Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. das576

das576 Hit and Run

I'm still having a hard time getting excited about the upcoming season regardless of the promo:

because even though they have a cute moment in the season opener, the end result isn't looking good. They are going to break up and he is leaving the show, at least that's what the spoilers are telling us in regards to their romance and it's pretty much been confirmed by him that he is leaving the show after this season and it does not look like the writers are writing him out too intelligently. It really upsets me and I don't even want to watch. I'm thinking I'll dvr the whole season and check in here once and a while to see what's going on and then if something good does happen with E/C, I'll watch. I'm so upset that they took 7 years to bring them together and now are breaking them up. What a HUGE Letdown!!

2. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Actually, whoever says that has no clue as to the true nature of the characters. Think about it: how unrealistic would it be for Eric, being the player we all know he was, to meet CALLEIGH, and NOT to make a move on her? Calleigh, miss "hotness" personified, queen of sex appeal! :drool: IMO, the only reason they didn't get together all those years ago, it's cause Cal didn't want to be 1st with Eric the womanizer, then with Eric the colleague/friend. The rest, as they say, is history! :lol:
    Actually, I'm still waiting for someone to give me an opinion on a previous question I asked about episode 8.01
    In the ambulance, H says " Stay with US Eric" do you guys think that Cal's in there too?

3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

WHY _ WHY _ WHY are they once again bringing the couple up front and center? We all :)lol: in Hiphuggerland) know Eric is leaving 5 episodes later. And they apperantly break - up in the end of this or next episode. Which could be -"I didn´t see that coming" effect in 01 or 02? But is that a good thing for the show? Given that they cann´t spend eons of time on personal stuff in producel(?) crime shows. Why are they once again promoting a lovestory that will not be a factor in the show within the next 5 episodes. As one pointed out: Ratings skyrockted for the "kiss"? and ratings might go up for the "goodbye" but then what??????????

I am now getting annoyed as a fan of the show. This storyline is promoted as the flagship in last season and season premiere. In promo there was 2-3 sec peek at Ryan, Nat and Frank where as Jesse got lines:rolleyes:. We got our hiphuggermoment. (Sweet and adorable by the way)
    But even the team- picture in the "end shot" hints at the love -storyline. With Horatio - Eric and Calleigh as the team with a begining. And Eric and Calleighpictures are from the scene where he asks for her number. So Hiphugger or not they choose to promote "it". BUT we know they will/can not keep it up for more then this or next episode. Then 3 - 5 episodes later it is "up and goodby". So .........Viewers tuning in for the "love", will they be off too? Will hiphuggerclan be so disappointed they leave too? Will viewers that left last season being annoyed by the loveline return or will they have found news shows to watch? I am not speaking of us in here but the general fanbase? Someone mentioned Eric will have a Doug ending from ER. :confused: That show survived an ending to a hyped lovestory but will CSI Miami? Las Vegas has survived but did they- until the very end - promote their lovestoryline so much????? But if this is a crimesolving show let´s promote that. IMO the shocking affect could/should have be odd hairdoes and funny clothes.

I am so annoyed I will post this in spoiler tread too:brickwall:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  4. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

You know, I can't imagine watching this show without these characters. And though everyone's kinda saying that Adam's leaving, I can't seem to accept the fact that he is :( I can't help but think of the situation in a very optimistic point of view. It's like I say to myself "he's not leaving" or like "that's just a trick to get people to watch" and stuff like that.. But I'm pretty sure that when the time comes, whatever the E/C scene maybe, I'll really be sad and I'll seriously break down..cause it's been like 7 years and I'm hooked to them and suddenly they're leaving :(

5. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Goodday hiphuggerclan

There is one very positve thing about the promo.

They have realized that E/C brings in the fans. So they are put front and center.

Then they break-up. Thoose of you who know spoilers better then I. You seem to be convinced we will not get a big break-up scene. But I think we will get something. Either him from the bed saying this don´t work any more or him saying it as she drives him home. I base this on the "fact" that he says my former girlfriend has trust issues in epi 3 or 4 and she calling out his name in 05. He makes the break and she still calls out his name. He is the breaker. :guffaw: . But him calling Nat and her calling out his name. They are not resolved.

But the show has relized the impact or fasinacion of the storyline so how far will they go to break their golden egg? From the spoilers they are not resolved which should make viewers stay on air. But will they/we?
    The way spoilers are hinting at them perhaps getting back together -someday- could be the excuse for him returning in May and we get our wedding or final break - up Jake-style.

