CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has to be something more interesting to ask about. *sigh*

I need scoop on CSI: NY's Danny and Lindsay! — Meg

MegaBuzz: Even though conventional TV wisdom suggests otherwise, executive producer Pam Veasey promises that this couple will remain rock-solid. "We're not going to go the typical [route]," Veasey says. "They went through a lot to get together, and they will now go through things together. Something will happen — something has to happen in their lives. But it won't be anything tragic."

To paraphrase . . . ZZZZZZZZZZZ . . . :rolleyes: :shifty:

Why do people keep writing in these question about Danny and Lindsay, how many times do you have to read Pam Veasey say they will remain happily married, I'd rather know what is gonna happen with Flack or Haweks or even Adam and Stella

I agree! Why does everything have to be about Danny and Lindsay, and how 'perfect' they are??
What about the people that aren't D/L fans? Could we not have some juicy Flack/Adam etc goss??
Oh well, such is life. :)

MegaBuzz: Even though conventional TV wisdom suggests otherwise, executive producer Pam Veasey promises that this couple will remain rock-solid. "We're not going to go the typical [route]," Veasey says. "They went through a lot to get together, and they will now go through things together. Something will happen — something has to happen in their lives. But it won't be anything tragic."

You know, I get and even admire the fact that they're not going the typical dramatic route with this, to have Danny and Lindsay constantly at odds still even though they're married. I will say this is a trend in TV now--over on Grey's Anatomy, Meredith and Derek are now happily married, and the same is true of Mike and Susan on Desperate Housewives. And it's not a bad thing--I think it will get old after a while, but it's not a bad angle right now.

The problem is that it's pretty much eliminating drama for Danny and Lindsay separately. Danny's ordeal of getting shot and learning how to walk should have been much more dramatic and compelling than it was, but because Danny and Lindsay are married, a lot of those dramatic moments are devoted to them as a couple--her boosting his spirits, him holding the baby--rather than to Danny's specific struggle. And I think that's a shame, because Danny was and still is a compelling character in his own right. I've never had much use for Lindsay, so I can't say I care about her getting her own storylines--indeed, I'm kind of relieved we're not subjected to Anna's bad acting because the loving wife and mother seems to work in her limited range--but I think Danny's struggle with getting shot and the repercussions of that, both physically and emotionally, would have been dramatized with more depth had it not been for the marriage.

As for the constant questions about Danny and Lindsay, well, that kind of makes my case about Anna being on the show. The pairing has appealed to younger viewers from the start, and younger viewers are the ones who get on the internet and generate buzz. And shows generate buzz from romance most of the time. If you look at any show, the majority of the questions come from people wanting to know when "so and so will hook up" or "will there be any moments for so and so?" NY isn't going to give up that kind of buzz, even if one of the players is hopelessly weak. They found a way to work around it and please a lot of the fans. I just hope they can bring some good storylines back for Danny.

The bummer of all of these questions about DL is that we're not getting any really juicy spoilers about anything on the show. There's no drama coming up for DL--we know that. No matter how many times the question is asked, it seems like that's the same answer. I'm sure it frustrates the columnists, too--they want dirt! Personally, I'd like to know if Danny's back pain is going to have any repercussions for him, if Flack's guilt is going to flare up again, and when Hawkes is going to get a love interest!!

new pictures on belga - from today :) if you go a few pages down (at belga), you can see gary having fun on stage with his guitar :)

Episode 10 airs when? (I thought it was this week, until I read about the Grammy Nomination thing:wtf:) I'm looking forward to that one way more than I am 6.11, too, because a) the title and summary makes it sound like a belated Halloween episode, and b) Ella's back. I was wondering when they were going to dust off that plotline.

ok, i seem to have missed something there - can you backtrack?!:lol:

Ah wait, think that's my mistake :alienblush::lol: Isn't Ella Thomas the same girl who was "stalking" Mac back in "Forbidden Fruit"? Or is the same name a coincidence...huh, they might not be picking up that plotline, then:shifty:

unless it's not a bad dark secret, if that makes sense - ie i mean one that's beneficial to her, like maybe mac has a reed all of his own or something! ok, so i realise just how unlikely that is:lol::lol:, but i just mean it might not be a secret that's traumatic for her, it may be dark in terms of plot/character interactions, but still beneficial to her...

