Season 16 ?

With Grissom missing from Vegas for over 2 seasons, Sara better not be pregnant! :D
There haven't been any reports about the rest of the cast; apparently they want all the hype to be about Grissom and Catherine more than anything else.

I hope they'll reveal who's back or not...

I highly doubt Gary Dourdan will return. In fact I'm almost certain.
I'm sure the finale will be in real time... which will require a lot of good writing, something they haven't been great at recently.

As nervous as I am for this finale, I'm also excited at the chance to see my first OTP on screen again (as well as the original cast in general) It's been 15 years and I'm hoping to enjoy the nostalgia of it all... It's just impossible to think how they're actually going to pull any of it off

:confused:

Last edited:
Video(s) at the link. (It takes me 10 minutes to load the page on this computer so I can't watch them!)

Marg Helgenberger on Returning for 'CSI' Farewell: 'One More for the Road'

Fans of CSI will have one last chance to say goodbye to their favorite forensic team.

CBS made it official last week when it announced that the long-running crime procedural would end after 15 seasons with a two-hour send-off in the fall – but it was news that original stars William Petersen and Marg Helgenberger that had loyal viewers rejoicing!

ET caught up with Helgenberger during Monday’s CBS Summer Press Day at The London Hotel in West Hollywood to get the scoop on what fans can expect come September – and to reflect on the breakthrough series.

“CSI was one of the best experiences I've ever had career-wise. Talk about a phenomenon,” Helgenberger, who next stars as an anthropologist in CBS summer drama Under the Dome, told ET. “Besides its success and it being an innovative show in its day, it was an incredible group of people.”

Helgenberger, who departed CSI in season 12, reflected on the show’s legacy and why it was a no-brainer for her to reprise her role as Catherine Willows.

“The show was so unique when it came out and it spawned all the spinoffs and other [similar] series,” she said. “I just thought, ‘Why not come back and experience that one last time?’ One more for the road with this group of people.”

She won’t be the only original castmember returning for CSI’s swan song. Petersen, who left after season nine, will also be back as Gil Grissom. Helgenberger revealed that Petersen will be contributing to the story as well.

“I'm eager to see what this script will be because Billy [William] Petersen is apparently working with Anthony Zuiker, who created the show, on the story,” Helgenberger said. “Billy's got great taste and he's a smart guy. I'm happy to get in the ring with him because it's been a long time.”

CSI’s two-hour swan song airs Sunday, Sept. 27 on CBS.

Susan

I highly doubt Gary Dourdan will return. In fact I'm almost certain.
I'm sure the finale will be in real time... which will require a lot of good writing, something they haven't been great at recently.

As nervous as I am for this finale, I'm also excited at the chance to see my first OTP on screen again (as well as the original cast in general) It's been 15 years and I'm hoping to enjoy the nostalgia of it all... It's just impossible to think how they're actually going to pull any of it off

:confused:
This is why I hope its written by Goldfinger

Petersen and zuiker can do story I hope written by the best of the best! I would want Fink directing too but its Cannon.

From what I've read it will be co-written by Anthony Zuiker and Ann Donahue and directed by Danny Cannon. Zuiker and Cannon are writer and director of "Pilot" which is most likely why they're writing and directing this last one (first ep -- last ep).

And I'll believe Nick is in it when I see more proof than a tweet asking how we want Nick's story to end - technically his story has ended, he's supervisor in San Diego.

Susan

From what I've read it will be co-written by Anthony Zuiker and Ann Donahue and directed by Danny Cannon. Zuiker and Cannon are writer and director of "Pilot" which is most likely why they're writing and directing this last one (first ep -- last ep).

And I'll believe Nick is in it when I see more proof than a tweet asking how we want Nick's story to end - technically his story has ended, he's supervisor in San Diego.

Susan

I get the symmetry and sentimental factor but also the fact that they were at the root level of creating the phenomenon! Their involvement is nice but when they weren't involved Goldfinger, Shankar and Fink did such great work!

My personal hope for Nick's story is that he comes back to help with the case telling everyone the SD job is fine, Cath senses something is off but the case heats up and can't ask about it. Meanwhile Nick gets multiple calls and texts he ignores. Jump to Ecklie later, his phone rings and it's John Nolan telling him Nick quit and he wasn't answering calls or texts. Russell has a decision to make concerning taking a job with Avery Ryan's team and Charlie moving to Indiana to play ball.

In the end the case is solved, Russell takes the job leaving the Supervisor position open.

Ecklie and Russell talk to Nick about why he quit, Nick admits he hates sitting behind a desk doing paperwork sixteen hours a day. When he was with them his goal was to be Supervisor one day but when Russell was brought in then Finn Nick knew he'd never get that job so he took the SD one rather than be a level 3 until he retired.

What are his plans now? Find a job as a level 3 or assistant supervisor somewhere he guesses.

His former bosses exchange a look...

In the break room or somewhere, Sara and Grissom announce they are back together and Gris is teaching forensics at WLVU.

Ecklie, Russell and Nick walk in, Russell announces he's leaving.

Who's taking over?

They look at Finn who says she doesn't want the job.
Ecklie says he already hired someone.

Cath looks at Nick who's wearing a small smile and puts it together.

"Nicky!" She smiles.

Everyone wants to know about the SD job which Nick tells them he quit.

"I'm back." He grins and shrugs.

"Thank God we won't have to break someone in." Hodges snarks.

Everyone but the original team, and Greg, depart.
"The gangs all here." Greg smiles.

"Not all." Nick answers.

Montage of their years (including GD) then back to present.

Cath says she hungry and she's buying and they all head out to breakfast.

Scenario 2: Nick says he's fine, the job is fine, etc.

Cath isn't buying it, knowing him so well, he admits he hates the job and jumped at the chance to come back to Vegas and work a case again.

Russell confides in her that he's been offered the chance to work with Avery Ryan and Charlie wants to go to Indiana to play ball and he and Barbara are discussing it but he doesn't want to leave the team without guidance.

Cath goes to Ecklie who says he can't give the position to Finn, she's a loose cannon, Sara and Grissom are back
together and their marriage comes first, Morgan and Greg don't have enough experience...

"I know the perfect person and he's right here and he hates his new job." She smiles.

Jump ahead to everyone together, Russell announces he's
leaving and they wonder who's taking over.

"I've tentatively hired someone." Ecklie looks at Nick to everyone but Catherine's surprise.

"Congratulation's Nicky, you're not cut out to be a director." Grissom nods.

"Gil!" Sara rebukes.

"I merely meant that it's a desk job and the Nick I know is happiest in the field, that's where you feel you make a difference."

"You're right Gris. I hate being chained to a desk sixteen hours a day."

"I think this is a good time to invite you all to breakfast one last time." Russell smiles and they all leave together.

In both scenario's everyone, Brass, Doc, David, etc are all present.

GSR is intact and George (Nick) ends up as Supervisor as he'd always envisioned.

That would make me :)

Back