Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

7 episodes? :wtf: What happened to 10? I thought Adam said someting like "...1 down, 9 more to go..."! or am I being really delusional? :eek:
    Is it possible that he meant he'll be in 7 more episodes? He already did 3, that would leave him with 7 more to go. This way, he'd be in 10 episodes for the season.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  2. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

*Nods*

The question is that did tptb knew that Adam was planning on leaving when they wrote 7.16 cos if they did then I hope they know what they are doing, but if they didn't then I bet they are regretting digging themselve a big hole.
    I think they will keep them together but I just hope its not cos Cal's life is hanging on a thread (again) and forced the true feeling out of Eric's mouth. I'd rather them locking the two in a room and make them communicate!
    and yes, my fear too. tptb didnt kill off Jake so they can bring him back as long as Jonny is willing to come back...

Yeah, I kinda just except that he will be in 7. but now you've mentioned this theory...it might be! Cos Adam did write on his twitter and he is the one counting and with a script!

3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well orignially I too thought he would be in a few more. But some interview hinted that he might flatline in first episode as writers were struglling to fit him in. But I doubt they would do that as he is in the next couple of episodes but then we get the farvelgonebad episode........ And by now who really knows. And this sounds odd for a hiphugger - die hart but I really don´t care an more. If we don´t get resolution or hope for happy ending this year. I don´t really care anymore.
    Yeah I read the 9 to go too. And I did have hope for the missing 4 as you know from earlier posts - I still do - . But I am preparing to say goodbye to the show. Adam leaving and doing comedy. I hope Emily will have her baby and then be off too. B/C IMO this show is going down hill fast now. I am NOT blaming that Eddie guy personal stuff or not. I am blamming show runners. They hyped storylines that didn´t pane out well and are loosing a popular male actor. What ever should get ratings to go up or even stay the same?????

WOW this is my last year of watching CSI Miami. Odd....:(:(:(..

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  4. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

My sentiments exactly! If they don't resolve the EC relationship properly ( and by properly I mean the happy ending this couple and their fans deserve after making all of us wait for such a long time), I hope that Emily gets her wishes and leaves the show as well. Seeing the way tptb handled one of their main actors ( who, by all accounts, is supposed to be one of the nicest people you could meet), I don't think they deserve anybody's loyalty, especially not Emily's.
    I think it's extremely unfair the way this whole thing was handled, and I, for one feel completely betrayed! All those years of faithful watching, and this is how I'm rewarded?
    Yeah, I feel the end coming too! I don't foresee myself watching CSIM beyond the next season; I don't even think I'll be watching this one regularly. I'll probably check the spoilers and then decide if it's worth my time or not! :(

5. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I am still however surprised.
    1. Adam IS LEAVING. He has allready landed a role on another show but CBS is saying anything. What is up with that? Are they saving that one for the fan who does read magazines or goes on the net or doesn´t watch "Ungly Betty"? How stupid do they think fans are? If he is Bobby on Betty then he is NOT Eric on CSI. At least not full time. And if that character goes regular........Well good luck to Adam - I mean that - and good luck to CBS if they view the fan-base like that.:rolleyes:

2. In shippercenteral we are surprising enough the most posted storyline and most viewed and outranking all in number of treads. Look at Gris and Sara. - longer showrunning and all - and still we are up there. Look at Danny and Lindsey having a baby and we are still up there. Even compared to regular forum we are more fans united in here then ANY of the regular fantreads or joined treads in regular forum.
    If this is ANY indication as to fans - basestruckture in general. I wish I could prove that with some ratingsnumbers beyond the kiss. How can anyone doubt that we are going down hill fast???? Who needs any form of WAKE-UP call?

The lovestoryline was a hit and now a miss. Is that perhaps a indication as the show:guffaw:. Sorry, that was nasty.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  6. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I think I pointed that out in one of my previous posts (the fact that ours is by far the largest, most viewed thread ).
    Is there nothing we can do as fans, to show the show's producers, writers...etc. how disappointed, hurt, upset, angry and dowright pxxxed off we are with the recent turn of events? Is there no way to make them understand what the show risks to lose if it continues this downward path?
    Anybody has any idea?

7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

By now it is too late AND if people with a degree to PR or television cann´t figure that out on their own. It´s going down hill with education too:guffaw:. A JOKE.

But it´s mindboggling. IF as post 1 said: theese forum are any indiction as to general fan -base. They would have keept Eric. And gone very far to do so. In spoilertread someone stated that fanbase in primeraly female. So any hot male should go down well with fans. Mayby - ;);) - reason for adding character in the first place. Then Adam did a very good job and writers allowed themself to take some chances with the character. The shooting, the thearpy and the partly wimpy jealousy during Jake. AND it worked. As I have not checked ratings throughout show history I hope you more knowlegdeable ( perhaps Delkolover:)) will correct me if I am wrong.