As to that I have 2 points:

1. Jake style .....Please - we have seen that before and -NO- any Eric - deaths in May are not unseen as to Calleigh boyfriends.
    2. I would watch a wedding in May. But what to do with the rest of the season. I am not kidding: this storyline being part of reason for watching why should I watch later on????? Eric is gone and Calliegh is alone. Ryan is a lovely guy.( Jonathan seems extremly nice in Extra Material on DVD) and that Eddie might be a McHottie. BUT.......Committing to characters is a serious deal for viewers. Look at Grease vs. High School Musical. Both same theme and same agegrouptarget. Both a succes in their time. But in between thoose films there tons and tons of films that didn´t make it. For any good but oldies I am not forgetting that some films were big hits in the 80 and 90. If characters doesn´t strike a note in the viewer forget it.
    So IMO they should have prepare for actors leaving way before this.....Even if this break between Franchise and Adam is a moneything and just happed during the summerbreak.
    And as to our storyline they started this ball rolling way to late and now are trying to stop a ball in full motion?:confused:
    Do you smell disaster too? And do not worry I am mature enough to seperate my hiphuggerfeelings from showfeelings.[/SPOILER]?

For ihsyap.

I think we will have to start the hiphuggerrehabcenter when this ends in x episodes;).

If only Adam hadn´t made his interview perhaps the coporation could still have changed their mind and kept him. Who knows.

I know that fans have committed their time and viewing pleasure to Ericcharacter and I am not certain they will warm up to Eddie that easy. Just look at Tara character. ....

One could fear that the demise of Tara was brought on by fans wanting a Alexxtype returning. But misread as fans/viewers not ready for a new female character?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  6. Speckles

Speckles Civilian

Hello everyone! I thought I should just jump in and introduce myself because I am a big fan of Eric/Calleigh and I know that I've seen a few of you around on ff.net and youtube, and thought it'd be pretty interesting if I finally relented and came over here.

I know with all the spoilers going around, things are a little stressful here. But I still remain hopeful. I mean, I've been avoiding spoilers, so i'm probably not as informed as most and would prefer to stay that way...but I really really do have hope here, because if seven years of build up is thrown by the wayside, CSI isn't as smart as we all thought it was. Sitting in hope, lol.

So Hi! Everybody! It's nice to drop in here before the new season starts so I can get to know some of you before it gets crazy!

7. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Speckles, welcome to the thread!
    Just wanted to tell you that I'm really enjoying your latest story. It's becoming one of my favourite ones and I always look forward to new chapters. Just keep them coming! If there was any time that EC stories were needed, this is it.

8. dione1984

dione1984 Dead on Arrival

Whats up Speckles! Just thought Id let you know im loving your latest story and the fact im a HUGE Maxwell fan and you are using some of his lyrics makes it even better. cant wait for updates. glad you came on here.

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well, nice untouched tread all to myself:evil:.

First up. Hi and Welcome Speckles.

Secondly
    did you read or hear that Adam might not been un show more then once. Source an entertaiment site. Opss CSI writers b/c ending it like that......I don´t think so.....

If you follow spoilertread too, you know by now I am a mission to see which characters on the show that pull the good ratings. If that is possible. Say Eric is the most popular....Heads up Jesse. If Calleigh is... then writers better not forget her when you know what.

If they kill him off. I will accept that and move on to other shows. If they fix her later with whomever. I will move on to other show. If they ruin her character by any odd reaction later. I will not repeat. And you know what? I do belive a lot of fans feel the same. I have come to belive this might be the begining of the end. My magic 8-ball tells me so. E/C will live on in fanfiction world and I wish them all the best. Both actors I wish great futures and a lot of luck. But you heard it here first. IMO this is the begining of the end.

Todays post by Ajbuckly;)

10. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Actually....

We know from Adam himself via his twitter page and some interviews that he will be "in and out" throughout season 8. So I think it might be safe to say, given some pictures we have of the premiere where we see him awake...that they are not killing him off. ;)

As for E/C...I am hoping that at some point within his (Adam) guest appearances that the writers resolve E/C. Even if he is never going to be on the show again there is nothing that says he and Cal can't stay together.....my fear is of someone else leaving b/c I really feel like the show is on a down turn.

IDK if anyone else is leaving....it is just my fear that it could happen.

11. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Reality's just starting to sink in :eek: ! I just read some posts in the spoiler thread...
    Adam's name will NOT be in the opening credits! It's being replaced by the new CSI's :scream:
    It's a sad sad day...:(