At this point, that's what I'm hoping the dark secret's going to be -- not just 'cause it makes the most sense, but it's probably the most original option.

And from the last two weeks...

Do you have any scoop on what’s next for ‘CSI: NY’s’ Danny and Lindsay? – Sara
I cannot believe that it took a whole six weeks into my new gig for the first Danny-Lindsay question to hit my mailbox! And your reward, Sara, is good news. (I think.) Executive producer Peter Lenkov wants you to know that outside of “Danny’s near/possible injury relapse and keeping that a secret, I think it’s smooth sailing for the happy couple.” All together now: Aww!

From TV Guide.

Question: Can you please give us some Danny and Lindsay scoop on CSI: NY? —Chrissi
Ausiello:
I can’t, no. But exec producer Pam Veasey sure can. “Danny and Lindsay remain the happily married parents of Lucy,” she says. “The only hint of problems [result] from the few unexpected moments of back pain Danny experiences — [remnants] of his gunshot injury and temporary paralysis. He keeps this secret to himself for awhile.”

...I just...gah...I don't get what is is these guys want to hear! :wtf::brickwall: Or how many more ways the same answer can be put -- it's the exact same spoiler three times over:scream:

And yeah, I know DL has buzz and all (although if I shipped a TV pairing, I'd probably be happy to hear the first time around that they're going to stay happily ever after). But the shafting of storylines for it, I don't know. Danny's wheelchair storyline: I want to be fair because the writers said they'd been planning it for a while, but that drew some pretty big WTFs even from non-fandom viewers, 'cause it was rather crappily handled.

For the good of BOTH characters is the best if we DO NOT have any JUICY spoilers about such "lovely pair":p

Personally Danny is MUCH MUCH MUCH better without the "DL=bag" on his shoulders. Actually i am enjoying him this season and even i like him as much he did in S1:bolian: He doesn-t need and we DO NOT need he dissapears again

And for the good of Lindsay PLEASE make her human:rolleyes:. A human being makes mistakes:rolleyes: Give her a dark mood, not an annoying mood:rolleyes:

A storyline for her would be ok as long as she remains away from Danny. She must prove she is an individual, not an entity:devil:

And seriously when will we have spoilers on any other character/couple?:vulcan:

My PC is dead so i don-t care now i cannot post:p but i hope when i get back i could have some spoilers and/or questions about other people:cool:

I might be the only one here, but I really like the information about Danny and Lindsay we got (although once would have been enough as well- funny how many times they reworded the same information :lol: ). PV is right, they went through a lot to get together. So it's nice to see them working on their relationship and handling those situations together now.

I might be the only one here, but I really like the information about Danny and Lindsay we got (although once would have been enough as well- funny how many times they reworded the same information :lol: ). PV is right, they went through a lot to get together. So it's nice to see them working on their relationship and handling those situations together now.

I agree that they each went through a lot individually. It's that what they went through now has "to be together" tagged on to the end that makes me want to wretch. It's like every individual thing about the characters (not that Lindsay had anything much anyway, but still) has been reduced as a path they needed to take to the road of teh twu wub. :rolleyes: :wretches:

You know, I get and even admire the fact that they're not going the typical dramatic route with this, to have Danny and Lindsay constantly at odds still even though they're married. I will say this is a trend in TV now--over on Grey's Anatomy, Meredith and Derek are now happily married, and the same is true of Mike and Susan on Desperate Housewives. And it's not a bad thing--I think it will get old after a while, but it's not a bad angle right now.