But he is off now and hopefully Emily will too. Hopefully she will have her baby and move on to other things. Then we might have an off - reunion hinted by remain cast. And if they are not threated too badly by franchise. They might return in last episode and be married.

Beyond anything I am puzzled by the fact that people with experience, talent and education have run this show like this lately....And ANYONE who know why ....PLease Please enlighten me...

LOOK what I found:

Over on CSI: Miami, Ausiello reports that Adam Rodriguez (Eric Delko) is committed to doing seven episodes of the eighth season before saying goodbye to the series. Delko's girlfriend, fellow CSI Calleigh Duquesne (Emily Procter), shot at him in the season seven finale "Seeing Red" when he was trying to help his father, Russian mobster Alexander Sharova (Rade Serbedzija). Both characters will have to deal with the repercussions of their actions as the new season gets underway. "She's upset that her boyfriend is hurt but has no remorse," Procter told TV Guide. "I shot a scene the other day where she was like, 'Look, he was not doing right, and I shot him. You'd shoot him too.'"
    The end of Calleigh and Eric's relationship might be on the horizon, Procter revealed. "It will only work out if he's physically capable of continuing the relationship, which he may or may not be," she said. "Calleigh may once again have to move on." While Delko is injured in the season premiere, the episode will flash back to his memories of 1997. Procter explained, "The story line is showing how everybody meets, and his first view of everyone--I was new on the force; Adam's character was working as a tow truck driver; Horatio [Caine, David Caruso] had his same job." In order to appear younger, "I sucked my stomach in really hard," Procter said with a laugh. More seriously, she added, "And I tried to make Calleigh the way she would have been before the damage of her job--more Southern and light--less protected and more enthusiastic about everything. I'm hoping that it's going to work. Either that or I'm just going to look really amped up."

Now I need double up in enlightenment....
    "It will only work out if he's physically capable of continuing the relationship, which he may or may not be," she said

WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!! Someone please please!!!!!!!!!!:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:.

I assume we are not talking xxx here but what then? Is she also trying to hide the fact he IS leaving?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  8. tamemyheart4692

tamemyheart4692 Hit and Run

its been a long time since I've been on here, but honestly, I've lost hope.

This just infuriates me. WhY??? We've been waiting so dang long for them to get together. And now Adam is leaving. Since he will not physically be on the show, I have to assume that Cal and Eric will not continue.

I will watch the remainder of his episodes, but after that I do not know. CBS has certainly screwed us over. No, I don't think that actors need any more money, considering that a lot of people live below poverty level. But couldn't they throw him a bone? Maybe a mid-season break? Or an hour lunch??

I'm so dissapointed in TPTB. We do have the largest fan base. We've pretty much had to hope that they would get together (for at least three seasons).

I'm happy that Adam is doing what he wants to be doing, if that is what he wants to be doing. I hope Emily leaves the show too. I like Eva and Jonathan, but I feel that Adam and Emily (especially their characters) have held up the show for the past two seasons. I mean, I know I would hope like hell that "this would be the week that they get together". Probably why I tuned in. Some people will stay because of the show in general, some because of Caruso, some because of Jon, Eva and Eddie, but if Em leaves to, ratings will definitely drop even more than they do from Adam leaving. This is so awful, but I really hope that this is the start of the end for CSI Miami.

TPTB- ya really f***ed yourself over on this one. Congrats!:beer::thumbsup:

9. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I agree with some of what you are saying. Not all, but a good chunk. TPTB, imo, will be kicking themselves before the season is over. E/C does have a large fan base but at the same time you are the ones who took 7 years to finally get them together (arse kick #1). Now you screw Adam over (arse kick #2) and now you probably won't do anything with E/C...good or bad b/c you figure if "out of sight out of mind" you therefore don't have to and have basically screwed over a large chunk of your fan base in doing so (arse kick #3). The ultimate possible arse kick would be if Emily did decide to leave. I agree that both individually and together these two characters have kept this show afloat in the latter years. Lose both of them and you will lose fans. I personally think the clocking is already ticking on that possibility.

I understand Adam leaving and wish him all the best. The problem here is how the writers will handle it.....b/c in the end, they won't handle it. They will let it disappear with the character and all that work and time will have been a waste. All our time will have been wasted. This show is notorius for leaving stories unfinished, questions unanswered and just having huge holes in it. Case in point any character who has either disappeared or had one of their stories left hanging in the breeze...and there are quite a few. I often feel like this is done b/c these writers don't feel like actually writing and finishing what they start or b/c they realize it isn't working but instead of closing it out, they let it either fade away or just act like it never happened. And they wonder why they get no good press and most outlets make fun of them? :rolleyes:

10. electra

electra Pathologist

Due to recent spoilers,my interest in the show is zero.But If there is something good between E/C please let me know.I like the rest of the cast but not enough to watch every single monday.I have the feeling that the show is going downhil and the writers are desperate.

