EDeN (Eric & Natalia) #3:The Garden of Eden

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by mjszud, Jun 17, 2009.

?

New thread title

Poll closed Jul 1, 2009.
  1. Too Hot for TV

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Escape to Eden

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. "Talk about seeing the light"

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Some things you can count on

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. Back to you

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Scorching the Small Screen

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. The Garden of EDeN

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  8. One in a Million

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. The Eternal Flame

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

I agree. They interrupt a perfectly good romance for some BS fake crap and then Eric leaves before EDeN can resolve their issues. I hope they hook up off screen Nat gets pregnant we get our EDeN baby and evey once in a while we see Eric there with his family and then I hope they get married too. Damn you TPTB for robbing us!!:scream:

2. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

I just wanna know why he would leave in the first place! Thats what I dont understand! Hes like one of the reasons why I watch this show! Wow theyre takin a sex symbol off of this show by doin this! Wow then I'll just watch it for Natalia after! Maybe this is all a lie! *crosses fingers*

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

:scream::scream::scream: I feel like beating the crap out of tptb right now!! Natalia should be up for some really good drama this season so they better make good use of it -- let something horrid happen to Nat that will bring Eric back to see/comfort her & then let nature take it's course.

4. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

Greetings folks! I have the motivation to make a post here. With regard to the departure of AR from CSI Miami, I can say I am surprised and not surprised at the same time.
    Adam Rodriguez has been doing some movie acting during hiatus of the last few seasons. In fact last year he put out a limited release film about soldiers in Afghanistan titles "B.O.H.I.C.A". It was very limited release but I tend to think he took the role for the acting challenge. One can kind of smell the influence of Rory Cochrane here, as I understand it the two are close friends and Adam may be taking a cue from him in that he needs to broaden his acting horizons if he is going to taken seriously for other roles and not get typecast as "Eric Delko the fingerprint guy". I also don't doubt that the quality of the scripts have also played their part in his departure.
    I do think that TPTB needs to taken to the woodshed and justifiably beaten for what they've done for his character. They've absolute destroyed him. We've discussed this aspect ad nauseum, so I won't go into it here.

Now as far as EDeN is concerned I am hoping that we'll see something of what their relationship used to be. We're obviously not going to see a relationship for the long-term. I would like to think that Eric and Nat will reunite but Eric will leave the team to figure out what his next step in life is and once he figures it out, I would like to think that he'll come back for Nat and ask her to join him for good.

This is all speculation on my part.

I also tend to think this may be the beginning of the end for CSI Miami, depending on ratings and the fact that AR was one of the show's main attractions, so to speak, replacing him will be likely impossible. All of the CSI Miami "purists" keep saying that the show wasn't the same since Speedle was killed anyway.

Let's just try to make the best of it and keep abreast of what news comes through.
    However, I sure would like to see Eric and Natalia enjoy one or two Midori cocktails before he leaves.

5. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Some good news to lighten up all the bad and to help us dream about EDeN and float int our happy world of s4-5 and parts of s6.

Part of the OK magazine that MJ posted before.

Adam Rodriguez and Eva La Rue know their way around Cuban cuisine. OK! met up with Adam and Eva in the Miami-inspired restaurant El Floridita in Hollywood, where they enjoyed some delicious food and salsa dance lessons!

What did you grow up eating?
    Eva: From my dad, who is Puerto Rican, we had arroz con gandules [rice and peas] and pasteles [a type of tamale]. My mom made American fare.
    Adam: I’m Cuban and Puerto Rican. We had traditional food like shredded beef with tomato base and ground beef with suateed peppers and onions on white rice.

Do you have a sweet tooth?
    Eva: I’m a cookie fiend! They have chocolate chip cookies on set everyday at three o’clock; I can smell them coming out of the trailer.
    Adam: when I go out to eat, it’s 90-percent guaranteed that I’ll have a dessert- anything chocolaty.

Do you have any favorite recipes?
    Eva: I try to cook with fresh herbs. My daughter, Kaya, helped me plant an herb garden.
    Adam: I’ve got onions and garlic in everything.

I hope this brightened some of your day!!

6. beautifuldisaster

Ahhhh! I hope the show dont end! Well I guess if it does I still have my dvds. But its still not the same without waiting for new episodes. I've gotten so many people hooked on the show! I dont think the show will die just yet! At least I hope not! *crosses fingers* Let us pray for the best! I will miss Eric deeply, if he does go. But I will still have Ryan and thats ok! :) Hes my second pick! But who knows what will happen! :/

7. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Even if Adam does leave and therefore there is no more Eric I truly hope that he will reappear for story arcs that are Natalia-centric. I think that this will be a big season for her and for our couple even if Adam leaves. Let me know what you think.

8. beautifuldisaster

Me too! I think it will be very emotional when he leaves. Esp. for her! I wish they would let her be throwing up or something and him find her and he asks her if everything's ok and she says Eric.....its not the flu this time! Like everyone has been wanting! Or something along those lines! I would like to see how he would react to this! lol I do think we will see more of Natalia though but if they were cutting back on budget why couldn't they get rid a Frank? I mean seriously! Eric is so much hotter! lol

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

IF Adam leaves, I think it will be his choice, or at least because he isn't given what he wants in his contract & doesn't re-sign. I'm not under the impression that tptb are litterally shit-canning a cast member due to budgets though. They have labrats, Kyle, & the ME that can be limited if they really need to watch their budgets.