12. csimiamilove

csimiamilove Dead on Arrival

I definitley agree with delkolover.. I'm scared of another cast member leaving. And I hope that they do bring him back occasionaly, even if there isn't much of a chance I'll just hope for it. But I don't know about you guys... I just got back from class and looked at the cbs press website and it just made my day get worse (already have tons of hw). For the 2nd and 3rd episode the photos were just like a disappointment I guess I should say? :( I am not sure if this counts as a spoiler so just to be safe...
    Really? The only pictures I saw were of like Eddie's character, Jesse I think. And there was a little bit of Horatio. But like nothing of Calleigh, Eric, Ryan, Natalia or Frank (he was in like 3), and not so much of Horatio.
    I guess my point is that I understand they are trying to like show him off and get people's attention because he is a new character, but what about the originals and those that have been there for a couple of years? Don't they think that we will want to see more of them and a little of Jesse? I'm starting to not like his character even more and haven't even seen the premiere. And I'm not gonna lie.. I think I saw someone else say this.. I don't remember who, but the fact that there's a couple pictures of Jesse shirtless and we had to wait and wait for the few scenes where Eric was shirtless which was like never.
    And thenn..
    Not quite sure if I saw if for the 2nd or 3rd episode but today on the CBS press site for the episode description on the pictures for one of the two eps. it said something about Calleigh's testimony about/against Eric putting his job as a CSI in jeapordy. NOOO! Is it not possible to give them a break? Come on.. :scream: how is this not gonna tear them all apart? Including Frank, Horatio, Ryan and Natalia. I really hope that they don't have Jesse try and make a move or win Calleigh over. Hopefully, in my opinion at least, they will have Calleigh interacting with Ryan and Natalia and Frank and Horatio, basically anyone but him. Which I mean.. based on the pictures I've seen it's all Jesse anyway so Calleigh must not be with him right?
    Okay sorry for rambling a bit too much just had to get that out. Anybody agree with me on any of that? :confused: Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
    Oh, I lied. I just saw one picture with Natalia in it. :rolleyes: Still wish there were more with her and the others though.

Just saw the TV Guide Magazine with the interview from Emily P. Anybody know what she means by: "It will only work out if he's physically capable of continuing the relationship, which he may or may not be. Calleigh may once again have to move on." Is that just for people who don't know that he is going to live? Don't know if it's a spoiler:
    Then at one point when asked how Calleigh is dealing with the fact that she shot Delko "She's upset that her boyfriend is hurt, but has no remorse. :confused: I shot a scene the other day where she was like, "Look, he was not doing right, and I shot him. You'd shoot him, too.""
    Guess he's doing television and movies still.. thought I read that he was going to do just movies but maybe not now.. http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Adam-Rodriguez-1009551.aspx

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  13. delkolover

Well we know from the spoilers that IAB interviews Cal and Eric about what happened in the finale. Now since we know that Eric is back at work, even for a short time, in ep 805 that he still has his job and we know she still has hers so....do the math. ;)

That doesn't mean that what Cal has to say is nice....I honestly think she thought he was fleeing the scene but can you honestly tell me, as viewer, you didn't think the same thing? Then there is the little part about how and why they ended up in the glades...Eric can't answer that. And hopefully the writers aren't opening a can of worms they don't intend to close at some point this season b/c that would be stupid. Although lately this season, thus far, the writers look like idiots!!

Stetler asks Cal flat out if she thought he was fleeing the scene that day and she replies that she knows NOW he wasn't but Stelter says that they are there to ascertain what she was thinking that day....Cal hesitates her answer and the scene cuts out. But again, thinking logically for a moment if they both still have their jobs something tells me she either lies and says she didn't think he was fleeing the scene but rather that the car, was fleeing the scene. It is splitting hairs but I honestly think that is what she is going to do....she is going to give Stelter one of those speeches where she says she was doing what she was trained to do in that type of situation but she didn't doubt him. When we sort of know she did doubt his actions.

I have said my piece about how one and she could have doubted him that day. Both of them had their attitudes in the finale but he still should have told someone what he was doing and where he was going. He had to have known that driving, with a known felon, through a active shootout and crime scene wouldn't look good.

Can anyone honestly say that they didn't think he was fleeing the scene or doing something that would be construed as such?

In the end, both were acting like idiots in the finale....and imo, way out of character but I guess it all makes sense now as to why it was like that....ie Adam leaving! if you want to read my opinion and circumstances on that, head over to the spoiler thread ;)

Given the current and future state of affairs, our thread title just oozes irony....don't ya think? ;) :lol:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  14. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Heartbroken is the word of the day. :(

Alright, I love this ship to death and what they are doing to it is completely breaking my heart. It sucks that Eric is leaving, I still think that we should see Calleigh struggle with it rather than flash her 100 watt smile and pretend everything is ok. I want to see her realize how wrong she was about what has happened with her and Eric and how they left things. You are honestly going to tell me that after building all of this up that it is possible that they will destroy it in a handful of episodes. I do hope that before the end of the season that they will be back together because they do deserve that happy ending (yes, I do realize that I probably sound like a broken record, sorry)

I don't want Calleigh to fall back into the pattern of choosing the wrong guy (or worse Jake coming back). We need to keep faith in our ship even if TPTB have given up on it.

15. delkolover

We can only hope.....according to Ausiello Adam has agreed to do 7 eps for the season. We know info on 3 lets hope the other 4 are more interesting. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.