11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well Electra ....you are not alone:).

I have however decided on another approach ....What are the chances of happy reunion with the 7 episodes or within this season off screen?

Let´s use our prestorylineexperience and take a guess. No prices for guessing correctly :p.

I will tune in for the very last episode if there is a renuion in sight but if not then I am saying goodbye "Miami."

How will I know a happy reunion is commin if I am not watching show....Well you may take a guess on that one too.:guffaw:

12. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Reading about Adam leaving CSI Miami really made me sad, him, Emily and Jonathan are the main reason I watch. It will definately be odd watching the show without Adam as a part of the team anymore. He's moving on and I am happy for him but I'll always remember him as Eric Delko.

Another reason why I'm sad is because after all these seasons, we finally got to see Eric and Calliegh together. I feel sort of cheated, I know that I have yet to see how things will be shown between them this season but Adam has only done a certain amount of episodes. It leaves me to wonder, if they'll rush Eric and Calleigh's storyline or let their pairing continue even after Adam leaves the show.

13. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Ok, so I just saw the CTV 8.01 promo. It's a bit different than the one we've been seeing for the last week
    Basically, we hear H yelling something like " ...he's here Calleigh, we're gonna find him..." Then he does find him and we see Calleigh kneeling and yelling "...he's breathing...", just like in the other promo. What's different is the scene at the hospital where a very distressed and tearful :( Calleigh tells Alexx "...he's gonna be ok..." We also sort of see the team ( I'm guessing around Eric's hospital bed). Nothing from the flashbacks.
    What I don't understand is, if Adam's leaving the show, why are they still promoting the love story? I mean Cal looks completely broken down! After seeing this, nobody will have a doubt in their mind that she's completely head over heels in love with Delco! Makes me wonder what the writers have in store for us. IMO, I don't think we've seen the last of E/C!

Isn't it sad that the premiere is only one week away, and I'm not as excited as I used to be about it? :(

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  14. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Trust me you are not alone in the lack of excitement. Honestly, even if Adam weren't leaving I don't think I would be excited either. Usually by now there are countdowns etc but nada. It is sad state of affairs to be honest. These writers have gone and taken our hopes and dreams and trashed them yet again :lol:

well from the spoilers I read, Calleigh is really upset. She does care about him. I also think she feels a little guilty b/c she probably feels that if she sided with him the situation could have been avoided. I am curious to see what Eric says to her after he wakes up that starts the rift between them. I hope he isn't a complete arse and is like "get the hell away from me" or something like that. Then again knowing these writers....that is exactly what will happen :rolleyes: These writers really do lack creativity and the ability to write anything interesitng. I have given them the benefit of the doubt for far too long.

Adam's departure has brought about "out of characterness" for these two characters stretching all the way back to the second to last ep of the season through the finale. That whole situation with his dad calling him and him talking to him behind her back was total crap imo. After what happened in 716 and they pretty much agreed no secrets he goes and does that? Yeah no way. Both of them were very out of character in those eps. Another reason I think his departure from the show was either known or in the works before last season ended. I have let my feelings be known about that in previous posts so I am not going to go into it again. :rolleyes:

I am honestly hoping that they won't end E/C when Adam leaves. They can write it like Grissom/Sara and still have them together w/o him on the show. Adam has said in an interview that they are leaving his character's future if you will "open ended" in order to give him opportunities to "stop by" from time to time. So E/C could stay together. I really hope the writers give us something b/c we have waited so long and cirmcustance such as they are shouldn't mean that we get punished or disappointed. In the end, the only casualties in all of this, are us, the fans. Which is sad b/c we are the ones who keep this show on the air in the first place....you'd think they want to keep us happy. Plus by having them stay together gives hope and excitement when and should the opportunity arise for Adam to return. Oh man, they are going to screw this up I know it :lol:

I have said it before and will continue to say it until the writers prove to me otherwise....THIS IS GONNA SUCK!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  15. Fanofcalleigh

Fanofcalleigh Witness

CBS youtube channel put a new sneak peek of the season premiere of Csi miami and it's about Hiphuggers !!!!! :p i was so happy when i saw it ..
    Here 's the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n5-rGirQdo

They are so CUTTTTEEEEEE .. i cant wait for the premiere
    6 DAYS LEFT!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.