"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoilers***

One thing I thought was strange is when they found Nick and got the glass top uncovered, there seemed to be no cracks on it at all. At least from what I could see. It was almost like that never happened. Just a thought but it really isn't a big deal.

Overall, loved it. Even though I felt Nick would come out all right (because my heart couldn't stand it if he didn't!), I was on the edge of my seat.

GE did a FINE job.

Warrick really seemed distressed - like kicking the bottle of stuff toward Greg.

Greg seemed like a kid who wasn't sure what to do with his emotions (I had a teenager in my family die & I, too, didn't have a clue how to react) so that seemed real to me.

Knew Catherine would get the money from Sam. Didn't see a need for the cameos, but they were kinda cool. Didn't know Gorshin had died!!!

Cool of Ecklie to show some sensitivity. Didn't know he had it in him. Surprised.

Didn't get the point of "Trigger".
Didn't get the point of playing "Dukes of Hazzard"????

What's behind Nick's dad in the autopsy room? My heart stopped for those 2 seconds that I thought Nick might've died.

Liked that Gris read Nick's lips and that they didn't tell us what he said (although we can guess).

Don't know that I would've let the parents see Nick like that. I would've major lost it if I'd been his mom. Sounded sorta like his dad thought it was "Pancho"'s fault - "What have you gotten yourself into?"

Never could really see the bad guy's face -- although I've learned it was John Saxon that got blown up. That was creepy.

And it should've ended with "I want my guys back." No point to the prison daughter scene. Although GE's emotions were touching.

Posted by midnight_tiptoes:
500 people viewing the forum. Jeez!

In the past two days, there have been more people viewing the forum than I've ever seen. And that's during the day! There were 500 viewing last night? WOW! :D

I looked, and there are 140 people viewing right now! :)

WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

i checked this morning, just couldn't go through the day without knowing....

boy oh boy, i haven't even seen it yet and i am... seems to be some dust in my eyes....

it's me birthday on sunday, what an awesome gift (yeah i know, i don't ask for much do i)

so we're all happy and we're all good. except, baba, where are you? someone check the hospitals....

My two bits on the whole thing:
  • Tarentino did a decent job on the episode. The only scene that I was iffy about was Nick and Warrick's dialogue in the locker room. (I liked the nod to the fake head in the first episode with Grissom and the two heads).
  • The autopsy hallucination scene has gotten mixed reactions, but I liked it, and actually, it made sense, as what was going through Nick's head was probably along the lines of "I'm about to die. They're going to do an autopsy on me, and it's going to be Doc Robbins doing the autopsy."
    And cue the macabre humor.
  • Oh... my... god... Every bad thing I have ever said about Ecklie, all the hate, all of it. I take it back.
  • The sherrif, whoever he is, can eat (insert toxic material of choice) and die.
  • I'd re-watched the episode of the new Doctor Who titled "World War Three" a few days ago, and I kept thinking of the "narrows it down" scene when they were trying to figure out where Nick was buried.
  • OT: William Peterson would make a great Doctor.
  • I was glad we got to see another side of Hodges.
  • Frank Gorshin was so funny in this episode. He will be missed.
  • This episode was very, very good at constantly ramping up the tension, while still keeping the criminalistics in play (because in the long run, that's what the show is about).

Ok, that was a good episode...but i just realized how much crazy/insane ideas(but good and entertaining) go through Quentin T. head. Holy crap, definetly had us on suspense here.
I totally thought when Cat and Warrick were diggin' that they were gonna find Nick, 'cause at the same time we see a shot of Nick saying "i'm here" then they dig up a dead dog. I was like "C'mon!"
That episode was definetly cinical, seeing Nick being devoured by ants.(I hate bugs now, more then ever)I totally had the creeps, and 'des frissons' And Nick imagining himself being on the autopsy table and seeing his guts being taking out, and Dr. Al taking pleasure in it.

Holy crap, poor Nick, he's definetly gonna need some theraphy. I thought it took it all pretty well. If it was me, i know i would have died already, just seeing those damn ants.

Finally, a decent episode. I love Q.T's way of thinking. Heh. I like the autopsy "dream". When Doc passes the liver to David-"He won't be needing this anymore." Hee.

I busted out laughing when they jerked Nick out of the hole.I guess dumping the dirt when they pulled helped deflect the explosion a bit.

OK I have finally recovered from just saying "Wow" about the whole thing. I actually have a few thoughts now.

the Dukes of Hazzard game at the beginning was totallly Tarantino. That was great!.

The Autopsy hallucination scene was totally Tarantino as well. Loved it!

Am I the only person that laughed when Nicky woke up in his plexi-coffin and bonked his head on the lid, twice?!

