CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I agree. I think we are going to see a more dark and menecing character. I think he will have less tolerance and patiance with the bad guys. a harder core if you will.As he "Delves" into his work to be all that he can be (Army of one!!!:lol:)I feel TPTB are going to "Create" a very withdrawen Flack.

2. Duke

Duke Witness

^^ I agree. I was feeling somewhat mad yesterday when I read the spoiler thing. But hindsight is a wonderful thing :lol: and today I'm thinking maybe they will make him more of a deep and dark character this season.
    Flying off the handle more, arresting as many bad guys as he can [aka: trying to be the best cop he can be] and just generally not taking crap from anyone - in which case: Woot! Yes! This is exactly what I want to see from Donnie. :thumbsup: BUT [and a huge BUT] I hope they don't take away his delightful humour and snarky wit, because an entire season without that would be a waste. Hopefully they won't.
    Because couple his wit/humour with a deep/dark edge and Boy, O Boy! Flack could easily become the most memorable character of the season.
    I just wish it was Christmas, because then January would be just round the corner. Wishing my life away for my NY fix - sad, huh? :p

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I would laugh, but I'm doing basically the same thing for Criminal Minds, so that would be extremely hypocritical. :lol:

The falling into his work thing has the potential to be a good storyline as long as they don't ruin the character in doing so. They could make it work, but only if they don't get rid of Flack's humor. That's one of the things that makes him one of the favorite characters of fans, and they shouldn't ruin that.

4. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Yes so very sad indeed... kind of like alot of us!!!:lol::lol:

5. Nat_attack

Nat_attack Rookie

Hopefully Eddie, who has said in recent interviews how much he is into the character, and channel his own take on what it means to delve so into your work when your lost, he's said that Flack and Mac are alike in some ways, but Flack IS different, and I hope that we are able to see that difference.

Perhaps throw yourself into tackling perps by day, and spending time with your favorite CSI by night. ;)

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

for some reason i now have a mental image of flack as some kind of superhero like batman/spiderman, who is a normal cop, pushing paper, by day but has a flouncy costume and a flackmobile by night, and goes around dealing with the all the nasty people that nypd are prevented from dealing with because of bureaucracy. i have to say, much as it would be a little surreal, that could be quite cool!

7. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Underground Flack.. I'm loving it :adore:

8. Nat_attack

Nat_attack Rookie

Hahaha, Eddie Cahill would make a cool superhero! He should totally do that! :lol: (When he's not being Det. Flack, of course. ;))

I just hope overall, it amounts to giving Flack more screentime, they've come a long way from S1 where Flack was in the background! He's a great character and he steals the show sometimes, he deserves more scenes/storylines.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  9. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

^That'd be great. I'm hungering for some more Flack, Adam and Sheldon time. I like my boys and they don't appear as much as they should. Maybe TPTB should reduce SuperMac screentime a little bit. You know, give him some storylines involving the rest of the team instead of being always the righteous cowboy saving the world solo.

10. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^Embarrassed because I'm feeling a little juvenile now, but I could not stop laughing at "SuperMac":guffaw: - it sounds like a McDonald's special combo...

Yeah, I have to wonder what the deal is with both NY and Miami essentially revolving around their respective lead male characters. Especially since CSI: LV managed to keep the balance fine, without Grissom needing to become the only star. It'll just be tragic if they start doing with Mac what they did with Super-Horatio, which is really the direction they seem to be taking with all his assorted nemeses.

11. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

And it's the reason why I stopped watching CSI:Miami. It totally got on my nerves. I hope they'll shy away from taht road with Mac... eventually? (shrugs)

12. raymakay

raymakay Dead on Arrival

I just read they are casting for someone to be in a 3 episode arc. I think the character is introduced in 6.03. I am never sure about these continuing stories throughout the season. I just hope the story line isn't a "SuperMac" scenerio.

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Interesting--do you know what the role is?

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i don't know, i like supermac - probably because in my little world, any mac is good mac. you can't have too much! i'm the same as Cyn-B-Demented though, i can't watch miami beacuse of "that man". i'm sure if he was as cool and easy to watch as mac i'd be fine with it but he's so irritating. likewise if mac was really irritating i'd be annoyed if he had too much screentime but as it is - i'm fine with it :)

15. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

[HOLLIS] 35 - 45, He is a large and very strong, but emotionally fragile man, pale due to a vitamin deficiency. Hollis is a deeply troubled soul, fueled by a vengeance that's tempered by grief. He's terribly disfigured, with one side of face terribly marred by an accident.sptv050769..GUEST STAR, THREE (3) EPISODE ARC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.