Rick Stetler/David Lee Smith--Some Bad Boys ARE Cute Up Close!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Jag Lady, Mar 29, 2009.

?

Which Rick Stetler do you like? Nice or Nasty?

Poll closed Apr 13, 2009.
  1. Mean and nasty!

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. The IAB Agent with a Heart

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. If Rick Stetler's on, I'll watch!

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I was cheering that as well.

I noticed that too. Interesting. :)

Yeah, that was great. Hopefully it is fading into the past. I didn't notice the tie actually. Things were going by too fast for me. :lol:

I was confused about that as well. Is he no longer IAB? If he's not IAB anymore, that's great cause I know he hated being IAB cause everyone hates IAB.

2. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

That's a good question. Now that he's a Lieutenant, he'd be head of a department, just like Horatio's head of the crime lab.
    Can't make a spoiler button right now, but I have the feeling he's still in IAB.

Well, something tells me he's not gonna have a girlfriend anytime soon if he keeps dressing like a bad blue light special! ("Attention, K-Mart shoppers. In our Tacky Men's Shirt section, we have stuff we haven't sold since we've opened the store!") Somebody wanna reach over and slap the wardrobe guy?

Nice to see H and Rick duke it out again. I've missed that. DLS had a chance to shine in this one instead of the customary walk in, say a few lines and walk out.

Well, Rickypoo made LT and we didn't get invited to the wetting-down party! :scream::angryrazz: Now that's just plain wrong!

In the military and law enforcement, the wetting-down party is where the promotee buys a keg of beer. His rank pins get dropped into a couple of pitchers, and he has to get them out in time for the pinning ceremony, usually by drinking the pitchers until they're empty. Of course we ladies could just save him the trouble by baptizing him so he could reach his rank pins, right? Haven't we sort of wanted him nice and wet? :adore:

Okay HnSFan. I see two pitchers, each with a Lieutenant rank pin in the bottom. What say we save Rick the trouble of having to drink two pitchers of beer? One. Two.... :lol:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  3. Wolfsong

Wolfsong Witness

That had me laughing.

In all seriousness, this episode confirmed a couple possible story ideas i had/have for my au. *grins* Albeit further down the line.

I loved the episode and of course David Lee Smith did a great job.

I hope that we see more of him this season than just one or two episodes.

4. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I agree, Wolfsong. Incidentally, speaking of AU, I think it's time for Rickypoo to get his promotion party. :devil: Hope to have that up by this weekend.

Incidentally, Rick is supposed to be in next week's epi :drool::adore: If I understand right, he's doing the investigation on Calleigh's shooting at Delko in "Seeing Red".

Oh, and I noticed something when I saw some screenshots. That tablecloth shirt Rick was wearing??

HAD FRENCH CUFFS!! :angryrazz::guffaw:

5. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

It was great seeing DLS again, though I have to say I was surprised when Rick referred to himself as Lieutenant - didn't see that coming. I hope he's shown more this season

6. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Absolutely, let's help Rick with those pitchers of beer to get his pins. :thumbsup::lol::drool:

I was so happy to hear him refer to himself as Lieutenant. I'm glad what I read in the spoilers was right about him getting promoted. No, it wasn't clear what department he's in charge of, but I'll bet we'll find out in the next episode.

I LOVED the tie they had him in, but not the shirt. But he was in some nice slacks, too, so his overall look was nice I thought.

And even though he was in the ep from the get go, I was still left feeling like they didn't give him enough to do. Then he disappeared after a half hour into the ep. But at least he'll be in the next episode. I'd like to know what Horatio thinks about his promotion.

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

It was good to see Rick back on the scene.
    He didn't have a great deal to do, but at least in the scenes he had he wasn't just disagreeing with H for the sake of it- he was very professional and did seem to care.

Hopefully this promotion will be mentioned again. It seems pointless doing if it is not going to come into play somehow.

8. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Sorry I've been away.
    So what did you all think about that red shirt? :wtf: The husband had some things to say about it that I can't repeat here.
    Hopefully he won't be gone for TOO long.

9. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

With the way that scene was rushed together in an annoying montage sequence, who could really notice the shirt? This must've been one of the scenes fans say were sort of blurry or something, too, because it almost came across like it was a dream someone was having. I thought DLS's scene in this ep would've been better if they'd shown the interviews separately. It would've been more powerful. Not that I wanted the fact they stuck him with being the baddie this time to be made more powerful, but I felt that his presence in that episode was diluted because of the way that scene was shot.

10. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

I want to see more of DLS in the show as well- more and more of him slipping into that sweet Southern accent of his when he's around H and nervous and more tried and true *hangdog* expressions!

I've seen too much of said Jesse already... too too much for MY taste (what's up with the squinty eyed look anyway? kind of reminds me of someone ELSE, some one whom I'm glad has made as old toon character Snagglepuss would have said it this way: " exit, stage left") LOL!

My writing partner isn't gonna to like me for saying that (smirking!)

11. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Anybody been around the spoilers to find out when our guy will be back? I'm hearing rumors that it will be a while. I hope that's not true. :eek:

12. Wolfsong

Wolfsong Witness

I haven't heard anything, but i hope we don't have to wait for too long.

13. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

After hoping for such a long time for an increase in DLS's screentime on Miami, I've pretty much resigned myself to the likelihood that nothing is ever going to change and we're going to keep getting the same limited amount of his presence in any future episodes.

I loved that they made him Lieutenant, but where's the storyline--or at least exchanges of dialogue to go with this promotion? How can the writers not have had one of the other characters say something to Rick about his promotion. Especially Horatio???

And because they have assumedly dropped Saris as a character, it means that he's still working as an informant for the MDPD. I mean, isn't that a neat thought? um er ridiculous??? :guffaw::confused::rolleyes:

14. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Hey, love what you did with the icon, HnSFan. I've been having trouble trying to change my avatar/icon, but hey, the JAG crest works fine.

(Runs fingers through that black curly hair) :adore::luvlove:

15. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Oh no ya don't. He's mine. You already have a husband. :lol:

Really all I did with the avatar pic is resize it. The photo resizing software did all the work. ;)

I'm happy to hear from the CSIFiles interview that our guy will definitely be showing up again in the show. But I have mixed feelings about the character not being allowed to evolve past IAB bad guy.