I think it could happen. I think it SHOULD happen! :lol: Seriously though, I agree - this season should be really good for Nat arc-wise so I hope to see something surface during her drama. Lord only knows what tptb will do to her when she does get an arc, & if something bad happened then I could see Eric coming into the picture for the occasion.

I will say we can always look at the brightside to all this -- Eric & Natalia don't have a damaged relationship, they've managed to still remain very close after everything they went through, so that's the bonus, cause if he does leave then we know he will leave on a good note with Natalia -- which can always lead him back to her...where he belongs. They've shared love, companionship, intimacy, & in the past few years, a good solid friendship, so at the stage these two are at, I'd say they are pretty good to go.:p

10. beautifuldisaster

You know you're right. And since they've remained close I think that just says something in itself. IF Eric does leave I would love to see a hugging scene like in Deep Freeze....:p and him grab onto her hands and just stare into her eyes. That would make a good way to go out! I would be ok. It would also be amazing if she ran after him when he like go to the elevator to leave and goes down it to his car and she runs after him and then they share a kiss and he tells her I'm always with you or something. I can see it now! I really hate that he might be leaving! Every time I watch re-runs I just wonder why! Its crazy but if thats they way it goes and he leaves cause its the best thing for him, I'll support him. It'll be hard, but I'll do it.

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

This sounds like confirmation gals. Here's Eva talking about Adam's departure.

Actually, I feel better just getting word that sounds more like confirmation then a bunch of confusion!! It still blows, but ok, at least we pretty much know now that Eric will not be here the whole season. I feel sad for Natalia already.

All I can say is this: Natalia has had very little storylines, & one of her only arcs (& first arc) revolved around THIS MAN for all of season 4 & half of 5 -- before he says goodbye, they better let EDeN just be EDEN - the way they should be!! I get so sick & tired of people acting like Eric has no other connection to anyone else on this team other than a certain person, it's just plain FALSE! Natalia was a part of his life, in his home, in his bed, IN HIS PERSONAL LIFE, so tptb better do this right & let there be some EDeN in Eric's last few days.

12. beautifuldisaster

I wonder if he's off the show for good though cause it says that he wont be there for the whole season. Not for all the other seasons I would hope that are too come! So maybe it's just season 8 that he's gonna be gone for. *crosses fingers* I wonder if that's the case! :) I wish. But if not I support him in whatever he does! And I agree MJ, they should let them be EDeN! Esp if this is the last time they ever see eachother! I do think its sad to watch him leave cause they could've fixed EDeN! And now we might not ever get to see that. I just want to see how he leaves out and how everyone takes it. I wish Natalia and him would hug like outside MDPD. And they like don't let go. And after he walks away she whispers I love you softly, and he turns around and runs back to her and kisses her! That would make my ending of him leaving! I wouldn't be so upset! :) But I hope he not gone for good :/

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

True, but I would've thought it would be worded differently if he was just temporarily leaving for part of this season only. Maybe it's just me assuming, but my guess is that if that were the case then maybe Eva would've said something more along the lines of saying goodbye only for a while, or at least give a reassuring note that it was only temporary. I just got the impression it was an exit, & not so much just a temporary leave.....but who knows, we can always hope he takes off a while then returns next season or by finale & be ready to start fresh again. :)

This is Miami, so I don't think we will get any Natalia whispering I love you. :lol: It's a nice thought though. I can however see the hug & then the telling part will just be with thier eyes & expressions - they always seem to say it all.

Yeah, I'm very curious to see exactly what leads him out. I think it could be one of three things. 1. The aftermath of his brain surgery effects him too much to continue the job, 2. Sharova reappears, Eric is too distraught over finding out horrid discoveries of his father, too much for him to handle so he flies off to Mexico or something (haha). 3) Eric dies *gulp* which could be from 1 or 2 also (Sharova or Russians kill him, or possible brain hemorraging?)
    As for EdeN, I don't look at them as technically broken, but they did, & still do, deserve to walk down that path again - there was just too much left unsaid & unresolved between them. I'd like to at least see that the flame is, in a subtle way, rekindling. If they have to leave it at that because of Adam's leave then so be it, but MY GAWDDD, EDeN has felt like a 'to be continued' since flippin' 'Dead Air' - give them SOMETHING!

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh I so love the idea of an Eden goodbye hug or at least his last scene being with her (though his last scene logically will probably be with Horatio). It'd be cute if there was a scene with him and Jesse where he says "hold down the fort and keep these jokers in line for me, huh?" or something like that. :lol: But, it'd be something I'd love if they let Eden have a scene together before Eric leaves.

I wonder too what'll make him leave. Will he have side effects from the surgery/brain injury that won't go away and that will cause him not to be able to perform his job? Or will he just decide that he's had it with being shot all the time?

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Actually what I'd loooove, & this is a little more on the fanfic side, I admit, but with Nat being still fairly new with use of her gun, I'd like to see (during the hug) Eric tell her to be careful, watch herself, ect, & then Nat flash him a reassuring smile telling him not to worry that she'll be fine, then when he leaves he can look back at her with a worried look that something might go wrong, then a few months later something happens to her out on the field associated with her gun use & eric makes a trip back to the lab when he hears the news. OR....
    tie her up in a sinking boat so that they have to call Eric to dive in & rescue her.....since he is her aquaman. :p