Season 7 Spoiler Discussion part 2 - Fighting Crime In Gotham

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

(LOL I agonized over a dang title for this thread. I hope this one will do. Am I correct in thinking that NYC is 'Gotham' and it's only 'Gotham City' in Batman?)

The last spoiler discussion thread reached 1000 posts, so I thought I'd bring over what I have and start a new one. :)

Here we go:

7.09 "Justified":
    ~ There are two victims. One body was definitely buried, and it was discovered when someone tried to dig it up. (I'm not sure if the other body was buried nearby, or if they are just working on two separate cases in this episode.)

~ One woman was stabbed to death 15 years ago (and buried in Central Park). The other was beaten and then shot recently.

~ They are able to identify the killer of the woman who was beaten - an old boyfriend made good on his promise to kill her if she ever tried to run away from him. He found out she was back in town, so he went to find her. She pulled out a gun to defend herself, but he got it away from her. After he beat her, he used the gun to shoot her.

~ The other victim (the one that has been dead for 15 years) is identified as Chief Carver's sister Roni. She was stabbed in Central Park and then buried, and the murder weapon was buried with her.

~ Danny and Flack have a good scene when they go to pick up the guy who beat his girlfriend to death. They get a little roughed up in the process, though. ;)

~ I see mention of everybody but Sid. (That's not to say he isn't there, but I'm not sure if they're rotating people this season - I hope he'll be there, though. It just makes sense for the storyline since they have two victims, and one of them has been dead for more than a decade.)​

7.10 "Shop Till You Drop"
    :
    ~ It looks like Mac and Jo are outside of a department store, and the owner is about to unveil the holiday window display in front of the store. Mac moves off to stop a pickpocket in the crowd, but the real crime is revealed when the curtain moves back to reveal the winter wonderland scene - complete with a dead body.

~ The victim is the store manager, Dave. He was struck in the head by one of the heavy iron arms from a display snowman. The team finds a broken USB connector near the body, and there's burnt skin on one of the display lights that could belong to their killer.

~ Danny and Jo follow a trail of shoe prints to the makeup counter - Danny seems uncomfortable in this ladies zone ;), but he spots a blood smear on the counter and swabs it. The CSIs ask the woman behind the counter, Tracy, if she saw anybody come by. She says she wouldn't have noticed Dave or anybody else because they were giving away free beauty kits, and it was absolute chaos. They thank her and move on their way, planning to ask for the surveillance camera pointed at the makeup counter - but not before Danny asks for one of the free makeup kits to give to Lindsay.

~ Jo finds a woman named Alena in the dressing rooms - she's upset, and she has scrapes and bruises that indicate she was involved in a struggle. Jo asks if she killed Dave, but Alena insists that he did it to himself. She finally admits that Dave tried to hurt her and she fought back. It looks like self-defense.

~ I saw everybody but Sid mentioned. (As usual, this doesn't necessarily mean anything, and he could still be there.)​

7.11 (Untitled for now)
    :
    ~ The episode opens with a clown buying some balloons and heading to a birthday party. A caterer, Gino, is setting things up for a kid's sixth birthday. The clown walks in, hands the balloons to Gino - and shoots him in the chest.

~ When the cops arrive, they chase the clown around the corner - and discover a bunch of identical clowns on the street. When the cops talk to the clowns, they say there was an ad online. Anybody who showed up on that street (dressed as a clown) at exactly eleven o'clock would get $500 for passing out flyers. They'd get extra if they looked just like the clown in the ad.

~ Mac and Jo visit the man in charge of the clown registry and get the name and address of the guy with that particular face makeup: Stan.

~ When Danny and Flack go to Stan's apartment, they hesitate for a moment. They remember back to a scene in 7.09 when they went to pick a guy up and ran into some trouble. ;) They don't want a repeat of that situation. Luckily, Stan isn't a threat to them. In fact, he's bound and gagged inside the apartment. He tells Danny and Flack that he opened his door that morning, and a guy barged in and pointed a gun at him. He asked how much Stan would make for the day - when Stan said $200, the intruder dropped two $100 bills and knocked Stan out. When he came to, his clown costume was gone.