I can't say I'm unhappy about this. My wish from the beginning has been that they stop all the will they/won't they back and forth and either marry them or break them up. I'm glad they made a decision and are willing to stick by it. Doesn't mean that Danny won't have to sleep on the couch once in a while because he did something dumb that flowers won't fix but at least maybe the lion's share of the drama can be centered around the case or others in the show instead of focusing so heavily on these two.

The problem is that it's pretty much eliminating drama for Danny and Lindsay separately. Danny's ordeal of getting shot and learning how to walk should have been much more dramatic and compelling than it was, but because Danny and Lindsay are married, a lot of those dramatic moments are devoted to them as a couple--her boosting his spirits, him holding the baby--rather than to Danny's specific struggle. And I think that's a shame, because Danny was and still is a compelling character in his own right.

While I don't agree that they can't have drama for them separately, I will say that Danny's storyline did seem rushed and very centered around them as a couple. It appeared to me that Pam V. had a lot to settle in the first few episodes concerning DL. Personally, I was glad they got Danny out of the chair quickly and back on the streets with Flack because I really missed Danny. If the show were of a different type I would have been frustrated that they didn't delve more deeply into the psychological aspects of what he was going through but I didn't really expect that from this show.

I've never had much use for Lindsay, so I can't say I care about her getting her own storylines--indeed, I'm kind of relieved we're not subjected to Anna's bad acting because the loving wife and mother seems to work in her limited range--but I think Danny's struggle with getting shot and the repercussions of that, both physically and emotionally, would have been dramatized with more depth had it not been for the marriage.

Can't say that I agree with this either. Having him lie to his wife (brand new wife at that) about his chances of recovery and being found out had a lot more dramatic effect for me than having a co-worker or supervisor find out that same thing. With the trust issues these two have had I was surprised Lindsay didn't run, but that's also when I got the feeling that Pam V. had an agenda with this storyline.

As for the constant questions about Danny and Lindsay, well, that kind of makes my case about Anna being on the show. The pairing has appealed to younger viewers from the start, and younger viewers are the ones who get on the internet and generate buzz. And shows generate buzz from romance most of the time. If you look at any show, the majority of the questions come from people wanting to know when "so and so will hook up" or "will there be any moments for so and so?" NY isn't going to give up that kind of buzz, even if one of the players is hopelessly weak. They found a way to work around it and please a lot of the fans. I just hope they can bring some good storylines back for Danny.

The bummer of all of these questions about DL is that we're not getting any really juicy spoilers about anything on the show. There's no drama coming up for DL--we know that. No matter how many times the question is asked, it seems like that's the same answer. I'm sure it frustrates the columnists, too--they want dirt! Personally, I'd like to know if Danny's back pain is going to have any repercussions for him, if Flack's guilt is going to flare up again, and when Hawkes is going to get a love interest!!

So is anyone actually asking the questions we want answered outside of DL? I know I don't get on the TV entertainment sites so I can't really complain about what they have to choose from. Unfortunately, DL is easy to answer because the things fans are asking about them don't really have much to do with major developments on the show. It's a way to keep interest hyped without giving much of anything away.

Ah wait, think that's my mistake :alienblush::lol: Isn't Ella Thomas the same girl who was "stalking" Mac back in "Forbidden Fruit"? Or is the same name a coincidence...huh, they might not be picking up that plotline, then:shifty:

Close--the girl who stalked Mac was Ella McBride. It's a different actress, too. But I wonder who she is, the lone guest character!

I can't say I'm unhappy about this. My wish from the beginning has been that they stop all the will they/won't they back and forth and either marry them or break them up. I'm glad they made a decision and are willing to stick by it. Doesn't mean that Danny won't have to sleep on the couch once in a while because he did something dumb that flowers won't fix but at least maybe the lion's share of the drama can be centered around the case or others in the show instead of focusing so heavily on these two.

