The 30 and Over Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 21, 2008.

1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

my best friend is staying with me, with her 2 year old son (my godson) and he is sooo tiring. i feel like i'm ready to retire!

2. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Don't think I've ever seen My Mother the Car. But, Jacquie, I can watch Dragnet on Saturday nights. It's on the station RTN (Retro Television Network) :p

Susan

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ i've never heard of my mother the car - i've heard of my mother the war which is a song by 10,000 maniacs. it's good!

4. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^^ thanks! ps lovely avatar :)

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Oh man, I love Rowan and Martin's Laugh In. I've only seen it in re-runs, but man that show was funny. Sock it to me!

7. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I forget which night Laugh In was on but it was a must watch show. Another good character was Arte Johnson. I loved his little old man :lol:

Now a good classic Canadian show for me was Wayne and Shuster. I loved them and their sketches were just classics. Shakespearean baseball, Playing Golf in Downtown Toronto and lets not forget Rinse the Blood off my Togo with the line 'I told him, Julie don't go'. This line is still a classic today.:guffaw:For those that don't know Wayne and Shuster this is the info that Wikipedia has on them.

8. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Oh my! Thats - well that has made me speechless!! :lol:

Good thing I am only 37! :p *ducks* ;)

Seriously that could be an interesting channel. I am sure we have all heard of programming that will be shown on there.

9. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

End of an era--Wrigley's will stop wrapping its sticks of chewing gum in the foil wrapper to save costs.

McGuyver will be pissed.

"Kids, when I was your age, I listened to most of my music on 8-tack tapes and vinyl records and later on - cassettes, remembered when my dad bought a carton of Salem cigarettes for about $8, and sticks of Wrigley's gum was wrapped in foil wrappers." Then puzzled they'll ask. " What are those things you're talking about?

10. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Wave at LisaS....

So this question is for all UK or European viewers over 30.....In the mid 70 - I think - there was the BBC dramaseries about the poor guy who ends up running this shipping company. The intro and exit scene is of a sail ship at sea. The show takes place or is set in the 1700 or 1800. And the leading man was quite the "hot shot" at the time. But I have absolutly no idea of the title. Can anyone help me?:).

11. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

12. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

Wow, just saw this thread for the first time...awesome to know there are people around my age here! I am 38 and a July baby (like my favorite guy Eric Szmanda:)). Terminally single (must be the scales (been wanting to watch Bridget Jones again lately)), no children (but would like ten of them), and not allowed to have pets (mean landlord!). Total workaholic...think I may be turning into (the old) Sara Sidle! Probably too much information there, sorry:lol:.

As I read through the posts, I saw things that made me smile...Duran Duran (had the capezios, leather pants, and fedoras), Mork and Mindy (my Mom used to tell me that I was from Ork and that I arrived here in an egg), and Lite Brite! We used to have posters of Duran Duran, Spandua Ballet, Culture Club, and Aha all over our basement. Though we grew up in the 70's/80's, our parents raised my sister and I on the music from the 50's and 60's...I love Doo Wop (and the cars from back then as well, with thier fins)!

Anyway, thanks for the trip down memory lane, and sorry for the over share:lol:...

13. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Welcome. We are many and we will one day rule the world! :D

:lol:

So, with all this useful over 30 information we can share here, I'm thinking there should be some sort of over-30-pedia or something? :lol:

14. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

It might just be....thank you....

Now I will have to go through how to get the :evil: thing. Because one can NOT buy the stuff via BBC according the Wiki. Was going to surprise someone with the series, but now it might be easier to get "Against the Wind" then the Onedin Line. ( With the correct subtitles of course).
    But if I someday want to buy .....mmm....lets say -- old episodes of the "Not the nine o´clock news" , does BBC sell box - sets of old shows or.....?

Welcome to gregfan3

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

that is mean of the landlord - pets are great :) i'm terminally single too, but only because i want to be, i don't like going out with people, i get annoyed by them too quickly!

in our school you weren't allowed to have durans AND spandaus, you had to pick one or the other! i guess it was my first experience of clashing fandoms :D i like both tho :D