Her upcoming film releases include "Twelve and Holding" and Sidney Lumet's "Find Me Guilty".

"Annabella is an extremely talented and versatile actress, who has that rare combination of beauty, sex appeal, power and humor. I also anticipate she will have terrific chemistry with Chris," Wolf commented.

Executive producer Rene Balcer added, "Detective Carolyn Barek is a brilliant criminal profiler who ascended from the hardscrabble streets of Brooklyn's Cobble Hill to the highest ranks of the NYPD and beyond, spending two post-9/11 years with the FBI. Barek is as surprising, intuitive and razor-sharp as the talented actress who plays her."

Did anyone see the latest episode of SVU? The one entitled "Goliath"?

It was tooo good for words. Dreadfully sad, with a bit to much politics and law for my taste... but good nonetheless. :D

I was watching some of the Law & Order marathon on the TNT cable channel. The episode that is on right now, "Black, White and Blue," from March 2000, had a defense lawyer that sounded familiar. Mr. Riley was played by Earl Hindman, better known as Wilson W Wilson Jr, the neigbor to Tim "The Toolman" Taylor. In this L&O episode, his whole face was visible. He also played a sheriff on an episode of L&O: CI in January 2002. Sadly, he passed away in December 2003 from lung cancer at age 61.

I used to love Law & Order, but this season there have been so many cast changes-well, it has been one cast change too many for me. I've been a fan of the show since 1995, and I've seen it go from from great to good back to great, but now...it's too different, and this season just has a different feel to it since Elisabeth Rohm left. They just seem to have scaled down some of the really interesting characters.

But there is still L&O:SVU, which has always been strong, and has only become an even stronger show. It can be very intense, but I guess that is to be expected from one of the better crime dramas on TV these days.

So does anyone know any good L&O fansites, particularly for SVU? I kind of want screencaps. Hee.

I found this SNL sketch of Law and Order.I thought this would be the better thread.

ENJOY

Announcer: This fall on NBC, from the creator of "Law & Order", "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit", and "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" comes..

[ Couple spots a parking ticket on their car's windshield ]

Husband: Honey, look.

Wife: Oh, my God!

Husband: No! This isn't happening to me!

Policewoman: It just did.

Announcer: "Law & Order: Parking Violations Unit". There's a new kind of justice on the streets.

[ in second vignette, Policewoman spots a Tow Truck Driver getting ready to tow a vehicle ]

Policewoman: What do you think you're doing?

Tow Truck Driver: I'm taking in this '91 Honda.

Policewoman: This car's got a minute left on the meter.

Tow Truck Driver: Do you see anyone with a shiny quarter in their hand? Nooooo. I'm towing it.

Policewoman: Where does it end, Kurt? Today, a guy’s got one minute. Tomorrow, what is it, two? Three? Where does it end, Kurt? Where does it end?

Announcer: "Law & Order: Parking Violations Unit"

[ next vignette shows Policeman and Policewoman in their squad car ]

Radio: Yeah, 43, we got a double-parked Hyundai blocking a TGIFriday's.

Policeman: 7-4. We're on it.

Announcer: Marking the return of Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff.

[ Adam Schiff is seen walking with his Assistant ]

Adam Schiff: They say he was parked 12 inches from the curb, he says it was 6 inches.

Assistant: He's lying, Adam!

Adam Schiff: The jury's gonna take one look at this guy, the city's gonna be out $25 bucks. Let's cut a deal.

Announcer: In a series critics call "almost better than the second spinoff", and "not quite as good as the third."

[ Policewoman spots a guy parking in a handicapped space ]

Policewoman: Sir, this space is reserved for handicapped parking.

Guy: Oh yeah, I know. [ walks away pretending to be limping ]

Announcer: "Law & Order: Parking Violations Unit". It's time to pay up!

The Cast

Husband.....Will Ferrell
Wife.....Maya Rudolph
Policewoman.....Rachel Dratch
Tow Truck Driver.....Seann William Scott
Policeman.....Horatio Sanz
Adam Schiff.....Darrell Hammond
Assistant.....Amy Poehler
Man.....Tracy Morgan

Just saw the Law & Order episode Savages gret episode.

I was wondering does anybody know who was the Jury Forewoman who read the sentence.

And the sound/music they were playing at the end of the episode was very fitting for the mood, I think it should be used more.

According to the Internet Movie DataBase, Lil Henderson played the Jury Forewoman in the sixth season episode "Savages". She has appeared in four other episodes over the years as various characters. See her list of roles here.

Law & Order SVU Marathon Schedule.
Date: June 26, 2005
Network: USA, Time Zone: EST, Season: 5

01:00 PM CARELESS
02:00 PM SICK
03:00 PM LOWDOWN
04:00 PM CRIMINAL
05:00 PM PAINLESS
06:00 PM BOUND
07:00 PM POISON
08:00 PM HEAD

The issue of TV Guide that just came in the mail has several pages about the Law & Order family of shows. Here are a few facts for its fans:

Ching-ching: The term for the series' trademark sound effect, according to L&O creator Dick Wolf and its composer, Mike Post (who was aiming, he says, to evoke the sound of a slamming jail door). The Associated Press offers "Bee-Bong." Sounds to us like cha-ching. (Dynamo1 note: I say it is Doink Doink.)

432 3/4 hours: That's how long it would take, skipping commercials, to watch every L&O, L&O: SVU, and L&O: CI episode back to back.

John Munch: Richard Belzer's wry conspiracy maven made TV history when he became the first character to appear on six different shows on three different networks! He originated on Homicide: Life on the Street before showing up on L&O, Fox's The X-Files, SVU, Trial by Jury, and UPN's The Beat.

New York Ledger: All the news that's fit to fake: Not only is the ersatz tabloid the L&O franchise's stand-in for the New York Post, it was also the newspaper of record in Wolf's 2000 NBC drama Deadline. (Little known fact about Dynamo1: I delivered the New York Post 40 years ago.)

Year 2010: The point at which L&O will surpass Gunsmoke as the longest-running television drama ever.

Steve Zirnkilton: The man behind the velvety baritone that opens every L&O, SVU, and CI episode with "In the criminal justice system..."

Actress Isabel Gillies guest starred on Law & order (the orginial), in the ep "Bad Girl" which aired on Wednesday April 29, 1998, playing bad girl/killer Monica Summers Aka Monica Johnson.

She proceeded to make L&O her re-occuring home when she made her first guest appearance on L&O SVU as Kathy Stabler (wife of Elliott Stabler) in the ep "Payback" which aired on Monday September 20, 1999, the last ep we seen so far of this actress on this show was "Blood" on Tuesday May 10, 2005.

Interesting how many characters make re-appearances as other characters or on other shows as other people.

Back