I'll be honest--that perception, that Danny should be in the doghouse and "sleeping on the couch" and having to buy Lindsay flowers is one of the ones I most hate about this pairing. The idea that Lindsay is the perfect angel who can do no wrong, and Danny is the constant screw-up got old back in season three... when it was Lindsay who screwing up anyway. It would be much more interesting to see Lindsay screw up and actually have to make up for it... but I'm not holding my breath. ;)

While I don't agree that they can't have drama for them separately, I will say that Danny's storyline did seem rushed and very centered around them as a couple. It appeared to me that Pam V. had a lot to settle in the first few episodes concerning DL. Personally, I was glad they got Danny out of the chair quickly and back on the streets with Flack because I really missed Danny. If the show were of a different type I would have been frustrated that they didn't delve more deeply into the psychological aspects of what he was going through but I didn't really expect that from this show.

Me neither, but at the same time, I didn't expect him up out of the wheelchair so soon. And while I get sidelining one of the show's best characters that way might have seemed like a mistake, I think we could have seen more of a struggle than we did. I am curious about how his back pain is going to play into it, and if it will cause him to falter during a big chase or when he's facing off with a suspect. That could be interesting, and would go a ways to making up for the fact that the wheelchair part seemed so rushed.

Can't say that I agree with this either. Having him lie to his wife (brand new wife at that) about his chances of recovery and being found out had a lot more dramatic effect for me than having a co-worker or supervisor find out that same thing. With the trust issues these two have had I was surprised Lindsay didn't run, but that's also when I got the feeling that Pam V. had an agenda with this storyline.

Maybe, maybe not. I think it could have been just as powerful with Mac, who Danny thinks of as a father figure, or Flack (though maybe not this season since Flack had other things on his mind), his best friend who always has his back. I did like the scene between him and Lindsay, but the trust issues between them make it hard for me to look at them as close as a normal married couple would be. Danny, with all his trust issues, has opened up much more to Mac and Flack at various times, than he ever has with Lindsay.

So is anyone actually asking the questions we want answered outside of DL? I know I don't get on the TV entertainment sites so I can't really complain about what they have to choose from. Unfortunately, DL is easy to answer because the things fans are asking about them don't really have much to do with major developments on the show. It's a way to keep interest hyped without giving much of anything away.

The people who constantly submit questions to those sites tend to be the die-hard shippers. I'm talking about the ones who submit them every week until they get their questions answered! Sometimes I even recognize a few names on those questions. :lol: I think there are some questions asked about the other characters, and they get answered now and then. I saw one asked about episode 10--but the answer ended up being about episode 13 (probably because the person giving the answer didn't know anything about ep 10, either!).

So much of DL has already been discussed that I won't try to go into too much detail. My comment about Danny sleeping on the couch took the stereotypical relationship blunder track on purpose because those things do happen. I don't know that they could realistically show Lindsay screwing up in the relationship and having to make up for it because Danny is so down on himself already. I'm not so sure that he wouldn't take it as his fault even if it wasn't. Now if she did something that involved Lucy, then I can see Danny holding her accountable. Especially after his experience with Ruben.

As for the wheelchair, I think I wanted to see Danny struggle to do his job and that factor into his motivation to work hard to get better. All we got was the one scene where he couldn't reach the bullet casing and that was it. Not near enough in my opinion to show the struggles of someone who was completely mobile dealing with the limitations of a disability, even temporarily.

Not to change the subject but what I really wanted to see was Stella. I'm not a huge fan of Stella but I wish they had put more time into what she was going through that would make her turn to a co-worker for comfort or whatevertheh*ll they want to call it. She is usually so strong and capable of handling emotion that it had to be big and we didn't get to see any of it. She avoids Danny, we never see her check on Flack (even though she knew how much he cared for Jess) and then after the fact, she confesses to Danny how scared she was. Somehow I feel shortchanged.

