Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness, am I the only one who thinks that adding another character to an already crammed show is a really bad idea? Since they have added him are they foregoing adding an integral part of the CSI franchise in that there seems to be NO mention of a new M.E.? I just hope the writers know what they are doing and hope that in their effort to add a fresh face, they don't ignore characters that have been their longer in order for us to get to know Cirbrian's character.
When did we fall down the rabbit hole?

You're not alone. It already bugs me that Natalia, Ryan, and Tripp don't get enough air time (most of the time), and now they are adding someone else to the mix. I think it will be very difficult to get everyone air time. Now we have Horatio, Eric, Calleigh, Ryan, Natalia, Tripp, now Jesse and they need a new M.E. I don't know how they're going to make it work...but I hope the writers can do it! :shifty:

Thank you, CalleighEric, because I feel the same way. I love all the Calleigh and Eric stuff, but I crave Frank stuff. Can I go on he record right now as saying tht I love Frank Tripp? He's so very real and funny that I can't get enought of him. He's sweet and adoreable and funny. Male pattern baldness aside, he's not bad looking, either. And, no mater the siuation, the Southern Gentleman dominates. It just sometimes results in funny. I love Frank.

I feel that way too. I like Ryan and Natalia, but I LOVE Frank! I love Frank, and I love Rex Linn. I loved how he said that Frank Tripp was the source of all sexual tension on the show in an interview a few years back. I loved hearing his voice in the background when David Caruso was presented with his Soup Award, and he said "Throw it up in the air and let me shoot at it!" And I loved when he did his Horatio Caine impression and accidentally poked himself with his sunglasses. Frank is one of the best characters to ever exist on TV, and Rex Linn is freaking awesome.

For the tl;dr crowd: I WANT MORE FRANK! Frank drama, please and thank you!

Glad that we are back to spoilers...To each title their own.

I love the idea of a new character .It could be someone that I may be really interested instead of E/C.But what I want the most is for the show to have more compelling cases.The episode with the plastic surgery gone bad was well written and had Miami style as well.I am so tired of gangs becouse it has been done so much.

electra, I agree with you about the gangs. I am not fond of gang or mob/mafia storylines.

This, precisely. IMO, Clavo Cruz was amazing, so he made the Mala Noche story (with all the hideous H/Marisol and Brazil stuff) tolerable. The Russian mob was boring. Time for a new story!

I have to join in and say I LOVE Frank! He is funny and sarcastic and plays off well with everyone. I have really not missed Natalia or Ryan (though they could use more storyines) but I could use more Frank so I hope he gets a really meaty storyline this season :). I wonder if he'll get along with the new detective. And yes let's talk SPOILERS on the spoilers thread and say that I wish we could get spoiler pics soon :). I think I remember delkolover saying that they would probably come out in August, and August arrives next week :). So would that be too soon? Is it more towards the end of the month?

I agree about the mobs and the gangs storylines, no more please.

Last edited:
I have to join in and say I LOVE Frank! He is funny and sarcastic and plays off well with everyone. I have really not missed Natalia or Ryan (though they could use more storyines) but I could use more Frank so I hope he gets a really meaty storyline this season :). I wonder if he'll get along with the new detective. And yes let's talk SPOILERS on the spoilers thread and say that I wish we could get spoiler pics soon :). I think I remember delkolover saying that they would probably come out in August, and August arrives next week :). So would that be too soon? Is it more towards the end of the month?

I was guessing when I said August. Considering the premiere shooting is probably wrapping up by the end of this week and that the actual premiere is the end of September (the 21st to be exact). The episode promo pics could come out anywhere from the end of the August til a week or two before the premiere....there is no telling and rarely ever a set schedule to when they come out.

Unfortunately, it is just something else we have to be patient for! ;)

I was guessing when I said August. Considering the premiere shooting is probably wrapping up by the end of this week and that the actual premiere is the end of September (the 21st to be exact). The episode promo pics could come out anywhere from the end of the August til a week or two before the premiere....there is no telling and rarely ever a set schedule to when they come out.

Unfortunately, it is just something else we have to be patient for! ;)

Patience is a virtue that Miami is definitely helping me with :lol:. At least we already know 801 and 802 info and Adam is twittering stuff so maybe he'll give us something somewhere down the road :).

Thanks delkolover!

Interestingly, this was posted in the E/C thread (nothing shippy I promise)...It is roughly translated from a Belgium article of an interview with Emily Procter. Not sure if the mag interviewed her or took snippets from another interview, to me it does seem like they do. Now before you all freak out...I personally and nor do the others in the E/C thread, take must stock in this b/c it seems alot of what Procter said was similar to what she said in her Monte Carlo interview about a month ago and it seems to have either been misinterpretated or twisted around a little bit. Again, it is roughly translated. I posted the link if anyone speaks dutch and wants to translate it too. I used babelfish to translate it and got pretty much the same thing.......

