CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i totally agree with all those flack comments - it'll be interesting to see if/how they take it forward, i'd love to see him dealing with the dilemmas of it so i really hope it's not gone to the black hole...:rolleyes:

haha, looks like he can add you to the list ;):guffaw::guffaw:

2. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Yes, I can see Flack becoming very overprotective...wow, I can't even imagine how the first diner scene of 6.01 is going to play out, what with all the hysterics (they'd better let us see it, though!)

Exactly. It's weird that though Flack definitely has his moments of bullying suspects (and he interviews them more than any of the others do), we've never really seen him lose it on suspects like we've seen Mac, Danny, Stella, even Lindsay. His moment is totally coming this season!

I definitely see some deep character-soul searching coming for him...even if they don't acknowledge it (which they'd better), I can't see how it could be avoidable. Flack is always the one who seemed to have so much faith in the law and his job (he was the one giving Danny all those reasons for why they did their job in episode-before-Snow-Day, and seemed to find it unbelievable that that private-eye in "Silicone" actually chose to leave the police force). But "Pay Up" really indicated that he didn't have any faith in the law to provide justice for him, and I don't think that's something that ever occurred to him about himself.

La-la-la-la-la *plugs ears* :p I refuse to believe that Flack with all this potential is going to fall into the black hole of continuity. Not until I've actually watched S6 all the way through...

3. Madison

Madison Dead on Arrival

That creators have done with Angell and Danny much bad.

I much ills on them! :devil:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  4. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

... What?
    That makes no sense.

5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i don't think flack himself will fall in - although that could be quite entertaining to watch :lol: but they do have a habit of conveniently forgetting quite major events all too quickly - i hope this time we see it develop, because it's the kind of storyline that won't go away quickly. or shouldn't, anyway.

6. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Danny in a wheelchair sounds really interesting, can't wait to see how him and the rest of the team deal with that. It'll be interesting to see how Lindsay deals with that as well.

As for Flack, I would personally love to see some Mac-Flack bonding over their respective losses, and I wouldn't mind a Claire mention at all. While I see Mac as being a father figure to Danny, Lindsay and Adam, I see him as being more a friend to Flack (and also Sid and Hawkes). He has turned to Flack for support a few times (the 333 thing, Peyton) and I always enjoy seeing him support Flack. That said, I want to see Stella and Danny offering some support too. Personally, I think Flack could get different types of support from all three. Mac is the one who has experienced the loss/murder of a loved one, while Stella is the one who has killed someone in self defence (ok, Flack more or less executed the guy, but still I think Stella could offer some support) and Danny could be the one to take Flack someplace to drink and talk about Angell. As to how all 3 would react to Flack's actions, I think they would all understand but not condone it, and it would be interesting to see how that effects their relationship with Flack and their view of him. Stella's notion that he is 'so by the book he doesn't even swear' has been blown right out of the water now, and it's about time. Whoever Flack turns to, I agree it should be more about Flack than the other person, though a brief Claire/Frankie/Louie mention would be fine.
    I'd like to see Mac, and Stella and Lindsay supporting Danny in their own ways too. I want to see Flack do it too, for the two to grow even closer after both have been damaged by the last case.

As for Mac getting another nemesis, I don't mind, but I agree it's getting a bit much. I really want to see someone go after someone else. I'm sure Stella, Danny, Flack have pissed off their fair share of people. I'd love for the guy Flack killed to turn out to have a brother or something who comes after him.

I definitely want Flack angst, and I want to see more to him than that snark he always shows. I love the snark, but Flack's always been so put together and calm, I really want to see him start to lose it. If there's an IAB investigation, I'd love to see how he deals with that, especially since he really did do something wrong this time. Will Sinclair be gunning for him?

Re the Mac episode, I'm wondering if the ep has to do with how they all came to work at the lab, rather than a Mac nemesis thing? It would fit, what with the death of Angell, Danny's injuries, and the arrival of a newbie. We know why Hawkes became an ME but not any of the others, except that Mac handpicked Danny despite being told not to hire him.

7. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

Interesting! :thumbsup: I totally forgot about the 333 arc episodes and Peyton :eek: and now that you mentioned it I totally see it. It's true that Mac is more a friend to Flack than a father figure. Will the writers keep that in mind and not suddenly change their rapports? I hope they intend on keeping things that way if they make Flack turned to Mac. It's nice that some characters have Mac has a father figure but it would also be nice if Mac, the leader of the team and the man that takes everything on his shoulders, can have a friend besides Stella to turn to and vice versa. It would create a nice dynamic between Flack and Mac if he confides in him as a friend and not Det. Flack. More depths.

Yes! They all share something in common and it would do good to Flack that they support him in their own ways. As cops they all been through something and their advices can only help Flack with his struggle. I wouldn't mind Mac bringing up Claire at all. It would be absolutely relevant to the situation Flack is going through, and as a friend he could be concerned because he went there before. As for Stella, even though it was self-defence, she had repercussions for killing her attacker and if Flack ever gets to that point too, she could offer him help that's for sure. Taking a life, even if it was justified, ain't something you can brush off your shoulder like it was nothing. I guess there this haunting question marks that comes to mind : Was I right to do it even though .... ?