So much of DL has already been discussed that I won't try to go into too much detail. My comment about Danny sleeping on the couch took the stereotypical relationship blunder track on purpose because those things do happen.

And that's why DL is a big fail--it's one stereotype after another. To see them break out of it would be novel.

I don't know that they could realistically show Lindsay screwing up in the relationship and having to make up for it because Danny is so down on himself already.

Agreed--she'd really have to screw up for him to even register it. Wouldn't that be more interesting than him "sleeping on the couch" though?

I'm not so sure that he wouldn't take it as his fault even if it wasn't. Now if she did something that involved Lucy, then I can see Danny holding her accountable. Especially after his experience with Ruben.

I could so see the Lindsay of old throwing Ruben in his face if he did hold her accountable if she did something that involved Lucy. It would be interesting to see if Lindsay has changed enough that she wouldn't default to that.

As for the wheelchair, I think I wanted to see Danny struggle to do his job and that factor into his motivation to work hard to get better. All we got was the one scene where he couldn't reach the bullet casing and that was it. Not near enough in my opinion to show the struggles of someone who was completely mobile dealing with the limitations of a disability, even temporarily.

Yeah, and that's what really bugs me. We didn't see him struggling physically or getting frustrated enough. He adapted way too easily, and then boom, he was out of the chair pretty quickly anyway.

Not to change the subject but what I really wanted to see was Stella. I'm not a huge fan of Stella but I wish they had put more time into what she was going through that would make her turn to a co-worker for comfort or whatevertheh*ll they want to call it. She is usually so strong and capable of handling emotion that it had to be big and we didn't get to see any of it. She avoids Danny, we never see her check on Flack (even though she knew how much he cared for Jess) and then after the fact, she confesses to Danny how scared she was. Somehow I feel shortchanged.

I don't think Stella deals with weakness or vulnerability easily. I remember she kept her distance from Danny in "On the Job" and RSRD, too. I just don't think she knows how to handle it. She's kind of like Mac in that regard--they're both so strong that when confronted with someone who is really emotional, they don't quite know what to do. And no one is more emotional than Danny. Really, I think he's a conundrum for all of them in that way, or at least Mac, Stella, Lindsay and Flack, who all pride themselves on being pretty tough. Mac does have some paternal feelings towards him, Lindsay's in love with him, Flack cares about him deeply and sees him as someone to protect, but Stella doesn't really have that kind of relationship with Danny. With Flack, it was a little more surprising that she kept her distance since those two really are close, but I think she didn't quite know what to say.

And that's why I think Stella's default is "recklessness," or IMO more of a "carpe diem" attitude. She's going to go out and live life to the fullest, even a little wildly. Brushes with danger only make Stella stronger, and make her want to push back.

As far as Danny & Lindsay are concerned (since that seems to be the topic of conversation at the moment) does anyone think there are still plans to bring Rikki back at some point? Because that could probably cause a rift in their marriage. I would also be curious to see what they would do with that storyline.

As far as Danny & Lindsay are concerned (since that seems to be the topic of conversation at the moment) does anyone think there are still plans to bring Rikki back at some point? Because that could probably cause a rift in their marriage. I would also be curious to see what they would do with that storyline.

If I had to guess, I'd say Rikki is probably done. I think it's a shame because she was a great character, and I loved that storyline for Danny because it really put him in an impossible situation, but I can't really see them bringing her back if it really is going to be smooth sailing for Danny and Lindsay for here on in.

If I had to guess, I'd say Rikki is probably done. I think it's a shame because she was a great character, and I loved that storyline for Danny because it really put him in an impossible situation, but I can't really see them bringing her back if it really is going to be smooth sailing for Danny and Lindsay for here on in.

Wasn't there an interview with Peter Lenkov and he sorta/kinda answered that question? I looked but couldn't find it. But I agree that if it's supposed to be smooth sailing for DL I can't see them bringing back Rikki until they are old and gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back