CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

LOL, that too :guffaw: Only why is Stella supposed to be 34 again? I thought Danny was in his 30s, and while Stella really looks great, there's no way she looks as though she could be the same age as Danny.

Maybe they wanted to leave it open for married coworkers to leave their babies all over the lab? :rolleyes: It's a ridiculous double-standard, though.

Aw! Seeing Flack go all protective on Danny with suspects would officially make Season 6 the greatest one yet :lol:. Though I would absolutely love to see Flack get support from Danny, too - I mean, especially if it turns out that Flack isn't as strong as he used to be emotionally.

Going back to the Mac-->Flack support system, it's really not something I want to see again (it's always Mac giving support to Flack; with the IAB thing in Rush to Judgment, with Officer Moran in Season 1 and Truby in Season 3, geez, give someone else a chance). But I can't help but feel the writers might view Mac supporting Flack this time as the perfect opportunity to slip in another Mac/Claire reference...

Nice! So, I guess they're filming 6.02?

2. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Well Mac has given his blessing to the D/L relationship and I think as Mac is a "private person" they could pull off a relationship with Mac and Stella because they are both more into there job then romance! CSI had the Grissom/Sarah thing and they were coworkers.

Also I think Stella is flexable enough about the rules to understand why Flack pulled that trigger and tough enough to condone it.

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i just got that tweet too - sounds good :D

exactly - i usually think danny looks about the same age as me (give or take a couple of years), and he's clearly meant to be younger than stella so when they were dishing out stella's age it was just :wtf: there's no way she's the same age as me! anyway melina's 9 years older than me which makes a lot more sense - she looks incredible but not 33/34! maybe she wrote that as wishful thinking, "oh, i know, stella can be 10 years younger!"

Maybe they wanted to leave it open for married coworkers to leave their babies all over the lab? :rolleyes: It's a ridiculous double-standard, though.
    [/QUOTE]

yeah, exactly. babies in labs = noo.

4. Remke79

Remke79 Witness

oh wow, i would see that when its coming on tv, promo of photo

5. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

True, but then Sara and Grissom were made to work on separate shifts, weren't they, so their relationship didn't intrude at work? (Sara had night shift or something, whereas Grissom had day.) They don't seem to be that strict in the NY lab, but then again, none of the people dating in NY are in superior positions over each other. Whereas Mac is Stella's boss, like Grissom was Sara's.

She's definitely flexible, but condoning what he did? I don't think even Danny actually condoned what Flack did, although with Danny it seems to be more about supporting Flack all the way, than about thinking on whether he should have pulled the trigger or not.

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Danny is so the show's resident damsel-in-distress. :lol: Good thing Flack has a serious white knight complex... especially when it comes to Danny. :lol:

Yeah, I would love to see that, and I can totally see it! If someone goes after Danny in that wheelchair, Flack will lose it on the guy. I'd like to see Flack get support from Danny, too, even if it's Danny just offering to talk about what happened, or trying. I can see Flack kind of pushing Danny away, though, since while he's very good at supporting Danny, I'm not sure he looks at Danny as someone who could return the favor. I'd like to see Danny try though.

Yeah... it always feels like it's more about Mac in those scenes than Flack. And I don't like that.

Does Danny know for sure that Flack basically executed the guy? I think he might suspect, but I doubt he knows for sure. That's one key difference between Danny and Flack--I'm not sure Danny is capable of killing someone that way, while Flack absolutely is. I saw it in Flack's eyes in "All in the Family"--he would have taken Rikki out in a heartbeat if she'd gone to shoot Danny. I think it is kind of black and white for Flack, and I like that. I don't really see him wrestling with guilt over killing Angell's murderer next season. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that's what Flack will struggle with. Not saying he kills easily (he had a real issue in "Snow Day" after shooting a guy), but when someone he loves is in danger or hurt/killed... I don't think he's got an issue then.

7. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I could totally see Danny trying to get through to Flack, even if he'll be awkward with it. I can see Flack pushing him away, too, but hurt or not he usually tends to be fairly reasonable when people try to get through to him (well, Mac and Stella anyway, and then there was Hawkes that one time in Snow Day). If Danny keeps it up, he'll probably get through to. Eventually...here's hoping ;)

I don't know how hard it would be to tell about the execution, actually...from what I remember, the guy's gun wasn't in reach of his hand, and yet there'd be two bullet wounds in him, one to the head and one to the chest. I think Flack's ridiculously lucky that it was Danny who reached the boiler room first, because I could totally see Danny trying to cover things up so Flack isn't so obviously guilty (not that I expect it to ever come up, but if it did I think it'd otherwise be really easy to implicate Flack).

And wow, I hadn't even considered it from the angle that Flack might've been capable of killing the guy all along, but you have a point about the Rikki thing. I did remember his issue in "Snow Day", but I was also kind of remembering the way he was against both women (the nurse and the guilty CEO) in "Commuted Sentences", in that "arbiter of justice" thing, whereas even Danny and Stella were pretty sympathetic to them. Those women both had just reasons for wanting revenge, but he didn't seem to see it that way...I just figured he'd hold himself to a similar standard.

8. Top41

Flack never seems to share a lot, but he'll offer a little if someone asks. I think Danny can be incredibly sweet about the way he approaches people, so hopefully Flack would respond to that and not think, "Hey, he's got enough of his own problems right now; he can't deal with mine."

Of course, that very well could be the case. I think Danny isn't going to handle being injured well, and I suspect Flack is going to respond to that vulnerability.

I totally think Danny would cover for Flack. I'm sure he'd just clear the scene and ignore any evidence that the shooting didn't line up.