I have liked Hodges since the beginning and now I feel vendicated. Hodges kicks booty!

As for the ending, nicky going to the prison was a totally Nicky thing to do, but it was also a very QT ending. If it were me, I would have ended it with Grissom saying "Iwant my guys back", but that it why I don't direct. :)

Posted by lament:
I'm going to need to rewatch before I make any detailed comments, but here are some thoughts:

-I disagree with everyone who said Grissom showed no emotions. I thought WP did a great job of showing Grissom's quiet angst. The scene where he called Nick "Pancho" and laid his hands on Nick's...wow.

Agreed. Grissom is not the type to get all weepy. More to point, be wasn't going to let himself get upset, because that would interfer with his ability to do his Job. The thing that came across to me the was his determination to do everything he could to make sure Nick didn't die. And the scene where he watching Nick on the screen as the younger man records his goodbyes, that was very well done. You could also see his pain at this near tragady at the end with his simple demand. "I want my guys back." That to me said more any crying or overt worriing ever could, at least on Grissoms part.

-Warrick was phenomenal. :D :D for Warrick emotion.

Right. Warrick would show emotion. He is more the type to do it. We know when he is fustrated, when he is ticked or even as in this episode scared. I loved watching him as Nick pulled out the gun and shot it. You see all sorts of emotions(shock, anger, grief) play across his face in a few seconds before he realized that Nick had shot the light... And it worked perfectly with Grission stotic/reserved way of dealing with the crisis.

-I thought the ambulance scene was very symbolic of the shift split. Cath and Warrick jump into the ambulance unquestioned, while Grissom and the others were forced to watch.

That was well done. I really felt sorry for Grissom then. For one of first times I wanted someone to shove Catherine out of the back of the ambulance and Gris to go with him to the hospital. It felt right that Warrick was there, they are best buds and all, but Catherine, even if she is their boss, felt, almost like an inturder...

I can't belive I just read EVERY single post in this thread!

Yea, I wanted to post last night, but I don't think I would've been able to form any coherrant (SP?) thoughts (not to mention that the computer was shut off :p)

Anyway, overall I thought the show was absolutely stellar! Besides my slight dissapointment with the ending at the jail (I got over it easily, mind you), I thought that this episode was the best I've seen, hands down!

Nick: AMAZING! *speachless* What can I say? There is only so much a person can endure, and only for so long. But Nicky, he was strong and kept it together as best as he could. His reaction was so realistic; the realization, the breakdown, all of it. He kept his wits about him (ie. the light/fan connection, how to deal with the ants, etc.). But when it came right down to the wire, when the time is up and the fan stopped running, the real desperation kicked in... It was so real. I really could go on about ever single detail, but I'm at a loss for words right now, not to mention it would probably take me half the day just to typ it all. But one of the most truly touching moments, when the lid was opened and he reached for Grissom and just cried. I completely lost it. Not to mention, just moments before, his interation with Grissom through the plexiglass. I'm just astounded, totaly amazed! :D

Grissom: Absolutely Amazing! His character is not overtly emotional, and this episode is no different. While he didn't express his emotions, it was quite clear through his actions. I especially loved the Nick/Grissom scene at the end, the way Grissom spoke to him like a father would to a frightened child. *speachless* It was just awesome! :D

Catherine: Very pleased! She put her pride and "I'm the boss" attitude aside and showed us the pure, raw emotional side. I loved how she comforted and calmed Warrick in the warehouse. And calling to Nick through the ventilation pipe, telling him to hold on! Great job! :)

Warrick: Oh god, Warrick! *sob* Amazing, just plain amazing! Totally tortured over his best friend's predicament. And what a way to turn on the water works in the warehouse. Oh! And when he saw Nick holding the gun via the live feed, and thinking Nick killed himself! :eek: Wicked!

Sara: You could tell she was trying to keep it all together, like her usual self. But those little points during the show (ie. the interview with Walter's daughter, and the water fountain scene), they realy showed her worry and concern for Nick. It was just great! :)

Greg: Aww, Greggo was getting some heat from Warrick in the warehouse. But he was trying his best, trying to stay calm and rational, and he was so incrediably mature! I'm so pleased! He was dealing with his emotions and putting all his energy into processing the evidence to help Nick instead of wasting it. Good Job Greggo! ;)

Brass: For what little we saw of him, He was awesome! He chewed that officer out, and I love his line "You're not supposed to take your eyes off him, EVER!" And not to mention, ramming through that door! So cool! :)

