Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well we wouldn't know if Nick or Greg had any problems since there were hardly any plotlines devoted to them.

So now it's no longer CSI..it's Sara Saves the Day! What a lot of hogwash!

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Of course they have all had their problems. Nick, by the way, has caused the fewest.

However, let's remember that Sara is the only one that actually committed a crime, and typical, Grissom let her get away with it. Remember the DUI? A crime!!!!! That could have caused the death of someone else!!!!!!

Now if that was Nick that had a DUI, Grissom wouldn't have let him get away with it.

So Sara, who was insubordinate to Catherine and never apologized, is going to help Catherine bring the team together. :rolleyes: If I was Catherine, I would tell her to get lost.

Besides, if anyone should help Catherine get the team back together, it should be Nick, because he's the one who gathered the team in 'Redrum' when he thought Catherine and Keppler was doing something fishy.

But, oh yeah, they all have messed up, including Nick, but Nick, Catherine, Greg are all still on the show and Sara isn't.

Now, back on topic, Elayne, I'm with you. I was thinking it was going to be Millander's wiife.

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

In all my book reading and not paying attention I must have missed something last season. :confused:

In The Grave Shift they went out as a team for lunch/dinner (whatever meal it was?). And Nick was more than willing to share the office given to him by Catherine with Greg and Riley.

In Miscarriage of Justice they went out and had drinks at the end.

In Deep Fried and Minty Fresh Nick, Riley & Langston were all having lunch together in the brake room.

In No Way Out they all had that team building exercise in the beginning. (Not to mention the whole episode showed that they were more than willing to believe in eachother.)

In The Decent of Man they were all (except Catherine who it could be said was in her office doing that dreadded paperwork! :lol:) together in the brake room until Nick, Riley & Greg went out to get something to eat.

In Turn, Turn, Turn Ray took it upon himself to make sure Nick wasn't beating himself up over the death of Haley (and something he couldn't of prevented from happening.).

I don't see where they need help from an outsider (and yes that is what Sara Sidle is at this point) in becoming a cohesive team. Both Riley and Ray seemed to have been welcomed into the team with open arms. :)shifty: The fans are something defferent here - personally I think they should have gone a lot slower with Ray than they did. :shifty:)

As for a new serial killer, I could do without a new serial killer arc that lasts the whole season. So far for what I've heard from these first 2 episodes they're going back to the first 2 seasons and repeating. Isn't there enough real crime going on in this world to provide new material?

Susan

4. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

IMHO, deep down this is the real issue. I find it cute that people are wondering "Don't TPTB have faith in the remaining cast to carry on the show?" when, hello! they hired Lawrence freakin' Fishbourne! to replace Grissom (even worse, to play a rookie and then take over the show!). In that moment, it's like they had put a big, glittery, shiny billboard on top of the HOLLYWOOD sign saying "NO, WE DON'T TRUST THE REMAINING CAST MEMBERS OF CSI: LAS VEGAS TO CARRY ON THE SHOW".

People who don't like GSR often say Sara is CM's Mary Sue, other people say it's Lady Heather. It's lose-lose for CM, apparently.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm with you. There's plenty of material out there they could write about. So many subjects they could delve into and such. It sounds as if they are trying to re-create another season seven. To me one of the most boring seasons ever.

Aww but who has gotten the juiciest plot lines..Jorja Fox and for her it was never enough. They gave her an inch and she took a football yard. Sorry, but it's a fact. Like her character, she gets away with a lot. A LOT!

Anyways, whatever..there's tons of other shows out there. I know for the future, I'll avoid anything done by Carol M. She's an old school, former soap opera writer.