~ Fingerprints lead to a man named Bobby - Flack doesn't believe Bobby would be involved in something like this. He was a nice guy who ended up as a confidential informant, and then he was put into witness protection and sent out of state.

~ When the NYPD starts looking into a man in witness protection, an FBI agent comes calling. Jo leaves before the man can approach her and Mac - it's her ex-husband, Russ. Russ comes to find her later and says she looks good. He hasn't seen her since she moved to New York, and he asks her again why they're separated. She says they're divorced because they weren't compatible, and he wanted a wife while she wanted a career. Also, he wanted her to take his name, and Jo Josephson just wouldn't work. :p

~ I see everybody but Sid.​

7.12 "Holding Cell"
    :
    ~ A club promoter and Spanish expatriate named Miguel was stabbed three times. His girlfriend, Valeria, went to his apartment and found the door open. His body was on the floor, and his empty wallet was on the floor beside him.

~ Valeria is from Madrid, so she goes to the Spanish Consulate. There is a man there named Hector - he is very protective of Valeria when Mac comes to talk to her. Hector also spends time with Mac throughout the investigation. It looks like he works at a crime lab in Spain (or he used to).

~ Miguel's mother Ophelia is a powerful woman in Spain. She comes to the crime lab and asks if she can take her son's body home. Mac promises to make the call himself.

~ When they go to Miguel's club to ask questions, Danny and Flack see a man (Leonard) acting suspiciously. He's putting some sort of liquid from an eye drop bottle into a glass with shavings from a pill. When they confront him, Leonard knocks glasses off a high top table so broken glass flies at Danny and Flack - when they duck away from the glass, Leonard makes a run for it. There's a room in the club that has nozzles of some sort, and Leonard turns several of them on and uses a lighter to set the vapors on fire. Flames are shooting out of the valves now, and several club goers catch on fire. Flack runs after Leonard while Danny rushes to turn off the valves and grab a fire extinguisher to put out the flames. Flack catches Leonard, and Danny helps handcuff him.

~ The eye drop bottle Leonard was using is filled with chemicals - they match chemical burns found on the victim's clothing. Leonard explains that he takes the chemicals to clubs and uses them to test drugs so party-goers know whether or not they actually got what they paid for. If they're going to do drugs, they should at least know what they're taking. The drops got onto Miguel's clothes during a struggle when Miguel was trying to kick Leonard out of the club.

~ Sid rushes up to Mac in the hallway - the mortuary that prepared Miguel's body called him and said the embalming process may have revealed some new evidence. However, Ophelia took the body before the mortuary could call Sid, and they're on their way to the airport. Mac rushes to the airport as they are preparing to put Miguel's body on the plane. He tells Ophelia that they need to look at her son's body one last time, but she just wants to take her son home and end this nightmare...

~ I see everybody but Hawkes and Adam. That doesn't mean they aren't there, but those are the ones I don't see.​

7.13 "Party Down"

~ There's some sort of incident that almost kills a group of people. There's at least one casualty: a young woman named Victoria. It looks like her father (Anthony) might be in the mob or something.

~ Anthony wants justice for his daughter's death - and he isn't concerned about interfering in the CSIs' investigation.

~ There's a Japanese artist (Akiko) who designed some sort of invitation - they are able to identify her as the artist because she puts her own blood in the ink. Flack and Jo go to talk to her, and she's in the middle of a living art installation. There are six nearly-nude models standing side-by-side as the artist paints on them. As Jo leads Akiko away to question her, Flack offers a flirtatious hello to one of the models. ;)

~ I don't see Hawkes, Adam or Sid - but since there's so little to go on, that doesn't mean much.

ETA: More information:

~ There are 20+ people partying in the back of a tractor trailer. The trailer crashes and ends up in the river. Water is rushing in, and the people inside can't get the main door open. One of the guys is able to get the escape hatch open, and most of them are able to get out. There are at least two victims, however, including Victoria.

