8x01 - 'Out of Time' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Sep 18, 2009.

1. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

Yeah Frank with hair will be hilarious to see, and in all the things I've seen Rex Linn act in I don't think I've ever seen him with a full head of hair. And about the Ray and Yelina thing, who knows. I mean maybe they'll be at least mentioned or something.

In less than 24 hours we'll all be glued to our tv screens watching the season premiere!!! The anticipation is really starting to kill me; I wanna see it now!

Monday is on it's way!!!

2. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

yeah they could just mention Horatio saying " I got to go to dinner w/my brother Raymond and his new wife(or fiance?)" whatever to show some continuity but that's not going to happen given time restraints on the premiere..less than 24hrs to go..

3. Fanofcalleigh

Fanofcalleigh Witness

I think i have a big surprise for all of you ..

The wait is over .. i finallly catch the preview of the season premiere on CTV ... ( i didnt know if i could put video on here so sorry if i can't ... im putting the video on spoiler tag ...)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTY7GaOBfqY
    The promo is just SO awesome .. Can't wait for tomorrow ... I just cant believe that the show is coming back after this wait ...
    ENJOY !!!!

4. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

thank you so much for posting this... :thumbsup:

5. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Me too. Thank you very much. Em is doing a great job. And they are all there in the hospital. Nice.....I am looking forward to Ryan in this episode as he could bond further with the ladies and H before the golden child is doing his Cippendale:lol:.

There is so many great lines for Ryan in this storyline so I will disappointed if they fill scenes with: how Jesse and H meet and solved the crime in flashbacks.

I think/belive the crimesolving is in the flashbacks - nes pas? - Which is kinda sad. They could have left the lab to Ryan and let him solve a crime with Nat in present time. But I guess no crimes will happen in Miami as long as Eric is in the hospital.

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh wow!!! Nice to see our CSIs back...yep I was missing all of them ;)

Fanofcalleigh thank you so much for posting that promo. It was about time someone posted it!! Great promo BTW. Everyone makes me tear up a little bit.

But I have a question....why does everyone can watch what's going on inside an ER, which btw looks more like an OR :lol:? I really don't get it, it pisses me off most of the times they do so, even on TV shows LOL

7. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Because their goal is to make everything less realistic! And you can tell they've really been succeeding in the past couple years. :lol:

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

And you're absolutely right!!! Gosh, why didn't I think about that? Guess I was too busy with something else :guffaw:

9. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

AHHHHH!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!! ITS FINALLY TODAY!!!!!!! EEECKKK!!!!!!!! I'M GOING HYSTERICAL!!!!

10. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I have to admit after reading about Adam leaving CSI Miami, I wasn't really excited about the new season but I'll admit it - this episode was good! The guys Horatio used to work with are jerks, they have the know it all attitude.

I enjoyed the flashbacks, before they were all CSI's, before Horatio was their boss. It was interesting to see how they solved the case without having the technology they do today.

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Just saw the episode. I'll put my initial thoughts in a spoiler code. :)

Overall, good way to start the season. :) Some points for anyone interested:

-Ryan was in the episode for about 3 seconds.
    -Natalia was in a flashback -- not for a huge length of time but some were hoping she was there. She was an FBI agent.
    -Calleigh was very bubbly as the new girl. Also, in 'present time', she appeared very emotional over Eric; she and Alexx shared a hug.
    -Jesse Cardoza knew Tim Speedle. :devil: He recommended him to Horatio.
    -Megan was mentioned.
    -Opening credits didn't change :)rolleyes:) but Eddie C. has been added and he's last. (though it does say 'And Eddie Cibrian')

As for the rest of the episode, I really liked how they transitioned between 2009 and 1997. The case (which was in the flashbacks) wasn't complicated and held my interest; especially Horatio's ambition to find the killer despite the technology barrier and old-school police work.

There was a lot of forensic explanation which was a nice breath of fresh air and a re-enactment/experiment which was also nice to see. I really wish the show would do low-tech more often.

The episode focused primarily on Horatio but there was a fair bit of Eric, Calleigh, Jesse and Alexx.

