CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way Hill Harper explained it, Sarah will start out recurring - if the character works out and the audience responds (apparently, although I personally doubt we'll have much to do with it), they could upgrade her to series reg status.

My opinion of it is that making her a reg is the ultimate plan, but they just want to avoid signing someone to a contract (and paying them more money) if they might end up wishing they hadn't down the road. So when (or if) everyone involved is happy with the actress and character, she'll become the reg they were talking about before. :)

Here's a video from ET Canada. AJ Buckley is showing Sarah Carter around the set of CSI: NY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvMX4hVe2MM

AJ is such a dork. :p

LOL! Bless you, AJ. I remember that interview he did with Craig Ferguson last year, it was right after the episode where he has to say Methoxy-diisopropyltryptamine, and he said it in the interview too.

Methoxy-diisopropyltryptamine! Methoxy-diisopropyltryptamine! :lol::lol:

Awwww, AJ really is adorkable!!! *where is Fay???* :D

Sarah Carter's voice reminds me a little of Joey Lauren Adams (I think that's her name) from Chasing Amy. Hard to tell from the clip what the character will be like, but she seems cool! The Gary Sinise gum bit cracked me up. :lol:

Top41 said:
I can't say I'm shocked that Reed and Sam won't be back in the near future, and that there are no concrete plans to bring them back. It's still a CSI show, and they can't loop in relatives unless it really makes a lot of sense to have them around.

Depending on what direction they're going for with Flack, I think it would make sense that Sam comes back to support him -- would it be just for the fact that he loss Jess and that he recently became workaholic (as mention in a previous spoiler). A small scene taking place in front of Jess' grave, with Sam worrying about Flack and asking questions to make sure he doesn't need anything. Then, we could have a minor update on Sam's recovery as Flack would most likely turn the conversation on her.

As for Louie... there was so much opportunities that TPTB let pass by to bring him back. If the brother was still alive, wouldn't Danny want him to be there when he got married?!!! I mean, he's his brother, his blood. The way Danny cried for Louie, I don't think he held any grudge against him anymore after that he finally learned the truth, so IMO I think he would have want him there but somehow that's not how it was written. Usually you want close friends and family to be witnesses, not coworkers? Unless they are close friends but beside Mac, Stella kinda felt out of place (I can't even remember if Flack was there lol my memory is so bad). But that's the Constant Continuity Problem! Just like in the S5 finale when we learned that Sid was a close friend of Angell. :confused: Can't remember his exact words but it all implied that they were friends outside of work yet it was never shown on-screen thus leaving the audience with no knowledge of their friendship (and making me go WTF). I don't like it when things are forced down my throat as a viewer but some things needs to be said and shown if it got to make sense to the audience, no? But I digress.

All that being said...
I cannot wait for S6 to start!!! I cannot wait to discuss the episodes and the new character, as well as what's in store for our CSIs! :D

Thanks SO MUCH for the clip P.A.!! It is all coming back to me now I almost forgot what it was like to watch CSINY!!

Loved the bit about the hard to pronounce words. :lol: AJ is so cute. I loved how he said burrito "barita". :lol: Adorable! The gum bit was funny. I loved "CSI: Prince George". :lol:

Depending on what direction they're going for with Flack, I think it would make sense that Sam comes back to support him -- would it be just for the fact that he loss Jess and that he recently became workaholic (as mention in a previous spoiler). A small scene taking place in front of Jess' grave, with Sam worrying about Flack and asking questions to make sure he doesn't need anything. Then, we could have a minor update on Sam's recovery as Flack would most likely turn the conversation on her.

Oh, it would make total sense, yeah, but it's also a matter of fitting it into the script and then getting the actress back. It might not be worth her while to come back for one scene. Or she might not be available. There are a lot more factors than just the writers wanting her back. Plus, with Flack being an arm's length type of guy, it's not likely that he'd turn to his younger sister for support.

Don't get me wrong--I really want to see her again! Sam more than anyone else, really... Reed had a great storyline and I've long since given up hope on seeing Louie again.

As for Louie... there was so much opportunities that TPTB let pass by to bring him back. If the brother was still alive, wouldn't Danny want him to be there when he got married?!!! I mean, he's his brother, his blood. The way Danny cried for Louie, I don't think he held any grudge against him anymore after that he finally learned the truth, so IMO I think he would have want him there but somehow that's not how it was written. Usually you want close friends and family to be witnesses, not coworkers? Unless they are close friends but beside Mac, Stella kinda felt out of place (I can't even remember if Flack was there lol my memory is so bad).

