Torchwood

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Clarrisani, Jul 17, 2007.

1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Another point that has a part of me wondering if I'll continue on is I can't get past Captain Jack sacrificing his own grandchild. I guess it's the mom in me that just has me questioning whether I would forgive him if he did that to my child.

I love the guy, hate the deed is what I'm saying.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah, that was a dark ending for sure. But I wonder... what do you guys think were the other options? Go out and find another child? Or... what? I wouldn't have a clue. And in this case, I'm sure he was looking at it from the same persepctive those government officials were doing, although he was willing to sacrifice his "own" child where they weren't. They were standing back and saying it's OK to make the sacrifice, as long as it's not my child. In a way, Jack was far more moral... in a twisted sort of way.

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I agree with Baba. As horrible as Jacks decision was, it was necessary, and Jack knew that. Not many people would be able to make a choice like that. And in the end, we could clearly see how much it hurt him.

On a different topic, does anyone know where I can find screencaps from series one and two? My usual place seems to have disappeared :(

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

So I finally watched Episode 4 and I can tell you I'm truly heartbroken and have tears in my eyes.

They didn't have to kill Ianto off. Man, I've never seen a tv show that nearly killed off every regular cast member.

I loved Jack and Ianto together. I loved Ianto, such a proper Englishman.

There's nothing like getting attached to the characters just to have them die. :rolleyes:

Ugh!

5. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I feel you. I was in shock for a few days, I still can't believe it.

If only he had died in a different way, you know, go down in a blaze of glory (that is a figure of speech, isn't it) or you know, something like that. Well, at least Jack was with him.

Have you watched Day 5 yet?

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

No I haven't! I was going to watch it right after Episode 4, for couldn't do it. I'll probably watch it sometime this week.

I did love how Jack said "not him". You know he loved Ianto, but just couldn't say it. I still can't believe they killed him off. One more kiss while Ianto was still alive would've been nice (when he was dying in Jack's arms). You're right though, at least he died in Jack's arms. :(

Oh and yes, 'blaze of glory' is a figure of speech.

7. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I know what you mean. I couldn't really pay attention to anything that happened after Ianto's death. Even the whole dying scene wasn't more than a blur for more :(

Yeah, I guess dying in the arms of the man he loved was at least something :confused: ...

8. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

I was dreading watching this series after all the stuff I read in various threads on message boards. I did a marathon over the weekend of COE and while parts 1 through 3 were action packed after day 4 and Ianto dying, I was just numb. After losing Toshiko and Owen :( I really did not want to see anyone else from the Torchwood team die. It literally left me shell shocked. Not to mention the whole ordeal with Jack's grandson. I was actually hoping that some of that ability Jack has for coming back to life(yeah I know why he has it) would have somehow past down but I guess that would have been to easy. After this series I'm not sure how I feel about Torchwood being just Gwen and Jack. Yeah there's the possibility of new members, but I don't know. It will be interesting to see what RTD has in mind if there is another Torchwood series but I will probably approach it with much trepidation.

9. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

That's exactly how I felt, numb :(. RTD really has a way to make his characters suffer! First Owen being, well, dead and then he had to die such a horrible way and then Tosh being stabbed and having to listen to Owen die? But Ianto? Poor poor Ianto.

I, too, was hoping that maybe Jack's grandson would survive it, like you've said, but of course that would have been too easy ...

10. Mac's Girl

Mac's Girl Witness

I love Torchwood, its great and the cast arent bad to look either :evil:

11. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I'm almost caught up with finishing season 2. Next up Children of Earth. How can one not know what happens in CoE. Tis sad but I'm still looking forward to sitting down and watching it. I haven't decided whether I want to do it in one marathon session or draw it out over the 5 nights like it was shown on TV. I still have a couple more episodes of season 2 left before I have to make the decision.

12. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

COE is so good....but so very sad. Hope you enjoyed it Jaquie!
    yes mac's girl - nice looking cast!

13. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

So, has the BBC decided to do another season? Because I've read that they have ...

That leaves me with the question who's going to be in charge? Will Jack return? And if so will he be the "same" Jack or will he have changed completely? And if that's the case, will it be Torchwood as we knew it?

The only way I can imagine another season with Jack is that he needs to see the Doctor at some point. Because I think that only the Doctor can restore Jack's peace of mind. He's been through something similar (he sacrificed his people, didn't he) and only he could tell Jack that he did the right thing.

Well, what do you think?

14. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

As of now, there has been no official announcement as to whether or not there will be another season of Torchwood.

Torchwood as we knew it? Hah, Children of Earth wasn't Torchwood as I'd come to know and love it. To me COE was pretty much a five hour pilot for Gwenwood (which is apparently the series that RTD wanted to make in the first place) Good luck to the BBC if they think that's going to be a runner now.
    Personally I think Torchwood died with Ianto, and it won't be the same unless they find a way to bring him back. And the fans at www.saveiantojones.com think the same way.

15. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

To be honest I don't think there's even the slightest chance that they'll bring back Ianto. RTD seems far too determined to make a point :(!

Gwenwood :guffaw:? Well, I must admit I didn't find her that obnoxious in CoE. But still, you're probably right about RTD liking her a bit too much ...

I listened to The Dead Line while driving back home and I had tears in my eyes. Thank god I was caught up in a traffic jam and didn't have to concentrate too hard. It was almost like Ianto had a premonition.