Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That's what the remote is for, it actually changes channels:rolleyes: and I will bet that the 1st episode,"Family Affair" will blow all the other shows out of the water, and come out #1. I like to think positive, and I want to see the crossovers, if that's what the writers want to show to the fans, and I put faith in thier smarts. NO matter what they show, I'm usually happy and waiting for the next weeks episode. There were some real bombs in S/9, but I think this season will rule:bolian:

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

As frusturated as I am about certain storylines, I will still watch as long as my fave characters are there. :lol: I don't mind Sara returning (I'm actually looking forward to her interacting with Nick and Greg and all her other former co-workers again).

It's just the crossover that I have issues with because they're only seemingly allowing one character to crossover (not to mention its a storyline that Miami has done several times already- how about something new for a change- I don't think that's too much to ask personally) and I've been wanting Greg to be in the crossover for eons. :lol: Cath has already crossedover to Miami, George won't do crossovers just like Billy wouldn't. Eric seemed open to the possibility in his Monte Carlo interview. So, I just don't see why Greg can't go also. Why does it have to be only one person going? Cath and Warrick both went to Miami last time.

I'm hoping Ray won't be going alone and the media either doesn't know or just isn't reporting that. I'd forgive the repetiveness of the whole human trafficking storyline if they'd let Greg go with Ray. :lol: In fact, if they let Greg go with Ray to the crossovers, I promise that I'll try not to complain anymore this season (providing that they don't do anything I don't like with Greg or Nick lol). That alone ought to be enough incentive for tptb. :lol:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

What she said!:thumbsup:

4. GregNickRyanFan

Okay, I'm curious as to how this crossover thing is going to work. Well only the Vegas writers write for Ray's parts in all three shows, or with the Miami and NY writers write for Ray's part on their shows? If it's the latter, I wonder how the other sets of writers will handle the writing of the character.

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

The thing I don't get about this crossover (besides the Langston thing, but I won't get into that) is that it supposedly starts on Miami and then continues to the other two. Are they just going to say that Langston decided to come to Miami? What, does Langston show up in Miami because it started in Vegas, and then it goes to New York and then goes back to Vegas to start all over again? They're the most unlucky human traffickers ever if that's it, because they pick the three police departments that almost always win.

6. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I'm thinking they must leave a cliffhanger-y type of ending on on Thursday, that way when Miami rolls around you know why he is there. It jumps to NY, and than back to Vegas? I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see I guess, but it doesn't seem to make alot of sense to me.

7. GregNickRyanFan

No, it doesn't make sense. It's just seems like another excuse for them to put that character further into the forefront. Doesn't seem like its about them thinking the audience wants to see a crossover... because if it was about that, wouldn't they would have done that a long time ago with characters like Greg (since Eric doesn't seem to be opposed to it), Warrick and Cath (who did one before) or maybe even Sara (if Jorja would have wanted to)?

8. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

^^Agreed!!! I think a crossover is too soon for this particular character...but what do I know.

9. GregNickRyanFan

It is way too soon. Some viewers are still not comfortable enough with the character and him being involved in the crossover of both of the other shows is not going to make those viewers feel more comfortable. The tptb are like a child who cannot wait to show off their shiny new toy. :lol:

10. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

That is why someone from Vegas who is well received by the fans needs to accompany Ray to Miami and NY. This would elevate Ray's status and also ease the minds of those fans who feel a bit betrayed that Ray is getting the juicier spots. Star of the show or not and whether or not the actors care, the fans do and while you can't cater to everyone you really need to take into consideration those fans who really want to like CSI:TNG but not at the expense of their favorite characters...

It's pretty simple when you think about it...

11. GregNickRyanFan

I completely agree. I really just can't get over the fact that they claimed they introduced the Ray character gradually. Do they not know the meaning of the word? Cause that was so no gradual. :lol: If it had been gradual, no one would be complaining where the character is concerned. :lol:

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I think the "Crossovers" will be fine, I'm not thrilled with one of the other CSI characters, but done with the expertise of the writers, it'll be fine. One of my all time favs. was The crossovers with Grissom and Jack from "WOAT" so if they do it with finesse, it'll be great. Here's tiny re-cap of the first ep. "FAMILY AFFAIR"~

FAMILY AFFAIR

13. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

The problem seems to be that they're not doing it with finesse. I'd rather at the very least have one of the other characters, like Greg, go with Langston, or preferably have it be Catherine go in Langston's place. That would make it more realistic, IMO. Or, even better, why not have Mac, Horatio or Flack appear on LV. Or multiple people from Miami and NYC? That would be fun.

Honestly, I think that the only reason they're doing this crossover is that they've been wanting to for several years, but because WP is not into the spin-offs, he's nixed it as an EP. Shame.

I love CSI, and many aspects of the show, and am not ready to give up on it yet like I have some other shows, but everything I've heard, or not heard, has been rather disapointing.

14. EOcean214

EOcean214 Dead on Arrival

I agree with you DesertWind. When I heard Crossover I immediatley thought of Miami/Vegas Cross over years ago in the first initial seasons of the show. They made it work. And I did enjoy the Without a Trace Crossover as well. I wasn't under the impression that they were sending Ray by himself there. I don't know if creators are pushing the character in front of the limelight as much as pushing the actor and name of Lawrence Fishburne out in the front to gain some publicity... Maybe? :confused: What do I know though. The crossovers have worked for me in the past though! ;)

15. GregNickRyanFan

Excluding the WAT crossover, the other crossovers were specifically to introduce the characters of a new show (the spin-offs). This crossover doesn't have a big purpose like that behind it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.