Agreed!!! They will not condone it because they were in similar situations. I'd like to see some Danny and Flack exchange because maybe we'll know if Danny had his back or Flack decided to bare the execution on his shoulders and not get his friend involved if there was an investigation? Though I'm sure there won't be.

All that being said, S6 seems like a good season to dwell upon the character's rapports!!! :D Lots of things are going on for each one of them and it all have a link with what one has gone through, etc. Some friendships could grow stronger while it can also bring two characters together. We all mentioned Mac, Stella, Danny because they are the obvious characters to think about but what if we could learn something about Hawkes? Could Flack mumbles something that will make Hawkes open up about his past and bring Flack and Hawkes closer? After all, Hawkes has lost two patients on the operation table.

8. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i see it the same way - i don't see a paternal thing there at all (like i do from time to time with danny/mac) - i think they are more like friends. which is great, i think they work very well together and i think their characters come over as the kind that would be friends with eachother, if that makes any sense...

9. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

S. TV stands for Spoiler TV.:)

Mm, I ain't so thrilled for the premier.

I see...lots of DL drama in the Season 6 premier and the rest of the season...in my crystal ball.

Sorry 'bout the fortune-teller thingie. I though it would be a nice "effect".:shifty:

I don't want a scene with Lindsay blabbing on how it's so not cool that Danny got hurt and all that junk and not doing anything for his injuries at all. That'll be so effing annoying. But, I sense that they'll do that.:rolleyes:

I want less DL crap and more focus on the crime and personal stories of the other characters. Is that too much to ask from TPTB?:scream: Apparantly, it is. (They should give Eddie more stuff to work with; he was just so amazing at expressing all of Flack's emotions in Pay Up!)

The Mega Minute interview with MK really gave me some hope for SMACked references the coming season though. So that'll be something I'll be looking out for.:p

10. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

Miyukiseta, I am now following you on Twitter :D

Unfortunately, there will be more DL drama to bare again :shifty:. I want to trust Hill Harper when he said this was going to be the best season for CSI:NY but maybe he is biased because he love his work? LOL :p Speaking of Hill Harper, here is his latest Tweet :

With the recent "spoilers", S6 doesn't give me too much hope but I'm really looking forward to Hawkes moments/story lines and Flack. The rest... meh... we'll see. Got something about that in your crystal ball? :lol:

And if Lindsay plays the victim card again...AHHGAIN! I think I will set my TV on fire.

I never saw a paternal thing between Mac and Flack but I really don't want it to happen. They depicted Mac in a way that he is on a pedestal almost all the time and cannot allow himself moments of weakness because of the people leaning on him or depending on him... kinda feel bad for Mac sometimes lol He's only human after all! They tend to do that with Horacio too. At least with Grissom the audience could see his flaws even though the man was fucking brilliant.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  11. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

I'm following you too!;)

He probably is biased kinda (sorry Hill, gotta go with Cyn:shifty:). He probably loves his work a lot and I don't blame him; he should be very proud of it.:p I would if I was part of the cast a global hit show. Hill (and Eddie...and AJ...and Robert...) deserve a lot more screentime. They are just amazing actors, but they don't get all the screentime they deserve just because TPTB loves Danny and Lindsay to pieces.:rolleyes:

I don't know why I have this feeling, but I think that TPTB will somehow regain some sense and try and fix up the DL mess. Maybe from reading threads on sites like Talk. I really hope that they can fix it while they can. Maybe it's just the crystal ball in my imagination:confused:...

Can I help?:lol:

~Tiff:angel:

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Interesting...

From here.

I guess they knew she wasn't what they were looking for - but that's kind of harsh. :wtf:

13. Nat_attack

Nat_attack Rookie

Dude, that's gotta be tough. :(
    Maybe they already had someone in mind/chosen?

Poor girl though, especially the depression. I know how that it from experience. :(

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Don't know if this has been discussed yet, but I'm starting to get the feeling that Danny is going to be at work a lot sooner than I had hoped.

Going off of Hill's Twitter, he has a Tweet that says:

This gives me the impression that they're doing the time jump, or at least sending him right back to work. Due to the spoilers (that I've read) I believe this is for episode one, because two was filmed first (to my knowledge) and there are no spoilers for ep three. Now, I'm not all up-to-date on spoilers like I have been in the past, but judging on this, it doesn't leave me all too happy.

Now, on the other hand, Hill says it is a great script. So I'm trusting his word and taking it for what it is.

15. Nightrider

Nightrider Witness

Ditto on the depression. The last thing anyone needs is for someone to kick them when they're down. But, Karma's a bitch! For what it's worth, I think she would have added something to the show! :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.