Really cool concept -- I enjoyed it.

ETA: Oh. They really really REALLY need to get rid of the split-screens.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  12. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I loved the scenes between Eric and Horatio both in the flashbacks and in present time. You can see how close they are and I'm glad that was shown throughout the episode.

Loved bubbly Calleigh in the flashbacks. It's how I remembered her character. I also like how she proved herself to be good at her job despite the know it all jerks she was working with prior to teaming with Horatio

ETA: I was disappointed by Ryan's lack of screentime, he could've been shown in the flashbacks like Natalia was. Hopefully in the next episode he gets more airtime

13. luf100

luf100 Coroner

All I have to say is... meh. I didn't find it all that exciting, and I thought the back and forth between past and present was a little confusing. And I knew Ryan wasn't going to be in this episode much, but I didn't think he wouldn't even SPEAK!!! He. Didn't. Even. TALK! :scream::scream: He was shown twice, for about 2 seconds each time. The first time I think he was giving blood maybe? They didn't even show it long enough for me to be able to tell. Seriously, what the eff. Same goes for Natalia, but at least she was there for maybe, oh, ten seconds? :rolleyes: At least Frank was there and I liked that while Jesse Cardoza was in the episode a lot, he was mostly by himself, talking to himself (or to a recorder, whatever) for most of the time. :D

Other than those complaints the rest was good. I loved Eric hitting on Calleigh. Calleigh was awesome in the flashbacks! She was just like early season Calleigh, way more cheerful. Aaw, she was so cute in the whole thing. :lol: Frank was good old Frank for the little bit he was in the episode. I was a little sad they took out the part they were apparently going to have, about Calleigh saying bald men were sexy.

Horatio reminded me of a Who from Whoville on the Grinch. I dunno why, I guess it was the makeup. :lol: They did a pretty good job of making them look younger and in the words of my mom "Eric looks ripped". Holy moly, he was sexy tonight. :eek: Uhm, the sunnies part made me smile. xD I thought it really showed how close Eric and Horatio were even way back then and made Horatio's whole stroking-of-the-cheek a little less creepy... kinda.

I'm probably forgetting a lot that I wanted to say, but I'll leave it here for now. :lol:

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Sounds like I don't even need to bother watching this episode. I wouldn't even bother recording it if it wasn't for the fact that I record it for someone else!

Would it have killed them to include Ryan indirectly in the flashback? I get that they couldn't show him because it's harder to make a 32 year old look 17 or 16 or whatever age Ryan would have been 12 years ago. But, they could have included him indirectly, just enough to show that they weren't totally leaving him out. Example:

Horatio walks up to an older man, around 60-70 years old.

Horatio: I'm Horatio Caine with Miami Dade PD. I heard you may have some info about the murder we're working on.

Man: Yes, I do.

Horatio: Okay, Mr...

Man: Wolfe, Robert Wolfe. (looks at watch) Do you mind if I make a quick phone call first? I was supposed to pick my grandson up at the airport, he's coming for a visit and to check out the local colleges. I need to call my son and ask him to pick him up from the airport instead. His flight's due in any minute.

Horatio: Of course.

Man (pulls out phone and dials): Hey, Ronald. Could you do me a favor and pick Ryan up at the airport. Something came up and I won't be able to get there on time. His flight should be in any minute. Thanks, son. I'll see you later. (hangs up phone and proceeds to give Horatio his witness statement of the crime).

Would that be so difficult or too much to ask? I just feel like they are leaving some characters out as much as possible because they feel they are not important enough. That's just wrong to me.

15. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

LOL about Jesse!! Totally agree with you about Calleigh, she was a treat to watch. I enjoyed Eric and Horatio's scenes. Only disappointment for me was that Ryan wasn't in the flashbacks, he could've been shown in them. He didn't have to interact with the team, he could've been shown in a small scene with Jesse, have their paths crossed. Just acknowledge him, they found a place for Natalia in the flashbacks so the same could've been done for Ryan. I really hope this season won't be like last, Ryan and Natalia need more screentime.