Torchwood

Hah! Go watch Supernatural... That's awesome. :lol:

I feel bad for that other writer thought. But I'm guessing the poor dude will be learning to develop a thicker skin from here on out- there are always going to be critics and there are always going to be crazies.

I shed a tear, and I thought, "Oh no, why?" And then I moved on. :lol:

Oh I did too as heartbroken as I was..:( as I loved the two of them together.

To me, I was more disturbed by the ending..that was heart-breaking..I don't know if I could forgive Captain Jack if it were me.

But yeah I feel bad too. I mean to attribute such a label to someone because of a plot line is nasty. To me it showed the strength of the two characters.

Is there going to be another season!

I know, right? What happens next? If Jack comes back, he'll need a whole new team since all but Gwen are dead and she's pregnant. I guess he could take on Lois...

Such a dark ending though- his own grandson? How's he going to walk away from that? Maybe he'll come back and start it up again, but he'll be a new, darker Jack? If he can live forever, he must have already done so many terrible things, whether intentionally or not, right? This was pretty bad, true, but he must always bounce back from these things? What else can he do?

Well, I've watched all of S3 now and well, it took me some time to process everything. Well, not everything just Ianto ... :(

Over all I really liked Children of Earth. Good story with a few (or more) plot holes but hey, no one's perfect :shifty:.

I have no idea though how they will continue with only Jack and maybe Gwen. All I could imagine is a "five years later" approach ... :confused:

As I've mentioned before I have never been a Jack/Ianto fan but CoE really made me believer. Too bad it's too late now :(. I was really upset over Ianto's death. Especially since it seemed that they wanted to finally define their relationship, well, Ianto at least wanted to and we got some information about his family and ... ah, that's so unfair.
I guess I'll have to re-watch the first two seasons again to catch all Jack/Ianto scenes again ...

Well, I've watched all of S3 now and well, it took me some time to process everything. Well, not everything just Ianto ... :(

Over all I really liked Children of Earth. Good story with a few (or more) plot holes but hey, no one's perfect :shifty:.

I have no idea though how they will continue with only Jack and maybe Gwen. All I could imagine is a "five years later" approach ... :confused:

As I've mentioned before I have never been a Jack/Ianto fan but CoE really made me believer. Too bad it's too late now :(. I was really upset over Ianto's death. Especially since it seemed that they wanted to finally define their relationship, well, Ianto at least wanted to and we got some information about his family and ... ah, that's so unfair.
I guess I'll have to re-watch the first two seasons again to catch all Jack/Ianto scenes again ...

It'll definitely be interesting to me as to how they continue with a fourth series. I'll watch the first episode out of curiosity, but I honestly can't see myself being interested beyond that. Jack and Gwen were the two least interesting characters to me. I got over the loss of Tosh and Owen, but a series without Ianto just doesn't really appeal to me and there's no use getting attached to new characters when I know that RTD will kill them off on a whim and call it "drama."

I know. I've read some of the interviews he gave after CoE and at first he seemed reasonable but the more I read ... well, it seems none of his characters seem safe :confused:.

I always loved Jack :adore: but Gwen ... I really liked Owen, he was an interesting character, full of flaws but that made me love him. Tosh was great, too and Ianto? Well, he was gorgeous. He held the team together.

As you've said I'll watch the first episode, see where they're going with the show and will decide then if the new characters are worth watching.

I DVR'd Children of Earth so I can watch it consecutively. I'm finally getting around to watching it, but, of course, I'm not watching it consecutively. :lol:

In any case, I had to come across a spoiler (not from here) about them killing Ianto in the fourth episode,:wtf: I am not happy.

I've watched the first 2 episodes and I don't know if I want to watch episode 4. Why, I ask you? Why did they have to kill him.

Geesh, I've never seen a show that has killed off every character, except the two leads.

I liked Jack and Ianto's relationship and I liked Ianto. I don't get it and it's just wrong.

I just had to put my two cents in and blame, Kat, once again for putting me through all of this. :p

Of course, now because of her, I'm going to watch 'Being Human' and when that show upsets me, I'll blame her, again. :lol:

I just have to ask why do so many people dislike Gwen.

I love her. I think she's a great character.

Although, I'm really sad they killed Ianto off. I have to wonder would he have allowed Jack to use his own grandson. Ianto had so much humanity about him.

Hm, I'll ask myself the same thing why I don't like Gwen. She is a great character and sometimes I do like her but then she does something like cheating on Rhys or acting stupid (especially in earlier episodes) and I know again. But what really bothers me about her is that she can't make up her mind about Jack.

She's clearly in love with him and yet she stays with Rhys, has an affair with Owen, marries Rhys (and that really set me off, when she told Jack no one else would have her!) and even at her wedding she can't take her eyes of Jack.

I must admit my dislike for her might have something to do with Ianto and his feelings for Jack. Somehow I always thought that it was Gwen that kept Jack from getting closer to Ianto and I wasn't even a shipper back than.

And then again in CoE I really liked her, for the first time, really. Don't know why?

I know not the best explanation for why I don't like Gwen, especially since I do like her sometimes ... :wtf:

Yeah, I like Gwen myself, but she seems to take a beating... Poor old Gwen! And people hate her now more than ever for being the only other one to survive! :lol:

Seriously, I may be one of handful of people who plan on continuing to watch this show! :lol:

Yeah, I like Gwen myself, but she seems to take a beating... Poor old Gwen! And people hate her now more than ever for being the only other one to survive! :lol:

Seriously, I may be one of handful of people who plan on continuing to watch this show! :lol:

Oh I plan to as well. I like Captain Jack and I love Gwen. I think she was awesome in CoE.

Seriously, I may be one of handful of people who plan on continuing to watch this show!

Assuming that there even is a show to continue to watch. Honestly, after the way they ended day five, any so called 4th season would be Torchwood in name only...pretty much like Children of Earth.
To me it was like tuning in to watch a new season of 1970's Battlestar Galactica and getting the updated version instead. Not the show I fell in love with.

And still I can't help but be curious. If they carry on, I'm going to have to check it out.

They reboot Doctor Who all the time and I keep watching- and I've been watching that series since the early 80's! :)

Back