Hodges: Ah my... I have a love/hate relationship with Hodges. When we first saw him, he was a total prick, a huge suck-up. But he has grown on me. I loved the scene with him and Greg playing the board game, it was just funny. And I loved his quick thinking when it came to trace on the package, and the explosives under the coffin. Good Job, Hodges! :)

Ecklie: Can I just say that Ecklie has totally redeemed himself in my eyes? I can't belive how human he was. He talked to Archie sensibly, gave Grissom and Co. his total support, offered to take the heat in order to make the randsom. Seriously, all I can say is "wow". I can only hope he'll keep this up and reunite the teams. :)

Honorable Mentions: Dave (poor Dave, with the guilt of not being there sooner), Doc Robbins, Archie, Mia... All were excellent. :)

Whew! Wow, I never expected to write this much. I guess after watching the episode twice in a row last night and replaying the last 30 mins another two times, then waiting till today to post, I can finally gather my thoughts and express them clearly. :D

Overall, I loved this episode. I thought it was incredible, totally worth the hype.

My hopes for next season: That this ordeal won't just be forgotten. That they will play off it. Maybe change how some of the character react to one another (ie. Ecklie's new good-natured self, Grissom's quiet fatherly affection for Nick... etc.) But we can only wait and see, and hope they deliver! :D

~Cheryl~

BTW, did anyone else notice how everyone started referring to Nick as "Nicky" (the nickname that was frequently used in the earlier seasons)? I thought that that was just one little thing that spoke volumes about their affection for him. :D

Re: go TQ!

OMG. I'm soooo jealous. i've just read the episode and i Can't beleave i will not see it till next year. ireland haven't finish series four yet, in fact they have 3 episodes left and there not even showing any episodes. so in fact there is no csi shown in ireland at the moment and i don't know if they will ever show an episode again. :mad:

That was well done. I really felt sorry for Grissom then. For one of first times I wanted someone to shove Catherine out of the back of the ambulance and Gris to go with him to the hospital. It felt right that Warrick was there, they are best buds and all, but Catherine, even if she is their boss, felt, almost like an inturder...

I felt the same exact way! :) I was waiting for Grissom to get in the ambulance beside Warrick, but Catherine pushed her way in. I think they should have had some sort scene between Grissom and Nick to the end the season. He is sort of like his dad, with Nick always trying to please Grissom, and Nick not feeling like he lived up to Grissoms expectations.

Dudes!!!! Best. Episode. Ever!!!
:(I felt so bad for poor Nicky!! He was all freaking out and stuff. :(

By far, my favorite part was the ending.

Grissom: Poncho! Put your hand on my hand!

:D That was so awesome. It was a real Grissom - Nick bonding moment. :p :D

Wow, it has taken me all this time to read through all these posts! Yowza. Plus, I'm at work so... ;)

OK, so yeah, I loved it! Hell yeah! My faith in George's performance was not unfounded. The man had me utterly convinced that he was in terror, pain, anquish.. the whole damn shooting match. Fantastic, that's all I can say! :D

I thought everyone performed extremely well and Tarantino did a great job of keeping them in character. Evryone was spot on... Plus I bet "Doc and David" had a blast acting out that autopsy scene. It must have been hard not to burst out laughing at the goofiness of it all.

And I loved all the Tarantino moments: the conversation bt/n Warrick and Nick in the locker room, the board game, the Roy Rodgers bit... all of it. He has a way of making ordinary moments in life interesting. The dude's got MAD talent!

The two moments where I felt myself losing it were, when they first saw Nick through the live feed, and that music was palying in the background; the looks on their faces, man... so moving. I honestly welled up and my roommate was laughing at me! What a BI-ATCH! :lol:

Second, when Grissom put his hand on the glass... that whole bit. SO AMAZING!

And overall, I loved Warrick in this episode. He finally got to show his stuff and man was I freakin' impressed. Next to George Ead's performance, Gary Dourdan's was next up on the "wow" meter for me.

I'm glad Ecklie and Hodges got their moments too. I've been warming to them both all season.

For all of those who think Grissom read Nick's lips to find out his nickname, that's wrong. Nick's dad had a moment when he was with Grissom where he ran his hands through his hair and said something like, "Oh Pancho... What have you gotten yourself into?"

Man, I am just so happy with that episode. It was fan-freakin'-tastic.

My only regret? I wish I hadn't watched those "Nick in the coffin" spoilers beforehand. While I was still moved by his performance at the time, I think I would have been more blown away if I'd waited. As it was, I cried all my tears for those parts last week! :lol:

TWO THUMBS UP, people! WAY UP! :D

I LOVED the Doc n' David scene :lol: :lol: :lol: I was ROTFL....my mom thought I had gone insane.

Me: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My mom:
20.gif
27.gif

Me: *stifling giggles*

Back