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Are you sure about that? I thought she gave Grissom attitude, but congratulated Nick. And then ultimately went out with Nick and Warrick to celebrate, hence the DUI.
    And, yes, Sara was disrespectful to Catherine in the hallway; but let's face it, Catherine has had her moments, too. She has put down Sara more times than I can count.
    Personally, I can't wait to see some Sara/Catherine interaction. Their relationship has been uneven, at best. The early seasons had them more in conflict (except for PWF), but they had some good scenes in season 6. I honestly can't remember a scene with just the two of them since BTK2; and Catherine certainly trusted Sara then.
    I still haven't figured out why Sara is back in Vegas, but I am anxious to see her interact with the rest of the cast. Since DD, she has really only had a relationship with Ronnie and Grissom, and maybe Greg. I never liked the way the writers closed her character off after that, but maybe that was intentional.
    As much as I am looking forward to more GSR, I am intrigued at the prospect of more Sara/Catherine, Sara/Greg, Sara/Nick, and maybe a little Hodges and Riley thrown in.

blackflag, you have essentially listed the reasons I lost interest in the show. All those 'team' moments seemed forced to me. The original team chemistry evolved over years, not episodes. Sara and Grissom and Catherine and Nick and Greg may have had their share of conflict, but in the end they cared for and trusted each other. I tend to believe that in RL the actors feel the same.

As far as the serial killer storyline is concerned, I think it is wise to introduce something that will bring viewers in week after week. Stand alone episodes are okay, but in this age of dvr viewing and elevated competition, it helps to have a hook to bring viewers back on a regular basis.

7. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

Soo....let's get this straight. Sara - the same Sara who has more baggage then an airport claim - is going to give Catherine - who has successfully run the Grave Shift AND Swing Shift - advice on being a family/cohesive unit? Maybe I missed something last season, but all I really recall of them not being cohesive was Riley/Ray having some issues, and that wasn't even a huge plotline. So over the summer are we supposed to believe that all of a sudden everyone can't work together!? They seemed to do fine in If I Had A Hammer when the team successfully helped Cath to prove the dude was in fact guilty, and they've seemed chummy in getting breakfast/drinks/bringing Nick cake/all the little team moments.

I'm really annoyed at Jorja/Sara's return, in case you can't tell. It's just so random and it's going to take away from the actual team and the cast members who actually...well, you know, have STUCK with the show and plotlines for them.

As for the serial killer, I'm intrigued big time. I love long story arcs like this. I just hope that they don't do what's cliche and have the killer kidnap a member of the team come the season finale.

8. erep

erep Witness

I always think these spoiler discussions are a little funny, because it seems that fans get ahead of themselves with assuming what the spoilers are actually telling us. Let's summarize what (I think) we actually know:

1. Jorja is coming back for five episodes; one of them being the premiere of season 10. Nobody knows if the episodes will be back-to-back or spread out over the season. Personally, I suspect the latter.
    2. Carol Mendolsohn has said that family is a theme for the season and that Grissom is a big part of that family. (She hasn't said we can expect to see Petersen, but...if I were the betting type, I'd bet that we'd see Grissom at some point this year.)
    3. There is also a serial killer arc in the works.
    4. Naren Shakar said that Grissom and Sara are still together, but that there's trouble in paradise, as would be expected by (I think he said), any couple comprised of two very independent individuals. And if you were writing this show, and had the opportunity to bring Jorja back, wouldn't you write in some angst?! Come on, it's predictable, unavoidable, realistic, and fun to write (I imagine to act, too)!

I don't recall reading that Sara was specifically coming back to help the team (though logically she'll be used in that way, in some capacity). People are getting so upset assuming that the original team won't be used appropriately. We don't actually know that (yet). I will say that I hope the original characters are used better this year than they were last year.

I'm all for emphasizing the characters that have been there since the beginning; I think ALL of them could use more screen time (including Marc Vann -- he is GREAT as Ecklie). But, that said, I'm still happy to see Jorja back for awhile, and to reprise the Grissom-Sara storyline (even if only for a minute or two in a few episodes).

There doesn't have to be an overkill of GSR to keep GSR fans happy. And I don't think we should assume we know more than we do about what the writers are going to do with the return of Sara Sidle.

I will be tuned in!