I think it's the difference between what you think you'd do and what you'd actually do. Flack likes to think he'll let justice do its work, and probably in most cases he would. But then, when he's confronted with the guy who shot and killed Angell, suddenly it's not so easy to just cuff him and let the law take over.

9. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

Hi people!

I just read a whole bunch of new spoilers at S.TV and I didn't like it a bit.:( At least in the first 2 epi's there seems to be no major Flack centered plot (which one could expect reckon the finale...). Instead, we have Danny hurt, unecessary Lindsay baby talk;:scream: episode 2 is (surprise):eek::rolleyes: yet another Mac centered episode! Add that to the fact that there will be a new character and Angell's definetely gone, and I might stop watching!
    Apparently nothing changed for season 6, at least for the first 2 epi's.

:(

10. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Ah, right, the wheelchair thing...it's true that Danny probably will have his share of problems to deal with, but even so Flack has never been so obviously in need as he is now (the only other time that came close, he was unconscious anyway, so that might be why Danny left). Maybe Flack'll respond if Danny just asks or presses, because it'd be a first, and Flack would probably recognize that.

Exactly! Therein lies the horror I think he might be feeling, and that's something I'm kind of hoping to see this season. (Pleasepleaseplease! *crosses fingers*) Because he probably was capable of killing the guy all along, but I don't think he knew that. I honestly believe that Flack was so sure he could always do the right thing no matter what the situation (because usually he does). I think it might unnerve him to face that he can't, and that he's not the straightforward moral guy when it comes down to something like this.

ETA:

Darn darn darn! Unless...those spoilers wouldn't happen to be script-slides/pages of 6.02, would they? Because I saw a few of those slides a few weeks ago, and while there wasn't anything Flack-centred in them, they also weren't representative of the whole episode; so I'm still holding out hope.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  11. Top41

It's definitely a first for them which I think will be interesting. I think they both have gotten comfortable in their roles with each other. Flack is the guy who protects and takes care of Danny physically and emotionally, and to Flack, Danny is the vulnerable friend he needs to look out for. I think shaking that up would be weird for both of them, because Danny is used to Flack always being strong and Flack is used to Danny leaning on him and needing his support.

If it wasn't for Danny's injuries, I'd think this would be a great time for Danny to reach out, but if anything, Flack is going to see Danny as even more vulnerable than ever before.

Yeah, I'd love to see that explored! I agree that Flack had no idea what he was capable of. I think he got an inkling in "All in the Family" when Danny stepped in between Rikki and Ollie, but that was different. If Rikki went to shoot Danny, no one would question Flack shooting her. With Angell's killer, it was pure vengeance, period. And that's got to throw him... and maybe make him question who he is since it was a pretty huge thing.

12. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

They are definitely very comfortable in their roles with each other...so yeah, it would be weird for them to shake things up, but on the other hand it could be really good for them. Gah, but not now. I'd almost hope that they would pull an "Eric" on Danny's injuries and have him walking around again within two episodes, just so we could see this - but if they're going to do this wheelchair storyline at all, they'd damn well better do it properly.:shifty:

Oh, this would be the most perfect storyline ever! You're right - Flack might've gotten an idea of what he's capable of in "All in the Family", but I don't think he'd have considered himself at all in the wrong if he'd shot Rikki right then. So it probably didn't even occur to him to worry about the morality issue. But now there's no real way of getting around it. Things used to be pretty black and white for Flack, but he's crossed the line into this weird grey area now; I agree he probably wouldn't feel guilty over killing the guy, but I do think even he knows that he's done the wrong thing, no matter how justified he might've felt it was. I definitely agree he'll be questioning who he is.

And with Flack crippled emotionally (grief over Angell plus his new identity crisis) and Danny "crippled" physically (and of course not handling it at all well) ... how amazing is this dynamic going to be in Season 6? Both with each other and with suspects? :D If the writers manage to get it right, that is. *knocks on wood*

13. Top41

Agreed. If Danny's in a wheelchair, we need to really see his struggle and recovery over a period of time. And I fully expect Flack to be there for him, pushing Danny to open up to him. Unless of course Flack's grief over Angell makes him withdraw from everyone, in which case I think Danny would be totally lost without him! I can't see that happening though, because I think the one-two punch of losing Angell and then nearly losing Danny would make him even more overprotective of Danny.

Nope, not at all. I saw in his eyes the realization that he'd do it to protect Danny, but I don't think he saw it as wrong. He wasn't going to let her shoot Danny. Period, end of story.

Agreed--a line has been crossed and I think Flack won't just be able to step back and forget it. And what happens next time? What happens when he's face to face with the guy who shot Danny? Will Flack want to kill him, too? Or if some suspect threatens Danny? Does he tell the guy to back off... or does he slam his head into a table?

I know! I can't wait!

14. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

^ About Flack and all, that's why I said somewhere in this thread that he's got this duality in him after (presumably) killing Angell's murderer and that it will most likely work his conscience or he'll have an introspection. There's this thin line he liked to think he would never cross (he's so stoic, professional, protect&serve, etc.) but did and he never saw it coming. And since it was done out of revenge, like some people he locked up, what does it says about good ol' Flack?! He is -that- different than the people he arrest anymore? See the kind of questions he could ask himself?! Will he think twice before shooting a criminal now? Some cops have this kind of "trauma" after being through similar situations.

15. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

what's S.TV?

episode 2 just sounds like the normal "mac show" everyone wants to hurt him and he kicks ass it does my head in i know he's the main cast but bloody hell how many people can that guy piss off in one season???? get's a bit boring after the 100th time try doing it with flack like someone from his rookies days paying him back (if you have to do that story at all)

1? i just hope we get to see what happens in the seconds after the shooting then it can jump a few months ahead half way or a flash back someone remembering?

(sorry about my mini rant about mac lol rather tired this morning)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.