~ It turns out the main door of the trailer was locked - the crash was no accident. There's also no sign of the driver.

~ A young woman named Jessica comes to the precinct. Victoria was her friend, and she wasn't even supposed to be at the party - Jessica got the invitation. She gives the team her invitation (which was made by Akiko), and they figure out that only a few of the party-goers had invitations like that. The team wonders if they were the intended targets and tries to find connections between them.

~ Sid and Hawkes are there. Still no sign of Adam.​

7.15 "Vigilante":

~ A man named Garland Clarke is found dead in a warehouse. It's the same warehouse where a rapist left his victims after kidnapping and assaulting them in the back of a van. They're able to identify Clarke as the rapist, and they bring in his victims to figure out if one of them is responsible.

~ It looks like Jo and Lindsay will have the most connection with the victims (which makes sense).

~ I see everybody but Sid mentioned.​

Miscellaneous
    :

~ According to TVGuide.com, David James Elliott (JAG) has been cast to play Russ Josephson, Jo Danville's ex-husband and the father of her college-aged son, Tyler. He's an FBI agent. He would like to get back together with Jo, but she's not a fan of the idea. Elliott's first episode (7.11) will air in January, and the role could potentially become recurring. Here's a picture of him:

[​IMG]

~ Here are a bunch of Twitpics:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

~ TVGuide.com posted this article about Jo, Jo's ex-husband, and Jo's flirtation with Mac.

~ According to Ausiello, actress Karina Lombard (Rescue Me, The L Word) will play a grieving mother in an episode of CSI: New York that airs in January.

~ Will Batts posted a picture of the vapor chamber finished and filled with extras.

[​IMG]

~ Here's a Twitpic of actress Marla Sokoloff in makeup for the show (thanks to perlnoir):

[​IMG]

~ Sela offered some insight into her character's ex-husband and the possibility of 'a little flirtation' with Mac - click here to read what she said.

~ Set designer Will Batts posted a pair of pictures on Twitter that offers a before and after look at a set for 7.13. The first picture is an empty tractor trailer, and the second picture is the final bar set created for the episode:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

~ Here's a sneak peek at "Justified" (thanks to perlnoir).

~ According to Entertainment Weekly, former Eastwick actress Lindsay Price has been cast in an upcoming episode (7.15). She will play a woman who is dealing with a traumatic event from her past. She can't forget what happened to her, and when her past comes back to haunt her, she forms a bond with Lindsay.

~ From TV Guide:

-----------------------------------​

I'm sure I missed some stuff, so make sure you bring over any spoilers I didn't! :D Now back to your regularly-scheduled discussion...

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

DJE looks different in that picture. I guess it's just been a while since I've seen him and he's aged a little since then, but he looks really different.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

More casting news for 7.15 "Vigilante" from Matt Mitovich at Fancast.com.

4. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Thanks for starting a new thread. Huge synopsis. Almost don't know where to start a comment :lol:.

150! Congrats to the show :). I knew it was coming some time this season, but wasn't sure when. No small feat, that.

:lol:

I'm glad PV has hinted that's how DL will stay for a bit. If this, along with Lindsay getting what seems a centric ep, further indicates that D & L might actually get some separate, individual attention this season, so much the better. But what are the odds :lol:. The ep alluding back Danny's patrol days is one that I've missed, so I dunno if that's one where they've actually given him a bit more to do. That too would be welcome.

Dissenting opinions could be interesting.

Personally I hope Lindsay loses a bit of perspective and Jo helps her find it. Firmly, if need be. I did like how Jo interacted with Adam earlier this season, and perhaps this will be similar. If it's Lindsay somehow questioning Jo's approach or some decision about the case as a supervisor, that too could be interesting, although AB is certainly not the component that has me curious to watch.

Jo's had eps that have given her additional interaction with just about every character but Lindsay so far this season. Guess it was bound to happen. I do like that Jo's been written to have scenes with everyone though.