9. erep

erep Witness

Addendum to what I just wrote-- just saw that CM did say that Sara comes back to bring the team together. Let's hope that she was speaking euphemistically -- something to get us all riled up and excited, but that really doesn't tell us anything. Because I agree with those of you who say that Sara in that role is, well, a little far-fetched. (Not that she couldn't EVOLVE to work that way, but if she were brought in specifically to act as a conciliator of sorts -- well, that would make no sense.)

I'm giving CM the benefit of the doubt....

10. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

^

Yeah, the quote says something like "Sara comes back to bring the team together, Sara comes to help..." - technically, they aren't saying she comes to give advice, or that her expertise will be the solution to all their problems or she's the new Grissom (professionally speaking, of course :p) or anything like that. There are many ways somebody can help, even without knowing they're helping. Maybe it's more about the personal issues the team may have (such as the grieving of Warrick, or just showing that hey, Grissom and her are doing just fine so no worries there, or something like "if we could, you can" or something like that), not specifically going there and teaching Cath how to be a supervisor (although calling her handling of the swing shift at that time "successful" is kinda far-fetched, now she's done a good job, as far as I know...). In fact, I would buy more a good interaccion between Sara and Greg - who's more likely her BFF - or Nick, who's like "a big bro" than with Catherine, since all they had was some sort of comraderie, at most. They (Sara and Catherine) were never friends in the true sense of the word.

Personal opinion? All that talk was an euphemism for "ratings are slipping, and we feel that if we make Sara (bbecause she's one of the original characters who left) come back and give the O.K. to the new team, people will embrace them more and ratings will go up again".

11. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I'm really disappointed in this feeling. I would have thought that Marg was more than good enough to hold the team together and this just feels like tptb don't agree with that.

No disrespect to Jorja, but it's always been Catherine and Grissom up front and centre. Now that Billy left, Marg takes his post. I think it's unfair on Marg to go "Hey, you're not doing a good enough job, but because Jorja has fans, we're going to bring her back, and if she says you're doing an okay job, everyone else will agree"

Am I bitter with TPTB? Yeah, just a little.

12. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

That says it all. She comes in to "repair" the team? :wtf: She LEFT the team in the first place but now she is back and helps Catherine realize what she should and should not do?:rolleyes:

13. nanigsr

nanigsr Witness

I don't think Sara has give his approval to the good job of Cath. I see it another way...I think that nobody has been adapted to the new changes. Griss and Sara to their life together. Cath to be the new leader,she is not the shadow of Gil anymore. She has a different style more stronger. We all know Cath like boss is more harder than Gil. Maybe,the team has not adapted to her. They always has been with Gil. They'll learn something about the family here,even Sara.

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

And frankly I don't think Grissom was that good of a leader anyways, he played favourites with Warrick and Sara and Nick was relegated to the black sheep of the family.

Don't get me wrong. I like Grissom, but his leadership style left much to be desired. Heck even Billy himself Grissom wasn't always the best leader.

Bitter with TPTB, oh yeah.

Ratings slipt because BP left and the writers devoted ALL THEIR TIME to Langston.

It's far too unbelievalbe for Sara Sidle, the person who slept with her boss, the person who got snitty with Nick after being promoted to come in and a fix this team. The person who walked out on everyone without saying goodbye. Yeah that's very real. I can't see it happening. That's about as real as a having a Quebec separatist trying to promote Canadian Federalism abroad. Those of you who are Canadian know what I'm talking about.

TPTB have lost it in my opinion. They have no clue what's going on and why their ratings slipt. They knew for years Billy was going to leave and let's face it, Billy was pretty honest about it from the get go. He gave them plenty of time to start developing the other characters, but no they focussed more on HIM.

When he did leave, they then turned their attention to Langston and only Langston..and yeah he's the led, but you know I never watched a show so unbalanced in terms of character development. It's pretty lame.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  15. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

See that's the thing. CM isn't stupid. Yeah focus on bringing back Sara and work it up at how wonderful Sara is and you have 50% of the fans applauding her return and 50% crying about it. Regardless of where you are on the fence, everyone is now talking about CSI in a way that probably wouldn't have happened otherwise. Now all they have to do is mention Lady Heather's return and I think some people will explode...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.