Season 7 Spoiler Discussion part 2 - Fighting Crime In Gotham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ne-Yo to Play a Stylish Hit Man on CSI: NY

He sings, he dances, he writes music – and now, Ne-Yo is going to act.

The R&B star, who had a role in Stomp the Yard 2, will appear on an episode of CSI: NY, a rep at the CBS show confirms exclusively to PEOPLE.

"Ne-Yo will be playing a professional hit man who doesn't fit the usual image of a hired killer," the rep says. "This guy carries himself with elegant style but a violent efficiency."

The episode is scheduled to air in February 2011 and there are plans to feature music from Ne-Yo's latest album, Libra Scale.

CSI: NY, which has hosted Kim Kardashian in a past episode, airs Fridays (9 p.m. ET) on CBS.

@ People

Guess we're back to the stunt-casting. :rolleyes:

Ne-Yo to Play a Stylish Hit Man on CSI: NY

He sings, he dances, he writes music – and now, Ne-Yo is going to act.

The R&B star, who had a role in Stomp the Yard 2, will appear on an episode of CSI: NY, a rep at the CBS show confirms exclusively to PEOPLE.

"Ne-Yo will be playing a professional hit man who doesn't fit the usual image of a hired killer," the rep says. "This guy carries himself with elegant style but a violent efficiency."

The episode is scheduled to air in February 2011 and there are plans to feature music from Ne-Yo's latest album, Libra Scale.

CSI: NY, which has hosted Kim Kardashian in a past episode, airs Fridays (9 p.m. ET) on CBS.

@ People

Guess we're back to the stunt-casting. :rolleyes:

What is it with NY casting rappers/singers? What about actual actors? I mean, what about Sam Jones III or J. August Richards or Leonard Roberts. Although if they're gonna do stunt casting, why not cast someone like Usher? At least I'm familiar with him. I've only heard the name Ne-Yo in passing. I wouldn't know him if I saw him. :lol:

I guess NY really needs some attention for some ratings boost. Anyway we'll see how Ne-Yo performs. Nelly was good in his role as Terrence.

I actually like the idea of casting other people every once and a while. I mean, yes, Kim Kardashian was in no way going to win an oscar or anything. She wasn't that great.

But look at Nelly. I mean, yeah, he's a rapper, but I think he does very well as Terrence. I've always enjoyed seeing him guest star on the show. Taylor Swift did fine on the original CSI also. I'm a fan of Ne-Yo and I think he'll do a good job. I've seen him act before and he was pretty good.

The guy from Train, whose name I can't think of now, did pretty well also. I think it just depends on who it is. KK is not necessarily the best representation. :lol:

I actually like the idea of casting other people every once and a while. I mean, yes, Kim Kardashian was in no way going to win an oscar or anything. She wasn't that great.

Me too. It adds some excitement once in a while. I thought Kim Kardashian wasn't bad at all for starters. Vanessa Minnillo did great in that episode though. Lala Vasquez had one scene with Stella/Flack but it was quite fun.

The guy from Train, whose name I can't think of now, did pretty well also. I think it just depends on who it is. KK is not necessarily the best representation. :lol:

He's Pat Monahan. He did pretty good too. I like Train's two songs featured on the episode. I thought they fit in well with the theme.

Judging by the spoilers, it sounds like he'll be the killer in 7.14 "Smooth Criminal". A singer playing a ~smooth criminal~, lol. /dork

(Dangit, now that song is back in my head. :lol:)

Hawkes. Love interest. Need I say more?!

Can we get some non-Danny-and-Lindsay scoop from CSI: NY, please? — Jacob
ADAM:
Looks like the long-promised love interest for Dr. Sheldon Hawkes will finally make an appearance. Described as a sexy nurse, she is an old friend. When she's fired for telling patients that her employer has been peddling contaminated pharmaceuticals, her blabbing ends up getting her kidnapped by a suave hit man played by R&B star Ne-Yo. Hope Hawkes is feeling extra heroic.

Hawkes. Love interest. Need I say more?!

Can we get some non-Danny-and-Lindsay scoop from CSI: NY, please? — Jacob
ADAM: Looks like the long-promised love interest for Dr. Sheldon Hawkes will finally make an appearance. Described as a sexy nurse, she is an old friend. When she's fired for telling patients that her employer has been peddling contaminated pharmaceuticals, her blabbing ends up getting her kidnapped by a suave hit man played by R&B star Ne-Yo. Hope Hawkes is feeling extra heroic.

They'll probably kill her off in the episode and then say, "See, we gave Hawkes a love interest just like we promised." :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back