Season 16 ?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by blackflag, May 8, 2015.

1. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

I hope they'll reveal who's back or not...

2. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

That's where they lost the most substantial amount of viewers.

3. whennow

whennow Dead on Arrival

When William Peterson left he took 5 million viewers with him! These people never returned!

4. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Marg posted on Twitter, saying, "Yeah, baby! What fun it'll be to solve another crime with this crew," with a pic showing Jim, Doc, Warrick, Gil, Sarah, Catherine, Nick & Greg.

https://twitter.com/MargHelgen/status/598499990474887168

5. whennow

whennow Dead on Arrival

When she posted that because of warrick I wondered if it would take place between 2000 and 2008

6. JorjaFoxFan

I highly doubt Gary Dourdan will return. In fact I'm almost certain.
    I'm sure the finale will be in real time... which will require a lot of good writing, something they haven't been great at recently.

As nervous as I am for this finale, I'm also excited at the chance to see my first OTP on screen again (as well as the original cast in general) It's been 15 years and I'm hoping to enjoy the nostalgia of it all... It's just impossible to think how they're actually going to pull any of it off

:confused:

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Video(s) at the link. (It takes me 10 minutes to load the page on this computer so I can't watch them!)

Marg Helgenberger on Returning for 'CSI' Farewell: 'One More for the Road'

Susan

8. whennow

whennow Dead on Arrival

This is why I hope its written by Goldfinger

9. whennow

whennow Dead on Arrival

Petersen and zuiker can do story I hope written by the best of the best! I would want Fink directing too but its Cannon.

10. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

11. JorjaFoxFan

I would be so happy if Goldfinger was involved in writing the finale.. I love how Zuiker has so much enthusiasm to be back.

This is fantastic!

12. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

From what I've read it will be co-written by Anthony Zuiker and Ann Donahue and directed by Danny Cannon. Zuiker and Cannon are writer and director of "Pilot" which is most likely why they're writing and directing this last one (first ep -- last ep).

And I'll believe Nick is in it when I see more proof than a tweet asking how we want Nick's story to end - technically his story has ended, he's supervisor in San Diego.

Susan

13. whennow

whennow Dead on Arrival

I get the symmetry and sentimental factor but also the fact that they were at the root level of creating the phenomenon! Their involvement is nice but when they weren't involved Goldfinger, Shankar and Fink did such great work!

14. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

My personal hope for Nick's story is that he comes back to help with the case telling everyone the SD job is fine, Cath senses something is off but the case heats up and can't ask about it. Meanwhile Nick gets multiple calls and texts he ignores. Jump to Ecklie later, his phone rings and it's John Nolan telling him Nick quit and he wasn't answering calls or texts. Russell has a decision to make concerning taking a job with Avery Ryan's team and Charlie moving to Indiana to play ball.

In the end the case is solved, Russell takes the job leaving the Supervisor position open.

Ecklie and Russell talk to Nick about why he quit, Nick admits he hates sitting behind a desk doing paperwork sixteen hours a day. When he was with them his goal was to be Supervisor one day but when Russell was brought in then Finn Nick knew he'd never get that job so he took the SD one rather than be a level 3 until he retired.

What are his plans now? Find a job as a level 3 or assistant supervisor somewhere he guesses.

His former bosses exchange a look...

In the break room or somewhere, Sara and Grissom announce they are back together and Gris is teaching forensics at WLVU.

Ecklie, Russell and Nick walk in, Russell announces he's leaving.

Who's taking over?

They look at Finn who says she doesn't want the job.
    Ecklie says he already hired someone.

Cath looks at Nick who's wearing a small smile and puts it together.

"Nicky!" She smiles.

Everyone wants to know about the SD job which Nick tells them he quit.

"I'm back." He grins and shrugs.

"Thank God we won't have to break someone in." Hodges snarks.

Everyone but the original team, and Greg, depart.
    "The gangs all here." Greg smiles.

"Not all." Nick answers.

Montage of their years (including GD) then back to present.

Cath says she hungry and she's buying and they all head out to breakfast.

Scenario 2: Nick says he's fine, the job is fine, etc.

Cath isn't buying it, knowing him so well, he admits he hates the job and jumped at the chance to come back to Vegas and work a case again.

Russell confides in her that he's been offered the chance to work with Avery Ryan and Charlie wants to go to Indiana to play ball and he and Barbara are discussing it but he doesn't want to leave the team without guidance.

Cath goes to Ecklie who says he can't give the position to Finn, she's a loose cannon, Sara and Grissom are back
    together and their marriage comes first, Morgan and Greg don't have enough experience...

"I know the perfect person and he's right here and he hates his new job." She smiles.

Jump ahead to everyone together, Russell announces he's
    leaving and they wonder who's taking over.

"I've tentatively hired someone." Ecklie looks at Nick to everyone but Catherine's surprise.

"Congratulation's Nicky, you're not cut out to be a director." Grissom nods.

"Gil!" Sara rebukes.

"I merely meant that it's a desk job and the Nick I know is happiest in the field, that's where you feel you make a difference."

"You're right Gris. I hate being chained to a desk sixteen hours a day."

"I think this is a good time to invite you all to breakfast one last time." Russell smiles and they all leave together.

In both scenario's everyone, Brass, Doc, David, etc are all present.

GSR is intact and George (Nick) ends up as Supervisor as he'd always envisioned.

That would make me :)

15. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Finn is lying in a hospital bed unconscious, so your scenarios won't work.