Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menasolar

menasolar Victim

I think that one of the very probable reasons why Eric is not in the second episode, besides him healing, is that he did brake the law. I don't think he could go back to being CSI all that quickly. Or did I miss something here in the spoiler haven?

I love the team action they have lined up and the new guy seems interesting enough. I also love Cal and Eric and just hope a really happily ever after or at least more the calm, less the storm...

2. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Couldn't agree with you more!
    BTW, you had 2 great videos on Ytube, one of which (the e/c story/trailer) I absolutely loved. What happened to them? Did you pull them out?

3. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

A lot of the better episodes have been Natalia centric and her character has grown. but this season she took a back seat. Still she has had some good eps

I would like to them pair up often. For some reason, they come off as a good brother/sister/kindred spirt pair and that would make for some good story telling to counter the Eric/Calleigh hub bub

4. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

I agree with what some of you are saying.

they really do have Eric and Ryan depressed and sad all the time, even thought stuff happens to the others, at least they've gotten through it, but not Eric and Ryan.

I wish they were happy for once, just happy, they should work together for an episode, and have fun, like when the played that prank on Dr. Price, even though it back fired, it was cute seeing them do somthing, or in an older episode from season 3 I think involving some bad judges, where Eric and Ryan worked together, also cute.

they need to be happy, as do all the cherictors, just for once, no bad stuff, it's like Nick on CSI:LV, I love him, but he's always mad, or sad, or has somthing bad happening to him.

is it becosue there the good looking guys... is that it?

oh and I'm not happy about the lack of Eric in the second episode, he'd beeter be in that final scene...

Oh and long live E/C!!! they better be happy to, or I'll throw objects at my TV...

can't wait fotr the new season!!

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Pure happiness doesn't make for good television though...for any of the characters. I don't mind the drama, it's the type of drama that tptb have played since S5 that doesn't sit with me! Back in the day, they used simple & realistic drama to bring out thier characters -- Horatio loving his sister in law, Calleigh having an alcoholic father, Ryan having eye troubles, Natalia having an abusive ex-husband, & Eric having a sister with cancer -- all of that was drama but it was at least believable drama!!!
    Shooting Eric in the head, Calleigh having near death tragedies one after the other, Eric finding out that Mommy had an affair & Daddy isn't his Daddy, then to find out he isn't an American either.....oh & the icing on the cake, he then nearly get's his head shot off (AGAIN) by his girlfriend! :wtf: It's just plain dumb drama! They badly need to go back to the drawing board.

6. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

:lol: the last part is funny...

but yeah, of course they don't have to be happy all the time, but you know, have them relaxe every once and a while, just chill... and then run before the building blows up!!

and no more Eric in life threatening situations, bad, very bad... I like my Eric in one piece...

7. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Really? Lack of Eric? I didn't know! I knew only about hostage situation. If it's true - I'm very VERY happy! That mean Ryan would more. It's like traditional now, 7x02 - want get fueled again wasn't much Eric, but we had Ryan in cool leather jacket and ladies room joke. I'm exciting about this ep even more now. I don't exciting about season premier at all. Back to past is good idea, but i don't believe that tptb can do this work fine. Mostly because of Eric trauma. They can do back to past episode in other way. Like serial killer who start killing people in 1997 and after all this years his back and Eric, Cal and H remember this old case, it would be cool ep with flashbacks (maybe black\white) and interesting plot. But no, Eric+trauma=ec drama with lack of Ryan, Nat and Frank.

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I like Eric in one piece also ;).

I agree that they don't have to be happy all the time but they do deserve to have good moments once in a while were they just have fun. Drama all the time, any type of drama, gets boring after a while. There should be a balance because I really don't mind to see them laughing and getting good news once in while. When it's about their personal life it's mostly bad news. There should be good news in there sometimes.

9. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Probably the reason why these characters seem to be unhappy all the time is well, unfortunately negativity and angst seems to sell. If you watch the news the stories that seem to get the most attention are the disasters, murders, etc. It is almost as if the heartwarming stories are boring. I get tired of as I am reading a lot of the rest of you are the same characters getting the same treatment. Oh, it's a Eric eppie, wonder how he is going to get hurt now, or Ryan? how can he get in trouble this time? And who know what about poor Natalia since we don't seem to see her anymore:(

The first thing the TPTB need to do is bury most of the tension between Eric and Ryan. A little is okay (they are only human after all) but sometimes it gets ridiculous. When things are good, they do work well together, and the actors play well off each other. The episode where they pulled the practical joke on Tara and the light-hearted banter in Dissolved (about Ryan's cute leather pants) reminded me of Speedle and Eric. Eric and Ryan aren't that different; both are very emotional, impulsive and secretive (which could be the reason why they butt heads so often).

I agree with you Orla, we can see more of Ryan (which always makes me happy) with Eric "recovering", which is also the reason I am more excited about episode 2 as opposed to the season premiere (I think it would be more for any of us to stand, however, if Eric was back in the second episode at work).

The show needs to get back to working cases and if the individual drama needs to occur, make it few and far between and realistic. IMHO, every character can get ample screen time and good store arcs; it has been shown in spurts. Anything else is sheer laziness.

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Source

11. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

^ Wow, he gets to take off his shirt that soon, huh? We're still waiting on Ryan 5 seasons in...

This season seems to have a different bit of flavor to it so far, which I'm interested in.
    I just hope they don't drag out the relationship and Calleigh shooting at Eric thing forever. If they do remind me to take out my violin...

ERIC: You shot at me!
    CALLEIGH: Yeah, but I missed, didn't I?
    End of story.

:lol:

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That last part about Horatio =:guffaw:

Well, that just confirms to me that Jonathan Togo does not want to do shirtless scenes. We get the new guy without a shirt before Ryan. That must mean that Jon won't do it. :lol:

Has to take off his shirt for heroic deeds. :rolleyes: Did I miss something? When did this show become Baywatch 2009?

13. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I saw that about him taking his shirt off for a scene a couple of days ago. Not sure what I think about it yet, but I'm hoping he has an undershirt on. I just think it's a little too much, too soon. Has the poor man ever had a job where he wasn't required to be half naked at least part of the time. Give him a break.

OTOH, you're right about Ryan, GNRF! While his t-shirts do give us a good idea of what's there, just one no-shirt shot would be a wonderful gift for us Togo fans. Please, Jon? ;)

And yeah, as much as I adore Horatio, I think he needs to keep his shirt on! :lol:

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Or at the very least have a scene where he's in one of those t-shirts and he gets soak and wet. :lol:

It just struck me as funny the way that was worded. It was like the reporter was being sarcastic cause they too thought the "had to remove shirt for heroic act" thing was silly. :lol:

15. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

There is a surprise....Eddie Cibrian is going to lose his shirt!! :lol: In any show he has been in, has he ever NOT lost his shirt? I think someone already said that but, given that it is true, I think it bears repeating! :lol:

I love how they mention that Horatio will be keeping his shirt on!! No offense to his fans but he is not someone I want to see shirtless. Now if Cirbrian, Rodriguez and Togo were to somehow lose their shirts all at once in the same scene, then this show would definately get way more viewers!! Possibly more than Baywatch :lol:

In all seriousness, am I the only one who thinks that adding another character to an already crammed show is a really bad idea? Since they have added him are they foregoing adding an integral part of the CSI franchise in that there seems to be NO mention of a new M.E.? I just hope the writers know what they are doing and hope that in their effort to add a fresh face, they don't ignore characters that have been their longer in order for us to get to know Cirbrian's character.

When did we fall down the rabbit hole?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.