I've also said I've been hoping we might see a few more differences of opinion within the team this season, so perhaps this will be good. I'd also find that a more interesting path to an evolving understanding between Jo and Lindsay, instead of an ep plattering a sisterhood moment between the only two women on the team.

Not keen on a Lindsay ep, but I'm trying to be optimistic here :p. AB will also get a(nother) fair shot to impress me. Ya never know. Mebbe doing some work with SW will raise her game.

Rather "...hmmmm" on how it seems the show is gonna have the Mac/Carver head to head go, pursuing Carver as a murder suspect, but mebbe it'll at least give Larroquette something more to do than his earlier appearances. NY just can't seem to resist ratcheting up the stakes when it seems somewhat unnecessary. I hope that the resolution is a little more complicated that a right/wrong scenario.

...there's a clown registry? The notion of such is oddly disconcerting :p.

I didn't put it together either that the clown ep is the one where DJE makes his appearance. I'm kinda hoping that in addition to seeing what happens on that front, that a clown ep lends itself to seeing a bit NY's dark quirkiness come back to the fore. I think SW & Jo would fit well in that vein too.

NY really is branching out a bit this season. Could be fun to have the NY CSIs poked a bit by an international peer. They don't always face or interact with characters who are on an equal footing. If this is also part of Mac being Challenged more, so much the better.

Thanks for all the articles, pics, and links, yas all :).

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  5. Faylinn

7.14 "Smooth Criminal" (Great, now that song is stuck in my head. :lol:)

I'll be back with more information in a bit...

ETA: I really don't have much to report. :lol:

7.14 "Smooth Criminal":

~ It looks like two men are dead. There is also a woman missing, a nurse named Camille. She might know Hawkes (but I'm not 100% sure on that one).

~ It seems like Camille has been stealing medication from the clinic she works at, but they don't know who she's been selling it to.​
    Sorry, that's all I have for now. I'm curious to see if Hawkes really knows Camille. Could she be the long-anticipated girlfriend? Hopefully not if she's in trouble. :lol:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Same thing I thought when I saw that title LOL.

7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

definitely agree!

yep, mine too.... :(

8. Faylinn

More info about 7.14! :D
    7.14 "Smooth Criminal" (continued):

~ The episode opens in a lounge. There is a beautiful African-American woman in her late twenties standing at the bar: Camille. She was waiting for someone, but it looks like the other person cancelled. She starts chatting with a handsome man who walks up to her and strikes up a conversation. They're discussing music when the man excuses himself for a minute - and shoots two men sitting in the lounge. After executing the two men, he turns back to Camille, who is terrified. When he sees the bartender looking at him, he fires two more shots.

~ The handsome killer doesn't shoot Camille. Instead, he takes her with him. She has answers he wants.

~ Hawkes knows Camille, but I don't think they're dating. He doesn't want to believe that she's mixed up in anything dangerous, but the important thing is to find her.

~ Camille was a nurse at a clinic, but she was fired for stealing medication. The handsome killer wants to know where the medication is, and he wants Camille to tell him the location of a woman named Janice. It looks like she's another potential target.

~ Camille definitely seems like she could be the long-anticipated love interest for Hawkes (assuming they save her, of course :().

~ I see everybody's name mentioned, so it looks like they'll all be in this episode. :)
    Get it, Hawkes! :devil:

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Thanks, Fay! :D

Seriously... it's about time!

10. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

11. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

There's no way a cop doesn't report his gun missing? I guess Mac didn't find out about Danny's gun being stolen and his failure to report it.

12. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thanks Perl, great clip! I can't wait until today night.

13. Faylinn

TVGuide.com has an article about John Larroquette's role, particularly in tonight's episode.

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

CSI: NY was filming with the Coast Guard last week (I'm assuming for an upcoming episode), and my cousin got to be in part of the episode. Here's some pics. :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(I'm a bit bitter and jealous. :p)

15. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thanks a lot Vegaslights and Fay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.