Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I was thinking the premier, Family Affair would be about Langston. The finale left him looking at pictures from his family so I'm not surprised.

The Milander case looks interesting. But the season long 'serial killer arc' ... ummm MEH! We'll see.

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

And Doc Robbins.

They're casting a "Craig" for the episode, and Paul Milander's son was named Craig as well. I wonder if it's the same role; recasting the actor or a different role entirely. Cheryl White played Mrs. Mason originally and Devon Alan played Craig. Wonder if they're recasting both.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2009
  3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Could be they're recasting. Maybe he's an adult now? Maybe he hasn't aged and is still the same age he was when the epi aired. :lol: I wouldn't put it past them. :lol:

However, I do remember that Craig was adopted (if I'm not mistaken, that is), so he wouldn't have inherited anything from Millander, however the kid could've know what his adoptive father was doing too and somehow that broke something inside his brain.

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Good point.

I know this is not the thread to discuss it but that dinner scene with Milander and Grissom had me thinking of the second Hannibel Lecter movie..:guffaw::devil:

But it will be interesting..

5. goldencougarwolf

goldencougarwolf Hit and Run

I can't wait. Serial killers are my absolute fave. I hope they do all kinds of behavioral analysis. That was the only thing I liked about Grissom. His unknown psychology degree. Too bad they killed off Keppler. He really could have caught this guy. Can't wait to see the season. I hope anyway.

6. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

^

This.

I hope they recast. Although if I'm not mistaken, according to wherever you got this from, Craig's not the serial killer, he's more like the red herring that's so obvious you know he's not the killer from the beginning.

I really, really hope the killer is someone we already know and care about, or at least someone we've met before. Since the killer's alias is Dr. Jekyll, we may be talking about someone with split personalities, someone who doesn't necessarily know he/she murders people - and/or maybe someone who's a doctor (I hope it's Ray, I hope it's Ray!... though Grissom has a doctorate too :shifty:... kidding :p). I would be happy if Archie turns out to be the killer, just to give him more airtime (thus, more eyecandy for those of us who dig men :thumbsup: ). However, knowing TPTB, the killer will be - once again - some random guy/girl.

7. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I just read this article in EW magazine this week. I read Destiny's second post about Jorja posts, but I'm pretty sure this pertains to spoilers. If not, sorry, and feel free to move it!

Also, I'm copying it by hand, because I do not have a scanner!

'CSI' scoop: Sara's back! Will Grissom be next?
    <----The Ausiello Files

Less than a year after reuniting in the jungle with leading man William Petersen, Jorja Fox is heading back to CSI this fall--alone. But don't take Fox's five-episode return to mean that Sara and Grissom's happily-ever-after was a bust. "They're absolutely together," insists executive producer Naren Shankar, who nonetheless says Sara will drop hints of trouble in paradise. "We're talking about a couple of very independent individuals who have decided to share their lives together. The first few months of that for any couple are a very wird adjustment."

So, if not a breakup, what does prompt Sara to revisit the Vegas strip? Shankar and fellow executive producer Carol Mendelsohn maintain it was not a mandate from CBS to stem last stason's ratings slide. That said, the pair concede that the back-to-back-to-back departures of Fox, Gary Dourdan, and Petersen, combined with the arrivals of Laurence Fishburne and Lauren Lee Smith, took a toll. "The family had disintegrated a little bit," Shankar says. "We had people off in their own bubble, and we want to restore that family [feeling]. And Jorja's helping with that." Adds Mendelsohn: "Sara comes in and brings everyone together. And she helps Catherine understand that as the [new] leader, she needs to make the team cohesive and really fire on all cylinders again."

Might she get an in-person assist from Petersen? "You never know when Grissom will show up on CSI," teases Mendelsohn. "The theme of [season 10] is family. And he certainly is part of the family -- a big part of the family." I'll take that as a yes.

Okay. Wow. So they need Sara to help Catherine restore the team? WTF? They can't do that without her?

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I was thinking the same thing. I feel the new team is a team. So not only do tptb think Marg (and George, Eric, Paul, etc.) can't carry the show, but now the characters aren't capable of doing their jobs without Sara or Grissom?

Wow, that's sad. Ok, I understand the back to back leaving of 3 characters, well it seems Sara never really left since she keeps coming back, :rolleyes:, but if you want us to deal with all the changes, then give us the time to deal and become comfortable with it. We can't do that if you keep throwing Sara in our faces.

Focus on the new team and ONLY the new team. Geesh, give them some time and don't forget the actors/characters who have been there since the beginning, bring them more to the forefront, where they belong and I think people will come back, because they'll hear how CSI is more like the old CSI, before the 'romance', and will want to start watching the show again.

9. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

It's funny, cause all of the problems they are bringing Sara back for, are the problems they created on their own! Hello! If you want the team to gel, then GEL THEM TOGETHER! If you want the team to be a "family" than WRITE THEM AS A FAMILY! It's just a poor excuse to bring a character back to fix everything. Did Sara's long year in the jungle with Grissom all of a sudden make her a qualified problem solver?

10. nanigsr

nanigsr Witness

Make me happy read that G/S are absolutely together,although with a little problem of adjustment between them...its normal between people so independents. They have decided to share their life together and everything can't be love and sex. I don't understand about Sara help to Cath with the new team,sound to excuse. Happy too because Gil will be back again.

11. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

There is a certain sense to having Sara help Cath because, prior to Riley and Ray, she was the last addition to the team and it took Sara most of the season for the team to come together.

On the season-long serial killer arc, I'm putting my money on Milander's wife as the villian.

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oh please..Sara bringing them together. Grissom helping. These are the same two people that hid their relationship from the team for two years. And now CM wants these same two people to try and fix the new team. Give me a break.

You're right speedy. The writers have clearly indicated that theyhave no faith in the remaining cast members. This plot just bugs me.

And also shows that Sara Sidle is Carol's Mary Sue!:rolleyes:

I mean..this is the same girl who gave Nick attitude because she thought Grissom should have given her the promotion. This is the same girl who was disrespectful to Catherine in front of everyone.

And now she's back to save the team. Spare me.

Thank God..I'm in school!

13. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

I cant not belive this... Well, maybe i can, since they screwed the show already.
    That's the most absurd idea i've heard, Sara bringing back the team? Give me a break!
    I was really hoping, since this people decided to leave to show, to mantein that GSR crap (sorry) behind, what about the rest of us that were really looking forward to see some developments in our favorite characters? I honestly could care less about Sara and Grissom, that's ancient history! Anyway, since the writters dont care about the rest of the fans who arent interested in the "CSI Novel", i shouldnt waste my time lol
    But im so sure that im about to stop watching CSI...

14. nanigsr

nanigsr Witness

:confused: Cath,Nick,Greg etc...they're perfects? Nick never had problems? Cath never had problems? All the characters had a problem on CSI.

15. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

Does CM really think the rating sucked because Sara's not on the show? Did she see which ep brought in the ratings?

Good work on pushing the team to the back, bringing up Langston front and center, a character we hardly know and then wonder why ratings suck?

This is too stupid to be true and in light of the plot holes in the last serial killer arc, I fear this one will be the death of this wandering corpse that is CSI.

How many times is CM intending to jump the shark? :confused:

I watched one ep throughout with interest last year, one!

And why are people that marched out so proudly now coming back? Why? And to fix things? The one that couldn't take it anymore is back to lecture the others about how to do their work? Makes no sense other than in CM head. I agree; Sara is CM's perfect little Mary Sue. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.