Again roughly translated by someone who knows Dutch:

The end is coming of CSI:Miami.

The show is maybe good in Europa, In america it's a big fault the makers have decideto make a end at the show. The actors know about it. Emily Procter who plays Calleigh Duquesne on the show it's normal that the audience varies. That is a natural procesThe people are curious about what's new and then they get bored and go search for something new. the audience gets maybe enough police series. or maybe bored of CSI. Everything is possible. at least it´s not stopping that the show is gonna end. and that moment is coming.

Now put that together to some of Adam's rather "odd" tweets from his twitter page:

Today:
Looks like Delko could pull through! For a while...

July 27th:
[On set and getting through a long Monday! The clock is ticking. Nice to be shooting outdoors though. 1st episode's gonna be a good one.

July 21st:
Back to grind! Beginning of the End starts tomorrow!!!

IDK how much I believe any of it but look at it all together and it definately makes you go "hmmm":shifty:

Personally, this secret would never be a secret...it is just too big. And the interview it seems is a twisted version of Emily Procter's interview from when she was at Monte Carlo and was asked about viewership being down but never in that interview does she mention anything about the show coming to an end. So, imo, it seems the belgium mag twisted things around a little bit to make it sound good and eye catching.

What do you guys think?

I did not see the original interview, but something tells me that something was lost in translation. If the show were ending we would have known about it long ago and their would be no purpose in bringing in someone new. Also instead of having the flashback appear at the begining of the season it would appear at the end, it would just make more sense that way.

I tend to not believe it because what the article is referring to is an answer she gave for something else, not about the show coming to an end.

Especially this part:

at least it´s not stopping that the show is gonna end. and that moment is coming.

The exact transcript from the Monte Carlo interview is this:

Well you know in all honesty I do think that ratings go up and down. I think I’ve been very happy with our ratings but I also tend to not look, my dad would call me. At the same time, I think it’s a natural process you know something is new and you are excited about it and then inevitably I think those things become old and you move on to something else. So you know are we seeing a trend that maybe people are getting tired of procedurals, possibly. Maybe they are just getting tired of the CSI franchise. I think any of it is possible but it’s inevitable that it will end. There’s probably more behind us than there is in front of us and then there will be new things.

She says that it's inevitable that the show will end because like all shows, they do end sometime. It will not keep on forever. But the article twisted it around like she was saying that the show is already heading toward the end now and that it wouldn't be stopped.

The weird thing about all this are Adam's tweets. They are very tricky and combined with the article, make you stop and think. Still, I don't think the show is coming to an end and if a CSI is ending my money would be on Vegas. Yet they are doing everything possible to keep the show on the air. Miami still has great following and a few good years ahead of them, IMO.

Now we just need Adam to stop playing with us with his tweets :lol:

I have to join in and say I LOVE Frank! He is funny and sarcastic and plays off well with everyone. I have really not missed Natalia or Ryan (though they could use more storyines) but I could use more Frank so I hope he gets a really meaty storyline this season :).
Frank is okay,but I love Ryan and I like Natalia a lot.As I have said before,they both have personalities that beg for more storylines.This is why all the characters need meaty stories because they are all loved or liked by someone. I hope they all get meaty stories.
There have been enough gang storylines to last several seasons,if that should end I wouldn't miss it at all.

I have to join in and say I LOVE Frank! He is funny and sarcastic and plays off well with everyone. I have really not missed Natalia or Ryan (though they could use more storyines) but I could use more Frank so I hope he gets a really meaty storyline this season :).
Frank is okay,but I love Ryan and I like Natalia a lot.As I have said before,they both have personalities that beg for more storylines.This is why all the characters need meaty stories because they are all loved or liked by someone. I hope they all get meaty stories.

That's why I said that they could use more storylines ;). I'm just hoping for Frank because like you said everyone likes a character, or some more than others. And in my case it's Frank above Natalia and Ryan. Doesn't mean I don't agree that they could use more storylines, it just means that it doesn't do much for me either way.

I would actually like to see Frank ,Ryan and Natalia working together sometimes.They have all worked together at some time or orther in different pairings,and seemed to do it well.

As for the possibility of the show ending, all I can say is that Adam's twitter post are definetly worrying....whenever I read them I have a heart attack.

hiphugger17 is absolutely right about Emily's interview, that's what has been said.

Now, I don't want anyone to worry because of what I'm saying and I hope someone else also had the same doubt I had during Emily's press conference in Monte Carlo, but has anyone noticed how journalists kept asking to Emily some weird questions about a possible ending for the show, a possible ending for her character? IThey were 3 questions like this and they were all asked in the same part of the interview and I distinctly remember that I was like "WTF??" when they kept asking those.

I really hope I'm wrong ;)

^ I'm wondering if they were asking her stuff like that because the show has been going on for so long. I won't believe anything until I hear it from CBS.

**crosses fingers for at least 2 more seasons**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back