Flack was not at the wedding--that was beyond lame. :rolleyes: He's Danny's best friend--he should have been there. Maybe he was protesting. ;) The wedding wasn't really planned anyway, so I can see why Louie wasn't there. It still sucks that there's been no storyline to bring Louie back at all. Danny being injured and in a wheelchair could open the door for it, but I'm definitely not counting on it happening.

You have right with Louie. Because Danny is ill and in the wheel chair sits it could become possible a return of Louie. The opportunity would be good, I think.

If Sam returns, I shall like that Don candies to her, needs him to release himself from this weight, and she, never will betray him!
It would allow them of tightened the links!

For Reed, I do not feel the need to see again he, on the other hand, I shall really like seeing again Louie, in a single episode, this character knew how to make appreciated.

Top41 said:

Awwww, AJ really is adorkable!!! *where is Fay???* :D
I am always here, m'dear. :p

I haven't watched the clip yet, but I will. I'm looking forward to seeing how Sarah fits with everyone else, and if her arrival means a few more Adam scenes, I ain't gonna complain. ;)

Top41 said:

Oh, it would make total sense, yeah, but it's also a matter of fitting it into the script and then getting the actress back. It might not be worth her while to come back for one scene. Or she might not be available. There are a lot more factors than just the writers wanting her back.
Yeah, as much as it sucks not to see bits of these types of characters, it makes sense that they couldn't bring them back unless they were really featured - it sucks, but I get it.

Still, I think they could toss in some dialogue for free. ;) Flack mentions Sam in passing, Danny brings up Louie's name, Mac says goodbye to Reed on the phone just before the scene begins - I don't think TPTB realize how much they could appease us with just a few casual lines of dialogue every once in a while. :p

Top41 said:
Oh, it would make total sense, yeah, but it's also a matter of fitting it into the script and then getting the actress back. It might not be worth her while to come back for one scene. Or she might not be available. There are a lot more factors than just the writers wanting her back.

Oh, I know that there is way more factors (budget, availability, on-going storylines, CSI being a crime show, etc.) but I was more referring to the part of the discussion about writers always thinking of mind-blowing storylines/plotline. They can always go simple, straight to the point. If it will make sense for her to come back in the season (and only if -- don't destroy the character with weird storyline), they don't have to make it huge.

Plus, with Flack being an arm's length type of guy, it's not likely that he'd turn to his younger sister for support.
Yeah, but that's not what I was saying at all :p It's not a question of Flack wanting help or not, it's a question of a sister worrying for her brother and wanting to support him through grief -- the age factor wouldn't change a thing. Plus, she probably feels she's in debt with him. So, whatever Flack will say to Sam I really don't think it will reassure her, specially with Flack drowning himself into work, which is not his usual self IMO.

Flack was not at the wedding--that was beyond lame. :rolleyes: He's Danny's best friend--he should have been there. Maybe he was protesting. ;)
Ah, so he wasn't there! Lame. Out of everyone, his presence would have made more sense.

Hahaha, I can see him protesting too. Which makes me think of that episode where Flack and Danny are at that basketball game and Flack tells Danny he should fight with Linds more often :lol: "If you get married there will be no more basketball games, EVER!"

The wedding wasn't really planned anyway, so I can see why Louie wasn't there.
Well, it was planned on some level, giving him the time to call the bro and ask him if he could come, no? Or maybe it's my Italian blood speaking lol Famiglia before all! :lol:

It still sucks that there's been no storyline to bring Louie back at all. Danny being injured and in a wheelchair could open the door for it, but I'm definitely not counting on it happening.
Absolutely!!! It could give Louie the opportunity to make up for the past, for one thing. And the bros definitively need to catch up on each other's life.

Hey NY fans. I've just gotten into NY(long standing LV fan)but I did see a promo for NY during the Patriots/Redskins game tonight. I'm sorry I can't remember everything but I do remember the part where Danny says that he can't feel his legs. Also someone did mention Danny being in a wheelchair but sorry I can't remember anything else...

Oh one more thing. I could of sworn I saw AJ in bed but don't quote me on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back